criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Han Solo Comic and Vader Comic

DarthJ
6109 posts Member
Anyone else enjoy the first issue of the new Han Solo series? Intrigued to see this dragon void run and how Han reacts to it alongside the mission he has been given by the rebellion...

On a sadder note, for anyone who gets the Darth Vader series, they are ending it at issue 25 :neutral:
PSN: ibrajoker59

Replies

• Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Really? :'( altho tbh, as good as they were, im still digging Vaders character from the Dark Horse Comics compared to the Marvel comics, he really lacks character and never struggles with any task set before him while still maintaining a solid level of Bad [email protected]#ery

And Han Solo comic is out now? Oooo :) cant wait to read it!
  • I haven't read any since they switch to marvel, but a lot of the Dark horse stuff is on Marvel Unlimited so thats awesome. Can finally read the ones I had to sit out on cause I cant spend 200 on comics every month haha.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    @Strogg1980 Yeah, Vader ends at 25! I have enjoyed his story so far, easily the best marvel star wars comic so far. Han's is good so far, up to 2nd issue - its meant to be a continuing series but unsure how long it will last (Vader's was meant to be continuing too but look whats happening). The main Star Wars comic has dropped off the boil for me a bit, other than the Obi-Wan Tatooine issues. The Poe Dameron series is a bit meh too so far, but intrigued to see a story within the new trilogy timeline.

@DarthGalidus I know what you mean, I've had to dump a lot of my subscription (got married this year, plus Marvel, other than Star Wars, is slowly going down the pan comics-wise), but some of the new marvel star wars is worth a read. Dark Horse comics were excellent.
  • I'm a year or so behind with marvel since I use Unlimited but ya I think original sin was the last series I liked on the Marvel side. I still think the New 52 is doing well though.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    Yeah DC is my main - rebirth was really good and the titles so far have been decent. The change in the Superman comics is fairly good so far.

Marvel has tried too hard to look like a shining knight as such, no offence to anyone, and has changed far too much, sometimes beyond recognition. Don't get me wrong, they have some great characters (the Deadpool comics are still good), but its a lot harder to keep up with than DC is. DC tends to stay more true to characters too.

But the marvel star wars series has generally been great so far. Vader and the main star wars comics have been great overall, Lando miniseries was good, Han Solo has been good so far, Obi-Wan and Anakin was interesting. Only blights for me have been the Leia series, the Poe series (although its early days) and the Chewbacca miniseries.
  • Did you catch that one that was based on Lucas' original script? I think it was called "The Star Wars" I thought that was pretty cool. I think I made it to issue 12 in Star Wars and moved onto something on the DC side. I was really bummed when they canceled Captain Atom.
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    DarthJ wrote: »
    Yeah DC is my main - rebirth was really good and the titles so far have been decent. The change in the Superman comics is fairly good so far.

Marvel has tried too hard to look like a shining knight as such, no offence to anyone, and has changed far too much, sometimes beyond recognition. Don't get me wrong, they have some great characters (the Deadpool comics are still good), but its a lot harder to keep up with than DC is. DC tends to stay more true to characters too.

But the marvel star wars series has generally been great so far. Vader and the main star wars comics have been great overall, Lando miniseries was good, Han Solo has been good so far, Obi-Wan and Anakin was interesting. Only blights for me have been the Leia series, the Poe series (although its early days) and the Chewbacca miniseries.

I think Marvels problem also lies in the fact they are, i dont wanna say more kid friendly lately but too bright and approachable , maybe are the better words? At least alot of their comics are at least.

I loved marvel as a kid but as i got older i leaned more towards the gritty and darker tone of DC and some of their subsidiaries and break offs and other groups like Image, Dark Horse and Vertigo.

It seems like last decade Marvel was kickin **** but this decade, DC with New 52s and Rebirth and Darkseid Wars really kicked it into high gear...now they just need to get their live action films in order lol!

Also DC has had the better games lately with Injustice and Arkham
  • @DarthJ @Strogg1980 You guys watch the DC animated movies too? Those are all really good.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    @Strogg1980 yeah thats the best way to describe marvel comics currently!

@DarthGalidus yeah they have great animated films - is the killing joke out yet?
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    @DarthJ @Strogg1980 You guys watch the DC animated movies too? Those are all really good.

Oh yeah. Very good Actually i went on a date with this dude and we went back to my place and watched Superman Unbound :)
  • Killing Joke is July 25. The theater in my town I guess is supposed to play it too. They do such a good job on them and they pick the best stories to cover too. Flashpoint was awesome Dark Knight Returns and I really like that New Frontier one.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    Yeah, DC wins for animated films. Just finished reading Han Solo #2, intriguing so far and worth picking up!
  • Han #1 was great. I hate the Vader series because Larroca can't draw. Liea was awesome, Dodson brought some killer art, as Immonen did with Star Wars Vol2. Vol1 was meh. Kanen is solid. Chewbacca was pretty but bad writing.

The new Marvel stuff is all over the freakin place. I want less, better.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    MonThackma wrote: »
    Han #1 was great. I hate the Vader series because Larroca can't draw. Liea was awesome, Dodson brought some killer art, as Immonen did with Star Wars Vol2. Vol1 was meh. Kanen is solid. Chewbacca was pretty but bad writing.

Agreed, less titles at any one time would be good. Have you picked up the Poe series so far?I may have to pick up the Leia graphic novel version. I love the storyline in Vader though!
  • DarthJ wrote: »
    MonThackma wrote: »
    Han #1 was great. I hate the Vader series because Larroca can't draw. Liea was awesome, Dodson brought some killer art, as Immonen did with Star Wars Vol2. Vol1 was meh. Kanen is solid. Chewbacca was pretty but bad writing.

Agreed, less titles at any one time would be good. Have you picked up the Poe series so far?I may have to pick up the Leia graphic novel version. I love the storyline in Vader though!

Yep, read Poe #1 digital, waiting for the trade paperback to drop in December so I can read the whole thing at once. I was impressed with #1. Although I thought Han #1 was better.

Def get Princess Leia. Great book. Dodson crushes it.

latest?cb=20150217203804

And yes, I need to power through Larroca's art and read all of Vader, just so I get the story connected. UGH. I can't tell you how much that art kills me.
  • DarthJ
    6109 posts Member
    I'll definitely get the Leia book.

Yeah, try to ignore the art (sometimes it confuses me!), but the story itself is excellent. Loved the Vader down crossover.