criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Homing shot is kind of lame for hero bodyguards to have now.

I just never use it. I'd rather have some type of grenade instead. Anyone else agree?

Replies

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Totally agree. They should have a thermal imlpoder instead.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • They should have a pulse cannon or cycler rifle on large maps and proximity mines on smaller maps instead
  • Or maybe an all new ability just for them! Like what if they had a one-time use ability to give their hero half of their remaining health when they are close? How cool would that be??? It could encourage more players to actually move as a unit with their heroes. You know... Like actual "hero bodyguards".

As it is now, a lot of people immediately quit their bodyguard job as soon as they spawn, and go rogue lol.
  • Maybe the bodyguard ability is to set up a personal shield-like thing for the hero (palpatine or leia), when the shield absorbs damage the bodyguard gain some points and maybe like a increase in damage?
  • I agree. Trying to lock on to anyone is just asking to get destroyed by explosive shot. Homing shot is useless. It is a waste of an ability slot for them. give them a thermal imploder/detonator.
  • Ledorus
    212 posts Member
    I know this is completely unrelated, but I think the bodyguards should heal when they're with Leia/Palps and have their cooldowns shortened when they've been with them for 5+ seconds. It could encourage people to stay with the heroes more.
  • j_novs
    711 posts Member
    I wrote this same topic about a month ago suggesting that they drop the Homing Shot for Flash or Smoke, how about Bacta Bomb even.
  • Ledorus wrote: »
    I know this is completely unrelated, but I think the bodyguards should heal when they're with Leia/Palps and have their cooldowns shortened when they've been with them for 5+ seconds. It could encourage people to stay with the heroes more.

That could be cool. Kind of like how cooldowns are faster when you're next to the shipment in extraction. I love that gameplay element.
  • j_novs wrote: »
    I wrote this same topic about a month ago suggesting that they drop the Homing Shot for Flash or Smoke, how about Bacta Bomb even.

Bacta bomb would be good with a different colour mist that only heals guards and heroes
  • Ventress
    69 posts Member
    j_novs wrote: »

Bacta bomb would be good with a different colour mist that only heals guards and heroes

I agree, different color (i.e., how Leia's shield is green) and only heals heroes / the other guard.

Alternatively they could also just simply reduce the lock-on time for the homing shot as a guard/shock trooper. Which, imho, wouldn't be too far fetched considering their respective guns are stronger variations of the existing ones normal troops use.
  • I agree. When you're a bodyguard you're with the hero right in the action and its usually close quarters combat with obstacles the enemy hides behind. Homing shot is pointless because not only are you vulnerable the half hour it takes to acquire a lock but they can just step behind cover and avoid it. Homing shot is for people sniping at a distance it makes no sense for protecting heroes.
  • They may have changed something because I tried it randomly a few days ago and seems to work better. I've been getting kills or damaging Heroes with it since. Here's a clip from today.

[url]
  • fracas
    34 posts Member
    They may have changed something because I tried it randomly a few days ago and seems to work better. I've been getting kills or damaging Heroes with it since. Here's a clip from today.

[url]

That was a fast lock on, but looks kinda weak. Going to start using more now though
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    I actually love it tbh
  • SAmulticore
    3323 posts Member
    I've been hoping for a HS buff forever, it isn't in my regular hand but as a Guard it's useless. It was never that hard to dodge even on day one.
  • I've been hoping for a HS buff forever, it isn't in my regular hand but as a Guard it's useless. It was never that hard to dodge even on day one.

YES! It never needed a nerf in the first place, you just jump pack out of there or duck behind some cover, its not hard to avoid at all! I used to love using it but now its a pointless star card that nobody uses because of the nerf.
  • Tattered29
    1025 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    With the reduced rocket speed lengthening the lockon time was rediculous overkill that didnt need to happen, one or the other
  • Tattered29 wrote: »
    With the reduced rocket speed lengthening the lockon time was rediculous overkill that didnt need to happen, one or the other

Yeah, and I believe they also reduced the range of the homing shot IIRC. Although I've never been a huge fan of the card, I think the nerfs were a HUGE overkill.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Agreed. You're almost always better off using your primary weapon unless you're trying to shoot somebody across the map. Most of the time it'll just get you killed trying to use it.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Vindictum
    567 posts Member
    I think Bodyguards should have flash grenade or smoke grenade or turrets or scan pulse or something, more objective and team oriented moves instead

SW_Sig_zpsjlznlipn.png
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Speaking of the hero bodyguards...didn't they limit how many can spawn in? Is that restricted to HvV or all modes? I forget the specifics of this.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Speaking of the hero bodyguards...didn't they limit how many can spawn in? Is that restricted to HvV or all modes? I forget the specifics of this.

Yeah they did. I think there can only be 2 at a time now.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

Yeah they did. I think there can only be 2 at a time now.

Wasn't there always a limit of 2 max? I'm talking about the quantity that can be spawned in throughout the life of the hero. Can infinite bodyguards spawn in (up to a max of 2), or is there a limit to how many can be spawned. And does that apply to all game modes?
  • Alan_Ackbar
    3062 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »

You can only have two per round in HvV and 2 per game in Extraction. In large game modes you have unlimited bodyguards but you have a maximum of two at once.

Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • handcuff
    923 posts Member
    They are pretty stout even with one of their secondary weapons neutered.

I just want some emotes for them