criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Things to think about when creating a DLC list

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited May 2016
So what downsides brings this Forced Playlist to the players?

- Loss of flow! All the game modes have their own way of how you play. Defensive, aggressive, slow, fast, easy and essential there are totally different strategies.
- Every mode is Blast! To excel in all the different modes you have to be a Blast master. We find the best aimers on top in all of the game modes. Not the MVPs.
- Frustration! When meeting a better team you (as a objectives player) have to rethink your strategy and try to adapt. Often you have to change your hand to beat them... but hey! you don`t have time because it`s only one round of this (or up to 2 in extraction).
- Same map syndrome. You won`t be able to play through all the maps, because that would actually take hours to go through the different game modes on the 4 different maps....
- Less gaming time!The Quit/reenter alternative takes some minutes of waiting but is the only alternative to experience exclusive play on one game mode. This means I need to have more time free to game.
- DLC owners goes Vanilla. Most players just want to play their favourite game mode and therefore don`t bother with the DLC, instead they play the vanilla version where there is no forced mode change

Apparently EA DICE is satisfied with this madness - I really do not understand why?

Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• I guess we can just pray they don't do it in future DLCs :neutral:
  • ClarkCarlyle
    12 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    The playlist has a big number of negative points and only one positive: to find a random lobby(till the playlist has drained out the dlc players completely)
    For me it is an absolutely No-go.

Imagine at the restaurant
    *Eat some random food button*
    "Its because every food should be eaten as much as the others, dont you like monkey brain?"
    Or a *randomly marry anyone* button xD
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    The inspiration for the DLC playlist is most likely the "Bertie Bott's Every-Flavour Beans"....
  • Joonlar
    1154 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    - The playlist forces all modes to have the same playercount

- Shorter HvsV & Cargo matches as a result of people backing out from the playlist

- If you like one of the non-extraction game modes you only get to play it every 1 in 12 matches

• "We tried that for Jakku but created too many matchmaking options. We're in a good place now, games are easy to find even for DLC"

At this statement, i dont know where to start.
    "We're in a good place"
    i am far away from that.
    "games are easy to find..."
    unfortunatley only for the modes i dont want to play.

Why do i have to fill up a blast or droid run lobby, when i only want to play HvV?
    And its not only me, This poll result http://goo.gl/70bbnt speaks for itself.
  • Stray, you're going to be so mad when you see the bespin playlist :D it's gonna happen.
  • Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    Well, if it does I think I`ll be needed in stockholm quite urgent....
  • Well, if it does I think I`ll be needed in stockholm quite urgent....

I'm prophesying it now "The bespin DLC playlist, the playlist that will break the straywalker" ;)
  • "Your thoughts betray you, BgJW. I feel the good in you, the conflict.... "
  • Brutalizer wrote: »
    "We tried that for Jakku but created too many matchmaking options. We're in a good place now, games are easy to find even for DLC"

"We're in a good place"
    i am far away from that.

Why do i have to fill up a blast or droid run lobby, when i only want to play HvV?

This
  • "Your thoughts betray you, BgJW. I feel the good in you, the conflict.... "

:D :D
    The dark side clouds you. There is light in you, I can sense it. You will see the light in the city in the clouds.
    :D
  • Anoh
    8378 posts Member
    So what downsides brings this Forced Playlist to the players?

- Loss of flow! All the game modes have their own way of how you play. Defensive, aggressive, slow, fast, easy and essential there are totally different strategies.
    - Every mode is Blast! To excel in all the different modes you have to be a Blast master. We find the best aimers on top in all of the game modes. Not the MVPs.
    - Frustration! When meeting a better team you (as a objectives player) have to rethink your strategy and try to adapt. Often you have to change your hand to beat them... but hey! you don`t have time because it`s only one round of this (or up to 2 in extraction).
    - Same map syndrome. You won`t be able to play through all the maps, because that would actually take hours to go through the different game modes on the 4 different maps....
    - Less gaming time!The Quit/reenter alternative takes some minutes of waiting but is the only alternative to experience exclusive play on one game mode. This means I need to have more time free to game.
    - DLC owners goes Vanilla. Most players just want to play their favourite game mode and therefore don`t bother with the DLC, instead they play the vanilla version where there is no forced mode change

Apparently EA DICE is satisfied with this madness - I really do not understand why?

+1
    Adtrfan_25 wrote: »
    I guess we can just pray they don't do it in future DLCs :neutral:

+2
    Brutalizer wrote: »
    "We tried that for Jakku but created too many matchmaking options. We're in a good place now, games are easy to find even for DLC"

"We're in a good place"
    i am far away from that.

+3
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I am not playing the outer rim anymore because of the playlist. (just like the op said)
    A HvV only mode would be very nice for the small maps they offered in outer rim,
    who knows how the next dlc maps will fit for HvV.
    We dont even know if they add HvV to Bespin.
    I have no idea if i will play the Bespin more then testing the maps like i did in outer rim, and then turn back to vanilla immediatly.
    What i learned is, i wont buy the next battlefront. Thats for sure. (except it comes from another studio)