criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Please Don't Abandon the Original Trilogy

13Next

Replies

• Tobikun wrote: »
    JackTHorn wrote: »
    Tobikun wrote: »
    leftweet wrote: »
    It's going to contain elements of 7 and 8. We don't know the extent of those elements. We also don't know if it will include OT or Prequel content, either. It's far too early to make sweeping comments like that.

it won't contain elements since Episode 8 is being released Dec. 15th next year.
    Remember, Battlefront II came out before Revenge Of The Sith hit theaters, but had content from that movie.

If anything BF2 will be released in November (again) with Episode 8 as DLC.

Sounds logical.
  • irishtim7 wrote: »
    DaBeast wrote: »
    So if Kylo Ren/Finn/Rey were to be the heroes what would be their abilities? The signature move that makes you feel like it's right for the character? I don't think there'd be one yet. Maybe Kylo Ren aside we don't know exactly what these characters can and can't do, because they are not fully fleshed out yet and we haven't seen how their abilities develop in the next films.

Kylo Ren signature ability will be "Temper Tantrum." I haven't worked out the gameplay specifics but you get the general idea :wink:

Only if the stormtroopers have this emote:

tumblr_o088uw1RcP1t6hyhyo1_r1_500.gif

And Kylo could have an ability stop all shots coming at him.

Finn steals your jacket and takes off his helmet..... wait they already not wear the things.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the prequels. Don't even own them or desire to own them like the original three movies.

If Battlefront 2 is somehow tied into Battlefront and we can play all maps and stuff I'll probably pick it up. But if it's just prequel era and there is nothing else then I'll probably pass.

It's a real shame. There is so much from the original trilogy that could be in this game. They really should have used Battlefront as the main game and just expand it with new content. Instead it looks like they are going to prevent that.

Of course that's assuming they are even really telling us the truth. Who knows what the next Battlefront will actually be like. I wish that EA wasn't so secretive.

• WodiQuix
    4498 posts Member
    Aeralure wrote: »
    I too am only interested in the OT and PT. I'd play TFA and Rogue One as DLC (makes more sense as there's just not as much there). I'd much rather BF2 be an expansion to this game, building on it. There's so much that is missing as it is. I can say for sure I will not be buying a standalone TFA game with its season pass etc. just not interested and there's really not a lot of content for that matter either.

Exactly.
  • I'm not a huge fan of the prequels. Don't even own them or desire to own them like the original three movies.

If Battlefront 2 is somehow tied into Battlefront and we can play all maps and stuff I'll probably pick it up. But if it's just prequel era and there is nothing else then I'll probably pass.

It's a real shame. There is so much from the original trilogy that could be in this game. They really should have used Battlefront as the main game and just expand it with new content. Instead it looks like they are going to prevent that.

Of course that's assuming they are even really telling us the truth. Who knows what the next Battlefront will actually be like. I wish that EA wasn't so secretive.

I am not a fan of it ether. But there was cool moments that stood out. I love: Destroyer Droids, Super Battle Droids (pre Ep 3 dork voice change), all the Clone variations, Clone vehicles, Clone weapons, C.I.S. vehicles and weapons etc. The lame acting, Jar Jar Binks, lowsy one liners, dorky voices of EP 3, Namodian voices, Gungan voices, they can keep all that, I don't want it in the sequel. Just bring on those cool elements.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Well as it currently stands we have the classic original trilogy in this SWBF. The sequel it was said by this games creators that it will introduce more 'eras'. Thus the Prequels (Clone Wars) era and the new trilogy (new movies) era. I highly doubt it will be the Old Republic era. As for will it also have the original trilogy era from this game? Time will tell that tale.

Chances are, if its not all 3 periods, it will have OT before PT. Especially when you consider that the new game will have a campaign it would make no sense to jump from CW to sequals and skip GCW. That would break the campaigns rythmn. Not to mention GCW is far more iconic.

You think fan rage was bad for no SP content, imagine if they ditched Vader Han and Stormtroopers for Maul, Windu and Battledriods then jumped right to sequal trilogy...

You may be reading too much into "introducing new eras" as meaning clone wars confirmed for pt 2. Could easily mean new eras for each game. All we have seen is a clip with sequal content.

Its either gonna be all 3 eras or OT and Sequals for the next game. Prequals and sequals only would break the flow
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited June 2016

Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Well as it currently stands we have the classic original trilogy in this SWBF. The sequel it was said by this games creators that it will introduce more 'eras'. Thus the Prequels (Clone Wars) era and the new trilogy (new movies) era. I highly doubt it will be the Old Republic era. As for will it also have the original trilogy era from this game? Time will tell that tale.

Chances are, if its not all 3 periods, it will have OT before PT. Especially when you consider that the new game will have a campaign it would make no sense to jump from CW to sequals and skip GCW. That would break the campaigns rythmn. Not to mention GCW is far more iconic.

You think fan rage was bad for no SP content, imagine if they ditched Vader Han and Stormtroopers for Maul, Windu and Battledriods then jumped right to sequal trilogy...

You may be reading too much into "introducing new eras" as meaning clone wars confirmed for pt 2. Could easily mean new eras for each game. All we have seen is a clip with sequal content.

Its either gonna be all 3 eras or OT and Sequals for the next game. Prequals and sequals only would break the flow

Watch this video at 0:38-0:40 she says, "More eras."
    You need to go back and listen to her again. She did not say, "We are going to try to bring in a new era [I.E.- New Trilogy]." Nor did she say, "We are going to combine eras, " [I.E.- Classic Trilogy]. She said, "Very excited, we're bring in more characters, more planets, more environments, more eras." That's 'eras' as in plural more then one.
    100% proof the sequel game will contain 'The Clone Wars'.
    This can not mean just the new trilogy. That would be singular form. Nor could it be Classic and New because she said we are bringing in- more eras. Not adding another on, so your wrong.

• could also mean stuff from old republic because that game is still going strong.
    invalid brain token
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    could also mean stuff from old republic because that game is still going strong.

Have yet to see one Old Republic action figure on their desk or monitor. Nor any referances to that period by a single dev or financier. However, I have seen Clone Wars action figures on their desks. Plus they have referenced the Clone War era is coming latter.
    Here he clearly hints it's coming when talking about Jango's pistol:

He said, "It's more for the awesome ideas we have coming. Stay tuned."

• These are my feelings exactly, and I believe adding the sequels as full price expansions is a genius idea. In all honesty, I cannot see myself buying the sequels if they are based on the new trilogy. It's not that I didn't like The Force Awakens, but it will never really be Star Wars to me. Chances are that a lot of cool new stuff will be added in the next installments that I will not get to experience in the context of the Original Trilogy. I love this game, but I want to see it further expanded rather than left behind while the sequels take the spotlight.
    Ub0a8xV.gif
    You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    I have almost no interest in any prequel content. I do want to see more OT focus in future games.
  • So we're getting into talk and rumours about BF2 now, and 'course correcting' from EA, they're unhappy with the review scores and know what the fans want. Space Battles, SP Campaign, Galactic Conquest, Classes perhaps. We'll probably get them.

The only problem, if like me you're a fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, is that the improved version of Battlefront could see clone troopers, battle droids, gymnastic Yodas and new sequel content. That's all great I guess, but the OT specific environment is something I'd desperately love to see developed further.

I've mentioned the possibility of BF2 as a full-release, full-price expansion for BF1 in a couple of discussions so I thought I'd give it a thread. Sound off if you want to see new eras bolted on to an already solid engine to avoid losing what could be the definitive Original Trilogy fps if given a little care and extended support alongside BF2. Come on EA old buddy don't let me down.

Everything you said. Yes.
  • stendec
    229 posts Member
    If they're going to make the next game a sequel trilogy-fest (bleh), it would be cool if they could carry over all the awesome maps that exist in the current game . . . it would be a shame to lose all the great work they've put in already.