criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Death Star DLC - what map sizes are we getting?

Are we getting some large maps finally with this DLC? The Death Star is certainly big enough for that haha.

Replies

• Do we know if it is Death Star 1 or 2 yet?
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    My guess would be a mix of both. Nothing too big though.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Hopefully CQC. I don't see the Death Star having room for Walker Assault.
    CQC =
    Heroes Vs Villains :love:
    latest?cb=20140702154027
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I was just wondering if this epic fighter squadron battle would be above Death Star one, and include the trench run that has been hinted at.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

No thanks. That's all we've been getting is CQC. We got ONE big map in the Bespin pack and none in the Outer Rim pack.
  • Do we know if it is Death Star 1 or 2 yet?

No I have no idea. I think I've seen footage of them doing what looked like a trench run though.
  • We're getting a fight in the garbage disposal!
  • I am guessing the largest interior would be the hangar, with some hallways leading to other areas on multiple levels, probably containing some of the iconic sets we see in ANH.

The hangar we see in ROTJ if far bigger, but not nearly the size of a large outdoor map.
  • jason_kal
    1151 posts Member
    We didn't even get 20v20 in Bespin. Guess we never will. And it's all the fault of the awful, unnecessary DLC playlist. Get rid of it!
  • Blazur
    4461 posts Member
    I don't know why people bother asking legitimate question on the forums when it's clear Twitter is the only place we'll get answers.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • MonThackma wrote: »
    I am guessing the largest interior would be the hangar, with some hallways leading to other areas on multiple levels, probably containing some of the iconic sets we see in ANH.

The hangar we see in ROTJ if far bigger, but not nearly the size of a large outdoor map.

yeah from the movie, but I think they could come up with a map on their own from a larger hanger that might have been big enough to hold capital ships. Death Stars were as big as small moons, so here has to be something they could do haha
  • jason_kal wrote: »
    We didn't even get 20v20 in Bespin. Guess we never will. And it's all the fault of the awful, unnecessary DLC playlist. Get rid of it!

Yeah good point. They are ruining 20v20 mode with these playlists and their insistence on focusing on CQC maps.
    CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

Lol
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    The Death Star DLC will probably be more CQC with one map devoted to Fighter Squadron and reenacting the Trench Run in space.
  • It'll be CQC, just like Outer Rim
    Yaldey! :D
  • Yavin IV could definitley be in the death star dlc
  • Ctown
    859 posts Member
    Walker assault maps lol
  • Ctown wrote: »
    Walker assault maps lol
    yavin IV could work with this dlc

CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

No thanks. That's all we've been getting is CQC. We got ONE big map in the Bespin pack and none in the Outer Rim pack.

True. But I don't see how we'll get WA on the Deathstar. Fans of the large maps have been getting shortchanged. They need to make up for it with DLC 4. All Large maps please
  • Pls large, there were many small maps in OR and Bespin...
    4oEtTHz.png
  • JoshDamage wrote: »
    Anoh wrote: »
    CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

True. But I don't see how we'll get WA on the Deathstar. Fans of the large maps have been getting shortchanged. They need to make up for it with DLC 4. All Large maps please
    yavin IV could match with this dlc considering the 1st deathstar was right over yavin i could definitley see walker assualt on yavin

• I was just wondering if this epic fighter squadron battle would be above Death Star one, and include the trench run that has been hinted at.

They did mention space....
  • Themainman wrote: »
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

yavin IV could match with this dlc considering the 1st deathstar was right over yavin i could definitley see walker assualt on yavin

I hope so. I'm a big fan of the large maps
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    It'll probably be mostly small maps since the Death Star doesn't have areas big enough for walker assault.
  • MonThackma wrote: »
    I am guessing the largest interior would be the hangar, with some hallways leading to other areas on multiple levels, probably containing some of the iconic sets we see in ANH.

yeah from the movie, but I think they could come up with a map on their own from a larger hanger that might have been big enough to hold capital ships. Death Stars were as big as small moons, so here has to be something they could do haha

Haha good thought but I don't think there is a hangar opening anywhere on the DS big enough for a capitol ship. But maybe after comparing these, you could be right?

white-house-responds-to-petition-to-build-a-death-star-size-comparison.jpeg

impBB_zpsddb94ce4.jpg

• ArchAngeL_777
    1595 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    MonThackma wrote: »
    MonThackma wrote: »

Haha good thought but I don't think there is a hangar opening anywhere on the DS big enough for a capitol ship. But maybe after comparing these, you could be right?

white-house-responds-to-petition-to-build-a-death-star-size-comparison.jpeg

impBB_zpsddb94ce4.jpg

haha true. Seriously though, what I've read is the Death Star was 120km (almost 75 miles) in diameter. It's also said that Imperial class Star Destroyers were able to dock in it (the smaller ones below the Executor in your picture). Those Star Destroyers are basically 1 mile in length. Its said to include near 2 million crew members, thousands of tie fighters, and a complement of various assault and support ships.

So yeah, its big enough they could figure out how to make us a couple of large maps, even if its the 16v16 variety like the one on Bespin.
  • ArchAngeL_777
    1595 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Themainman wrote: »
    CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

I hope so. I'm a big fan of the large maps

Me too. Im fed up with them catering to the CQC crowd. With the way pistols dominate CQC you might was call this a pistol game.
  • SmokyCashew01
    378 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    @MonThackma your picture with the death stars is wrong. the first is 120km and the second is 160km. that means the second is slightly bigger than the first not over 30 times bigger
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    I imagine it will be Death Star 1. We'll get a fighter squadron map, and the new game mode will be Death Star exclusive and will be the trench run. There's probably gonna be Blast and Cargo too.
    That's just my speculation.
    CQC =
    latest?cb=20140702154027

I see why you were called the hero guru now xD
  • I want another 4 v 4 HvV map.
    "You Don't Know the Power of the Dark Side"
    vader.gif
  • Personally don't want to see any CQC game mode but HvV.. I want many Fighter Squadron and new Starfighters game mode.
  • I don't see them possibly adding any large maps to the Death Star. I mean Walker Assault on the Death Star? It makes no sense. It'll be entirely interior maps, which means CQC, because that's what the Death Star is, with a Fighter Squadron in the exterior.
    Like, some people said, Yavin could be featured as one of the maps, in which case, sure, that's doable. But they can easily get four maps out of the Death Star, so I dunno about adding Yavin in this expansion.
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I don't see them possibly adding any large maps to the Death Star. I mean Walker Assault on the Death Star? It makes no sense. It'll be entirely interior maps, which means CQC, because that's what the Death Star is, with a Fighter Squadron in the exterior.
    Like, some people said, Yavin could be featured as one of the maps, in which case, sure, that's doable. But they can easily get four maps out of the Death Star, so I dunno about adding Yavin in this expansion.

It's virtually impossible to do Walker Assault on the Death Star. Maybe Supremacy and Turning Point could be done though if EA/DICE want to do large modes and large maps, along with small modes and CQC maps.

Unless Yavin IV is brought along to the Death Star DLC. Then Walker Assault could be done.