criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

Free DLC Maps?

Replies

• VengefulSoul550
    1324 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Sb2432 wrote: »
    Staind716 wrote: »
    80 dollars for full dlc compared to 50? No thanks. Horrible idea

80 is on the high end and it would all be sold separately, meaning you could pick and choose. You wouldn't have to worry about blindly buying a season pass mixed with things you want and don't want. So if you are a long range styled player you could buy all the snipers/assault rifles and forego the smgs/shotguns. It would be more personalized DLC in a sense, you wouldn't be forced to buy things you'd never use.

Only issue with that, is it
    Gingie wrote: »
    They don't care about you or the player base, they only care about what's most profitable, titanfall was totally DOOMED and they felt releasing dlc maps for free was most profitable in hopes more people would buy the game and maybe make sales. They don't give a **** about you or anyone, and will do what they think is best to boost sales. As of now, I don't see free dlc maps helping boost sales because from what I see on ps4, game is far from doomed

1. He's talking about the next Battlefront, not this one, and 2. Your post is tasteless, too much salt.

Not salt, it's fact, big business do what's most profitable, go to college, read a book, watch a documentary, educate yourself, and you'll realize what kind of world you really live in.

Here's a fact that applies to everything since you wanna go that route: If people don't like a product they purchase they will complain about it and demand it to be improved next time and if the demand is not met then they simply won't buy the product made by the company again until otherwise, and the company will eventually lose money. It's that simple, some people will give a company a second chance or so but if that trust is violated then you won't be seeing those people buying the product again including other customers that know next to nothing and have been told that the said company has a bad reputation for not listening to their customers and will ultimately drive more people away from it.

Thus the business ultimately loses since no one wants to buy their products because they don't give good customer service, if you want to make money then you have to listen to your customers and especially your loyal customers who liked your products to begin with, they are your supporters who will help spread the word on how great your product is. Sure not everyone they talk to will like it when they try it but that's just how things go, it's also important to have a united community than a divided one since divided communities tend to have lots of infighting and separate demands for companies which can cause alot of stress for them and can hurt their business since they know that if they cater to one side than the other will be VERY disappointed and will leave them while also giving them a bad rep.

Don't know where it all fell apart for EA in the past, I'm sure they were once a great company but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why they started losing lots of loyal fans is because they stopped caring about them a long time ago. Our response to EA for doing this to us is this:
    hqdefault.jpg

If you want to believe companies work like that, you go ahead, think that, but I promise you, you guys will all buy their games just cause it's starwars, and there will be movie hype, propaganda everywhere promoting swbf2 just like this game had, I mean look at this community every time a DLC comes out? "Omg omg I'm so excited ahhhhhh" they get it, try it out, put it down a few minutes later and say it sucks lol that's exactly what'll happen with eabf2, people aren't smart, they all fall for propaganda and hype, kinda sad how **** we are and how much big businesses actually exploit us and how smart/good they are at doing it lol

You seem to generalise all the star wars fans as the same which is laughable, just because some of them will buy anything that is star wars doesn't mean the rest will, I never bought the The force unleashed games, the old republic (on release before it became free), none of the Lego star wars games, and definitely not this battlefront (after knowing it wasn't gonna have what I wanted so I refused it) and I won't be watching the Rogue one movie either.
  • jason_kal wrote: »
    Server browsers can do that job as well
    No, a server browser by itself solves nothing. It's just a different kind of interface for picking a server.
    If EVERY Bespin server continues to run the identical awful rotation of maps/modes we have now (& there's 0 indication we'll ever get customizable, rented server ability), all a server browser does is let you look at that list of identical, horribly-configured servers. And, in all likelihood, all servers start-up on-demand, so you could only browse the exact vanilla & DLC servers that people are already playing, right at that moment. You couldn't see vanilla Drop Zone, if no one were playing it at that moment.
    FIRST DICE needs to setup a greater variety of Bespin playlists/server types. Some offering the current playlist, some offering Sabotage-only, some offering WA-only (on Bespin + base game maps), same for FS, Blast, etc.
    Once that's done, it doesn't matter too much if you pick the server/playlist via a browser, or (since DICE seems dead-set on not giving us a browser), they update the in-game menu to give us access to all these varied playlists/servers.

Oh you have my comment mistaken. I am referring to future Battlefronts games. What has happens in this game is here to stay. I partially believe that this game even with a server browser cannot be saved if you ask me. This games problem is not just the matchmaking. It goes from things like lackluster offline experience to lack of multiplayer content. There are just so many issues with the game that even if you fix one issue, it makes another issue blatantly apparent. Adding one to this game and keeping the playlist really accomplishes nothing other than showing people how empty or full this game really is.

Personally I am almost at the point where I give up on this game and see it as the beta experience it really is for Battlefront II because clearly a lot of things have gone wrong due to rushing the game and incompetent planning.

If a server browser in the future was done which had as much options for servers as Battlefield 4 did or even Battlefront II did then a lot of the "split playerbase" issues would not be apparent for most people seeing as you could easily choose your server based on several factors. There would always be an server open for different types of players and in the case nobody is really playing and you don't feel like getting your own server then you can simply play Instant Action to your hearts content until people do play what you like.

• Or we have 3 or 4 playlists but server browsers are times better than playlists because people will always like what you like and vice versa. Noone likes same playlist rotations unlike server browsers that will always have new and different rotations.
  • GivenumDaBiznes
    1044 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Tyjames wrote: »
    Themainman wrote: »
    Ea and Dice? free? In the same sentence?! Ha!

EA has already shown they would try it with Titanfall...Then again I don't know if that was EAs call or Respawns.

Either way, it shows a company like EA is looking for ways to both earn back the money they spent on resources making the maps, and provide those maps for free.

They are a business, they need to make money no matter how you slice it. Im just proposing a way where they can make their money without sacrificing the playerbase and splitting the community.

Except they've made their money. They are swimming in it actually. To move that many units was an amazing feat, at the expense of the consumer. Thus why we see the season pass faring badly.

No ones arguing that James lol. We know buku money was made especially since they announced a sequel not even a year after the first. I am just suggesting alternatives to a season pass for the next game; one that doesn't split the playerbase and eliminates the need for forced playlist DLCs.

Maybe to clarify. Basically instead of finding ways or suggesting some other methods where EA can get money to add maps and so forth, those of us who have enough self control (it can be hard it's starwars after all) to not pre order the next starwars game and not get the season pass until it's considerably discounted.

By buying season passes and dlc's we (the consumer) are providing incentive for this sham of a money grab. The game was lack luster when it came out, the executives admitted they rushed the game yet charged players more than the average of other games.

If no one (which I know is probably impossible) bought the season pass, it would send a clear message. At least with battlefront 2, I hope the majority who bought the pass before they got any info will rethink their purchase and not do the same.

Edit:
    While reading your main post, if dlc contained only extra modes/weapons/heros and left regular maps as a freebie then I might consider buying. But it would need to be reduced in cost. so 25$ for season pass, not this joke of 49.99 USD or worse 69.99 CAD.

I never pre order (no reason to) and I never buy season passes (I dont like paying for something without knowing what that something is or will be) and this goes for all games I buy. I agree the consumer can speak loudest with their wallet but at the end of the day, the concept of "DLC" and season passes isn't going anywhere, at least not in the foreseeable future; so if its going to be, I rather it be in the best form it can. That form I believe would be to give out all DLC maps for free and only charge for weapons, heroes, cosmetics, ect. Lesser of two evils imo.

That I understand and also agree with "if there is to be dlc/season pass content" that it should not split the player base.

Driveclub did a great job with their dlc's /season pass. All tracks were free, while new cars and race contests were in form of a dlc.

I didn't know that about Driveclub, good to see other games also trying to take this approach. I feel maps/tracks/arenas (anywhere all the actual multiplayer takes place) should have been free all along, now that its been common place for so long everyone thinks it taboo to do it any other way and they don't realize the harm it does to MP games in the long run.
  • Playlists are only present in Battlefront and this concept is the biggest fail of all online things to have ever been created. Only free dlc maps can rid the games of them and they will. Unless ea keeps pushing for paid maps for easy cash grabs. Tho if titanfall 2 is changing its tactics to releasing free dlc maps, there might still be hope for the next Battlefront.

I hope so.
  • Ctown wrote: »
    Mos Eisley ftw!

I'm down for that too haha!
  • GivenumDaBiznes
    1044 posts Member
    edited July 2016

80 is on the high end and it would all be sold separately, meaning you could pick and choose. You wouldn't have to worry about blindly buying a season pass mixed with things you want and don't want. So if you are a long range styled player you could buy all the snipers/assault rifles and forego the smgs/shotguns. It would be more personalized DLC in a sense, you wouldn't be forced to buy things you'd never use.

They don't care about you or the player base, they only care about what's most profitable, titanfall was totally DOOMED and they felt releasing dlc maps for free was most profitable in hopes more people would buy the game and maybe make sales. They don't give a **** about you or anyone, and will do what they think is best to boost sales. As of now, I don't see free dlc maps helping boost sales because from what I see on ps4, game is far from doomed

1. He's talking about the next Battlefront, not this one, and 2. Your post is tasteless, too much salt.

Not salt, it's fact, big business do what's most profitable, go to college, read a book, watch a documentary, educate yourself, and you'll realize what kind of world you really live in.

Here's a fact that applies to everything since you wanna go that route: If people don't like a product they purchase they will complain about it and demand it to be improved next time and if the demand is not met then they simply won't buy the product made by the company again until otherwise, and the company will eventually lose money. It's that simple, some people will give a company a second chance or so but if that trust is violated then you won't be seeing those people buying the product again including other customers that know next to nothing and have been told that the said company has a bad reputation for not listening to their customers and will ultimately drive more people away from it.

Thus the business ultimately loses since no one wants to buy their products because they don't give good customer service, if you want to make money then you have to listen to your customers and especially your loyal customers who liked your products to begin with, they are your supporters who will help spread the word on how great your product is. Sure not everyone they talk to will like it when they try it but that's just how things go, it's also important to have a united community than a divided one since divided communities tend to have lots of infighting and separate demands for companies which can cause alot of stress for them and can hurt their business since they know that if they cater to one side than the other will be VERY disappointed and will leave them while also giving them a bad rep.

Don't know where it all fell apart for EA in the past, I'm sure they were once a great company but I wouldn't be surprised if the reason why they started losing lots of loyal fans is because they stopped caring about them a long time ago. Our response to EA for doing this to us is this:
    hqdefault.jpg

If you want to believe companies work like that, you go ahead, think that, but I promise you, you guys will all buy their games just cause it's starwars, and there will be movie hype, propaganda everywhere promoting swbf2 just like this game had, I mean look at this community every time a DLC comes out? "Omg omg I'm so excited ahhhhhh" they get it, try it out, put it down a few minutes later and say it sucks lol that's exactly what'll happen with eabf2, people aren't smart, they all fall for propaganda and hype, kinda sad how **** we are and how much big businesses actually exploit us and how smart/good they are at doing it lol

Lol? I don't understand how quoting vengeful helped your argument? Companies that want to stay successful listen to their consumers and adjust to their wants and complaints, Vengful even states that:

hqdefault.jpg

In the end im just a costumer who sees a problem and im giving a suggestion on how said problem could be fixed. Now obviously its in EA/DICE's hands on what to do with that information (which is ultimately just my opinion) they can adjust or continue with their plan. But thinking "ALL companies are bad...theres no point in even trying" won't change anything. I rather try and fail than just sit around asking "what if?"
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

hqdefault.jpg

You seem to generalise all the star wars fans as the same which is laughable, just because some of them will buy anything that is star wars doesn't mean the rest will, I never bought the The force unleashed games, the old republic (on release before it became free), none of the Lego star wars games, and definitely not this battlefront (after knowing it wasn't gonna have what I wanted so I refused it) and I won't be watching the Rogue one movie either.

It's not about starwars fans, it's fans of everything really, people are easily exploited and companies know this, everything they do is planned to have maximum impact on sales, I believe this game will be great after death star DLC as they'll need some type of standing, they'll release a trailer, advertise on TV/YouTube, throw it in with movie something like (pick up your copy of starwars battlefront to keep the starwars experience going) something like that and they'll get you. That's how triple A companies are, CoD does it, I mean ghosts was reported worst CoD ever, but then everyone went and bought advanced warfare..... then Bo3, and then people will buy the space one.... timing and propaganda is what these companies use to sell their games, I mean for God's sake, they release them in NOVEMBER when it's the holiday shopping season, and everyone's buying everything. The corporations are just really smart and can get away without delivering quality products.
  • Sb2432 wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

It's not about starwars fans, it's fans of everything really, people are easily exploited and companies know this, everything they do is planned to have maximum impact on sales, I believe this game will be great after death star DLC as they'll need some type of standing, they'll release a trailer, advertise on TV/YouTube, throw it in with movie something like (pick up your copy of starwars battlefront to keep the starwars experience going) something like that and they'll get you. That's how triple A companies are, CoD does it, I mean ghosts was reported worst CoD ever, but then everyone went and bought advanced warfare..... then Bo3, and then people will buy the space one.... timing and propaganda is what these companies use to sell their games, I mean for God's sake, they release them in NOVEMBER when it's the holiday shopping season, and everyone's buying everything. The corporations are just really smart and can get away without delivering quality products.

So, you are saying, if you a had a major company and you were in the business of making money, you wouldn't plan for your product to have "maximum impact on sales"? You are ridiculing them for doing their job; Companies using timing and propaganda isn't the issue: it's the quality of their products like you stated. I don't care if you make a million trailers, tie it in with every single hit movie, put it on sale in November, and throw in a Santa Hat for good measure; if your product is solid and lives up to the hype then good on you for making all the money you did and using all the tactics you had to to sell your game/product, because you deserve it for 1. Being a smart business and 2. For delivering a great product. When 1 is missing 2 THEN we have a problem.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

hqdefault.jpg

So, you are saying, if you a had a major company and you were in the business of making money, you wouldn't plan for your product to have "maximum impact on sales"? You are ridiculing them for doing their job; Companies using timing and propaganda isn't the issue: it's the quality of their products like you stated. I don't care if you make a million trailers, tie it in with every single hit movie, put it on sale in November, and throw in a Santa Hat for good measure; if your product is solid and lives up to the hype then good on you for making all the money you did and using all the tactics you had to to sell your game/product, because you deserve it for 1. Being a smart business and 2. For delivering a great product. When 1 is missing 2 THEN we have a problem.

No, what saying is, they can exploit us, the consumers with timing and propaganda, they can make an ok product and make millions with a brilliant advertising team and great timing. The devs are talented! Don't get me wrong, but they aren't giving everything they could because they 1) don't have enough time, 2) don't have to? With the new movie coming out AND holiday season?? Even if you yourself won't buy the game based on this experience, you'll have a uncle or something that knows you like starwars, and with all the advertising/propaganda your family might just buy the game for you. Lol there's lots of ways to get people to buy a product, and a lot of major companies are good at making garbage/incomplete things look like miss Universe or whatever you find beautiful.
  • TheStalker88
    6084 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    And then theres reputation to be saved. If companies exploit the consumers they just lose face and get a bad rep. Its not same as tv scams. Once they lose rep its hard to get the trust back.
  • GivenumDaBiznes
    1044 posts Member
    edited July 2016

hqdefault.jpg

No, what saying is, they can exploit us, the consumers with timing and propaganda, they can make an ok product and make millions with a brilliant advertising team and great timing. The devs are talented! Don't get me wrong, but they aren't giving everything they could because they 1) don't have enough time, 2) don't have to? With the new movie coming out AND holiday season?? Even if you yourself won't buy the game based on this experience, you'll have a uncle or something that knows you like starwars, and with all the advertising/propaganda your family might just buy the game for you. Lol there's lots of ways to get people to buy a product, and a lot of major companies are good at making garbage/incomplete things look like miss Universe or whatever you find beautiful.

I'd like to think it was the first reason, they even came out and said they had to push to realease alongside the movie. I think with the sequel they won't repeat that mistake, they even have another game developer (Motive) helping DICE this time around. Like I've said before I have high hopes for the next game and I am giving some suggestions that might make the sequel even better.

Btw my uncle isn't that generous lol
  • And then theres reputation to be saved. If companies exploit the consumers they just lose face and get a bad rep. Its not same as tv scams. Once they lose rep its hard to get the trust back.

Exactly, EA/DICE are in a pivotal position. They have to come out firing on all cylinders next game and I feel they are poised to do so. Im excited to see what they have cooking.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    And then theres reputation to be saved. If companies exploit the consumers they just lose face and get a bad rep. Its not same as tv scams. Once they lose rep its hard to get the trust back.

Exactly, EA/DICE are in a pivotal position. They have to come out firing on all cylinders next game and I feel they are poised to do so. Im excited to see what they have cooking.

Next game is battlefield 1, and they have a reputation for making good realistic fps games. This game doesn't hurt them one bit.
  • Yavin 4, tantive, Rhen Var, Mos Eisley spaceport, cantina bar, tosche station, Kashykk, dagobah alderaan. So much missing?

hqdefault.jpg

I'd like to think it was the first reason, they even came out and said they had to push to realease alongside the movie. I think with the sequel they won't repeat that mistake, they even have another game developer (Motive) helping DICE this time around. Like I've said before I have high hopes for the next game and I am giving some suggestions that might make the sequel even better.

Wasn't it already established that there would be a Star Wars game releasing alongside the films for the next four years?? I am pretty sure the sequel will in fact be released alongside Episode 8. The only difference is that now they already have a preset foundation on where to take things and they have extra help with other dev teams. This only further proves the point that this game was really the beta to start the franchise.

Next game is battlefield 1, and they have a reputation for making good realistic fps games. This game doesn't hurt them one bit.

Next Star Wars Battlefront game...
  • Yavin 4, tantive, Rhen Var, Mos Eisley spaceport, cantina bar, tosche station, Kashykk, dagobah alderaan. So much missing?

Theres still time to see some of these locations. Hopefully a few will be free ;)

hqdefault.jpg

Wasn't it already established that there would be a Star Wars game releasing alongside the films for the next four years?? I am pretty sure the sequel will in fact be released alongside Episode 8. The only difference is that now they already have a preset foundation on where to take things and they have extra help with other dev teams. This only further proves the point that this game was really the beta to start the franchise.

Exactly, thats a big difference...like I mentioned before I dont care that they use movie hype to sell their game as long as they make a complete and solid game and listen to the fans and community.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

Maybe, but I still don't think this game will decrease their sales that much, it's a great fps? But a bad starwars game IMO, I'll buy it at a cheap discount because I like the gameplay tbh, might not buy sp until it's confirmed no playlist , but just yesterday or day before there were guys buying this game not knowing what they bought lol like some guy thought the DLC was free after two weeks xD, not too many people read reviews on games, they look at the cover and DICE/EA and buy it lol eabf2 will sell more than this game did easy.

Maybe, but I still don't think this game will decrease their sales that much, it's a great fps? But a bad starwars game IMO, I'll buy it at a cheap discount because I like the gameplay tbh, might not buy sp until it's confirmed no playlist , but just yesterday or day before there were guys buying this game not knowing what they bought lol like some guy thought the DLC was free after two weeks xD, not too many people read reviews on games, they look at the cover and DICE/EA and buy it lol eabf2 will sell more than this game did easy.

The next SWBF will most definitely sell, but just because they know it will do well doesn't mean they can lay back on their laurels, or rather it would be unwise to. Franchises can still decline and lose public interest even when they have big name branding and a ton of hype behind them. Just look at COD, (hate to keep using them as an example) this franchise has been arguably the most successful FPS in gaming history, both financially and commercially. Even so they have quickly seen how not listening to the community can hurt and tarnish a brand. For years COD fans have been asking for a return to past eras or even modern eras; they didn't listen, they continued to pump out their future warfare and now the COD brand is notorious for being the most disliked video game on Youtube. Yes COD will sell a ton, but theres no denying the steady decline they have been going on for awhile now. EA/DICE took a gamble with Battlefield 1, they listened to the fans and went against what the trend was. Now it's paying off huge for them and I believe it will continue to do so and it is also why I believe they will come back and do SWBF2 justice. They have shown that they are willing to listen to the community even if it means going against what is "safe".
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    edited July 2016

The next SWBF will most definitely sell, but just because they know it will do well doesn't mean they can lay back on their laurels, or rather it would be unwise to. Franchises can still decline and lose public interest even when they have big name branding and a ton of hype behind them. Just look at COD, (hate to keep using them as an example) this franchise has been arguably the most successful FPS in gaming history, both financially and commercially. Even so they have quickly seen how not listening to the community can hurt and tarnish a brand. For years COD fans have been asking for a return to past eras or even modern eras; they didn't listen, they continued to pump out their future warfare and now the COD brand is notorious for being the most disliked video game on Youtube. Yes COD will sell a ton, but theres no denying the steady decline they have been going on for awhile now. EA/DICE took a gamble with Battlefield 1, they listened to the fans and went against what the trend was. Now it's paying off huge for them and I believe it will continue to do so and it is also why I believe they will come back and do SWBF2 justice. They have shown that they are willing to listen to the community even if it means going against what is "safe".

Well the liked/disliked video portion is true, but at the end of the day, infinite warfare will sell more copies than bf1, because CoD has a bigger fan base and is more popular. Ever heard that Eminem song behind like that? And he says, "I can say what I want and you will love it?" A name is everything, CoD is established, they are going to sell a load of copies, more than Bo3 because of a name, and because that's what CoD fans do, upgrade games every year. Battlefield 1 will sell well no doubt, but battlefield or anyone can't compete with CoD lol all I'll say is, eabf2 will pretty much be a carbon copy of what this game was at launch with maybe a campaign?and different skins, Idk, but I just have expectations of a multiplayer shooter, not really anything more than that.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • GivenumDaBiznes
    1044 posts Member
    edited July 2016

Well the liked/disliked video portion is true, but at the end of the day, infinite warfare will sell more copies than bf1, because CoD has a bigger fan base and is more popular. Ever heard that Eminem song **** like that? And he says, "I can say what I want and you will love it?" A name is everything, CoD is established, they are going to sell a load of copies, more than Bo3 because of a name, and because that's what CoD fans do, upgrade games every year. Battlefield 1 will sell well no doubt, but battlefield or anyone can't compete with CoD lol all I'll say is, eabf2 will pretty much be a carbon copy of what this game was at launch with maybe a campaign?and different skins, Idk, but I just have expectations of a multiplayer shooter, not really anything more than that.

Again, COD IW will sell well (thanks a lot in part to having MW1 held hostage to it) and yes it is a largely established brand. Will it sell more than BF1? I don't know time will tell. I can tell you that I personally will be heading back to WW1 this fall and skipping out on the future. The last COD I bought was AW and I would be surprised if I had more than 20 hours played on it; The last COD that I enjoyed? Probably the last MW. To me COD lost its way somewhere between the end of last gen and the beginning of the current gen. It shows too, correct me if im wrong, but no other COD has been able to outsell BO2, that was the series peak and they've been down spiraling ever since. It just goes to show nothings permanent and everything has its phases; I still remember when Halo was the top MP FPS, as far as consoles anyways lol.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    I think its a good idea in general. Killzone Shadow Fall also had all new multipayer maps free. The Season pass was for a brand new online coop mode, and other stuff like skins, etc.

However, I don't think this is Battlefront's problem. It certainly wasn't an issue in Battlefield 4. They could make the current season pass model work for Battlefront 2 if they:

1) Use a server browser so people can set up their own servers or use default ones from DICE like in BF4.

2) Make every map a large map. For each large map released, use a cutout of that map for a small map. That way every DLC pack has 4 large maps, and 4 small maps that are cutouts of the large maps.

^^^This.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Tewainui1 wrote: »
    Not gunna happened, I just realized that EA bought the rights to make star wars games and the probably spent a huge amount of money for it. Now they are just going to quickly spam out a whole load of unfinished games to try and get their money back. I'd say we wouldn't be able to see a good star wars game for a thew years, After Battlefield 1 and some other star wars games come out Ea shouldn't need to worry about money and we'll finnaly get a next gen experience battlefront game (clone wars)

I believe they own the rights until 2020. Have fun waiting.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

Well the liked/disliked video portion is true, but at the end of the day, infinite warfare will sell more copies than bf1, because CoD has a bigger fan base and is more popular. Ever heard that Eminem song **** like that? And he says, "I can say what I want and you will love it?" A name is everything, CoD is established, they are going to sell a load of copies, more than Bo3 because of a name, and because that's what CoD fans do, upgrade games every year. Battlefield 1 will sell well no doubt, but battlefield or anyone can't compete with CoD lol all I'll say is, eabf2 will pretty much be a carbon copy of what this game was at launch with maybe a campaign?and different skins, Idk, but I just have expectations of a multiplayer shooter, not really anything more than that.

Again, COD IW will sell well (thanks a lot in part to having MW1 held hostage to it) and yes it is a largely established brand. Will it sell more than BF1? I don't know time will tell. I can tell you that I personally will be heading back to WW1 this fall and skipping out on the future. The last COD I bought was AW and I would be surprised if I had more than 20 hours played on it; The last COD that I enjoyed? Probably the last MW. To me COD lost its way somewhere between the end of last gen and the beginning of the current gen. It shows too, correct me if im wrong, but no other COD has been able to outsell BO2, that was the series peak and they've been down spiraling ever since. It just goes to show nothings permanent and everything has its phases; I still remember when Halo was the top MP FPS, as far as consoles anyways lol.

I'll be on the deathstar this fall;) lol but hopefully battlefield 1 sells well, I know it will, but it'll be interesting this fall. Definitely keeping an eye on who sells more copies
  • briandt75 wrote: »
    I think its a good idea in general. Killzone Shadow Fall also had all new multipayer maps free. The Season pass was for a brand new online coop mode, and other stuff like skins, etc.

However, I don't think this is Battlefront's problem. It certainly wasn't an issue in Battlefield 4. They could make the current season pass model work for Battlefront 2 if they:

1) Use a server browser so people can set up their own servers or use default ones from DICE like in BF4.

2) Make every map a large map. For each large map released, use a cutout of that map for a small map. That way every DLC pack has 4 large maps, and 4 small maps that are cutouts of the large maps.

^^^This.

I have mixed feelings about small maps just being cut outs, I like the difference in feel and detail from the small maps to the big maps. Then again I do understand how this could help the maps per mode disparity, everyone would have equal maps to play on no matter what mode was played.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    briandt75 wrote: »

^^^This.

I have mixed feelings about small maps just being cut outs, I like the difference in feel and detail from the small maps to the big maps. Then again I do understand how this could help the maps per mode disparity, everyone would have equal maps to play on no matter what mode was played.

From a creative standpoint, different maps is better. From an ease of use standpoint, cutouts are better.

I'll be on the deathstar this fall;) lol but hopefully battlefield 1 sells well, I know it will, but it'll be interesting this fall. Definitely keeping an eye on who sells more copies

You are right! I take it back, I will be in the future this fall (or is it the past? "long time ago...") or rather I will be in space, but it will be aboard a moon sized space station ;D

^^^This.

From a creative standpoint, different maps is better. From an ease of use standpoint, cutouts are better.

Exactly...Just make all maps free and im good either way.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

You are right! I take it back, I will be in the future this fall (or is it the past? "long time ago...") or rather I will be in space, but it will be aboard a moon sized space station ;D

That's no moon!;) Lol I just hope for bf1 they actually EXPAND on the game , not this cut and paste mini game nonsense they did with this game
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    I just hope for bf1 they actually EXPAND on the game , not this cut and paste mini game nonsense they did with this game
    This has been the weirdest DLC, unlike any other I've gotten...forced playlists...and it's like segregated mini games. Really MINI mini games. I was surprised they didn't bother making new planet maps for vanilla modes, and didn't bother making vanilla planet maps for the new modes. Maybe they're spending too much time making bots for single-player.
    Not gunna happened, I just realized that EA bought the rights to make star wars games and the probably spent a huge amount of money for it. Now they are just going to quickly spam out a whole load of unfinished games to try and get their money back. I'd say we wouldn't be able to see a good star wars game for a thew years, After Battlefield 1 and some other star wars games come out Ea shouldn't need to worry about money and we'll finnaly get a next gen experience battlefront game (clone wars)

EA deal with Disney lasts until around 2023 assuming that the deal was completed when the news of the deal first broke out in 2013.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

EA deal with Disney lasts until around 2023 assuming that the deal was completed when the news of the deal first broke out in 2013.

c6iT9U1.png

c6iT9U1.png

Lol nice use of Lando, but I would have to disagree. I would rather have one company make battlefront (or other starwars games) for awhile so that way a rapport and track record is formed between the community and the developers. If the developers changed every game, most of our suggestions and complaints on here would never be heard or seen by a another developer.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

c6iT9U1.png

Lol nice use of Lando, but I would have to disagree. I would rather have one company make battlefront (or other starwars games) for awhile so that way a rapport and track record is formed between the community and the developers. If the developers changed every game, most of our suggestions and complaints on here would never be heard or seen by a another developer.

As long as that company isn't EA I agree completely.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member

c6iT9U1.png

What makes you think we're listened to or acknowledged? Aside from nerf hearders which seem to be only people making progress....

c6iT9U1.png

c6iT9U1.png

What makes you think we're listened to or acknowledged? Aside from nerf hearders which seem to be only people making progress....

Im giving them the benefit of the doubt since I love their Battlefield games and they did listen to the FPS community who were asking for a WW era game. This was their first crack at a Battlefront game, I will reserve any judgement until I see what they do with the sequel now that they have seen what we liked and didn't like.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

c6iT9U1.png

c6iT9U1.png

Im giving them the benefit of the doubt since I love their Battlefield games and they did listen to the FPS community who were asking for a WW era game. This was their first crack at a Battlefront game, I will reserve any judgement until I see what they do with the sequel now that they have seen what we liked and didn't like.

See, for me Battlefront 2 is sort of a catch-22. This game is supposed to be the Original Trilogy game, so if they put OT content into BF2, I'm gonna be really miffed that they didn't include it in this game. I really can't stand the Prequel Trilogy, so if they use PT content for BF2, I'm not interested. If it's going to be New Trilogy content, that's cool, but not essential for me. They sort of screwed up by half a**ing this game. If they'd put 100% into this game, or showed any signs that they were trying to make it complete, I could change my mind, but there are a LOT of missing pieces (campaign, offline, it has tons of bugs, the playlist sucks). Seems like they're trying to fix a lot of this one, but it's only about a 50% success ratio. That really isn't good for this game or the next one.

c6iT9U1.png

I also disagree with him tbh. Say what you want about EA but I can't really think of a major gaming devloper team that could give a better product in terms of an FPS game/TPS game. Activision/Treyarch would almost certainly give a even worse Battlefront, Ubisoft and CD Projekt RED could make a good RPG/MMO game but I also can't see either making a good FPS. I can't speak for the indie devs of course but I just can't see anyone other than DICE making a great FPS product if they had enough time and resources (and sufficient support from Disney without all the creative limitations)

Clearly DICE needs to step their game up but I am not particularly angered that EA holds the rights.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Dice might give some free weapons or gadgets away between the paid DLC, but I doubt they give any more free maps away till after the last DLC.
    After the last DLC has dropped, I can see Dice giving us a free map or two. They have always been generous that way with the Battlefield franchise.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

c6iT9U1.png

I also disagree with him tbh. Say what you want about EA but I can't really think of a major gaming devloper team that could give a better product in terms of an FPS game/TPS game. Activision/Treyarch would almost certainly give a even worse Battlefront, Ubisoft and CD Projekt RED could make a good RPG/MMO game but I also can't see either making a good FPS. I can't speak for the indie devs of course but I just can't see anyone other than DICE making a great FPS product if they had enough time and resources (and sufficient support from Disney without all the creative limitations)

Clearly DICE needs to step their game up but I am not particularly angered that EA holds the rights.

So the bugs, lack of proper bug fixes, lack of balance, non-communication, poor UI and menu choices... None of that is an issue for you?
  • FreeContentNowPls
    1306 posts Member
    edited July 2016

c6iT9U1.png

So the bugs, lack of proper bug fixes, lack of balance, non-communication, poor UI and menu choices... None of that is an issue for you?
    1. All games have bugs. Regardless I've never really experienced most of the bugs that have been mentioned here, so I assume a lot of the "bugs" complaints aren't that bad and are exaggerated
    2. Fair Point
    3. Other than Fighter Squadron and Bespin Walker Assault currently, I don't see whats so unbalanced about the game that would be considered gamebreaking. Most of the guns/star cards are well balanced and the ones that aren't will get fixed soon enough. It's not something that happens instantly. In fact I've played games that have released around the same time as Battlefront that have balance issues. All multiplayer games will suffer with balancing at some point.
    4. Also a fair point
    5. Something so meaningless is not even a real complaint for me. It's not like I paid 120 to watch the menu. FYI I actually like the UI of the game

Also I was talking in terms of gameplay mechanics, map design, usage of vehicles in modes, modes, overall content for the game etc. Are you implying that DICE doesn't have the market of FPS games locked down compared to it's competitors? I refer you to Battlefield 3, 4 and 1. Also you seem to miss the part where I said

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member

c6iT9U1.png

1. All games have bugs. Regardless I've never really experienced most of the bugs that have been mentioned here, so I assume a lot of the "bugs" complaints aren't that bad and are exaggerated
    2. Fair Point
    3. Other than Fighter Squadron and Bespin Walker Assault currently, I don't see whats so unbalanced about the game that would be considered gamebreaking. Most of the guns/star cards are well balanced and the ones that aren't will get fixed soon enough. It's not something that happens instantly. In fact I've played games that have released around the same time as Battlefront that have balance issues. All multiplayer games will suffer with balancing at some point.
    4. Also a fair point
    5. Something so meaningless is not even a real complaint for me. It's not like I paid 120 to watch the menu. FYI I actually like the UI of the game

Also I was talking in terms of gameplay mechanics, map design, usage of vehicles in modes, modes, overall content for the game etc. Are you implying that DICE doesn't have the market of FPS games locked down compared to it's competitors? I refer you to Battlefield 3, 4 and 1. Also you seem to miss the part where I said

1. Not all games have bugs, or at least not this many that are so critical to gameplay (FS turning bug, invincible Outpost Beta bug, Hero non-selection in HvV)

2. Thank you

3. Bactazerker, Disruption, the new Sniper pistol...

4. Thank you

5. My friend icons don't show, half the time neither does OR or Bespin, it doesn't tell us what map we're loading into, it consistently tells you you're going to be playing one faction then switches to another at the loadout screen...

Can I play the game? Yes. Do these things make it quite a bit less enjoyable? Yes.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member

c6iT9U1.png

2. Fair Point
    4. Also a fair point

1. Not all games have bugs, or at least not this many that are so critical to gameplay (FS turning bug, invincible Outpost Beta bug, Hero non-selection in HvV)

2. Thank you

4. Thank you

5. My friend icons don't show, half the time neither does OR or Bespin, it doesn't tell us what map we're loading into, it consistently tells you you're going to be playing one faction then switches to another at the loadout screen...

Can I play the game? Yes. Do these things make it quite a bit less enjoyable? Yes.

I thought I told you to go outside and get some sun and fresh air! 99% of the people who play this game don't care about the nit picky little things you deem game breaking and no fun. Its only the 1% who come to the forums to complain about everything because they have nothing better to do. If you feel that strongly about a video game, why do you keep playing at this point? And I don't want to hear because I spent a whole $60 Whooptie doo dollars.

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »

c6iT9U1.png

2. Fair Point
    4. Also a fair point

2. Thank you

4. Thank you

I thought I told you to go outside and get some sun and fresh air! 99% of the people who play this game don't care about the nit picky little things you deem game breaking and no fun. Its only the 1% who come to the forums to complain about everything because they have nothing better to do. If you feel that strongly about a video game, why do you keep playing at this point? And I don't want to hear because I spent a whole $60 Whooptie doo dollars.

Lol. Easy man. We're just having a sensible debate, and I enjoy debating. I'd say those issues are a little more than "nit picky" based on the comments I see all over the net, and based on the fact that I don't know anyone IRL that still plays the game. Those issues drove away a lot of the player base. Otherwise, it's a fun game and always brings something new to the table everytime I play.

• jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    99% of the people who play this game don't care about the nit picky little things you deem game breaking and no fun. Its only the 1% who come to the forums to complain about everything because they have nothing better to do. If you feel that strongly about a video game, why do you keep playing at this point?
    The unplayability of the DLC playlist isn't nit-picky, and it has a big impact on who uses their DLC, how much, or whether they'll even buy it. No one's complaining about "everything"...just about major issues. We're here BECAUSE we feel strongly. So much that it's worth taking time out of our day to try to make it better. If we didn't care, and got 0 enjoyment, we wouldn't play, and wouldn't be in the forums.
    And in your 100% of people who play, some who complain, some who don't, don't forget the other 100% who just stopped playing completely, for various reasons. Including things like the DLC playlist (or lack of satisfying expansions), lack of single-player, etc.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    The unplayability of the DLC playlist isn't nit-picky

But its a part of this game, and its not going to change so grow up and deal with it. And I never said 100%, I said 99% of the players who still play this game and love and care about it as much as you do don't come here and whine and cry and disrespect the developers like you do. GROW UP already!
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member

But its a part of this game, and its not going to change so grow up and deal with it. And I never said 100%, I said 99% of the players who still play this game and love and care about it as much as you do don't come here and whine and cry and disrespect the developers like you do. GROW UP already!

You're 14 or 15 right? Just asking.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member

You're 14 or 15 right? Just asking.
    Come on man, You have nothing better then that?