criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battlefront 2: "new movies" confirms nothing[IMPORTANT][Give rumors no chance][2.0]

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-23909-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Sequel-Coming-Before-April-2017--Will-Feature-Content-From---�The-New-Movies--�.html

I don't know why my old thread is deleted, i didn't get an explanation for that so i try again.

We currently don't know anything about the content for Battlefront 2. We have no clear answer if it's going to be the prequels or the sequels. Therefore i don't understand why so many of you think it's confirmed that Battlefront 2 is going to be about TFA and RO. You've misunderstood what the author has written.
Here are some points which support Battlefront 2: The Clone Wars.

- the prequel trilogy isn't "old", still from this century

- ~2 years between each Battlefront -> Battlefront 3 in 2019 -> episode 9 DLC -> better choice for a sequel trilogy Battlefront

- the prequels have the most to offer for a Battlefront game

- PRESUMABLY isn't a safe answer

- prequel trilogy is complete, sequel trilogy isn't

- "historical movies" means only episode 4-6

- "bigger and better worlds": Jakku(again)? Takodana? Starkiller Base? I don't think so. Geonosis, Kamino, Kashyyyk, Mustafar, Mygeeto, Felucia, Coruscant, Naboo, Utapau, ...? Better choice!

- it would be just stupid to make Battlefront 2 about the incomplete sequel trilogy: The Force Awakens(max. 4 planets), an inappropriate Rogue One and finally, 1 year after the release, at the beginnig of 2018, an episode 8 DLC. There's nearly no content between Battlefront 2 release and episode 8 DLC. Episode 9 comes out in 2019 -> no possible DLC -> incomplete Battlefront 2 -> HUGE FAIL

- no matter if you like the prequels or not. There's nothing better and more iconic than a CLONE ARMY fighting against a ROBOT/DROID ARMY. There's a difference between a Battlefront game and the "hated" movies(which i like more than the old trilogy). Battlefront has no weak story, no romance and no unrealistic moving CGI clone troopers

- I've seen some polls already about this topic which mostly came to the conclusion that more people want Battlefront 2 about the clone wars era -> EA would make more money with the clone wars content - if they really LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY

- maybe i've forgotten some of my points, feel free to add some more in the comments

Conclusion: I'm pretty sure that Battlefront 2 is going to be about the prequel trilogy and Battlefront 3(probably 2019) about the sequel trilogy. Rogue One will be either a DLC for Battlefront 1 or gets an own Battlefront game with the Han Solo movie(2018). Or they won't appear in any Battlefront game and get their own game.

But, like i said, we have no confirmation about anything. We only know, it's NOT going to be about the old trilogy. If EA wanted us to know what the content for Battlefront 2 will be, they would give us a clear answer. They didn't.

Replies

• killerewok
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Everything I've read says "will include content from the new films". It could be all three trilogies for all we know.

Personally, I don't care much for Clones Wars, since I grew up on the OT. I didn't hate the prequals, and didn't watch the cartoon. I am just not as invested in those characters. I have really no interest in playing as a Battle Droid. You think customization is bad now? Lets all be clones and droids.
  • There are much more customization options for clone trooper armor than for imperials and rebels together because of all the different clone legions.
    We wouldn't have the problem with the helmet-less troopers because they all look the same. Droids also have different colors or different types like magna guards.
  • killerewok wrote: »
    Everything I've read says "will include content from the new films". It could be all three trilogies for all we know.

Personally, I don't care much for Clones Wars, since I grew up on the OT. I didn't hate the prequals, and didn't watch the cartoon. I am just not as invested in those characters. I have really no interest in playing as a Battle Droid. You think customization is bad now? Lets all be clones and droids.

Here's actually everything EA said about "Battlefront 2" which has been rather blown up IMO:
    We'll most likely have at least one Star Wars title a year over the next three to four years. Next year, we will see Star Wars Battlefront back, with bigger and better worlds, because we now have the new movies to work off, not just the historical movies that we used before.

Note how there's no actually mention of a second battlefront, just that battlefront will be "back" whatever that means. Theoretically it could be another $50-60 expansion which adds content relating to the new Films/anthrology series.
  • I think they want swbf2 threads under off-topic, which would make sense if they actually did something with the SWBF1 posts. As it stands now it looks like some people are already looking ahead to hope to find the game this one should have been.

My exact thoughts. Judging that they know English, which the definition is not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time. Based on that info Im sure it means It Wont Be Clone Wars, but the new movies, because the prequels arent new.

Here's actually everything EA said about "Battlefront 2" which has been rather blown up IMO:
    We'll most likely have at least one Star Wars title a year over the next three to four years. Next year, we will see Star Wars Battlefront back, with bigger and better worlds, because we now have the new movies to work off, not just the historical movies that we used before.

Note how there's no actually mention of a second battlefront, just that battlefront will be "back" whatever that means. Theoretically it could be another $50-60 expansion which adds content relating to the new Films/anthrology series.

I like how you interpreted that. You posted something similar on my post, and it makes sense.
  • @ThirdDegreePun After the release of Battlefront i found a statement from EA where they said that they want to bring out more Battlefront sequels. I'm too lazy to search it but you just have to google Battlefront 2 EA. They already splitted the community up by selling the DLC seperately. More DLC wouldn't be productive so i guess they mean Battlefront 2.

@N3gativePrime We will see. But i guess we agree in the point that more people would buy a Battlefront about the complete prequel trilogy than an incomplete sequel trilogy.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    killerewok wrote: »

My exact thoughts. Judging that they know English, which the definition is not existing before; made, introduced, or discovered recently or now for the first time. Based on that info Im sure it means It Wont Be Clone Wars, but the new movies, because the prequels arent new.

Well give me a full complete clone wars battlefront compared with an incomplete sequel battlefront that only has a village skirmish and 2 air battles.

Criticise the prequel films all you want, but everyone agrees that they make spectacular gaming material.
  • @ThirdDegreePun After the release of Battlefront i found a statement from EA where they said that they want to bring out more Battlefront sequels. I'm too lazy to search it but you just have to google Battlefront 2 EA. They already splitted the community up by selling the DLC seperately. More DLC wouldn't be productive so i guess they mean Battlefront 2.

Yeah they have mentioned making sequels, but a year seems waaay too quick to have an entire new game out, especially considering the resources are struggling in this one as it is and still producing content.. It doesn't really figure.

Well give me a full complete clone wars battlefront compared with an incomplete sequel battlefront that only has a village skirmish and 2 air battles.

Criticise the prequel films all you want, but everyone agrees that they make spectacular gaming material.

Im not criticizing it, its just not new. It doesnt fit the definition. I actually dont know if more people will buy clone wars, the new fans may have only seen TFA, and when they see kylo ren and rey in a game with awesome graphics, the newer fans will grab it. To me, only people who loved pandemics battlefront will buy it if its clone wars. I think the sales would be close, and id buy both
  • @N3gativePrime the prequels are new in comparison to the old trilogy, which is discribed as the "historical movies" in the article.
  • mastery0ta
    6507 posts Member
    I can't wait to not know what's in the next games DLC :|
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    Id like to have all three film era but if its GCW era + new films like they said in the article(and please dont say they might not mean the new disney films,thats exactly what new means), im fine with that. Id like to have this bf done right as a sequal with new
  • VedaRa
    24 posts Member
    Like I said before you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think they are going to make BF2 set in the CW era.
    1. The PT is over 10 years ago, so it is "old movies".
    2. Disney has stayed away from the PT like it has the plague.
    3. Disney uses BF to promote it's movies and what movie is coming in 2017?
    4. BF sold 14mil. copies and most where bought by star wars fans/casual gamers and want ST content. They don't care or like PT.

So people should (I know they wont) tame there expectations, because in 2017 when the game drops and its about Ep.VII with Ep.VIII DLC you'll going to be disappointment and crying on the Forums "But I Thought It Would Be CW".
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    VedaRa wrote: »
    Like I said before you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think they are going to make BF2 set in the CW era.
    1. The PT is over 10 years ago, so it is "old movies".
    2. Disney has stayed away from the PT like it has the plague.
    3. Disney uses BF to promote it's movies and what movie is coming in 2017?
    4. BF sold 14mil. copies and most where bought by star wars fans/casual gamers and want ST content. They don't care or like PT.

So people should (I know they wont) tame there expectations, because in 2017 when the game drops and its about Ep.VII with Ep.VIII DLC you'll going to be disappointment and crying on the Forums "But I Thought It Would Be CW".

Shipped 14 million copies not sold.

And how on earth do you know that 14 million people who supposedly bought this game don't want clone wars ??

I've seen many threads about wishes for battlefront 2 and guess what ? The majority is for clone wars !
  • VedaRa
    24 posts Member
    From the EA Earnings call: "Star Wars™ Battlefront™, a successful new franchise, sold in more than 14 million units in fiscal year 2016."

And before you try to say they are padding the numbers, it's against Federal Law to lie to investors. And for the majority wanting clone wars; you can't take what a small but long group of players on the forums as a majority.
  • UPDATE:
    - "bigger and better worlds": TFA -> Jakku(already in the game and Tatooine 2.0), Takodana(kind of Endor 2.0), Starkiller Base(still a planet? Kind of Hoth 2.0/Death Star 2.0), D'Qar(new), no real space battles in the movie
    TCW -> Geonosis(kind of Tatooine 3.0 but definitely less than Jakku), Coruscant(kind of Bespin 2.0 but with a jedi temple and bigger), Mustafar(Sullust 2.0), Naboo(new), Kamino(new), Utapau(new), Mygeeto(new), Kashyyyk(new), Felucia(new), Cato Neimodia(new), Saleucami(new), Grievous' flaggship(new)..., space battles in the movies -> TCW bigger and better

- "now we have the new movies to work off": We currently have ONE new movie. EA wants to create a Star Wars game that gives us a realistic Star Wars feeling to live out our fantasies. For example: they didn't implement an invincible Jabba in his palace or a living rancor. I want to say that i'm pretty sure that they won't mix up Rogue One(rebels vs imperials) and TFA(first order vs resistance). There's the complete old trilogy in between. That means, we would have only TFA content(max. 4 maps) until episode 8 comes out. They told us that they listen to the community and the lack of content(maps,...) was the biggest negative point at the release (and still is). Why should they bring out a new Battlefront with even less content than the current one? That makes no sense.

- some people would say TCW are new in comparison to the historical movies, some people say they are old. It's a gray area and EA knows that. Before Battlefront was released we already knew that we will get a map from TFA(Jakku). So many reasoned that we would also get TFA as future DLC content. EA never promised that, so they haven't done anything wrong de jure.
    If they wouldn't say "new movies", we would already be sure that Battlefront 2 will be about TCW, it's just logical. These two words are just confusing. It could mean either TCW or TFA. Like i said, it's a gray area.
    If they wanted us to know what the content of Battlefront 2 will be, they would give us a clear answer. They didn't.

If you guys are still absolutely sure that Battlefront 2 will be TFA you can already look forward to my "i told y'all" thread after the Star Wars Celebration where we probably get a teaser for the next Battlefront. Because i'm still absolutely sure about TCW.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    We'll have 3 new films by the time the game is released....Remember original battlefront only had episode 1 and attack of the clones when it was released as far as new content...we need to stop being in denial, new movies mean new movies, as in current films, not over a decade old film trilogy, no other way around that. Best lose that hope now then keep it building and get let down. Best fire up the first 2 battlefronts if you want clone wars....that or petition a remaster of the first 2 games
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    We'll have 3 new films by the time the game is released....Remember original battlefront only had episode 1 and attack of the clones when it was released as far as new content...we need to stop being in denial, new movies mean new movies, as in current films, not over a decade old film trilogy, no other way around that. Best lose that hope now then keep it building and get let down. Best fire up the first 2 battlefronts if you want clone wars....that or petition a remaster of the first 2 games

Hence the little excitement that you can see by the new game apparently being the sequel trilogy.

Clone wars would have gotten so many people excited.
  • CptSilvergo
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    @Strogg1980 Yup, original Battlefront had only episode 1 and 2 from the clone wars, but they also had the complete original trilogy which is way more content than a Battlefront about episode 7 and later episode 8 will ever have. And THIS is the problem the community is complaining about since the release.
    If EA would add some content from episode 7 or Rogue One to the current Battlefront as a "bonus" to look forward to Battlefront 3 it would be the "same" as the original Battlefront did.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    ^ im surw the new game will b ot too. They only said tbe new films will give them new material,that doesnt exclude ot. My fear is just the poor handling again
  • VedaRa
    24 posts Member
    Yes I too look forward to the "I told y'all and crying threads after Celebration. Because you most be on something too think it's not going to be ST.
  • @Strogg1980 Yup, original Battlefront had only episode 1 and 2 from the clone wars, but they also had the complete original trilogy which is way more content than a Battlefront about episode 7 and later episode 8 will ever have. And THIS is the problem the community is complaining about since the release.
    If EA would add some content from episode 7 or Rogue One to the current Battlefront as a "bonus" to look forward to Battlefront 3 it would be the "same" as the original Battlefront did.

You realize with the power EA has, making a BF2 like pandemics from 2005 will be huge. And by huge I mean LOTS of money, It would likely not look as good.
  • I appreciate the passion but you are kidding yourself if you think the next Battlefront won't be related to TFA and Episode 8. I will gladly eat crow if it is based on the Clone Wars, but I think you are dreaming. Disney is going to do everything it can to develop attachment to the new era heroes and villains. You will be playing as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, not Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    I appreciate the passion but you are kidding yourself if you think the next Battlefront won't be related to TFA and Episode 8. I will gladly eat crow if it is based on the Clone Wars, but I think you are dreaming. Disney is going to do everything it can to develop attachment to the new era heroes and villains. You will be playing as Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, not Anakin Skywalker and Count Dooku.

How boring
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member
    ^ t o be fair clone wars era characters, as far as films, were pretty damn poor characters too. As a positive for the new era of star wars Id gladly take someone like Kylo Ren over Count Dooku or Maul. He had a goal and struggle (struggling with his family while wanting to be remembered and surpase Vader as the greatest Skywalker )beyond simply being a tool for greater power. Clone wars villains were good awful and souless villians god rest christopher lee for working with what he had. Ashoka was a pretty cool character tho from her cw and rebels arc thus far tho imo
  • CptSilvergo
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Again, it's a difference between a Battlefront shooter and the the movies... only a few people would care about the backstory of the villains/heroes in Battlefront. Obviously you guys still don't realize how poor Battlefront 2 would be with only TFA and later a episode 8 DLC in comparison to a CW Battlefront. But you will. I promise. I can already see all the ppl complaining about the lack of content.