criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ok, I waited a long time now, can I please have my Extraction w/o Blast/Droid/HvV?

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
@Sledgehammer70 - isn`t there anything about this from your inside friends? I think (based on some quick research on the internet) that it`s not only me wanting Extraction to have its own playlist.

How can we get the attention we need? Should we just meet up at the new offices in Stockholm and explain the situation, or should we start buying EA stock to get majority and make the change from the boarder room?

Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• I don't get why they can't do it like they did battlefield 4 I just want the maps in the mode rotation with the base game
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    @Sledgehammer70 - isn`t there anything about this from your inside friends? I think (based on some quick research on the internet) that it`s not only me wanting Extraction to have its own playlist.

How can we get the attention we need? Should we just meet up at the new offices in Stockholm and explain the situation, or should we start buying EA stock to get majority and make the change from the boarder room?

Frikkin lol! I remember why I like your posts so much.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    It would be difficult to get this changed for online as a single playlist limits the plauerbase split, but Instant Action that included DLC content would solve this problem. You could play Extraction for days! :)
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member

Because they are worried about the player numbers. That's what you get if you have to rely on people playing in order for you to play it at your own needs.

Mulitplayer at its finest.
  • leftweet wrote: »
    It would be difficult to get this changed for online as a single playlist limits the plauerbase split, but Instant Action that included DLC content would solve this problem. You could play Extraction for days! :)

you might split some of the playerbase, but you would bring in a lot of us that bought the DLC and don't play it because the playlist stinks, as well as those that bail out everytime the mode changes. there would probably end up being more players, and if not it wouldn't take many server resources.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    leftweet wrote: »

you might split some of the playerbase, but you would bring in a lot of us that bought the DLC and don't play it because the playlist stinks, as well as those that bail out everytime the mode changes. there would probably end up being more players, and if not it wouldn't take many server resources.

Well, frankly, the best way to solve the online issue is by implementing a server browser. It would also help with finding matches in the non-DLC lists. But that doesn't seem to be happening, unfortunately, despite constant pleas for one.

The problem with keeping a server search-based system and splitting the DLC in multiple playlists (even just two, such as an Extraction playlist and a non-Extraction playlist) is that it will make finding non-Extraction games difficult for those who want to play those modes. I think that multiple playlist would simply kill off those other modes.

I'm not a fan of the playlist, but I can't see a way that would solve it without revamping the current server search system.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Well, I think that if the mini game FS (which I also love) can have its own playlist, why can`t Extraction?

Some of the meeh-sayers argue with the "not enough players" but I think that would be for the other OR game modes and not Extraction... Some say "it`s splitting the player base", but is it not already split between people who hate the forced playlist and those who just won`t be bothered with playing OR because of it?

and if this change request of mine is hard to do? Not at all. Everything you`d need, like "the hows" and "the whats", are already in the game, so we only really need "the when"!

@Zephkiel - I guess it`s my english again, huh? And here I was thinking that I`d improved! :smile:
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Us HvH want a HvV Only playlist for Outer Rim just like the base game has! I feel you @Straywalker
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    Us HvH want a HvV Only playlist for Outer Rim just like the base game has! I feel you @Straywalker

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out for exclusive playlists for each OR game mode"

/Obi-Wan
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    Anoh wrote: »

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out for exclusive playlists for each OR game mode"

/Obi-Wan

:joy: "From my point of view the playlist is evil!"
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member

/Obi-Wan

:joy: "From my point of view the playlist is evil!"

You have turned the playlist against me!
  • I want the playlist for individual game modes as well.

My thought on the matter, is that they are probably waiting for the second DLC content to come out so there are more maps for each mode, before instituting a playlist mode.

Their thought process is probably with only two maps for extraction, people will get bored faster with the game and begin to lose more interest. We've seen it already (rightly so too!) when people complained about only 4 maps in the original launch.
  • There are 4 maps of Extraction. 2 in Jabba`s Palace and 2 at the Sullust factory plant
  • @Sledgehammer70 - isn`t there anything about this from your inside friends? I think (based on some quick research on the internet) that it`s not only me wanting Extraction to have its own playlist.

Because they are worried about the player numbers. That's what you get if you have to rely on people playing in order for you to play it at your own needs.

Mulitplayer at its finest.

but, but, but EA shipped 14 million copies world-wide and it's wildly successful. Why are they worrying about player numbers just 7 months after launch? Riddle me this.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • Seems like almost every other thread is about the playlist. I hate it too. I suppose it was to encourage the other game modes. Even with the increase in % for extraction.. I still quit the other modes and go back to extraction if that is what I want to play. So, their "tweak" is probably not working... people are still dropping out.

Only they know if there is a numbers issue with low lobbies on modes or whatever. I really think they screwed up the whole model of the game though. Since people have the option of buying any of the single DLC packs, that means different locations.. Outer Rim, Bespin, etc. So, that will keep splitting up the player base.. which means continual playlists to compile players.

They should have just offered the single option of season pass and combined all the expansion DLC content so at least they would have been together. Outer Rim is going to be a ghost town when Bespin comes out.
  • Their tweeks on the rotation have worked for me. I've never liked HvV, Cargo or Droid Run, even in the original game. Now I'll stay and play them knowing I Extraction is next up. That being said, I would love an all Extraction playlist.
  • Zach
    540 posts Member
    Good news is that they'll need to fix this issue by the time Bespin is released because the playlist won't work anymore when you've got modes with different player counts i.e. WA+FS+small modes
  • Extraction, Extraction, shortened HvV, Extraction, Extraction, Blast, Extraction, Extraction, shortened Cargo, Extraction, Extraction, Droid Run
    66% of the games are extraction. If the games are competitive, you'll spend way more time playing extraction over other modes.
    I understand that's no consolation, but I'd like everyone, including non-owners of the Outer Rim expansion, to know the facts.
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    Extraction, Extraction, shortened HvV, Extraction, Extraction, Blast, Extraction, Extraction, shortened Cargo, Extraction, Extraction, Droid Run
    66% of the games are extraction. If the games are competitive, you'll spend way more time playing extraction over other modes.
    I understand that's no consolation, but I'd like everyone, including non-owners of the Outer Rim expansion, to know the facts.

True, but being forced to play something you don't want to for 34% of the time is still 34% too much.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    The problem with keeping a server search-based system and splitting the DLC in multiple playlists is that it will make finding non-Extraction games difficult for those who want to play those modes.

I don't agree that HvV, Blast, and maybe Cargo players would have problems finding games without the playlist.

However, I'll run with your assumption and respond with 2 points:

1) A mode having a low player count still does not justify forcing them into a playlist. Hero Hunt isnt very popular, so should we put it in a playlist with Walker Assault so its easy to find Hero Hunt games? Of course not.

Unpopular modes are that way for a reason. Change the game mode rules and make it better if you want people t play it, dont force it on everyone.

2) Even if the playlist does make it easier for non-extraction players to find games, they are still being kicked out after every game and forced into another game mode. And it takes ages for their gmae to come up again due to the rotation: extraction, extraction, blast, extraction, extraction, cargo, extraction, extraction, hvv,, extraction extraction, droid run ..... you think this rotation HELPS people who want to play non-extraction game modes?????

Not only that but due to the playlist theyve had to shorten cargo and hvv matches, further annoying non-extraction players
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    Joonlar wrote: »
    Not only that but due to the playlist theyve had to shorten cargo and hvv matches, further annoying non-extraction players

Truth. I love Cargo but rarely play it in OR for a couple of reasons...
    1. Not a fan of 8v8 Cargo
    2. Most people are just riding it out to get back to Extraction and just treat it like a game of Blast.
    3. It's near impossible to find a good lobby of players who play the game correctly. And when you do, it can only last 1 round because you're then put back into Extraction.

Declining playerbase or not, the playlist serves nobody well.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Joonlar wrote: »
    The problem with keeping a server search-based system and splitting the DLC in multiple playlists is that it will make finding non-Extraction games difficult for those who want to play those modes.

I don't agree that HvV, Blast, and maybe Cargo players would have problems finding games without the playlist.

However, I'll run with your assumption and respond with 2 points:

1) A mode having a low player count still does not justify forcing them into a playlist. Hero Hunt isnt very popular, so should we put it in a playlist with Walker Assault so its easy to find Hero Hunt games? Of course not.

Unpopular modes are that way for a reason. Change the game mode rules and make it better if you want people t play it, dont force it on everyone.

2) Even if the playlist does make it easier for non-extraction players to find games, they are still being kicked out after every game and forced into another game mode. And it takes ages for their gmae to come up again due to the rotation: extraction, extraction, blast, extraction, extraction, cargo, extraction, extraction, hvv,, extraction extraction, droid run ..... you think this rotation HELPS people who want to play non-extraction game modes?????

No. 2 certainly is a good point. However, I'm just trying to rationalize why DICE decided to implement a playlist and it's simply because it helps heleviate player split. Once you split it two ways, there are suddenly twice as many options for players to pick. If it is split for each mode, then that's five ways. When you then spread that across all DLC's, you're looking at potentially 20 new and separate choices. Obviously, I can't prove anything because I don't have numbers to back myself up. I just think DICE implemented a single playlist for a reason and the only reason I can fathom is because the playerbase is low.

I'll add that I don't like the playlist. I'd love an Extraction-only option. My routine for Outer Rim is to pick Blast or Droid Run, play for the remainder of that matches, play my two Extraction matches and then repeat the process. However, I'm on the West Coast on Xbox and even now, I occasionally have difficulty finding a match in Outer Rim (even when selecting Extraction, although that's been mostly alleviated since the patch).
  • There are 4 maps of Extraction. 2 in Jabba`s Palace and 2 at the Sullust factory plant

Really?

Every time I join it goes through two maps then off to cargo, blast, or HvV. Maybe it's when I join up.
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    There are 4 maps of Extraction. 2 in Jabba`s Palace and 2 at the Sullust factory plant

Really?

Every time I join it goes through two maps then off to cargo, blast, or HvV. Maybe it's when I join up.

There are four maps in Outer Rim (Jabba's Throne Room, Palace Garage, SoroSuub Refinery and SoroSuub Pipelines). Extraction can be played on all of them. However, you play Extraction two times in a row on the same map to have the opportunity to play as both Rebels and Imperials.
  • Piscettios
    5076 posts Member
    And I would like Cargo without all the other modes!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • leftweet wrote: »

There are four maps in Outer Rim (Jabba's Throne Room, Palace Garage, SoroSuub Refinery and SoroSuub Pipelines). Extraction can be played on all of them. However, you play Extraction two times in a row on the same map to have the opportunity to play as both Rebels and Imperials.

OK, that makes sense then.

Maybe before this last patch it was the 4 maps, and I've actually played it a little more now since the last update and only have seen the two maps.

Thanks for the clarification!
  • I do still believe however they will incorporate the game mode play list after the Bespin update, so you'll get Cargo in OR and Bespin playing through.

At least I hope that, since I doubt we are getting server browsers anytime soon.
  • What a great weekend for people who didn't pay anything ! , unlike myself who paid 10 months ago not knowing what You're get!, Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Zach wrote: »
    Good news is that they'll need to fix this issue by the time Bespin is released because the playlist won't work anymore when you've got modes with different player counts i.e. WA+FS+small modes

Bespin rotation will be completely separate from OR playlist. They already have the tabs on the bottom of the game select screen. So if you want Bespin 20 player you will have to do that playlist and if you want to do extraction you will have to do OR playlist. So you can see what an epic CF the each individual DLC + Season pass + none of will be.
  • CallMeDeee
    1656 posts Member

+1,000,000 Hues
  • Arockstar2
    675 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Agreed. Am tired of joining matches practically over or not even finding any at all. Decreasing it to only 3 rounds has made it even worse :( I can't stand the playlist in general either.
  • Anoh
    8379 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Arockstar2 wrote: »
    Agreed. Am tired of joining matches practically over or not even finding any at all. Decreasing it to only 3 rounds has made it even worse :( I can't stand the playlist in general either.

Yo I grind only Vanilla HvV not worth wasting time with Outer Rim :joy:

@Arockstar2
  • Right now I think we probably would need a few more maps for Extraction to not get stale quickly.

That being said if they added more Extraction maps I'd like them to make it it's own mode.

I also hope that with the Bespin DLC they learn from the playlist mistake and figure out a way to integrate the new maps for existing modes into the base playlists.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Right now I think we probably would need a few more maps for Extraction to not get stale quickly.

That being said if they added more Extraction maps I'd like them to make it it's own mode.

I also hope that with the Bespin DLC they learn from the playlist mistake and figure out a way to integrate the new maps for existing modes into the base playlists.

Yes, I`d like the Bespin DLC to have 4 new Extraction maps - and for season pass owners you`d get a Extraction only playlist with all the OR and Bespin maps in the rotation. That way EA might increase sales of Season pass and/or OR/Bespin :)
  • One big issue with the rotation is that you are set off in a game without knowing how many other players are there. I played cargo and lost horrifically only to find my team had 3 players and the other team had 8. Not sure if people quit, but there were no greyed out names on the scoreboard.
  • Rotation playlists are wrong, you should be able to play what you want, if Dice are worried about population ?, they should of made it better, and to be honest they could of!.
  • We are slaves and have to play what they want us to play. *sarcasm