criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Help me understand Skirmish

Wallofman
1122 posts Member
I don't get it. So essentially I can play WA, like I can now, but play with (and against) bots? Why would I want to do that? I am not asking to be sarcastic. I really do not know why i would enjoy that over, playing the exact same game but against real people. Am I missing something, or over simplifying it? It does not sound fun.

Replies

• You do it just to try out new loadouts? Maybe for people who don't have great internet and WiFi?
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    this is what a lot of people have been asking for. Now after the servers shut down you can still enjoy battlefront! You don't need to worry about connections, being able to find games, scabby players, and now you can play with others on the same tv! If it's not for you then continue to play online. I for one am stoked the devs have done an amazing job! Hopefully it'll grow on you :)
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    I don't get it. So essentially I can play WA, like I can now, but play with (and against) bots? Why would I want to do that? I am not asking to be sarcastic. I really do not know why i would enjoy that over, playing the exact same game but against real people. Am I missing something, or over simplifying it? It does not sound fun.

No lag.
    Bots playing objectives.
    No hackers.
    No ES or disputer spams.

To name a few however no one forcing you to play.
  • Many a reason, but they may not apply to you. Here are some examples:

You can't bear hackers on PC and you just want to enjoy the game.

You are not very good at FPS games online and just want to have fun.

You don't have a stable internet connection and just want to play these modes without lag.

You bought the game expecting more from single player.

The games servers will shut eventually and people will still want to play thee modes.

It might not be your cup of tea but it certainly is for others.
    The force will be with you. Always.
  • RogueKarp
    1003 posts Member
    It's so that you can play couch co-op with a friend, or if you are having a bad day online you can take it out on offline bots :)
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    I understand both sides. Personally Im not the biggest single player fan, I think fighting bots is boring but I can see why people would want to play against bots.
  • Not for me, but my son is super hyped for this, so as others have said, not for all, but it's what a lot of folk wanted
  • I'm not a big fan of offline bots, but I'm glad for those who want it being able to finally get it. I'd much rather this happen than having Dice insert bots into online play.
  • ross42899
    1431 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »

Reasons to play against bots:

- if you have internet connectivity issues
    - if EA shuts down servers
    - if cheaters annoy you in MP
    - if you are not a pro gamer and want just play a few relaxing rounds without getting instantly killed