criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

What's your favorite little detail in Battlefront?

Prev1
JMaster
2198 posts Member
Hey guys, how are you doing? So, many people have talked about the major things they love (or hate) in Battlefront, from the absolutely gorgeous Frostbite-rendered graphics, or the lack of more single-player content. But... what about the little details you love or hate? For me, one of my favorite minute details is the fact that, whenever you re-spawn, you get one of those wipe transitions, like this.

Any thoughts?
"I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
He knew.

Replies

• briandt75
    5610 posts Member
    The sound a tie fighter makes screaming through the air.

The sound of lightsabers clashing.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Duh, the whilem scream.
  • Trooper8059
    10199 posts Member
    I've always enjoyed watching the capital ships crash in the distance on Jakku, sometimes I like to spend some time watching them spin out of control, or watch as a giant piece of a star destroyer somehow got disconnected from the rest of the ship, and plummets down to the planet.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I've always enjoyed watching the capital ships crash in the distance on Jakku, sometimes I like to spend some time watching them spin out of control, or watch as a giant piece of a star destroyer somehow got disconnected from the rest of the ship, and plummets down to the planet.

Ditto
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    The classic Star Wars scream after you kill somebody (when it happens).
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Firewall17 wrote: »

Whilem Scream.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    The fact that you can see AI battles on the horizon or in the air and that almost all of the environment is intractable are great.
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Firewall17 wrote: »

Whilem Scream.

I was lied to....
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • I love some map glitches that let you go out of bounds and use your emotes to laugh at other players
  • Wolffe2100
    2041 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Millennium Falcon engine sound
    And Slave 1
    Experience outranks everything
  • That cool easter egg in one of the missions where the stormtrooper hits his head on some stairs like in A New Hope
  • ThePuffin wrote: »
    That cool easter egg in one of the missions where the stormtrooper hits his head on some stairs like in A New Hope

LOL I never knew until I saw this
  • Duh, the whilem scream.

^^^
  • It's kinda general, but all the sounds.

When you wander away from the battle and listen to it in the distance along with the little sounds around you, best part of the game next to the graphics.
  • I really like the way the trees explode and crash to the ground on the Endor maps. First time I saw that I was even more impressed with the detail in this game
  • LoganTNZ
    1243 posts Member
    Staind716 wrote: »
    I really like the way the trees explode and crash to the ground on the Endor maps. First time I saw that I was even more impressed with the detail in this game

^^^
    Rest in Peace, Kenny Baker

- Lord of the Hues
  • Tusken Raiders on the Raider Camp map.
  • My fave is running behind Palpatine and just listening to him laugh. Some of these little details DICE just knocked out of the park. I mean, there are so many details that sometimes just end up getting you killed as you stop and admire them.
  • I love the star destroyer getting blasted out of the sky or the ion cannon getting slaughtered on Outpost Beta Hoth map.
  • Ofl
    187 posts Member
    My favorite LITTLE detail is Missions
  • WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    The moss on the trees on Endor is amazing, as is the bark. I love the soot, mud, and sand detail that accumulates on your uniform too!
  • JMaster
    2198 posts Member
    Man, it feels like forever since I've heard someone yell...

and forgot about those Star Destroyers crashing into Jakku! Those are awesome!
    "I felt there was a large amount of human chauvinism... also I felt very bad that at the end the Wookie didn't get a medal also... oh, all the people got medals but the Wookie who had been in there fighting all the time, didn't get any medal, and I thought that was an example of Anti-Wookie discrimination." - Carl Sagan on the subject of Star Wars
    He knew.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    The crashing Star Destroyers and the sound design.
  • The sounds, the views, those critters that run away from you...
  • JMaster
    2198 posts Member
    Desiliijic wrote: »
    The sounds, the views, those critters that run away from you...
    ... you mean Stormtroopers? : )
    He knew.
  • TW1103
    582 posts Member
    The Jawas and Ewoks!
  • I just noticed this playing Skirmish two days ago, but you actually get to see more stages to the destruction of the Ravager SSD on Jakku.

After the first uplink phase you hear an explosion sound, a malfunction in the engines, as lightning begins to spread all over that area, and begins to quickly move further down the ship as is starts to move downward. Eventually the lights begin to flicker, before shutting down entirely, then you get to watch as the Lightning consumes the entire ship as it plummets down to the ground. It was very interesting to watch.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • WodiQuix
    4559 posts Member
    I just noticed this playing Skirmish two days ago, but you actually get to see more stages to the destruction of the Ravager SSD on Jakku.

After the first uplink phase you hear an explosion sound, a malfunction in the engines, as lightning begins to spread all over that area, and begins to quickly move further down the ship as is starts to move downward. Eventually the lights begin to flicker, before shutting down entirely, then you get to watch as the Lightning consumes the entire ship as it plummets down to the ground. It was very interesting to watch.

Huh. I never noticed that. I'll have to keep an eye on the sky more often. I always just noticed the massive quaking of the ground on Jakku as SD's crash into it.
  • I think the emotes might be my favorite little detail. They are so fun and add a lot to the realism.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
  • If you play the playlists for long enough, you eventually notice that they make you legitimately irate.
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    The grains of sand in Graveyards of Giants. You could literally make them out. The sparks and sounds blaster fire makes. The controller-shaking explosions. Awesome
  • JMaster wrote: »
    Hey guys, how are you doing? So, many people have talked about the major things they love (or hate) in Battlefront, from the absolutely gorgeous Frostbite-rendered graphics, or the lack of more single-player content. But... what about the little details you love or hate? For me, one of my favorite minute details is the fact that, whenever you re-spawn, you get one of those wipe transitions, like this.

Any thoughts?

My favorite detail is that they use this transition effect when a dead hero/villain body vanishes.
  • Linge1416
    1507 posts Member
    I like how if you do good on a certain side you can trigger things to happen.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Linge1416 wrote: »
    I like how if you do good on a certain side you can trigger things to happen.

Nothing is more motivating than playing as an imperial, seeing the rebel capital ships move in because the rebels are winning, push them back, and see the capital ship crash and burn.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • At the start of a game where all the little creatures are running around.
  • I love on the Echo Base map, you can find the Wampa door from that deleted scene in Empire Strikes Back where C-3PO tricks the Snowtroopers. If you stand near it for a few seconds, you can hear the Wampa roar

• the ION canon gets destroyed in outpost beta?
  • i love the sound of Slave 1's blasters. and i dislike the loading times.
  • The Tie Fighter sounds in general. The flying sound,the blasters and the "after effect" sound after firing the blasters. They did very well on doing the tie fighter sound effects.
  • The glowing red in Nien Nunb's eyes before you strike him down when your Darth Vader
  • The Wilhelm screams that happens sometimes when someone gets killed. It's so rare now.
  • Not really a little detail.. on the Rebel Depot map, that short hall before you enter the open desert area. It is so finely detailed, feels very Star Wars-y. Love running through there on Cargo and catching a new detail... it's what I'd imagine a dark alley to be like for scum and villainy to lurk around in Mos Eisley.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • The hero taunts
  • The Hero/Villain commentary, the snow that falls and melts on your T21-B on the Hoth maps, the star destroyer being blown apart on Outpost Beta. Nothing on the Endor maps ha ha #banendormaps
  • Whodunnit
    5560 posts Member
    Interaction with the Gonk Droids.
    *GONK*
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Stormtroopers that wear their helmets
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • For now..... The Gamorean Guards in Jabba's Palce.
    "Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
  • The water and ewoks blasting horns in the backround while dropping rocks on unsuspecting imperials

I haven't seen them alive, only dead on the floor....can one see them alive and walking around?
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"

I haven't seen them alive, only dead on the floor....can one see them alive and walking around?

There are two live ones in a cage. One sitting slumped and another rattling the cage ;-)