criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Please Don't Abandon the Original Trilogy

Replies

• Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Joonlar wrote: »
    Nah, the OT has already gotten a full game of content. And ST hasn't released it's 3 movies yet.

PT should be the next game. Fresh, new, better.

There is soooo much more they could do with the OT that I'll bet you would love to play if they took the time. They won't, but wouldn't you love an extraction taking Han Solo through Bespin? Wouldn't you love to be in the middle of the ewok/imps/rebels battle on Endor? Wouldn't you love to be there when Jabba's palace was raided, with all the creatures and characters running around? Wouldn't you love to be on a small survey imperial team heading into Hoth the first time to raid the rebel base? What about space battles?

Yes to all the above, totally correct:
    (1.) Death Star starship exterior trench attack
    (2.) Death Star ll internal tunnel starship attack
    (3.) Space Battles of all types
    (4.) Detailed campaign going into way more detail then the classic trilogy ever did. This company could even use the famous Star Wars radio CDs that has the actual full cast. It has extensive not used content from the movies and it's all canon. Think of it, the real actors saying there lines. If the producers would only buy the rights to use it.

Plus they could tell side stories about characters, they could...well you get the idea.

Plus all the game mode possibilities:
    (5.) Bounty Hunt Mode:
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/40014/bounty-hunt-a-new-game-mode-possibilty-that-really-rocks#latest
    (6.) Tusken Raider Survival
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/33611/tusken-raider-survival#latest
    (7.) Tug-a-War Mode
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39474/tug-a-war-mode-and-sniper-mode-two-new-possible-game-modes-of-play#latest
    (8.) Sniper Mode
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39474/tug-a-war-mode-and-sniper-mode-two-new-possible-game-modes-of-play#latest
    (9.) Free For All Mode
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39848/free-for-all-mode-a-new-possible-mode-of-play#latest

Yada, yada, etc, etc, etc.... :) B)

100%. In my opinion what they've given us is about 1/10th of 1% of all the great fun webcould have with this game. Minimalist at most.

Amen to that, you have no idea dude, this statement by the producers made me a total Tobikun advocate: http://kotaku.com/ea-says-star-wars-battlefront-didnt-have-a-campaign-bec-1777352003
    RogueKarp wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    I actually hope they take the base of this game and all of the assets from it and add on to it for the sequel. Not subtract from it.

This. The content that is great in this game deserves to be in a really great game.
    DaBeast wrote: »
    Yeah Mixed Era is the way to go

Yep. :) Don't give up Producers, I know it's been tough. You've taken your lickings from the lash...now get up, be strong, learn and above all don't quite this franchise. You say you want to make money right? Then give the developers the flexibility to do that? Better deeper immersive campaign, plus Clone Wars, plus offline instant action (not Mission or Battle mode), plus new movies content= great reviews, greater sales, insane profit, it's simple logic.

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Nah, the OT has already gotten a full game of content. And ST hasn't released it's 3 movies yet.

PT should be the next game. Fresh, new, better.

There is soooo much more they could do with the OT that I'll bet you would love to play if they took the time. They won't, but wouldn't you love an extraction taking Han Solo through Bespin? Wouldn't you love to be in the middle of the ewok/imps/rebels battle on Endor? Wouldn't you love to be there when Jabba's palace was raided, with all the creatures and characters running around? Wouldn't you love to be on a small survey imperial team heading into Hoth the first time to raid the rebel base? What about space battles?

Yes to all the above, totally correct:
    (1.) Death Star starship exterior trench attack
    (2.) Death Star ll internal tunnel starship attack
    (3.) Space Battles of all types
    (4.) Detailed campaign going into way more detail then the classic trilogy ever did. This company could even use the famous Star Wars radio CDs that has the actual full cast. It has extensive not used content from the movies and it's all canon. Think of it, the real actors saying there lines. If the producers would only buy the rights to use it.

Plus they could tell side stories about characters, they could...well you get the idea.

Plus all the game mode possibilities:
    (5.) Bounty Hunt Mode:
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/40014/bounty-hunt-a-new-game-mode-possibilty-that-really-rocks#latest
    (6.) Tusken Raider Survival
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/33611/tusken-raider-survival#latest
    (7.) Tug-a-War Mode
    (8.) Sniper Mode
    (9.) Free For All Mode
    https://forums.battlefront.starwars.ea.com/discussion/39848/free-for-all-mode-a-new-possible-mode-of-play#latest

Yada, yada, etc, etc, etc.... :) B)

100%. In my opinion what they've given us is about 1/10th of 1% of all the great fun webcould have with this game. Minimalist at most.

Amen to that, you have no idea dude, this statement by the producers made me a total Tobikun advocate: http://kotaku.com/ea-says-star-wars-battlefront-didnt-have-a-campaign-bec-1777352003

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at how blatantly they seem to despise their own customers. It's shocking and I'm embarrassed for them. I just hope one of the people at EA has a gamer in their family. I mean clearly, none of them actually plays the game.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • +1 for more OT content in future BF games
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Why is this even debated. Ever play the original battlefronts? They had both clone wars and gcw in both, all they did was reimagine the levels and kept the same eras. Im sure this will do the same. Also you would loose alot of sales if you discarded the most iconic and favorite era of sw for clone wars. Its either gonna be cw gcw and new films or new films and gcw. Mark my words on that.
    I cant imagine a battlefront game no stormtroopers or a darth vader hero absent....
    On top of that take into consideration if they had it episode 1-3 and then 7,8 it would seem really out of place to have 2 unrelated eras togther.

Also for a side note- take into account the recent article mentioned the historical 4-6 films and the sequals, nothing about clone wars era stuff
    Not to mention it seems disney is pushing clone wars to the back burner at this point so i wouldnt expect anything cw related anytime soon.

With the limited brain capacity EA/Dice operate with i think Cw would need a game unto itself with all its content tbh
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Well said^
    Strogg1980 wrote: »

With the limited brain capacity EA/Dice operate with i think Cw would need a game unto itself with all its content tbh

+1 million HueHueHueHues
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    With the limited brain capacity EA/Dice operate with

Woo, woo, woo, chill with the heavy insults to this company.
    Just because 'this company' is owned by 'the producers', doesn't mean they agreed with every decision they made.
    Let's try and keep this civil people.
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I understand that you're looking forward to PT content, but to say the OT has "already gotten a full game of content" is stretching the truth a little.

What's wrong with integrating and having the best of both worlds, like an Era selection as suggested?

Battlefront is a full game, and it's all OT. That's not a stretch to say imo. Plus at least 3 of the dlcs packs are OT based too

Personally I'm either way on new content being expansion or a new game. If making a new game allows them to change and expand things to a degree that warrants it, then yeah I'm cool with a new game. But if they can achieve everything by just making it DLC, then they should do that.

Not really, I'd rather storm Theed's Royal Palace as Padme, or fight on the platforms of the Kamino clone factory, or inside the Senate Rotunda.

OT has already got it's game and season pass , Prequels havent!
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I understand that you're looking forward to PT content, but to say the OT has "already gotten a full game of content" is stretching the truth a little.

What's wrong with integrating and having the best of both worlds, like an Era selection as suggested?

Battlefront is a full game, and it's all OT. That's not a stretch to say imo. Plus at least 3 of the dlcs packs are OT based too

Personally I'm either way on new content being expansion or a new game. If making a new game allows them to change and expand things to a degree that warrants it, then yeah I'm cool with a new game. But if they can achieve everything by just making it DLC, then they should do that.

Not really, I'd rather storm Theed's Royal Palace as Padme, or fight on the platforms of the Kamino clone factory, or inside the Senate Rotunda.

That's the problem, BF1 isn't a full game at all, not yet. I'd like to do all that stuff too, I just believe it needs to be done as a full era expansion so we don't lose the OT maps and and content we already have.
  • The thing that sticks out to me with idea of the next Battlefront including the new trilogy is... I just don't know these characters yet. They've had one film. They are still a bit of a mystery to the audience. And they will still have only had one film by the time this game comes out.

So if Kylo Ren/Finn/Rey were to be the heroes what would be their abilities? The signature move that makes you feel like it's right for the character? I don't think there'd be one yet. Maybe Kylo Ren aside we don't know exactly what these characters can and can't do, because they are not fully fleshed out yet and we haven't seen how their abilities develop in the next films.

It'd be like basing a game just off of A New Hope. Luke wouldn't be capable with a lightsaber yet.

I think the next game has to include the PT and the OT. Whatever your opinion is of the PT, we know the heroes/villains and what they can do, and the opposing sides, and they would be very cool to play like they were in the original Battlefronts.

Then after Episode VIII they can include the new characters in DLC and stuff when we know more about the characters.

• irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    DaBeast wrote: »
    So if Kylo Ren/Finn/Rey were to be the heroes what would be their abilities? The signature move that makes you feel like it's right for the character? I don't think there'd be one yet. Maybe Kylo Ren aside we don't know exactly what these characters can and can't do, because they are not fully fleshed out yet and we haven't seen how their abilities develop in the next films.

Kylo Ren signature ability will be "Temper Tantrum." I haven't worked out the gameplay specifics but you get the general idea :wink:
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • tk421jag
    277 posts Member
    I really hope the prequels crap doesn't get folded into the current game.
  • irishtim7 wrote: »
    The original trilogy is and always will be the best and most loved time period in the Star Wars universe. It's why we, myself included, come on this forum to rant and complain about the game we wish we had. We are so enthralled with it. It's so entrenched in who we are. We realize the great potential in this game and as such, we are all very passionate about it. To me, it would be a great disservice and a slap in the face to everyone who bought this game if everything we wanted for this game is included in a BF2 release based on the new - yet to be released, mind you - trilogy. Nobody wants the OT to be left in the dust. It needs to live forever just like the movies. Tidy up Battlefront 1 and they'll have a customer for life. If they don't, I truly believe they will risk alienating a large population of potential customers for any future releases.

+1

It's so nice to see someone else out there who "gets it".
    PSN: N3GAT1VE_CR33P (Note: blank requests get deleted)
  • irishtim7
    706 posts Member
    @NegativeCreep thanks mate
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • FreeContentNowPls
    1306 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Do you realize that most of the content from the game is just created to increase map count? Half of the maps are pretty much throwaways to be quite honest and don't even exist in the continuity that is the films. Literally like half of the games locations could be discarded for a replacement location or planet. I still hold the firm belief that we don't need like 7 Tatooine locations. For the next game I hope they keep the locations to actual locations in the films or very similar and not fill the game up with like 20 maps residing over 4 locations like we currently have. It's fine to have 1 or 2 maps per location if it's important enough but We don't need 7 maps from Tatooine just to get two more of a planet which is literally almost an identical biome.

The game is very much inflated to be honest and I also have no doubts in my mind that it was because of the time constraints that they had. If they really tried then they could just as easily add content from both eras. This Battlefront had 13 maps at launch. I could easily see how they could have split half between one era and the other between another era and just cut parts of the map to fit the smaller modes.
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    If they dust off their hands and move onto BF2 before we've got Mos Eisley, Tantive IV, Yavin etc I'd be seriously disappointed. Especially if they decide to add those at the expense of say, Endor, meaning we'd have to load up BF1 separately and pray there are enough players around with the same idea. It makes no sense to abandon what we've got.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    If they dust off their hands and move onto BF2 before we've got Mos Eisley, Tantive IV, Yavin etc I'd be seriously disappointed. Especially if they decide to add those at the expense of say, Endor, meaning we'd have to load up BF1 separately and pray there are enough players around with the same idea. It makes no sense to abandon what we've got.

That's what's gonna happen :(
    This game will be irrelevant once battlefield 1 is out. Even worse with battlefront 2.

I would love Mos Eisley, Tantive, Yavin, and Degoba. But we will only get one :(
  • IronKeys
    103 posts Member
    gymnastic Yodas

HueHueHue
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    irishtim7 wrote: »
    The original trilogy is and always will be the best and most loved time period in the Star Wars universe. It's why we, myself included, come on this forum to rant and complain about the game we wish we had. We are so enthralled with it. It's so entrenched in who we are. We realize the great potential in this game and as such, we are all very passionate about it. To me, it would be a great disservice and a slap in the face to everyone who bought this game if everything we wanted for this game is included in a BF2 release based on the new - yet to be released, mind you - trilogy. Nobody wants the OT to be left in the dust. It needs to live forever just like the movies. Tidy up Battlefront 1 and they'll have a customer for life. If they don't, I truly believe they will risk alienating a large population of potential customers for any future releases.

+1 Hue
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    tk421jag wrote: »
    I really hope the prequels crap doesn't get folded into the current game.
    A lot of people liked Destroyer Droids, Super Battle Droids, before George dorkafied their voices in episode 3.

• Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    This Battlefront had 13 maps at launch. I could easily see how they could have split half between one era and the other between another era and just cut parts of the map to fit the smaller modes.

I'd rather 13 maps of one era than 6 of 2, personally.

lets them explore one era deeper instead of having less of both
  • Joonlar wrote: »
    This Battlefront had 13 maps at launch. I could easily see how they could have split half between one era and the other between another era and just cut parts of the map to fit the smaller modes.

I'd rather 13 maps of one era than 6 of 2, personally.

lets them explore one era deeper instead of having less of both

What era exploring have we really had in this Battlefront? The locations are literally random and have no story behind them. I could agree if each of the maps were locations based in the films but majority of them are not. What's the point of having a game based in the OT era if most of the locations aren't even in the game and half of what is in the game is filler content created to fill the game.

I see nothing wrong with having 1 large map on tatooine/sullust/hoth/endor/bespin/death star and have 6 large maps on prequel planets. The smaller maps could be slightly edited cut out portions of the larger modes which is what they did for this game to an extent.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    Cmon you dont want a bunch of gungan skin teammates?
  • I think the best thing about Dice doing a game that included the Prequel Trilogy would be, given the amazing graphics of this game, it would probably look more realistic than the actual films :D
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I think the best thing about Dice doing a game that included the Prequel Trilogy would be, given the amazing graphics of this game, it would probably look more realistic than the actual films :D

Agreed, and we wouldn't have to sit through lame dialogue and awful staging. It would be all lightsabers and mayhem.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016

Waaaay agree on that one. The old adage,"Devide and conquer," would happen. By splitting everyone up between the two games, player count would plummet. Thus this game could be largely ignored leaving it to perminently historically tank. They should focus on this one and make it great and leave the sequel alone for a tad.

I think this guy said it best:
    peck71 wrote: »
    If they were smart they would delay the next game, and actually finish the first game. With all the unsatisfied customers, supposedly near 13 million. How many of those will buy their next rushed game, with little content, and bugs, unbalanced and more than likely only content from episode VII ? When they rush the new game and we don't buy it, the shareholders will be as mad as us gamer's. Then maybe they will learn their lesson, and complete a game if they want to have a sequel. The Star Wars hype won't be like it was last year. And there are several other Star Wars games coming out soon enough.

• Tobikun wrote: »

Waaaay agree on that one. The old adage,"Devide and conquer," would happen. By splitting everyone up between the two games, player count would plummet. Thus this game could be largely ignored leaving it to perminently historically tank. They should focus on this one and make it great and leave the sequel alone for a tad.

If they were smart they would delay the next game, and actually finish the first game. With all the unsatisfied customers, supposedly near 13 million. How many of those will buy their next rushed game, with little content, and bugs, unbalanced and more than likely only content from episode VII ? When they rush the new game and we don't buy it, the shareholders will be as mad as us gamer's. Then maybe they will learn their lesson, and complete a game if they want to have a sequel. The Star Wars hype won't be like it was last year. And there are several other Star Wars games coming out soon enough.

But than they wouldn't be making money :|

They would if they charged for huge expansion updates. Not only would they get more buys from people who actually own the game but it could encourage people who were skeptical on purchasing the base game to actually purchase it knowing that it would be regularly updated. Plus it's not like EA isn't churning out several other games anyway (Titanfall 2, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Battlefield 1 etc)
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Tobikun wrote: »

But than they wouldn't be making money :|

Ha hah... There won't be a company to be making money with the way their going. The negative hype is off the scale and hit Jupiter, well atleast for the Producer any way. They need to buckle down and get this one right. This company though I love... Keep up the good work devs.
  • Alan_Ackbar
    3062 posts Member
    Exactly. I to take part in the battle above Endor. I want to smoke some death sticks at the Mos Eisley cantina. I want to play as Admiral **** Ackbar.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    I want to smoke some death sticks at the Mos Eisley.

"You don't want to use death sticks, says Starmasui17324 waving his hand.
    "I don't want to use death sticks", replies Alan_Acckbar.
    "You want to stop typing on this forum and rethink your life."
    "I want to stop typing on this forum and rethink my life."
  • If they've announced a release quarter for BF2 to shareholders there's absolutely no halting that to appease BF1 players. Best news we can possibly hope for is that BF2 is an integrated expansion. If it isn't, this almost-great game is going to be forgotten while BF2 brings a whole new host of 'where is Endor?' 'Why did we have Luke/Vader in BF1 but not here?' 'Where the hell is Fighter Squadron?' 'why are there dumb Phantom Menace droids in my Cantina?' problems.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    If they've announced a release quarter for BF2 to shareholders there's absolutely no halting that to appease BF1 players. Best news we can possibly hope for is that BF2 is an integrated expansion. If it isn't, this almost-great game is going to be forgotten while BF2 brings a whole new host of 'where is Endor?' 'Why did we have Luke/Vader in BF1 but not here?' 'Where the hell is Fighter Squadron?' 'why are there dumb Phantom Menace droids in my Cantina?' problems.

Hadn't thought of that aspect of this whole debacle, but yup. You're definitely going to have people wondering why there's no OT in BF2.
  • I want to smoke some death sticks at the Mos Eisley.

"You don't want to use death sticks, says Starmasui17324 waving his hand.
    "I don't want to use death sticks", replies Alan_Acckbar.
    "You want to stop typing on this forum and rethink your life."
    "I want to stop typing on this forum and rethink my life."

I'll go back to IMDb.

Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    I agree OP, makes sense to keep working with what we have.
    I
    'd love to see BF2 added on, they could still charge whatever they were intending. If anything it would help sales and promote longevity for the title. Make it happen Dice!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Piscettios wrote: »
    I agree OP, makes sense to keep working with what we have.
    I'd love to see BF2 added on, they could still charge whatever they were intending. If anything it would help sales and promote longevity for the title. Make it happen Dice!

BF2 should be an unlock-able for beating a campaign or something like that, just saying.

I hope they don't dump all the hard work they've put into these maps? It would be fool hardy. There is sooooo many cool things about this companies phenomenal game level art. It's soooo stunningly real. The sequel needs to continue the tradition. I wouldn't mind Clone Troopers and CIS on these maps, nor would I mind the Anthology characters, nor would I mind the new trilogy characters and newer Storm Troopers. But please don't dump the old maps from this game. Like the Topic Thread says," 'Please Don't Abandon the Original Trilogy.' B) Thanks devs for listening.
  • Piscettios
    5814 posts Member
    Surprised this thread fell off... needs to be page 1 always!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • This was the first game where I felt like I was beta testing for a future iteration. Not good.

It would also seem as though the game wasn't built off consumer demand (i.e. it was a solution in search of a problem.) Usually you bring in power users to bounce ideas off of (in this realm, the power users are big time gamers), before going into development. I tend to wonder if this even occurred at all during the creation of this game.

The customer is almost always right. You can make the prettiest most amazing product in the world, and it may appear as such to your internal teams. When the customer actually gets it in their hand the opinions may differ wildly.

Which is why it's good to bring outside users in prior to dev cycles beginning.

Moist
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    What worries me is that if they do add OT elements, they're of course going to be new, and let's be honest they're going to be even sparser in content than BF1's offering considering that they've decided to fit in non-OT content alongside it.

I actually very much want them to concentrate on other eras, they're highly requested and would make a solid addition as an expansion. But for OT fans if we get half of our game here in BF1, and the other half in a completely separate product it'd be a big disappointment. Imagine playing seamlessly from BF1 Endor to BF2's Mos Eisley for example.

The horror of finding out we have Yavin and Tantive IV but no Hoth because 'we did that last time, but here's Naboo' would mean I'd instantly take a pass until I saw it preowned for £20.
  • Mystical
    270 posts Member
    Yeah my fear is the next game will finally have stuff like instant action offline support ... but the game wont have any OT content in it. I hope they aren't ditching this current game and get those features in now instead of just skipping OT content entirely.
  • Aeralure
    478 posts Member
    I too am only interested in the OT and PT. I'd play TFA and Rogue One as DLC (makes more sense as there's just not as much there). I'd much rather BF2 be an expansion to this game, building on it. There's so much that is missing as it is. I can say for sure I will not be buying a standalone TFA game with its season pass etc. just not interested and there's really not a lot of content for that matter either.
  • SAmulticore
    3322 posts Member
    If this game is anything to go off, we'll get three Battlefronts that are separately disappointing but together could have been a game that lasts this entire console life cycle.
  • Webn8tr_
    3145 posts Member
    If this game is anything to go off, we'll get three Battlefronts that are separately disappointing but together could have been a game that lasts this entire console life cycle.

8m8KT4M.jpeg

So true.
    This is why we need one trilogy/era per game.

Because they can't even fit the best trilogy into this game. And it has the least amount of content.
  • CakeShop
    147 posts Member
    As an option that'd be fun, but I don't think I'm alone in not wanting to buy a game where if I play Luke it has to be against Count Dooku and trade federations.
    Mixed eras doesn't mean Luke vs Dooku. It would mean, for example in Blast, one map is Jabba Palace Reb vs Imps, then next map is Kamino Droids vs Clones. Just like the old Battlefront games.

It could also be separated via game modes. Walker Assault is OT. Then Core Attack or w/e is Clones storming a Droid Base. Etc.
  • FreeContentNowPls
    1306 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Webn8tr_ wrote: »

8m8KT4M.jpeg

So true.
    This is why we need one trilogy/era per game.

Because they can't even fit the best trilogy into this game. And it has the least amount of content.

They can't fit anything because they are too busy rushing the game out and giving us content we do not want. That is why we cannot have multiple trilogies per game but lets not act like it's impossible for it to happen.

The game could have easily be separated between 4 planets/maps per era (Prequel, Original Trilogy and Sequel) having a total of 12 maps at launch instead of going the cheap, inexpensive, lazy route of reusing assets to make the same map look different.. The DLC's could have been separated through all eras and whatever is missing could go towards the sequels with some of the original locations appearing remastered like what has happened for Battlefield games and even COD games. This way would have actually been preferable cause then we'd have way more options with the star card system, weapons and customization per faction which means more depth and a longer play time to unlock everything. Obviously it's not the case because they were so busy trying to give minimal effort to meet the deadline.

Don't think for a second that DICE couldn't have done it because they've actually made other games on a much larger scale (Battlefield). To this day I feel like half of the maps in Battlefront are filler maps because we don't need like 4 maps of the same place and if people at DICE were competent or intelligent enough to comprehend that then we'd obviously be getting Jabba's Palace, The Death Star and Bespin all without DLC in the first place. We do not have multiple eras in game not because "it's too much content", it's because DICE is too lazy to give us enough content so they gave us the minimum and most of the people eat it up anyway.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    MoistGamer wrote: »
    This was the first game where I felt like I was beta testing for a future iteration. Not good.

It would also seem as though the game wasn't built off consumer demand (i.e. it was a solution in search of a problem.) Usually you bring in power users to bounce ideas off of (in this realm, the power users are big time gamers), before going into development. I tend to wonder if this even occurred at all during the creation of this game.

The customer is almost always right. You can make the prettiest most amazing product in the world, and it may appear as such to your internal teams. When the customer actually gets it in their hand the opinions may differ wildly.

Which is why it's good to bring outside users in prior to dev cycles beginning.

Moist

Totally. Couldn't have said it better.
  • so long as im not forced playlist into other trilogy stuff. if thats how the sequel to this will be, with clone stuff crammed into a playlist with OT then im not interested in buying it. if its all clone stuff i will think about it, maybe when its on offer sometime. if its got the eras so you can choose which to play in i will think about buying it. but it will be shortchanging each era for content if so.

i think each era deserves its own game. i dont want to play clone stuff unless i choose. i certainly dont want it messing up my OT. i would start doing what people do in the outer rim now and quit when a mode comes up they dont want to play in order to join a game mode they DO want to play.

invalid brain token
  • Burnnssss
    809 posts Member
    I agree. BF2 must have OT involved.
    GT: Burns l 7
    Game Mode: Heroes Vs Villains
    Clan: Death Watch

• K9K9K9
    327 posts Member
    sure gggg
  • Personally I'd like to see all of the Star Wars eras in one game... Surprisingly Star Wars HQ actually had a really good idea for Star Wars Battlefront 2. Check it out in the link below EA
  • Well as it currently stands we have the classic original trilogy in this SWBF. The sequel it was said by this games creators that it will introduce more 'eras'. Thus the Prequels (Clone Wars) era and the new trilogy (new movies) era. I highly doubt it will be the Old Republic era. As for will it also have the original trilogy era from this game? Time will tell that tale.
  • JackTHorn
    3634 posts Member
    Tobikun wrote: »
    leftweet wrote: »
    It's going to contain elements of 7 and 8. We don't know the extent of those elements. We also don't know if it will include OT or Prequel content, either. It's far too early to make sweeping comments like that.

it won't contain elements since Episode 8 is being released Dec. 15th next year.
    Remember, Battlefront II came out before Revenge Of The Sith hit theaters, but had content from that movie.