criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

HUD Improvment Thread - What to make Optional Again

Prev1
I am making this post cause my two old posts about this got moved to the Feedback home section. No one reads that and since that my threads died. You can found links to them at the bottom of this thread.
I will suggest here what to make optional cause since the updated the HUD is oversaturated. ;
Toggle off and on;
1. Hero icons
2. Partner location, Icon above the head of charging...(Staying close to your partner will provide you with reduced cooldowns for all your Star Cards. This is illustrated via an icon above the in-game soldier. An exclamation mark means that you are too far away, a check mark means you are within distance, and a cross means your partner is dead.)
3. Kill Camera red outline
4. Enemy Highlights: Enemies will be highlighted if they are inside the player’s crosshair for more than 1 second. The highlight will be removed after the crosshair isn’t on the enemy for 1 second.
5. Partner: Enemies that kill your partner will have a red outline for a brief period.
6. Traits: Whenever an enemy has reached the third level with a trait card, it will now be visible above his health bar.
7. Objectives should be toggle. In BF2 it was perfect. You could turn them off and on with left alt. SO you turn them on to see where they are and turn them off to fight. And in an instant again check your direction.
8. Soldier name and heath bar
9. Crosshair
All HUD elements should have distance, transparency and size adjustments
Please EA and Dice listen to the community

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/48187/hud-improvment-thread-what-to-make-optional/p1
http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/47739/new-hero-icons-are-terrible-hud-is-too-saturated-now#latest

Replies

• Any news on this?
  • Kalsar
    469 posts Member
    I would like to see a 'lite' version where the icons/info presented is still there but smaller and less intrusive. For example the hero icons could just be a small mono-color rebel/empire icon (or similar) instead of a big colorful hero picture.
  • Any patch news?
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    Any patch news?

Not really.
    Rest in Peace, Kenny Baker

- Lord of the Hues
  • If it got moved to the feedback area twice then it will be moved again. I agree with your post but there is no reason to make duplicates. Anyway prepare for the inevitable closing of the thread.

Frank-Underwood-Closing-Door-House-of-Cards.gif
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    Any patch news?

There's be forums like this before. Dice's probably not going to care.

- Lord of the Hues
  • I've got use to the hero icons now. I honestly don't mind them.
    GT: Burns l 7
    Game Mode: Heroes Vs Villains
    Clan: Death Watch

• NICK-ALTMAN
    155 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Burnnssss wrote: »
    I've got use to the hero icons now. I honestly don't mind them.

I think still many players find them really annoying and all we ask is a possibility to turn them off.
  • Is there a news a patch about this before next DLC?
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Is there a news a patch about this before next DLC?

If you want news, check YouTube or news & announcements

- Lord of the Hues
  • I heard that they where experiment to see if the hero icons can be made optional.
  • bfloo
    15713 posts Member
    I mostly got used to it, but flashing messages, such as trait card level ups needs to be smaller.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I would love to get an option to spend more credits in a contract and to unlock the weapon instantly instead of doing the challenges. I've still contracts which I'll never finish, but I've almost 1mio credits. Also I think Jabba likes to get more credits instead of doing something.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I would love to see a patch before the DLC in September.
  • I would love to get an option to spend more credits in a contract and to unlock the weapon instantly instead of doing the challenges. I've still contracts which I'll never finish, but I've almost 1mio credits. Also I think Jabba likes to get more credits instead of doing something.

I find easy to finish all contracts.
  • Xerxes52
    599 posts Member
    I would love to get an option to spend more credits in a contract and to unlock the weapon instantly instead of doing the challenges. I've still contracts which I'll never finish, but I've almost 1mio credits. Also I think Jabba likes to get more credits instead of doing something.

This would be nice. If you can't or don't want to do the contract, you could pay a bribe to Jabba to complete it immediately, say at double or triple the initial cost of the contract.

Also, more HUD customization would be welcome.
    To think that once I could not see beyond the veil of our reality, to see those who dwell behind.
  • That is all I ask. To give us more customization. It should be like that with all BF games.
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Still want it. Still don't have it.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Disagree with everything regarding partners. Would ruin the partner system.
  • Disagree with everything regarding partners. Would ruin the partner system.

Well its about option. You like it, you keep it. I don't like it, I disable it.
  • I saw no mentioning of HUD customization in today's patch notes. A shame.
  • So we got the new patch. Can you now focus to make a small patch for player HUD customization. It can't be that hard to put off/on options for HUD elements.
  • NICK-ALTMAN
    155 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    So we got the new patch. Can you now focus to make a small patch for player HUD customization. It can't be that hard to put off/on options for HUD elements.

Any news about this in a future patch?
  • If this could be possible it would be an idea I wouldn't object to either...
    LaurenMayFawn
  • Cosmowove wrote: »
    If this could be possible it would be an idea I wouldn't object to either...

I can't see a reason why this would be an issue to code. It could be done with small resources and fast.
  • Any related news to this subject?
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    If it got moved to the feedback area twice then it will be moved again. I agree with your post but there is no reason to make duplicates. Anyway prepare for the inevitable closing of the thread.

Frank-Underwood-Closing-Door-House-of-Cards.gif

That gif!! :joy: perfect
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Well, still waiting for news?
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    Well, still waiting for news?

Please just check the EA websites and Twitter.

- Lord of the Hues
  • You need to call it a nerf and then Dice will be all over it. They love to cater to the nerfherders. Try NERF THE HUD instead and it's guaranteed to be in the next patch. I personally would love a lite version of the hud
  • Staind716 wrote: »
    You need to call it a nerf and then Dice will be all over it. They love to cater to the nerfherders. Try NERF THE HUD instead and it's guaranteed to be in the next patch. I personally would love a lite version of the hud

Can you elaborate on this? I didn't quite understand.
  • Staind716 wrote: »
    You need to call it a nerf and then Dice will be all over it. They love to cater to the nerfherders. Try NERF THE HUD instead and it's guaranteed to be in the next patch. I personally would love a lite version of the hud

Please stop bumping this thread.

- Lord of the Hues
  • LoganTNZ wrote: »
    Staind716 wrote: »

Why do you think I am bumping it?
  • Charliefurey
    351 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    LoganTNZ wrote: »

56990095.jpg

56990095.jpg

Haha. Good one. I always loved Morgan Freeman.

Because every time someone doesn't post on it for 10 days, you post on it saying anything you can.

- Lord of the Hues

Because every time someone doesn't post on it for 10 days, you post on it saying anything you can.

It is only because I am really interested is there any news about the HUD improvement. I really love DICE and all Battlefield and Battlefront franchise. I would like to see more options for the HUD so we can enjoy the game as we see fit.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member

It is only because I am really interested is there any news about the HUD improvement. I really love DICE and all Battlefield and Battlefront franchise. I would like to see more options for the HUD so we can enjoy the game as we see fit.

Well quit bumping this thread, then. Odds are they've already seen it.
  • Prep768
    2248 posts Member
    Wait, what do we need to stop doing?
    PSN Prep768
    Yes @PrepJnr - I am your father, NOW DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!
  • Gingie wrote: »

I am die hard fan and would like to see one of the best games ever improved so it becomes perfect. I think DICE is overdoing with HUD saturation and want to hear their reaction to this issue.
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »

I am die hard fan and would like to see one of the best games ever improved so it becomes perfect. I think DICE is overdoing with HUD saturation and want to hear their reaction to this issue.

Try checking YouTube or any social media outside of bumping this thread please.

- Lord of the Hues
  • people love bumping threads
    18kuxf.jpg
  • I am back. Any news now?
  • I played Battlefield one beta recently and all that has been said here can be applied on BF1. They just think if you see your squad mates through the wall in WWI battle you are happy about it. OMG! Give us options to turn that off at least if you want it to be in the game. Just give us options. Please.
  • There's nothing to see here... move along.
    move-along-o.gif
  • gfdgfdgdf wrote: »
    There's nothing to see here... move along.
    move-along-o.gif

Stop bumping this thread™

- Lord of the Hues
    Stop bumping this thread™

Same could be said for you.
    it was @NICK-ALTMAN that bump the threat first I just add some commentary.
  • Have you tried the HUD™?
  • I would love to get an option to spend more credits in a contract and to unlock the weapon instantly instead of doing the challenges. I've still contracts which I'll never finish, but I've almost 1mio credits. Also I think Jabba likes to get more credits instead of doing something.

No. No. No. No. NO!

I think the Hutt Contracts, along with the challenges, are a really nice feature that encourage you to try different weapons, game modes, and star cards. I've seriously impacted on my game stats chasing the contracts using loadouts that are outside my comfort zone but I'm glad I did and you get the reward at the end - I would be seriously disappointed if your suggestion got implemented. Just put the time and effort in to complete the contracts or live without the unlock.
  • I think it'd be cool to have a more futuristic HUD like what a stormtrooper would see from his inside his helmet.