criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Star Wars Battlefront Bespin Launch Trailer

Replies

• Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Awesome! Looking forward to this DLC. Updating the the hero guards, new weapons, more skins, BILLY DEE!

I guess I'll be the first to put a somewhat negative comment, but I'm really concerned about that shock grenade, it seems like that is going to become the most hated and annoying thing in the game, but hopefully they have a way to keep it balanced.

I haven't been on the forums in a while, but the big thing going on when I was last on was that Battlefront needed Bespin to be absolutely amazing in order to save the game. I'm assuming that is still the case (I'm too lazy to catch up on my reading) and I think, from what the trailer showed us, it definitely has that potential.... AS LONG AS there are no game-breaking bugs introduced. Perhaps some VERY minor ones would be permissible, but any game-breaking ones and all hope that this trailer just gave me will go into carbon-freeze.

On the whole, though, very optimistic and excited!
  • TheManStork
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I noticed throughout this whole trailer only Palpatine's royal Guards were shown i think they made his block his lightsaber instead of his hands EA and Dice have hinted at this.

• KliFace
    33 posts Member
    Very nice! Excited to play!
    Stormtroopers... keep your helmet on. ;)
  • i'm not even mad, it's amazing *.*
  • Kj-ZoSo
    609 posts Member
    Again, DLC is looking incredible! All I need now is the onscreen HUD and icons to load properly so I know what I'm supposed to do! :) (Not too negative for the masses there, but still gets a point across). ;)
  • I will have my eyes glued to the livestream tomorrow, for any offline content news we have been so patient June 21st is the end of spring? So hyped who'd of thought pegg, and billy dee doing the voices. This would be amazing for instant action bots offline mp. I just hope tomorrow is our day of victory.
  • Jbstiner
    2563 posts Member
    Joonlar wrote: »
    This is seriously one the most beautiful locations i've seen in a game. so pristine and futuristic, the wide open streets, the bridgeways in the clouds, the hue of the skies... it's so glorious! and , personally, a lot more appealing than the dreary outer rim maps. this looks like the dlc content i've been waiting for!

Couldn't agree more. These old eyes are looking forward to actually being able to see my enemy...
    My Wookie went to Scarif and all I got was this lousy t-shirt...
  • Artists_Operandi
    441 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    It looks amazing @Sledghammer70. And I'm really excited beyond belief to play this new map. Could you please check on the bug forum and perhaps make a post update as to whether or not the current issues we've reported for the last 2 months are being addressed by the Bespin release?

I haven't seen any posts on the subject from a community mod in 2 months, and I'm sure I've missed it somewhere, as you're very active here.

Thanks so very much for all you do for us and your consistent demeanor with your customers. It doesn't go unnoticed.
  • Can we accualy get close to cloud city without having to turn back? u guys ruined the feel fo star wars... cant get close to destroyers, cant get close to cruisers, now cant get close to coolest city in game... I bet its just a backgrounfd prop.. an just like rest of game were just killing eachother in clouds with no real fun or different objectibe, like blowing a **** star destroyer up or opposite for imps..
  • Indiana_Jim
    1986 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Of course it is a background prop because it is ENORMOUS. People have been screaming for Fighter Squadron in empty space, no ground limitation. Now that they give it to us it's "oh I bet it's just a prop how ****.p.y. is that?" I mean... some people, man.
    #VestedinVesti #InTrydlingWeTrust #DennistheDefinitive #BettingonBen
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Anyone can tell me what time it is in europe. The livestream
  • 1pm Eastern Time. So if you're in Greenwich it's 6pm. Depends on your time zone I guess.
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Just wondering when people will want to have a child with Bespin? :-)How about waiting to see how it plays first?
  • Because it will probably play the same as everything else. But it looks cool.
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Love the update, cant wait. Anyone know if the new star card and weapons will have to be unlocked with Hutt contacts?? Just wondering. Again, very excited about everything I saw!!!!
  • Love the update, cant wait. Anyone know if the new star card and weapons will have to be unlocked with Hutt contacts?? Just wondering. Again, very excited about everything I saw!!!!

All new weapons and star cards from now on will be unlocked through Hutt contracts.

(This trailer looks amazing. Way to go, dev. team!)
    Ub0a8xV.gif
    You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor!
  • Trailer looks beautiful as usual. The cloudscapes look amazing,no doubt I will just enjoy flying through the city and the clouds and not even pay attention to the battle for a few minutes just to take in the vistas.

Great work, look forward to playing this soon.
    ~ My Ally is the Force, And a powerful ally it is. ~
  • joamefx
    17 posts Member
    ya know what? i actully thought of just jumping in the freezing thing in the carbon chamber and see what happens. STILL CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I guess we wont be able to push any Ugnaughts into the chamber...
    ~ My Ally is the Force, And a powerful ally it is. ~
  • Looks pretty cool!
    -A convoluted signature

• joamefx wrote: »
    ya know what? i actully thought of just jumping in the freezing thing in the carbon chamber and see what happens. STILL CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably the same thing as when you jump into the sarlaac. Lots of flashing red and you die. Probably no blocks of carbonite coming out.
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • @Indiana_Jim i live in denmark..
  • Indiana_Jim
    1986 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Aujatiger wrote: »
    @Indiana_Jim i live in denmark..

Then I think it's 19:00 your time. Whatever's 22 minutes from now.
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Yesman
    97 posts Member
    Finally the Royal Guards are in the game does this mean that we will be seeing the Shocktrooper skin for our Stormtroopers please say yes they are probably my favorite trooper.
  • Dennis said on the stream that yes, you can choose to play as a shocktrooper.
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • @Sledgehammer70 No word of any offline Bespin content... any hero battles or survival in Cloud City? Or maybe Luke and Leia Bespin outfits?
  • Stream notes:

This was StarWars HQ doing the stream, this was not an official stream from EA/DICE, so a lot of people were disappointed more was not announced or shown here. They did not get to Heroes vs. Villains, we saw Lando but did not get to see Dengar. We got to see the new game mode though it was pretty hard to follow as the HQ guy was playing PC and not used to playing PC, and he was too busy talking to really get deep into the mode and follow the action. Here's what I picked up:

- All cooldowns happen faster when in proximity of your partner. There is a yellow refresh icon that shows on your star card when you are in this proximity.
    - Explosive shot overheats blasters faster than normal
    - Lando has a shock trap ability, which also removes him from radar. Also as he scores hits his critical chance goes up. That's all I caught with him.
    - Sabatoge allows up to four Rebel Heroes at the outset, then at the end after the last generator is destroyed, the Empire gets up to four Heroes (via power-ups as normal) to have a chance to defend the final objective. Premium is placed on keeping your Rebel Heroes alive.
    - Private Match now will allow for custom Map/Mode rotations
    - Scan Pulse now sends out a few pulses during the cooldown period.
    - Bowcaster reticule now instead of five dots in a straight line look more like five dots in a plus sign shape. Keeps a tighter spread on the explosive bolts. Much more targeted result.
    BFForumsSig_2.png

• - All cooldowns happen faster when in proximity of your partner. There is a yellow refresh icon that shows on your star card when you are in this proximity.

How I read this:

"Double kills via my smart rockets and detonators will grow exponentially" LOL

• - All cooldowns happen faster when in proximity of your partner. There is a yellow refresh icon that shows on your star card when you are in this proximity.

How I read this:

"Double kills via my smart rockets and detonators will grow exponentially" LOL

I think that's accurate. :smiley:
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • WELCOME TO CLOUD CITY!

New Heroes, Maps, Weapons, Mode, Star Cards, and more...

Hopefully in the regular game they can have players access more than one hero at a time like they do on the dlc
  • Indiana_Jim
    1986 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Hopefully in the regular game they can have players access more than one hero at a time like they do on the dlc

I believe that is strictly for Sabatoge mode. That the Rebel side gets 4 hero pickups at the beginning of the match, Imperial side gets 4 hero pickups at the end. It would certainly make large map modes more interesting, but four heroes working together could break something like Walker Assault or Supremacy. It would be interesting to see though.
    BFForumsSig_2.png
  • Shock troopers aren't unlocked until lv70....that is pure
    Craziness!!! Especially since there a recycled skin anyway.
    They should be unlockable at lv60 considering we didn't
    Even get a imperial skin last dlc.

we should have gotten 2 imperial skins

we should have gotten 2 imperial skins

Yea totally agree
  • - Scan Pulse now sends out a few pulses during the cooldown period.
    Cool.
    "We own the sun, we own the sky. We own tomorrow and we want to fly..."
  • thank god i got the season pass
  • As excited as I am for this DLC I gotta wonder, what ever happened to the ion neutralizer? I was kinda looking for to that.
  • @Sledgehammer70 I hope we will get luke bespin fatigues skin with his proper blue lightsaber. Especially to reinact that epic duel with vader in the carbon freezing chamber.
    Makes no sense for rotj luke on bespin.

I agree! Speaking of that epic duel, @Sledgehammer70 or anyone else who knows, can you fight on the catwalk that Luke and Darth Vader fight on with the hand-severing and famous "No, I am your father" line? That would be a missed opportunity if that area was left out.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Coldonne wrote: »
    As excited as I am for this DLC I gotta wonder, what ever happened to the ion neutralizer? I was kinda looking for to that.

It's going to be released along with the Bespin dlc, though it will be for vanilla players as well.
  • Ezio
    974 posts Member
    Shock troopers aren't unlocked until lv70....that is pure

I think one of the hallmarks of the Empire is the lack of diversity and the fewer skins. The intent of the Empire was to be a huge, overwhelming, uniform mass. In all honesty there are some who think that there are actually too many customization options for the Imperials (not even taking into account the loathed helmetless troopers).

As for myself, I'm glad there are options, but I'm also glad that the Imperial options are few and far between to help keep the uniformity. I just play as Rebels to get my diversity fix.
  • Cannot wait for this! Looks beautful :smile:
  • @Sledgehammer70 could it be possible to add a millenium falcon that you actually could go inside, maybe in the deathstar dlc where the falcon is parked in the hangar with its slide open like in the movie return of the jedi...... Could be the greatest thing ever to be able to walk inside the falcon!!!!!!!! Please please share this with the devs
  • Sorry , new hope is the movie i refered to......
  • Aujatiger wrote: »
    Sorry , new hope is the movie i refered to......
    @Sledgehammer70

• @FireWall @Sledgehammer70 Any new community missions coming soon?
  • It looks beautifully done! I'll be more excited if the DLC will be playable vs. bots. I can't wait to see the livestream, I'm hoping they reveal offline content that's coming soon™. :)

@leftweet did you change your name?
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    It looks beautifully done! I'll be more excited if the DLC will be playable vs. bots. I can't wait to see the livestream, I'm hoping they reveal offline content that's coming soon™. :)

@MrStarGamer No, there's just a bunch of us with the same profile pic Haha :D
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • MrStarGamer
    445 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    leftweet wrote: »
    It looks beautifully done! I'll be more excited if the DLC will be playable vs. bots. I can't wait to see the livestream, I'm hoping they reveal offline content that's coming soon™. :)

@MrStarGamer No, there's just a bunch of us with the same profile pic Haha :D

Oh OK. Watched the livestream. I am very very worried about the location I was looking forward to the most: the maintenance gantry. From what I saw, the map border is just outside the circular window. Unless there's a VERY thin strip of playable space for the gantry that's just difficult to find, that iconic location is not in the DLC, and I will be very disappointed. @leftweet
  • Degener8
    437 posts Member
    Do we have a time for release on the 21St @Sledgehammer70 ? Also update and change notes etc? Can't wait for this!
  • it says on this website it's available now but I think they've just done that a little prematurely because I can't find it on the ps store. Look here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/bespin under the star cards it says: "Start your approach to Bespin TODAY, Available NOW with Season Pass" ????????
This discussion has been closed.