criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What’s next for Star Wars Battlefront this Summer

123457Next

Replies

• Can we please stop spamming the video? There have been several posts of it with Dev's tagged. They'll see it.

Yep it's right, it's not a good idea. I'm with you but you shouldn't spam anymore.
    @Accordinance no I don't think Blast is too much for them to program. Word is there was also code found for Supremacy. I think there are things in the works for Skirmish, but it's the internet, therefore everyone is impatient.

Do you really think that there are things in the works for Skirmish Jim? I mean, I really hope this to be true, nothing official of course, but today, I'm not so sure of that... :/

What's your opinion too about some iconic skins like Luke Bespin or Leia/Han ANH ? Do you think this will come with Hero Blast too ?
  • New Offline Mode Coming Next Week, with the Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Expansion Pack set to be Fully Operational in September

What’s next for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ this Summer
    It’s been about six months since we first launched Star Wars™ Battlefront™. We’ve expanded the game universe with free* multiplayer maps, gave out Hoth-themed hero outfits, and called on Jabba the Hutt to hand out Hutt Contracts for powerful weapons. For expansion pack owners, we’ve taken you to the factories of Sullust in the Outer Rim and to the Cloud City of Bespin. Now it’s time to share something a bit different.

To get right to the point, we’ve been listening to your feedback and your desire for more offline modes. Today we’re excited to officially announce a new mode, Skirmish, for all Star Wars Battlefront players.

The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only) Skirmish can be played on a difficulty level of your choosing and across two modes, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron. With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront.

If an offline mode isn’t for you, we have more free* in-game events planned for the summer. Look forward to more Hutt Contracts for new weapons, log-in reward opportunities, and open trials to experience Bespin.

Then in September, Season Pass holders will receive our third digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star. More new maps – on ground and in space – new weapons and Star Cards and two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for. Not a Season Pass holder? Don’t worry, the expansion pack is available for separate purchase.

We know you want to hear more. To get a sneak peak of the Death Star expansion pack, be sure to check out the EA Star Wars Panel livestream on Saturday, July 16 at 11 a.m. PDT during Star Wars Celebration Europe.

May the Force™ be with you!

Dennis Brannvall
    Lead Designer
    Star Wars Battlefront

*REQUIRES STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT FOR APPLICABLE PLATFORM (SOLD SEPARATELY)

May the force be with you **** yeah
  • Will we see any updates (new content) and bugfixes?
  • Indiana_Jim
    1948 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    LordAmaury wrote: »
    Do you really think that there are things in the works for Skirmish Jim? I mean, I really hope this to be true, nothing official of course, but today, I'm not so sure of that... :/

What's your opinion too about some iconic skins like Luke Bespin or Leia/Han ANH ? Do you think this will come with Hero Blast too ?

I think there have been enough examples of them responding to community feedback that I wouldn't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Uninspired Zebra's findings have usually borne out eventually. Paul did say during one of the livestreams that those instances of code were put in there as placeholders for things they intended to put in, but at whatever given time hadn't been able to do so yet. If you recall, the final DLC was moved up from Early 2017 to December 2016, giving them only two months turnaround time. Couple that with Dennis going on Paternity leave, that increased the time crunch. Then, as is their usual, after releasing a DLC the staff is given some time off since they're typically working a lot of overtime to get the DLC's done.

The things I have heard that were actually found are Supremacy mode for Skirmish, Hero Blast, and Han/Luke stormtrooper disguise skins. I think we have all heard rumor of Princess Leia's Episode IV skin, but no confirmation. Everything else is just wild speculation. I would love to get Leia with the buns, Han with the vest and Luke in the Bespin outfit. Skins aren't terribly hard to program, I don't think.

With all that being said (huge caveat, obviously), It is entirely possible that with their attention turned to Battlefront 2, that we might not get any of it. I'm emotionally prepared for it. :smile: But it depends on what exactly they plan to do with Battlefront 2. They mentioned Sequel Trilogy content but is it Sequel Trilogy only? I know that DICE recently hired more people. If BF2 is ST only, then I could definitely see them more likely to add more content to this current title. If BF 2 will be ST and OT, then I imagine they fully plan on wowing people with all the stuff they want so they forget about BF 1 entirely.

Eventually, anyway. For every person who says, "I'm never buying the sequel until ______!" There are people who never bought the first one because it didn't have enough for them. Those people are more likely to buy BF2 if it bears out to be a better product with more content. In my case, I went into this knowing it wasn't Pandemic's Battlefront, and was ready to receive a new experience. I spent $110.00, played 306 hours, and have a good time with a bunch of friends I've met through this game pretty much every time I log on. So I'm probably going to be pre-ordering with the season pass again once BF2 comes out.
  • Ok so now listening to @TheVestalViking's appearance on Battlefront Podcast. He did confirm that the new hero skins, specifically stormtrooper disguises, were in fact scrapped.
  • Ok so now listening to @TheVestalViking's appearance on Battlefront Podcast. He did confirm that the new hero skins, specifically stormtrooper disguises, were in fact scrapped.

Indeed, wich you're true about supremacy :smile:
  • And apparently skins are hard to program because they have to build them from the ground up as a totally new model. That I did not know. I thought they had the technology to have the game interchange layers on top of a frame.
  • And apparently skins are hard to program because they have to build them from the ground up as a totally new model. That I did not know. I thought they had the technology to have the game interchange layers on top of a frame.

I'm not a professionnal but I think that only the base "skeletton" is the same for the hero regarding creation of a new "skin", every movement is the same and already coded but indeed for the model itself they probably have to build it. But to be fair, as they used photogrammetry to replicate reality "models" used in the movies, they already have many of them already 3D builded I guess.
    But again, for skins, and the same goes for skirmish or hero blast...we are in front of some days/weeks of work, so it's merely a political matter of :
    "Have we some money left from our sales to keep developping something or shall we let this game die and focusing us more on BF 2 ?"

• New Offline Mode Coming Next Week, with the Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Expansion Pack set to be Fully Operational in September

It’s been about six months since we first launched Star Wars™ Battlefront™. We’ve expanded the game universe with free* multiplayer maps, gave out Hoth-themed hero outfits, and called on Jabba the Hutt to hand out Hutt Contracts for powerful weapons. For expansion pack owners, we’ve taken you to the factories of Sullust in the Outer Rim and to the Cloud City of Bespin. Now it’s time to share something a bit different.

To get right to the point, we’ve been listening to your feedback and your desire for more offline modes. Today we’re excited to officially announce a new mode, Skirmish, for all Star Wars Battlefront players.

The new mode will be available starting July 20 and offers players the option to play offline against bots in a solo mission or with a friend using co-op split screen. (Console only) Skirmish can be played on a difficulty level of your choosing and across two modes, Walker Assault and Fighter Squadron. With multiple locations that span the galaxy, from the frozen planet of Hoth to the lava encrusted planet of Sullust, we hope Skirmish brings players a new way to enjoy Star Wars Battlefront.

If an offline mode isn’t for you, we have more free* in-game events planned for the summer. Look forward to more Hutt Contracts for new weapons, log-in reward opportunities, and open trials to experience Bespin.

Then in September, Season Pass holders will receive our third digital expansion pack, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star. More new maps – on ground and in space – new weapons and Star Cards and two new heroes including one larger-than-life character we know you've been patiently waiting for. Not a Season Pass holder? Don’t worry, the expansion pack is available for separate purchase.

We know you want to hear more. To get a sneak peak of the Death Star expansion pack, be sure to check out the EA Star Wars Panel livestream on Saturday, July 16 at 11 a.m. PDT during Star Wars Celebration Europe.

Dennis Brannvall
    Lead Designer
    Star Wars Battlefront

Please more skirmish content

• DLC Skirmish maps and skin selection or riot.
  • War_Hero wrote: »
    New Offline Mode Coming Next Week, with the Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Expansion Pack set to be Fully Operational in September

Dennis Brannvall
    Lead Designer
    Star Wars Battlefront

Please more skirmish content

YEAH! We want all Deathstar maps on Skirmish mode!!!!
    " There's no art to find a mind's construction in the face! "

W. Shakespeare Macbeth: Act I Scene IV

CPU: Intel Core I7 3770K @ 3.90 Ghz
    GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW 2GB DDR5 02G-P4-2678-KR
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
    Mem RAM: G. Skill DDR3 @ 1600Mhz ( 9-9-9-24 ) 16 Gb Dual-Channel
    Storage: Intel 330 Series SSD 120 GB &
    HD Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Y9A0 1 TB
    Power Supply: XFX Pro650 W
    Case: Corsair Carbide 400R
    Optical Drive: BD-RE LG WH14NS40
    Monitor: Sony LED TV KDL40R335B 40'
    Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64- bit Fall Creators Update Edition
  • Please DICE make a Fighter Squadron dedicated game! :)

• Forget, it will not happen! They will not do more offline content!
  • Game is dying.
  • VakTavish wrote: »
    Game is dying.

yes!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!