criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

How does the Party system work?

MikeyFett
191 posts Member
OK, so I've put about 300 hours into SWBF but never played in a Party before. Want to give that a try.

If you have, say, 8 players in your Party can they choose which side to play on? For example, if we wanted to play 4 vs 4 on a game mode.

Any help with this or other tips would be much appreciated.

Replies

• I wish I could help. I recently tried to play a match with some of the other guys here. Joined the party, even joined a private match. At some point they must have left. End result was me playing Supremacy on Jundland Waste by myself. It was kinda cool running around the map with no one shooting at you....but after a few minutes it was lame. I tried to find the rest of the group on another match, but never had any luck so I dropped out of the party. Kind of a bummer.
  • I'd like to know, too. I got an invite for party the other night (just as I was about to log off) and wondered what it was. I was wondering if it meant you could communicate through the headset or whether you could get a party of say 8 and play some game modes together like HvV?

Anyone know?
  • Basically it shows you those people in your party in green on the minimap and when you look at them, and it keeps you together for games, it'll try not to split you up once you're in a team but if you join a party game and it's inbalanced it won't put you necessarily on the same team as your party, like it does with a partner.

It's not overly useful really except for keeping a team together across several modes or for private matches.
  • Basically it shows you those people in your party in green on the minimap and when you look at them, and it keeps you together for games, it'll try not to split you up once you're in a team but if you join a party game and it's inbalanced it won't put you necessarily on the same team as your party, like it does with a partner.

It's not overly useful really except for keeping a team together across several modes or for private matches.

Cheers. Do it automatically activate chat as I rarely play with a headset on?

eheh, no, unfortunately not. So, this is how it works on Xbox One, not sure how it works on PS4 or PC but it'll be a similar thing with less confusing terminology hopefully. There are two types of Parties. There's the in-game Star Wars Battlefront 'Party', and then Xbox itself has a party system which runs through the console which is their voice chat system. So, if you are invited to a 'Party' in a popup on Xbox, you are being invited to a voice chat with whomever sent it. If someone 'Invites you to play Star Wars Battlefront' you'll join their party and you get the things I mentioned in the other post (greenness and togetherness).

On PS4 and PC it'll be the same, voice chat will need to be handled outside of the game, although you can access people's profiles and invite them to it via the game I believe.

So yeah, there's no communication within the game itself, it's all facilitated via other means. Or emotes. If those count (spoiler: they don't)
  • Balloons! Balloons are the international symbol for " party over here!"

eheh, no, unfortunately not. So, this is how it works on Xbox One, not sure how it works on PS4 or PC but it'll be a similar thing with less confusing terminology hopefully. There are two types of Parties. There's the in-game Star Wars Battlefront 'Party', and then Xbox itself has a party system which runs through the console which is their voice chat system. So, if you are invited to a 'Party' in a popup on Xbox, you are being invited to a voice chat with whomever sent it. If someone 'Invites you to play Star Wars Battlefront' you'll join their party and you get the things I mentioned in the other post (greenness and togetherness).

On PS4 and PC it'll be the same, voice chat will need to be handled outside of the game, although you can access people's profiles and invite them to it via the game I believe.

So yeah, there's no communication within the game itself, it's all facilitated via other means. Or emotes. If those count (spoiler: they don't)

Cheers TDP

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Ps4 is pretty intuitive.

You can either go to your friends list and just invite them to a private match, or you can go find a game already in progress with them.

If you want to create a party. Just go to the create party selection and select which people to invite. Then choose the mode and map (some arent available, like hero hunt). It puts you all in a lobby where you (as the creator of the party) choose who goes on what side. You can voice chat the whole time by simply plugging in a mic.

Then you go in and kick butt.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member