criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Over 14 millions copies shipped?!

Prev1
Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited May 2016
Number 1 publisher on Xbox and Playstation and 55% came from digital downloads. Impressive, most impressive

Full read

And with that many shipped copies it is no wonder that I always find a game on my PS4. :smiley:

Its also kinda sad to know that we, who post in here, are an extreme minority of Battlefront gamers. how many can we be? 10.000? 25.000? on even a full percentage of the total player base. That could mean that our voices, very easily, can be ignored when faced with the hard facts from excel sheets of the Big Data Department...

I guess I never will have an Extraction only playlist..... :(
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• Solomace
    356 posts Member
    Number 1 publisher on Xbox and Playstation and 55% came from digital downloads. Impressive, most impressive

Full read

And with that many shipped copies it is no wonder that I always find a game on my PS4. :smiley:

Its also kinda sad to know that we, who post in here, are an extreme minority of Battlefront gamers. how many can we be? 10.000? 25.000? on even a full percentage of the total player base. That could mean that our voices, very easily, can be ignored when faced with the hard facts from excel sheets of the Big Data Department...

Ahh the value of spin and those gullible to swallow it.

If this was as impressive as you make out, why not say how many copies sold not shipped?

Didn't Xbone go down this route when it too was embarrassed at the number of sold units so it went down the shipped route too?

I think with all the people finding problems getting games, it doesn't matter the amount shipped or sold, it's the amount of people playing.

TBH, the shipped amount is probably right as my local CEX,Game and Grainger Games has had at least 12 million copies on the shelf since the release... :wink:

Still rocking with the love in I see Stray.

To me, the forums are now starting to become as stale as the game was 1hr into playing it.

Where has all the fire gone from the rebel rousers? Has EA managed to purge them all so all that's left are those from the film They Live :smile:
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member

BTW, You only find a game on the PS4 because of the what they've done to the playlist not because of the 14 mill shipped. You know that already so nice spin :wink:

• shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Who you trying to convince here ?

'Move along'
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    @Solomace it says: 14 million shipped... that actually means.. 14 million... "shipped" means out to the stores/Origin/PSN/Marketplace..... and even if they only sold 10% of that number it would mean 1,4 million players... and if someone state in an official financial report that most of the success and overperforming the estimated revenue is due to Battlefront? Then I would say that there are at least more than 10% sold.

Even so, 1 million players are really a lot of people... have you been to a big rock concert/festival? like with 100.000 people? thats a lot of people listening to your kind of music. Now, 1 million is 10 ten times more.

So 1 million people playing the same game as you is mind boggling, to say the least. Oh, yes I said 10% of the shipped copies - that would be even more, about 14 times more people than you saw in that huge Rock Concert. It`s a lot of people.. it really is.. lots of people.. many, many, many, many people...

Hehehe, Yeah, I know I`m kinda mothering this game, but my love is for Star Wars - not any specific game, but this one have had my attention for over 365 hours and with only Battlefield 4 as my other game over 300 hours playtime, the rest of the 180+ games for the PS4 only have between 5-20 hours. :smiley:
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    just a note: Battlefront 2 sold/shipped roughly 6.52 millions between 2005 and 2012 according to the Internet (had to dig deep to find that number) and the console servers went down in 2014, PC owners can still play through GameRanger
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    14 million shipped. 12 million sold. 11.5 million traded in!
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Oh, so I`m not even "One in a million"... that`s depressing... :wink:
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member

Oh, so I`m not even "One in a million"... that`s depressing... :wink:

You get my point though. Shipped copies means nothing, as we all know everyone bought into the hype. Sold copies also means nothing as again, people bought into the hype. The real stats that mater are the numbers that still play. The numbers of trade ins soon after being bought, and of course the review scores. Sure this game will go down as a hugh success in terms of copies sold. But as far as over all gamer satisfaction, i dont see this game being more that an "ah its ok"!
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member
    Stray said some type of long probably drug induced dribble :wink:

mfQsyQe.jpg

And yet with all these millions nay even the 1 million you said is possible and probable (though not any more I bet), they still have to force you into playing the game their way with a playlist because of not enough people playing?

And 1 million people playing a game isn't exactly mindblowing. Where have you been? Not at a rock concert but it seems like you've been under a rock for years :wink:

Ahh Stray, ever the child in a mans body.

Time to take them off buddy.

F7aofQQ.jpg
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member

So if the above was the case (and I think you're not far from it :wink: ) Then the game is a great success for EA financially, but the game will always be known as a nearly game at the best and a poor rubbish fps at the worse (I fall into the later btw :) )

EA long ago lost what credibility they had in caring about what Joe Public wants, as they know that we the masses will buy anything with a FIFA, NBA, Madden, Battlefield and now Star Wars on the label.

Only a few mild mannered Janitors like myself have said no, you shall not season pass me and I will not purchase your games without reading reviews After the game has been released...

rHDbvPS.jpg

• Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Aaaah, @Solomace. Your effort of shutting up the happy people is impressive.

buy they way, the drug I used while typing the former dribble was Space Punch.. and I must say I`m really not drinking it for the taste....

star-wars-space-punch-top-logo.jpg
  • luke3026
    337 posts Member
    That number probably also counts the special discounted SWBF PS4 Christmas bundle, too. In November and December last year the SW bundle was $299. It was the cheapest the PS4 has been, and I'm sure many people bought and never fired up Battlefront even once.

I do wonder how long it will be practical finding games, even on PS4. It's already not instant for me, and it's only 6 months in. And if EA/Dice wants to release a title every year, it will further dilute the player base. BF2 was playable online for years and years. I don't see BF having that longevity.

Oh well, there's always the single player side to fall back on.....oh wait.....
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    luke3026 wrote: »
    That number probably also counts the special discounted SWBF PS4 Christmas bundle, too. In November and December last year the SW bundle was $299. It was the cheapest the PS4 has been, and I'm sure many people bought and never fired up Battlefront even once.

I do wonder how long it will be practical finding games, even on PS4. It's already not instant for me, and it's only 6 months in. And if EA/Dice wants to release a title every year, it will further dilute the player base. BF2 was playable online for years and years. I don't see BF having that longevity.

Oh well, there's always the single player side to fall back on.....oh wait.....

I don't bother playing the bigger modes now until some 40 player modes hopefully come to offline play.

People not playing the objective, lag, snipers at the back, helmet less troopers, explosive shot spam etc are all getting very tiring now.
  • KZ_T0XIC
    151 posts Member
    Shipped to recycling centers? Id believe that cause the game is rubbish
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member
    KZ_T0XIC wrote: »
    Shipped to recycling centers? Id believe that cause the game is rubbish

In a years time, maybe this pic will be in all the mags except it will be SWBF everyone is laughing at :wink:

fYdYZPU.jpg

Or more likely you could go here and it's just the same...

c1dHLnV.jpg
  • Solomace
    356 posts Member

Ahh you do me an injustice. I've never once told anyone to shut up or don't post etc. I leave that to all those rabid fanboys like yourself :wink:
  • Current Stats for players actually playing.

PC: 5,401 (24h peak: 7,857)

XBOXONE: 10,327 (24h peak: 26,318)

PS4: 24,060 (24h peak: 41,314)

Total: 39,788

Far Far Away from 10% of 14million. It's little better than 2%. AND THEY ARE MAKING A SECOND ONE. So the numbers will only get worse.
  • PopoTateo
    4838 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Here we go again with those peak stats which show nothing! Player numbers are low, and that was proven by them giving a free teaser weekend for the outer rim. But those stats are so wrong its just not funny anymore.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Here we go again with those peak stats which show nothing! Player numbers are low, and that was proven by them giving a free teaser weekend for the outer rim. But those stats are so wrong its just not funny anymore.

No one says that these sats are 100% accurat. These state are nice for comparison with other shooters like BF 4 or how low the player count is regarding to 14mio shipped copies. Also it shows that something is wrong with this game when the players are not playing this game anymore so soon. But it's not a secret anymore. Futhermore these are the only (inofficial) stats we have ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• PS4: 24,060 (24h peak: 41,314)

Once again, I'm glad I got a PS4 years ago.

PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

They are literally five minutes old. Here's an updated list (from this five minute interval)

Currently online players

PC: 5,509 (24h peak: 7,857)

XBOXONE: 11,264 (24h peak: 26,318)

PS4: 25,262 (24h peak: 41,314)

Total: 42,035

Hey hey! we picked up almost 2 thousand there still not at peak, but still wont get 10% of 14 million.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    But how many sold?
    How many returned?
    Why don't they give us those numbers..

Gamestop is probably making box forts out of all the unsold Battlefronts.
  • Webn8tr_ wrote: »
    But how many sold?
    How many returned?
    Why don't they give us those numbers..

Gamestop is probably making box forts out of all the unsold Battlefronts.

LOL
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member

They are literally five minutes old. Here's an updated list (from this five minute interval)

Currently online players

Hey hey! we picked up almost 2 thousand there still not at peak, but still wont get 10% of 14 million.

Ok, I don`t bother to explain that site again, I`ve done it about a zillion times before. but even so... did you really expect it to be 14 million people active at the same time 24 hour a day? Ask yourself this: "how often do I play the same games a day? and for how long? where would I find myself in those numbers?"
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Solomace wrote: »

Ahh you do me an injustice. I've never once told anyone to shut up or don't post etc. I leave that to all those rabid fanboys like yourself :wink:

Nah, I know you haven`t. It`s just the bashing one get when posting something positive that scares people away. So in that way the statement was right, but no, you have not told anyone to shut up... Sorry, small letters on the iPhone and big fingers on the writer makes the writing process hard, so sometimes I cut corners..

Currently online players

Ok, I don`t bother to explain that site again, I`ve done it about a zillion times before. but even so... did you really expect it to be 14 million people active at the same time 24 hour a day? Ask yourself this: "how often do I play the same games a day? and for how long? where would I find myself in those numbers?"

Nobody said anything about getting 14 million all the time, or even 7 million, but not even 100,000 (not even 10%)? The numbers are low, very, very low. It's plain to see. It's nothing personal, just very low population online. It's only going to get lower (if not forgotten altogether) when they publish the new one in six months. The whole point is that units shipped figures are deceiving, sales figures are deceiving, it's how many people still play that matters, and the numbers aren't there to justify the claims of "huge success". I wish it was, I like the game a lot. I still have three DLCs coming that I want to play.
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Currently online players

Nobody said anything about getting 14 million all the time, or even 7 million, but not even 100,000 (not even 10%)? The numbers are low, very, very low. It's plain to see. It's nothing personal, just very low population online. It's only going to get lower (if not forgotten altogether) when they publish the new one in six months. The whole point is that units shipped figures are deceiving, sales figures are deceiving, it's how many people still play that matters, and the numbers aren't there to justify the claims of "huge success". I wish it was, I like the game a lot. I still have three DLCs coming that I want to play.

Yeah numbers are obviously low. Evidence ?

Outer rim playlist: They confirmed themselves that this was to guarantee games for everyone.

Free weekend trial: Obviously again want to get the numbers up and try and get new players.

Price drops: The price of the game has fallen so much, now their trying to get the last life out of this game.

I think they should add all mulitplayer modes to offline play before things get even worse when next expansions are released.

Currently online players

Outer rim playlist: They confirmed themselves that this was to guarantee games for everyone.

Free weekend trial: Obviously again want to get the numbers up and try and get new players.

Price drops: The price of the game has fallen so much, now their trying to get the last life out of this game.

I think they should add all mulitplayer modes to offline play before things get even worse when next expansions are released.

Yeah, it sucks. Like I said, I really like this game. Co-op vs bots would probably make a big difference. I would love to massacre bots, I think a lot of other people would as well (can't abide by them bots).
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Yes, every game have a natural decrease in active players. Even the good old ones like Battlefield, COD, EVE online, TF2 and so on. But what I state is that the SWBFstats cannot possible show the rightful numbers because they don`t show how many individuals are playing, and the 5 minutes update will always differ - but how many new have entered and how many previously counted has left? and they can`t get the real numbers from the different hosting companies because this is information of high importance that no one wants to share with the world or their competitors.

Until EA shows the true numbers we cannot use the one site who shows some numbers who's origin we know nothing about.

Another dude here on the forum tried to calculate the active mass of PS4 players based on the % of Trophies being taken. :smiley:

HEY, I`m looking forward to the new DLCs too!!! if the graphic and environment are anything similar to OR.... OOoooOOOoooo! :blush:
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member

Currently online players

Yeah, it sucks. Like I said, I really like this game. Co-op vs bots would probably make a big difference. I would love to massacre bots, I think a lot of other people would as well (can't abide by them bots).

Definitely mate.

Along with that, I want to be able to play as any hero or villain throughout the whole battle ! To play as an AT ST through the battle and smash some bots.

Not just having to get lucky in finding a floating token on the map.
  • Yes, every game have a natural decrease in active players. Even the good old ones like Battlefield, COD, EVE online, TF2 and so on. But what I state is that the SWBFstats cannot possible show the rightful numbers because they don`t show how many individuals are playing, and the 5 minutes update will always differ - but how many new have entered and how many previously counted has left? and they can`t get the real numbers from the different hosting companies because this is information of high importance that no one wants to share with the world or their competitors.

Until EA shows the true numbers we cannot use the one site who shows some numbers who's origin we know nothing about.

Another dude here on the forum tried to calculate the active mass of PS4 players based on the % of Trophies being taken. :smiley:

HEY, I`m looking forward to the new DLCs too!!! if the graphic and environment are anything similar to OR.... OOoooOOOoooo! :blush:

Outer rim is gorgeous, as is the rest of the game. I have no doubt Bespin will be dazzling. I hope people start coming back. Mostly its the smaller games that I don't find as many games on. Not as bad as other people seem to have it, but worse than before. As for the stats, they SUPPOSEDLY (I grant you that) come from EA itself.

http://swbstats.com/

Can't be 100% certain that the stats truly come from EA, but seems legit to me. I'm looking further into it though.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Yes, every game have a natural decrease in active players. Even the good old ones like Battlefield, COD, EVE online, TF2 and so on. But what I state is that the SWBFstats cannot possible show the rightful numbers because they don`t show how many individuals are playing, and the 5 minutes update will always differ - but how many new have entered and how many previously counted has left? and they can`t get the real numbers from the different hosting companies because this is information of high importance that no one wants to share with the world or their competitors.

Outer rim is gorgeous, as is the rest of the game. I have no doubt Bespin will be dazzling. I hope people start coming back. Mostly its the smaller games that I don't find as many games on. Not as bad as other people seem to have it, but worse than before. As for the stats, they SUPPOSEDLY (I grant you that) come from EA itself.

Can't be 100% certain that the stats truly come from EA, but seems legit to me. I'm looking further into it though.

Those stats are not correct, Disney wont allow EA to make the stats public. The BF4 stats are correct.
  • Beaver wrote: »

Those stats are not correct, Disney wont allow EA to make the stats public. The BF4 stats are correct.

Then it sounds like the stats might actually be lower than posted? Or else they would want correct them, I would think, it be in their best interest to correct them if they are lower than the real stats.
    Do you know what mechanism they use to derive the stats?
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    "14 million shipped" is NOT 14 million sold. Take a trip to your local game seller/reseller and see for yourself.

There's nowhere near that number playing this game.
  • Most of them are being used as drink coasters in exotic bars around the world and nothing more. Truth hurts. :P
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    Even if those stats are off, EA Disney and Dice won't give us the real player counts. So what does that tell you guys? I play on P.C. and i think the player population is low. Sometimes i can't get a game of my choice, if i want a specific map for instance. And WA is not easy to get a game at certain times of day.
  • This thread hurts my brain.

Indeed...

xUg5gER.jpg
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)

Indeed...

xUg5gER.jpg

leonardo-dicaprio-donates-banksy-art-piece-for-amfar-gala.jpg
  • WoodydaCuakB
    946 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    ChadDSolo wrote: »
    "14 million shipped" is NOT 14 million sold. Take a trip to your local game seller/reseller and see for yourself.

There's nowhere near that number playing this game.

As usual, they are not clear on anything.
    If it's in fact 14 million units shipped to RETAILERS, the stat is completely and utterly pointless. Especially because a lot of sales are online, so "shipped to retailers" is useless. I thought whey were gloating with that number of units actually sold to customers (i.e. "shipped" to customers, either physical or online).
    But what do we really expect, if we don't even know what's going to be in the Death Star DLC, a DLC a lot of people already paid for, nearly 6 months ago.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Hmm.. this thread I cannot win... but I have to get something out of this så please help me on this one:

if I`m a "fanboy" what do I call you guys?
    "Un-fanboys"?
    "Dudes of Sith"?
    "Death eaters"?
    "Sith heads"?
    "No hopers"?
    "Topic Pirates"?
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    In January they reported 12 million copies shipped/sold I don't know which, but why would anyone ship another 2 million copies if the first 12 million weren't sold? Doesn't make much sense now does it. Fact of the matter is, they did insanely well on this title, and that's all there is to it.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    Hmm.. this thread I cannot win... but I have to get something out of this så please help me on this one:

if I`m a "fanboy" what do I call you guys?
    "Un-fanboys"?
    "Dudes of Sith"?
    "Death eaters"?
    "Sith heads"?
    "No hopers"?
    "Topic Pirates"?

Don't listen to the haters.
    We may disagree with you, but your not a fanboy. Far from it..
    I really like Sith Heads though..
    Feel free to call me a shi.. I mean sith head all you want! HueHueHue
  • smuggler
    13 posts Member
    You don't ship 14mln if the game ain't selling you numb numbs. Next it will cross 15mln shipped and you will down play that too ? When it was at 12mln, retailers sold it and then ordered more to have some reserve. Now it's at 14mln and that will sell in too.

The salt from people who thought this game won't sell is amazing. :D

Salt_mine_0096.jpg
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    smuggler wrote: »
    You don't ship 14mln if the game ain't selling you numb numbs. Next it will cross 15mln shipped and you will down play that too ? When it was at 12mln, retailers sold it and then ordered more to have some reserve. Now it's at 14mln and that will sell in too.

Salt_mine_0096.jpg

Proof?
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    smuggler wrote: »

Salt_mine_0096.jpg

Proof ?

HueHueHueHue xD
  • smuggler wrote: »

Salt_mine_0096.jpg

It's not the game didn't sell, it's that no-one is playing it. That's the discussion.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    were do you get the nobody is playing the game from? I join populated servers all the time and I'm on the PC.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    In January they reported 12 million copies shipped/sold I don't know which, but why would anyone ship another 2 million copies if the first 12 million weren't sold? Doesn't make much sense now does it. Fact of the matter is, they did insanely well on this title, and that's all there is to it.

They did well fans got screwed. Critic.reception is high around 80% on metecritic but fan reception is half that around 40%. Fact is, fans hated it mostly but EA themselves and the sites they paid off, loved it
  • Strogg1980 wrote: »
    They did well fans got screwed. Critic.reception is high around 80% on metecritic but fan reception is half that around 40%. Fact is, fans hated it mostly but EA themselves and the sites they paid off, loved it

No, you are wrong, Fans love it! otherwise they wouldn`t be called fans.. When you can`t appreciate the enormous attention to details, the "straight from the movie" environment, the incredible sound effects, the out of this world easter egg (Eating Wampa, Lukes T-47, Hans empty Carbonite case and so on...) and instead focus on things like "My K/D is falling from an average of 7 per game - the game must be broken" or how many players there might/might not be, then you are not a fan.

There is today no other way of experiencing Star Wars more irl-ish than this game - It`s built with love from some very dedicated people at DICE. If you can acknowledge this, then you are a fan....

And why are so many so quick with their trash talk of the game and the publisher/developers whenever a topic like this one comes up? I really don`t get what that trashing is supposed to do.. you think it would help? If so, help who?