criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

So Explosive Shot now overheats your blaster twice as fast

Does this balance it out? Thoughts

Replies

• Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Dennis said a skilled player will still be able to inflict the same damage as before, as long as you watch the cooling flush. BALANCED!
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    The best way to balance it would have been to leave it as it was, but make it cost $3,400. per charge (double any other charge). >:)

That way it's still just as effective, but people would use it more judiciously due to it's cost.
  • One word. GOOD.
  • We will see ...
  • dabjab06
    304 posts Member
    Sadly, they can tweak and retweak, not everyone will be happy lol. People still going to complain etc, you will have some saying it's still over powered while those who use it hate that it overheats quicker.
  • It should overheat quicker. If you miss the cooling flush it should explode and kill you.
  • dabjab06
    304 posts Member
    It should overheat quicker. If you miss the cooling flush it should explode and kill you.

That would be hilarious, I mentioned in another post awhile back that using the ES should overheat the gun faster. Not taking credit for the change but looking at the function perspective it made sense. All cards really should have a negative type of effect I think, that way the game can be directed toward the blasters than the support load or star cards.
  • dabjab06 wrote: »
    It should overheat quicker. If you miss the cooling flush it should explode and kill you.

That would be hilarious, I mentioned in another post awhile back that using the ES should overheat the gun faster. Not taking credit for the change but looking at the function perspective it made sense. All cards really should have a negative type of effect I think, that way the game can be directed toward the blasters than the support load or star cards.

Agreed.
  • CallMeDeee
    1663 posts Member
    It should make the blaster melt in the users hand.

Very happy with this change!
  • WodiQuix
    4506 posts Member
    Good! Good! Everything is proceeding as we have wished!
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I guess it's better than a hard nerf. I don't use ES and it can be annoying. But I understand why people dig it. They shouldn't have their fave card destroyed because other people don't like it. What they did to HS and Bowcaster was a crime IMO
  • It makes sense that your blaster would overheat more quickly. Now you'll have to be a little more conservative when blasting heroes.
  • CryHavoc
    407 posts Member
    I'm normally an ES user, love it in fact..but for the past week I've been trying to wean myself off of it in favor of other abilities.. but when you are getting slammed by it from just about everyone else in the game, you tend to rage and seek retribution by using ES yourself.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    That will defiantly lessen the spamming and require skill to use it correctly.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    I rally just hate ES, those guys who use it NEED it because they have no skill, worst thing in the game! Oh wait I just got scratched, I need to hit the adrenaline stim and throw a bacta bomb so I don't lose my master bezerker, brb...
  • Mcap wrote: »
    I rally just hate ES, those guys who use it NEED it because they have no skill, worst thing in the game! Oh wait I just got scratched, I need to hit the adrenaline stim and throw a bacta bomb so I don't lose my master bezerker, brb...

I have to disagree slightly with your first statement that only unskilled people use it. If you are a crappy player and have no skill, a more powerful weapon will not make you amazing and land every shot. Yes, they may get a kill when they normally wouldn't have, but I doubt it'd be enough to **** people off. What you do have (part of your statement that I 400% agree with) are the bactazerkers running around with ES who are skilled and who do land every shot. Been seeing more and more streams online of people going 100+ to 0 matches using ES.

I love ES, but think this adjustment is completely fair.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Fair nerf that I accept, I will now feel only love for ES users.

Pulse Cannon looks nerfed real good too. Saw Dengar getting Pulsed, only lost 9 health, hope it was fully charged. Beautiful.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Mcap
    873 posts Member
    Mcap wrote: »

I have to disagree slightly with your first statement that only unskilled people use it. If you are a **** player and have no skill, a more powerful weapon will not make you amazing and land every shot. Yes, they may get a kill when they normally wouldn't have, but I doubt it'd be enough to **** people off. What you do have (part of your statement that I 400% agree with) are the bactazerkers running around with ES who are skilled and who do land every shot. Been seeing more and more streams online of people going 100+ to 0 matches using ES.

Pure sarcasm my friend. ;)

I for one think nothing should be nerfed. I just find irony in that people say X should be nerfed while using Y, which may be just as overpowered and spammed in game.
  • Piscettios
    5786 posts Member
    Still plan to use it, still going to wreck havoc with it. Can't wait for the inevitable cry babies to come back with more threads of delicious tears to drown myself in.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I never really understod this ES hate. I never use it myself and it's rare that I get killed by someone using it.
  • HDeputyDawg
    895 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Good, very good. But we still need Impact Grenade, HS, Sharpshooter, Bodyguard, and AT-ST buffs.
  • Deerber
    766 posts Member
    Not sure it's enough of a nerf, but I guess it's definitely something.
  • Not enough, IMO. Still going to get spammed.
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Not enough, IMO. Still going to get spammed.

This and the Pulse Cannon nerf is already a huge step forward imo.
  • Wallofman
    1143 posts Member
    As already mentioned, people say it is enough but in a few weeks the same people will be crying. I will run ES, but only use it when trying to clear multiple enemies out of hallways, control points, or uplinks. I am skilled enough to rely on my blaster rifle for the most part. But mark my words, people will still cry about it. Fact is, no one wants to improve, or even improvise their game. "Oh something killed me, I want it nerfed!" is the rally cry. I find it more enjoyable to adapt my game play from match to match. Word of advice, stop asking for nerfs and buffs. Play the game and enjoy it.

Oh, and if your response is "how can I enjoy it when I am getting killed by ESbeserkerbacta players?" my response is....get better.
  • I like explosive shot because its themed. Blasters have power settings, and the higher settings do cause quite the blast, so that is pretty cool. In actual SW every blaster would have the option of explosive shot :)

I'm not a great player and I guess I might be "spamming" explosive shot a bit, lol. But it doesn't make me feel OP or unbalanced.
    Mcap wrote: »

I have to disagree slightly with your first statement that only unskilled people use it. If you are a **** player and have no skill, a more powerful weapon will not make you amazing and land every shot. Yes, they may get a kill when they normally wouldn't have, but I doubt it'd be enough to **** people off. What you do have (part of your statement that I 400% agree with) are the bactazerkers running around with ES who are skilled and who do land every shot. Been seeing more and more streams online of people going 100+ to 0 matches using ES.

I look forward to trying the adjustment anyway.

I'm not so keen on the bacta thing and I can definitely see how that combo + skill could get crazy.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    As already mentioned, people say it is enough but in a few weeks the same people will be crying. I will run ES, but only use it when trying to clear multiple enemies out of hallways, control points, or uplinks. I am skilled enough to rely on my blaster rifle for the most part. But mark my words, people will still cry about it. Fact is, no one wants to improve, or even improvise their game. "Oh something killed me, I want it nerfed!" is the rally cry. I find it more enjoyable to adapt my game play from match to match. Word of advice, stop asking for nerfs and buffs. Play the game and enjoy it.

Oh, and if your response is "how can I enjoy it when I am getting killed by ESbeserkerbacta players?" my response is....get better.

This 100%.
  • It is completely negated by Scout trait LVL 3, so no, is still broken. The only TRUE fix would of been to make it a single powerful explosive blast.

The people responsible behind the balance in this game need to be replaced with people with common sense.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    Still plan to use it, still going to wreck havoc with it. Can't wait for the inevitable cry babies to come back with more threads of delicious tears to drown myself in.

LOL you have 666 posts! :D
  • Anoh wrote: »

Pulse Cannon looks nerfed real good too. Saw Dengar getting Pulsed, only lost 9 health, hope it was fully charged. Beautiful.

What are they doing with the pulse cannon?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    jeremyj26 wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »

Nerfing it on the Heroes.
  • It should overheat quicker. If you miss the cooling flush it should explode and kill you.

900x900px-ll-8e2f7cc0_clint-eastwood-nodding.gif?w=470&h=140&crop=1

41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif
  • I'm happy that they are addressing the problem, but i don't think this is how they should fix it. People are right, scout rank 3 is a workaround. Not only that but most people use explosive shot on the A280C or the DH-17, the A280C can shoot 27 shots before overheating, and with explosive shot it will only shoot about 13, which is more than enough to kill multiple people even without scout rank 3 or using the cooling flush.

Explosive shot shouldn't increase damage at all, it should spread some of the blaster damage in a radius wider than it is now to allow the damaging of multiple targets easier. Because, right now its basically the stopping power perk from MW2, a blatant damage increase, and guess what happened to stopping power? It got eradicated over time. The explosive part of the card is not being used the way should be.

Destiny did explosive shot right. the perk took a part of your bullet damage and put it in a explosive radius dealing the same damage in a wider area.(headshots dealt less damage tho, which sucked) This is what needs to happen to explosive shot, it should just spread the damage in a decent radius, not increase it AND spread it.

Right now the best counter to explosive shot is the bodyguard trait, which requires a killstreak to keep up. All you need for explosive shot is just to blow all your credits on charges and spam it when ever you can. It's unbalanced right now and will still be unbalanced when they nerf it.
  • Anoh wrote: »

Oh, I'm cool with that.
  • jeremyj26 wrote: »

Oh, I'm cool with that.

You can also see where it will come from due to the added green flare effect.
  • MadatArms
    171 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Now that's Gooooood News!

Fact is it should had never been added to begin with, it's such a cheap A$$ way to get a kill with a gun
  • I'm happy that they are addressing the problem, but i don't think this is how they should fix it. People are right, scout rank 3 is a workaround. Not only that but most people use explosive shot on the A280C or the DH-17, the A280C can shoot 27 shots before overheating, and with explosive shot it will only shoot about 13, which is more than enough to kill multiple people even without scout rank 3 or using the cooling flush.

Explosive shot shouldn't increase damage at all, it should spread some of the blaster damage in a radius wider than it is now to allow the damaging of multiple targets easier. Because, right now its basically the stopping power perk from MW2, a blatant damage increase, and guess what happened to stopping power? It got eradicated over time. The explosive part of the card is not being used the way should be.

Destiny did explosive shot right. the perk took a part of your bullet damage and put it in a explosive radius dealing the same damage in a wider area.(headshots dealt less damage tho, which sucked) This is what needs to happen to explosive shot, it should just spread the damage in a decent radius, not increase it AND spread it.

Right now the best counter to explosive shot is the bodyguard trait, which requires a killstreak to keep up. All you need for explosive shot is just to blow all your credits on charges and spam it when ever you can. It's unbalanced right now and will still be unbalanced when they nerf it.

Well said. And it's not going to stop a team of eight people from using it either. When you got 3 people shooting you with it they're not going to overheat. And it will only require pulsing the 17 and 280 a little just a little.
    41st.org Founder "Where the Game is Winnable."

are-you-threatening-me-gif.gif