criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Just a rage post

Wallofman
1122 posts Member
edited July 2016
I do not know what other people are seeing, but I am seeing more and more people not playing objectives. I do not know why. It does not matter if I am playing Bespin or vanilla, I am getting frustrated.

Last night, while playing sabotage on Administrators Palace, I saw this. I entered the room to arm the generator (I think it is B ) only to find a team mate on the roof sniping. No attempt to arm it. We then proceeded to blow up all three very fast. We still had 3 heros, and everyone stayed out in the buildings looking for kills. Only me and one other player went to the extraction point to defend it. We held off the imps for a couple of minutes, but when the villains showed up we were toast, and could not fight our way back in. When we finally lost, we still had 3 heros. All 3 were at the top of our scoreboard with 30+ kills. Not one came back to defend the extraction point.

Same team during WA on Cloud City, walked into a room. 3 teammates were guarding the doors, but none of them actually activated the uplink.

This was just last night. Not sure why the decrease in objective playing. Anyone else noticing this?

Replies

• Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    I've always had teammates try to play the objective, I don't think I've ever had anyone rush off to get kills.
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I've seen frustrating things like that.

I do like sabotage, but my annoyance is when everyone waits for the hero tokens when either side get them - almost everyone on either team waits for the tokens before continuing. That shaves off like a minute or two of actually playing the mode (I admit, I have done it once when it first came out).

Supremacy is the same now. Every game I played last night, the team I was on didn't go for the CP, and lost ours at a quick rate. Me and a couple of others were the only ones trying to attack/defend, out of 20 people.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Nope. Tho in sabotage I guess they just farming kills for Hutt contract. But in all my games on PC players ptfo.
    Need a buddy? Check Buddy List.
  • Ctown
    859 posts Member
    This I can't stand! I hate players that don't do objective. If they wanna kill and that's it then go play blast. Sabotage could really be much better if token camping were to end
  • That really sucks, I have seen while playing WA my own team mates waiting for hero power ups and Xwings instead of playing the objective. I also had the misfortune of one of my own team mates continually standing in front of me while I was trying to launch a smart rocket. Yeah I killed my self and he just did the knee slap emote. WTF is wrong with these people.
  • LastOneToKnow
    600 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Can those that own the DLC/SP answer something for me? If I want to play a "full" match of Blast on each of the Bespin maps (...or OR maps for that matter) how many hours would it take to accomplish this? Perhaps some DLC/SP players are simply getting sick of being told what game mode to play from match to match and equally sick of only being able to join a game mode of their choice, said match already in progress or about to end only to then be dumped into a different game mode. I could certainly see myself ignoring the objective out of spite due to the playlist. Perhaps not at first, but eventually. It's got to get old. Of course players ignoring the objective is nothing new. Happens with the "vanilla" game all the time. At least with the "vanilla" game players are choosing what game mode they want to play. Stronger objective based gameplay is more likely as a result.
  • Yes, I find this happens quite often. Sadly, these chaps will never just go play blast because it's much easier to kill people that are distracted by actually playing the objectives.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • irishtim7 wrote: »
    Yes, I find this happens quite often. Sadly, these chaps will never just go play blast because it's much easier to kill people that are distracted by actually playing the objectives.

I've seen many players that fall into this category. Very true.
  • Artists_Operandi
    441 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I do not know what other people are seeing, but I am seeing more and more people not playing objectives. I do not know why. It does not matter if I am playing Bespin or vanilla, I am getting frustrated.

Last night, while playing sabotage on Administrators Palace, I saw this. I entered the room to arm the generator (I think it is B ) only to find a team mate on the roof sniping. No attempt to arm it. We then proceeded to blow up all three very fast. We still had 3 heros, and everyone stayed out in the buildings looking for kills. Only me and one other player went to the extraction point to defend it. We held off the imps for a couple of minutes, but when the villains showed up we were toast, and could not fight our way back in. When we finally lost, we still had 3 heros. All 3 were at the top of our scoreboard with 30+ kills. Not one came back to defend the extraction point.

Same team during WA on Cloud City, walked into a room. 3 teammates were guarding the doors, but none of them actually activated the uplink.

This was just last night. Not sure why the decrease in objective playing. Anyone else noticing this?

I never play objective. I snipe all day, every day. or wait in a dark corner, standing on the egg crates as Vader, just to see the reaction when I force choke the guys entering the scene...Sometimes I just jump around on top of long distance objects and do the little taunt emoticon poses for a while, while getting shot at...Speederbike rampage...Administrator's rooftop domination in Cloud City...go Chicken Walker mountain climbing, Bespin elevator ambush or generally just wreak havoc.

I recently locked both Lando and my partner, together, inside an elevator with me as Luke on Bespin, and they were clearly unaware of how to operate the mechanism to open the door. The trooper (my partner) wound up gassing himself out, but I was able to force Lando to stay inside with me the entire game until I had finally enough fun and by that time he somehow got killed in frot of me. Which was weird.

it's not my fault really. I was happy hiding in the elevator all by myself. I didn't ask him to get in with me and it's not my problem he didn't know how to open the door to let himself back out again.

Once in a while, if I happen to run past the uplinks, I'll turn one on...but only because I know inevitably will bring enemy troops in and I can crouch and wait there for them.

I love this game.

Video- Locking Lando in an elevator on Bespin.

Post edited by Artists_Operandi on
  • bigjay
    787 posts Member
    The game gets frustrating at times , i just put down the controller , spark a bowl and take my dog for a much appreciated walk.
    PSN : BIG_JAY_ALLDAY it should have been this way day 1
  • Never rely on randoms to play the objective. That's why I could careless if my team wins or not.
  • Wallofman wrote: »

Last night, while playing sabotage on Administrators Palace, I saw this. I entered the room to arm the generator (I think it is B ) only to find a team mate on the roof sniping. No attempt to arm it. We then proceeded to blow up all three very fast...We held off the imps for a couple of minutes

Why do you think you had such an easy time blowing up the generators and were able to hold off the onslaught at the extraction point??? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the guy on the roof sniping and picking off a fair few and wounding several others before they could enter the building you're in...nothing at all to do with that...
  • briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    Yeah, it's the Hutt Contracts. It'll settle down shortly.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Unfortunately, there's no way to communicate or strategize with your team, to form a plan, and work together to accomplish objectives. Until that time you'll always have a problem with people not playing the objective. On the surface this game is teamwork based game. In fact, all shooters are inherently teamwork based games. However, at the current state this game promotes solo based play over team cooperative play. The biggest evidence for that is no implementation of a mic system. I'd personally like to see a closed mic system wherein you push to talk, and are limited to eight second mic intervals. Not this open mic system of today where you have to listen to annoying kids, barking dogs, loud rap music, etc.
  • bigjay wrote: »
    The game gets frustrating at times , i just put down the controller , spark a bowl and take my dog for a much appreciated walk.

That's how you do it right there.
  • It can be frustrating. I just back out if I am on a team that is playing that way. Its one thing if the opposite team is just really good defensively; that is fun. But if I'm playing Walker Assault with people who essentially think its team deathmatch, I'm out.
  • medic42
    215 posts Member
    at this point I only play the objective. I've completed all contracts and got my k:d up to a solid 3:1 for a bit. Now I'm just bored. If I don't play the objective, there is really no other reason to play right now.
  • I am seeing quite the opposite, especially on sabotage. It's entirely objective driven and almost everyone goes for it.
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member
    waynegg73 wrote: »

Last night, while playing sabotage on Administrators Palace, I saw this. I entered the room to arm the generator (I think it is B ) only to find a team mate on the roof sniping. No attempt to arm it. We then proceeded to blow up all three very fast...We held off the imps for a couple of minutes

Why do you think you had such an easy time blowing up the generators and were able to hold off the onslaught at the extraction point??? I'm sure it had nothing to do with the guy on the roof sniping and picking off a fair few and wounding several others before they could enter the building you're in...nothing at all to do with that...

obviously, they did not do that great of a job since the imps were able to come and overrun us. We held off the onslaught by playing a two man peek a boo in a door way. He would shoot, when his gun over heated I popped out to shoot, then he would, etc. We took down a lot of storm troopers by ourselves. So the rest of the team must not have been too much, especially the non heroes. Nice try though
  • i2CRE8TOR
    1417 posts Member

I never play objective. I snipe all day, every day. or wait in a dark corner, standing on the egg crates as Vader, just to see the reaction when I force choke the guys entering the scene...Sometimes I just jump around on top of long distance objects and do the little taunt emoticon poses for a while, while getting shot at...Speederbike rampage...Administrator's rooftop domination in Cloud City...go Chicken Walker mountain climbing, Bespin elevator ambush or generally just wreak havoc.

I recently locked both Lando and my partner, together, inside an elevator with me as Luke on Bespin, and they were clearly unaware of how to operate the mechanism to open the door. The trooper (my partner) wound up gassing himself out, but I was able to force Lando to stay inside with me the entire game until I had finally enough fun and by that time he somehow got killed in frot of me. Which was weird.

it's not my fault really. I was happy hiding in the elevator all by myself. I didn't ask him to get in with me and it's not my problem he didn't know how to open the door to let himself back out again.

Once in a while, if I happen to run past the uplinks, I'll turn one on...but only because I know inevitably will bring enemy troops in and I can crouch and wait there for them.

I love this game.

Video- Locking Lando in an elevator on Bespin.

RE this part of your reply from above:
    “I recently locked both Lando and my partner, together, inside an elevator with me as Luke on Bespin, and they were clearly unaware of how to operate the mechanism to open the door. The trooper (my partner) wound up gassing himself out, but I was able to force Lando to stay inside with me the entire game until I had finally enough fun and by that time he somehow got killed in frot of me. Which was weird.

it's not my fault really. I was happy hiding in the elevator all by myself. I didn't ask him to get in with me and it's not my problem he didn't know how to open the door to let himself back out again.”

My reply…

There is a famous and well known saying, "Every village has its idi*t"

Also another, "Even a fool is considered to be wise when he remains silent, but once he opens it (mouth), his removes all doubt."

Congrats on both.

I also noticed you wrote a post about killing/murdering your team mates in the Carbon Freezing Chamber and enjoying it. Refer to the 2 sayings above.
  • waynegg73
    122 posts Member
    edited July 2016

obviously, they did not do that great of a job since the imps were able to come and overrun us. We held off the onslaught by playing a two man peek a boo in a door way. He would shoot, when his gun over heated I popped out to shoot, then he would, etc. We took down a lot of storm troopers by ourselves. So the rest of the team must not have been too much, especially the non heroes. Nice try though

So, in your mind, one shooter should be able to cover both sides simultaneously even though there's only line of sight for one side or the other AND pick off every imperial running toward you and another guy. By that logic, it sounds like you had twice the man power as your partner so why was it an issue?

I've killed as many as 56 from up there, 42 of which happened during the last push you're talking about, 2 of those were Greedo and Vader, not to mention the loads more I wounded and my team still lost. So what I'm saying is- two or three snipers on your team positioned to take the other team out before they can even get started isn't the problem. You really shouldn't lump them in with your complaint.
  • okamiaterasu
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    In sabotage, the problem would easily be reduced by limiting the area where rebels can move in Phase 2 :)

(just as they reduced the area of the rebel in walker assault after the beta last october)

• generally just wreak havoc.

@Artists_Operandi THAT'S your idea of "wreaking havoc" LOL?
  • Wallofman
    1122 posts Member

So, in your mind, one shooter should be able to cover both sides simultaneously even though there's only line of sight for one side or the other AND pick off every imperial running toward you and another guy. By that logic, it sounds like you had twice the man power as your partner so why was it an issue?

I've killed as many as 56 from up there, 42 of which happened during the last push you're talking about, 2 of those were Greedo and Vader, not to mention the loads more I wounded and my team still lost. So what I'm saying is- two or three snipers on your team positioned to take the other team out before they can even get started isn't the problem. You really shouldn't lump them in with your complaint.

I suggest you try reading comprehension. As I mentioned the sniper took up position on the roof. Once we retreat to the extraction point, being on that side building, trying to snipe is useless. Secondly, I said the other player and I covered one door. So yes, the two of us could easily cover that door, and since there are no imps coming from behind (rebel spawn point) we do not need to watch our backs. I think you really need to try again.
  • waynegg73
    122 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The roof goes all the way around and you can cover both sides of the extraction point. If your partner was still trying to snipe the original imperial spawn he was doing it wrongly. He should have worked his way over to where the action was and mopped up.