criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

Battlefront 2 next year WTF!

I really hope its a rumor. They should focus on the game people spent 100$ + On it . Learn from the originals and you wouldnt hve to make sequel

Replies

• And no multiplayer splitscreen leave it up to the players if they need the whole screen. Just like what dying light did
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Battlefront 2 2017 confirmed..
    I feel your pain
    HueHue
  • I think I will be skipping this one actually. If 6 months into this one and still mass imbalance (Fighter Squadron) then BF2 feels like a HUGE cash grab......Sucks because I really like star wars
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    I think I will be skipping this one actually. If 6 months into this one and still mass imbalance (Fighter Squadron) then BF2 feels like a HUGE cash grab......Sucks because I really like star wars

+ 1 million HueHueHueHues
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    Complain with your wallet, don't buy the next one unless you're happy with this game. That's what i will do, maybe buy a used copy, so they don't get a sale off of you.
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    peck71 wrote: »
    Complain with your wallet, don't buy the next one unless you're happy with this game. That's what i will do, maybe buy a used copy, so they don't get a sale off of you.

Regrettably, this is the only way EA will listen.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member

Yes sir. I will be doing the same. Hop off the hype train people let's not reward them for screwing us
  • All I know is depending on what visceral and respawn do, probably won't get battlefront 2. Then again I might for sheer love of star wars
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member

We should all do this...
    HueHue
  • The reason this game sold as it did is the same as the movie. Name recognition. Least thats what happened to me and both had their disappointments...
    "There is emotion, yet peace, Ignorance yet knowledge, Passion yet Serenity, Chaos yet Harmony, Death yet the Force"
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    All I know is depending on what visceral and respawn do, probably won't get battlefront 2. Then again I might for sheer love of star wars
    The reason this game sold as it did is the same as the movie. Name recognition. Least thats what happened to me and both had their disappointments...

Also true.
    100% agree
  • So I guess the 4th DLC will just be leftovers then? Here's some scraps of turkey and spam with imitation cheese slices on 6 day old bread. Because no one can sell me on the concept that they are going to invest quality work on an expansion pack in addition to launching a brand new title in the same year.

No wonder they haven't named it yet. I'll guess we'll see what shakes out.
  • What if it was all some super elaborate prank byEA? a man can dream right?
  • OoklaTheMott
    721 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    So now, any of the suggestions that we make (assuming EA was listening at all) will be useless because it will be applied (assuming the care enough to apply them) to the next game and not the one we already payed for? HOW DARE YOU!!!! I payed over a hundred dollars because of my love for Star Wars and I never had a problem with EA. Now I feel like a sucker. I just played a few minutes ago, I came here to suggest something that players might enjoy, but there's no point is there. Why would it. EA has stopped listening (assuming they were in the first place).
  • Lol, "screwing us". I've gotten more than my fair share of money spent on this game. Maybe not all. But to be honest, to anyone who was following the hype behind this, this game is pretty much what I expected. People who complained about all that it didn't have.....do your research on the product before you blindly buy it. You really have no one to blame but yourself. This is a business. They made a product and we bought it. To think you've been duped by them to buy it is utter ignorance. I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought it. I've been more than satisfied with it. Yes, it has bugs and other issues. So does every other game on the market. It also doesn't benefit from the fact that its a brand new game in a brand new engine. Games like Halo 5, Fallout 4, and Call of Duty 2015 (yes its a friggin annual release) have the benefit from multiple releases. I'm sure the second one will be more polished from the start. I probably wont get it cause quite frankly I like having only the original trilogy.

My only request is bots for the multiplayer. And I'm sure DICE will provide that by the time the last DLC is released.
  • DarthBlue
    209 posts Member
    They must give a free copy of Battlefront 2 to the owners of the actual Season Pass...
  • mastery0ta
    6497 posts Member
    A 100 dollar uncompleted,rushed game, with developers already pushing it to the back burner to work on a (more than likely) lackluster sequel? I enjoy the game but I don't kid myself anymore, it will be dead in a year without offline, and everyone will rush to buy the sequel.
  • I will never buy any shooter anymore if it does not have;

Dedicated servers for ps4
    Conqeust mode like in battlefield 1942
    Server browser

This has to be in.
  • Strogg1980
    2574 posts Member

Problem isnyoubhave all those multiplayer madness lovers who will buy to ecause A its multiplayer based and they like mediocrity in their game modes and B because like us, they are thirsty as hell for star wars because we have been starved for almost 7 years since a good sw game
  • Lol, "screwing us". I've gotten more than my fair share of money spent on this game. Maybe not all. But to be honest, to anyone who was following the hype behind this, this game is pretty much what I expected. People who complained about all that it didn't have.....do your research on the product before you blindly buy it. You really have no one to blame but yourself. This is a business. They made a product and we bought it. To think you've been duped by them to buy it is utter ignorance. I knew exactly what I was getting when I bought it. I've been more than satisfied with it. Yes, it has bugs and other issues. So does every other game on the market. It also doesn't benefit from the fact that its a brand new game in a brand new engine. Games like Halo 5, Fallout 4, and Call of Duty 2015 (yes its a friggin annual release) have the benefit from multiple releases. I'm sure the second one will be more polished from the start. I probably wont get it cause quite frankly I like having only the original trilogy.

My only request is bots for the multiplayer. And I'm sure DICE will provide that by the time the last DLC is released.

You are partially correct, we did fall for the hype and this example is a clear example of why we shouldn't let it happen again regardless how much they try to sell us a clearly unfinished products. I understand that it's a company and they have to make money. I'd think that consumers would want their money's worth on a product but clearly you are an example of the market EA wants. People who will just buy the game because it's Star Wars regardless of the actual content (or lack of) in the actual product and who will settle for shiny graphics.

Even now everyone of those games you've mentioned has had way more content than Battlefront has even with all the free content we've gotten. To compare Battlefront to any one of those games in sheer content and replayability is a complete joke. All of those games (even Black Ops 3) has more replayability than Star Wars Battlefront.

Fun Fact: Call of Duty in name is an annual release however the games aren't developed in like a year. COD has a cycle of what developers make the game. Black Ops 3 has been worked on by Treyarch since the release of Black Ops 2 while another developer (usually Sledgehammer games or Infinity Ward) work on the next game. None of the devs make a concurrent game two years in a row.
  • peck71 wrote: »

Yep this is exactly what I am going to do. EA will not get another dime out of me until I am completely satisfied with the product at launch, no season pass promises, no pre-order exlusive *****, etc.

I won't even buy the game at launch just so I can see reviews and gameplay on it and I advise everyone who was disappointed in Battlefront to do the same. If EA won't change based on our demands then we will starve them out of purchases. It's that simple.