criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

HUD Improvment Thread - What to make Optional Again

2Next

Replies

• bump
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • HUD options are very important to me as well. Personally I'd prefer to play with no HUD whatsoever, but unfortunately DICE doesn't allow us to look straight down the gun sight when zoomed in on most of the weapons. So an aiming reticule remains crucial.

:|
  • Why ?

Why are these great ideas being ignored ?

Why ?
  • Why ?

Why ?

That is the true question? It seems fairly simple to add off and on options.
  • Why ?

Why ?

Are you a developer? No? It may seem simple, but it actually isn't. Think about the developers, not your own personal opinion.

P.S.
    bump

1aipmw.jpg
    Rest in Peace, Kenny Baker

- Lord of the Hues
  • LoganTNZ wrote: »
    Why ?

Why ?

Are you a developer? No? It may seem simple, but it actually isn't. Think about the developers, not your own personal opinion.

Logan, do you really think it is hard to have an on/off option for the HUD elements?

• LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    LoganTNZ wrote: »
    Why ?

Why ?

Logan, do you really think it is hard to have an on/off option for the HUD elements?

Yes. I'd like to see you try

- Lord of the Hues
    Why ?

Why ?

Yes. I'd like to see you try

Well I did lot of modding for Mount & Blade. Has a pretty succesful mod. I would gladly mod it if it were possible.
  • Well the patch is close, I wonder did they listen?

Praying for Yes, wager on No. I think we know the developers too well. We won't see these changes till BF2

Dude, just give it up already.
  • I wished they'd listened and yelled over to the BF1 team, because that HUD is equally as game destroying as this one is. Thankfully even though they added stupid hero pickups, there aren't giant mugshots of them flying round the screen.

Their HUD's constantly draw you out of the game. A good HUD shouldn't stifle you from being sucked into the game, into the environment. DICE's recent HUD remind me that in looking at a screen, I can't cheat my mind into thinking Im there. The graphics are good enough to confuse it, but there's just too much HUD clutter to loose myself.

Why are there so many without HUD vid's, because players love the immersion, and DICE's HUD aren't subtle enough to achieve it. BF3 was their last good HUD. Everything tooked away compactly into the corners, small icons, narrow pixel crosshairs. In BF1 the crosshairs seem to be 10 pixel thick lines, that overall size, took up half the screen.

Check their twitter

- Lord of the Hues
  • Need to call it a nerf and they will get right on it. They love to cater to the nerfherders. NERF THE HUD!!!!
  • Hesh wrote: »
    I wished they'd listened and yelled over to the BF1 team, because that HUD is equally as game destroying as this one is. Thankfully even though they added **** hero pickups, there aren't giant mugshots of them flying round the screen.

Their HUD's constantly draw you out of the game. A good HUD shouldn't stifle you from being sucked into the game, into the environment. DICE's recent HUD remind me that in looking at a screen, I can't cheat my mind into thinking Im there. The graphics are good enough to confuse it, but there's just too much HUD clutter to loose myself.

Why are there so many without HUD vid's, because players love the immersion, and DICE's HUD aren't subtle enough to achieve it. BF3 was their last good HUD. Everything tooked away compactly into the corners, small icons, narrow pixel crosshairs. In BF1 the crosshairs seem to be 10 pixel thick lines, that overall size, took up half the screen.

Hesh, my man I played BF1 too and seeing squad mates through the wall made me wanna go to Stocholm and ask Dice guys where did it all go wrong. I meam it is WW1 and they made BF4/Star Wars game with WW1 uniforms.
  • The red outline for the low health animation is just extremely annoying why did they change it? It was fine from the start. You do not see your mini map when you're hurt
  • The red outline for the low health animation is just extremely annoying why did they change it? It was fine from the start. You do not see your mini map when you're hurt

I must confess I reall hate that red outline. As you said it was fine in the beginning. I really don't understan why make that obligatory not optional.

I must confess I reall hate that red outline. As you said it was fine in the beginning. I really don't understan why make that obligatory not optional.

It's basically a walk hack if you shoot an enemy and he runs away.

- Lord of the Hues
    The red outline for the low health animation is just extremely annoying why did they change it? It was fine from the start. You do not see your mini map when you're hurt

I must confess I really hate that red outline. As you said it was fine in the beginning. I really don't understan why make that obligatory not optional.

It's the most disgusting thing I've seen in a long time.

How bad do they think players are?
    Do they think that it's a selling point "Look there's no challenge, we hold your hand and your *****"
    The red outline for the low health animation is just extremely annoying why did they change it? It was fine from the start. You do not see your mini map when you're hurt

I must confess I really hate that red outline. As you said it was fine in the beginning. I really don't understan why make that obligatory not optional.

It's the most disgusting thing I've seen in a long time.

How bad do they think players are?
    Do they think that it's a selling point "Look there's no challenge, we hold your hand and your ****"

Haha. Yeah that's the world for you today.
  • The patch notes are out. Seems nothing we have hoped for has been introduced in the game:

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/discussion/57103/star-wars-battlefront-death-star-patch-notes-ps4-pc-x1#latest

Maybe this but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

General: Various minor UI issues.
  • I've been traveling a lot so this zombie thread's new to me.

There's definitely too much immersion breaking overlay going on, I need the radar and not much else.
  • It's getting worse, more clutter is being added.

The Soft lock overheating bar now takes up most of the centre of the screen.

Looks like I wont be using lock on at all now, before it was a bit of fun to get kills the old fashioned way with actual aim. Now I have to do it if I want to see the game I'm playing.
    It's getting worse, more clutter is being added.

The Soft lock overheating bar now takes up most of the centre of the screen.

Looks like I wont be using lock on at all now, before it was a bit of fun to get kills the old fashioned way with actual aim. Now I have to do it if I want to see the game I'm playing.

Hey Hesh. Seems you are right. Not only we didn't get the options to disable some of things we dislike but we got another clutter on the screen.
    I am so sad. Nothing changed. It only got worse. I mean on/off options. We are asking only that.
    The world has been taken over by selfies, pokemons and games that had been ruined by over saturated HUD's inspite of their beautiful graphics.
  • So, will we have this in the next patch? When will it be? I mean the next patch.
  • You should also be able to change translucency levels for icons and HUD stuff.
    Star Cards should fade out when full.

I love the HUD of the tutorial mission at start.
  • So, will we have this in the next patch? When will it be? I mean the next patch.

Doubtful and Unknown. That should have been the title of this game.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • OK. So a new patch is due? Last major I guess. I wonder will we have some HUD customization?
  • OK. So a new patch is due? Last major I guess. I wonder will we have some HUD customization?

Nothing major, why not wait for the patch notes tomorrow instead of continuing to bump this thread.

Nothing major, why not wait for the patch notes tomorrow instead of continuing to bump this thread.

I am a Necromancer.
  • Damn. Seems EA and Dice didn't listen to us at all.
  • ****. Seems EA and Dice didn't listen to us at all.

Get over it already
  • Well I just bought BF1 and the same problem is there too. Defenatly a perfect game without the HUD but with HUD completely not playable. So I decided to play only HC servers without the HUD. I am a bit lost but the game looks amazing. In BF1 there are even less customization options then in BF4 so it makes it worse.
  • So after playing SW BF2 for a while I installed SW BF1. I can say SWBF1 is a better game. Maps are better, gameplay is better, shooting is better. I don't know, it just feels better. Token hero system is way better. It gives you a chance to be better if you are doing bad that round.

But again those huge Hero icons float in the air blocking your view. in SWBF2 it is done better I must say with a normal icon above their heads.

So is there any news with off/on option? I was checking settings and I could not find anywhere to disable it.
  • Seems noone cares about this. Such a shame...
  • So after playing SW BF2 for a while I installed SW BF1. I can say SWBF1 is a better game. Maps are better, gameplay is better, shooting is better. I don't know, it just feels better. Token hero system is way better. It gives you a chance to be better if you are doing bad that round.

But again those huge Hero icons float in the air blocking your view. in SWBF2 it is done better I must say with a normal icon above their heads.

So is there any news with off/on option? I was checking settings and I could not find anywhere to disable it.

I agree. Star Wars Battlefront One [2015] is better rounded in general with less problems.
    “The force is with me and I am one with the force. I fear nothing because everything is as the Force wills it to be.” -Chirrut Imwe
  • Iceninja wrote: »
    So after playing SW BF2 for a while I installed SW BF1. I can say SWBF1 is a better game. Maps are better, gameplay is better, shooting is better. I don't know, it just feels better. Token hero system is way better. It gives you a chance to be better if you are doing bad that round.

I agree. Star Wars Battlefront One [2015] is better rounded in general with less problems.

I am glad you agree iceninja. But those bubbles above the heads of the heroes are abominable, just terriblle. I wish there was a way to turn it off. It was so much better before they patched it.
  • Are we gona get a nice patch in SWBF1 as in SWBF2 where the icons above heros are less obstracting? The fixed the objective markes in SW2. It is much better now. I wish they could fix a bit SW1.