criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Capital Ships

So yesterday Dennis said something along the lines of 'fans want capital ships, so we're working on that.'

I've been hoping for a new FS mode forever, if we had something that allowed interaction with these ships, a 'weak point' system or similar that'd be pretty awesome.

Dude on Reddit explored the ships that already exist without the HUD and it's easy to imagine the possibilities. Textures aren't 100% and they're a bit under scale, but I'm pretty hype about the possibilities.

Replies

• Had no idea they were already modeled. Thought they were just apart of the envoirment map. Looks amazing
  • Thats cool!
  • Watch when the guy starts firing at one of the shield generators and dare to dream.
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    I was very excited when I heard Dennis say that during the stream. My favorite thing to do in Battlefront 2 was fly around the capital ships.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Azlaar
    293 posts Member
    If only the were present in our FS radius. I won't mind the texture quality of the Capital Ship even as it is shown.

He just give us something so take cover and fly around. Also having them explode during matches will be an eye candy.
    PSN- Azlaar DeviantArt @ azlaar.deviantart.com

• Bobawest
    237 posts Member
    That's awesome that they're working on this. They need to make the capital ship models bigger though, that crashed ship in the middle of the Jakku map should fit inside the main hanger on the star destroyer. I'm betting they'll have space battles for Death Star DLC since they got that playstation VR mission in space. I also expect them to add Y-wing/B-wing and tie bombers to take out those capital ship unless they expect us to ram the bridge in an A-wing lol
  • Might be problematic having full scale though, with the speed of the fighters it'd take too long to circumnavigate an entire Star Destroyer to find a pvp target. I'd be happy with this size or only slightly larger to be honest.
  • Shameless bump because I want to talk about capital ships and fighter modes.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    get back here trooper!
  • leftweet
    2216 posts Member
    Capital ships would be pretty sweet! Here are some shots I got using the Cinematic Tools on some of the offline maps:

DqYocEX.jpg

aRvzD74.jpg

UsyUcGX.jpg

nCgFiu3.jpg

dciYKfq.jpg

If I had to guess, the issue with the capital ships would be memory ramifications of the textures as the current in-game ships (which are simply background stuff) aren't quite as high-res textures as we'd expect for this game.
    I write things for The Star Wars Game Outpost
  • leftweet wrote: »
    Capital ships would be pretty sweet! Here are some shots I got using the Cinematic Tools on some of the offline maps:

DqYocEX.jpg

aRvzD74.jpg

UsyUcGX.jpg

nCgFiu3.jpg

dciYKfq.jpg

If I had to guess, the issue with the capital ships would be memory ramifications of the textures as the current in-game ships (which are simply background stuff) aren't quite as high-res textures as we'd expect for this game.

I love those shots! It's easy to forget that they're all actually modelled and in the game already, I don't know enough about the baseline system/server limitations but if it really is a texture issue I hope they find a workaround. I just want to blast at those shield generators or ram my A-Wing into the bridge while a swarm of TIEs try to defend it :)
  • Quick tip, never try flying close to the Bloackade Runners during the imperial advantage, the textures are literally just blocks. :D
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif