criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Need explanation for love affair with skirmish

Prev1
Wallofman
1123 posts Member
I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

Replies

  • Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Wallofman
    1123 posts Member
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    Guess what ? This might come as a shock :o but.... some people actually have different tastes to you.

    Wow shocker !
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Wallofman
    1123 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    Guess what ? This might come as a shock :o but.... some people actually have different tastes to you.

    Wow shocker !

    If you would take the time to read I even ended it saying it was an OPINION. It is called reading comprehension Secondly, I am asking people why they like it. To me I cannot understand why so I asked for a "rational explanation" Once again there goes that reading comprehension thing. You should try it
  • some people just enjoy a simple mindless mode of play. MP can be fun but also very frustrating, and bots are just easier to deal with.
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

    Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

    And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

    In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

    This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

    "In love" may not be an overreaction on your part, but I find it hard to be in love with the game mode, nor do I understand why others would be.

    TLDR: some people don't wAnna care, don't wanna try hard when they get home from a long days work. When I'm tired after work, I suck at the game and skirmish makes it so I'm not a burden to my online teammates.

    I was one of the people that said #offline players matter...
    Having said that, I am not in love with skirmish. Us good ole' boys were hoping for instant action. Choose number of bots,choose heroes no heroes, choose the map, choose the rotation, choose victory conditions , choose loadouts (in this game that would equate to star cards, character model, etc).

    But that's not quite what we got. Not a complaint, merely an observation.

    In fact I'd argue the only real difference between Skirmish and the Missions, is there are no tokens to vaccuum up in skirmish.
  • Wallofman
    1123 posts Member
    MoistGamer, are you on PS4? And if so is that your PS4 name? I asked because I think you have killed me a few times. That name looks familiar.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

    Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

    And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

    In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

    This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

    Well for one hard difficulty is similar to online. I average 50-60 kills 10-15 deaths online without heroes on WA for example yet on hard difficulty i can sure get in the hundreds but not without dying a bit. It depends on how you played. On hard all heroes cept palpatine and leia (they can heal) can net you about 30ish kills before death if your playing the objective (not camping) without heroes were you using atsts? Xwings with straffing, atat pickups? Were you in back camping with t21 b? All these affect how good your score is in skirmish as the ai wont learn your sniping them constantly and try going around you. Play on master difficulty and if you go 100 kills and no deaths most will call **** cause master difficulty bots are far more challenging then most players online. For the love of it? Well skirmish IS more immersive and more relaxing, people love skirmish because its absolute freedom and ironically its battlefront how it should be. Theirs no lag, no cheap players, no exploiters, no bacta bomb spamming nor disruption. No hero token camping ect. Its all bout YOU. You can be a hero whenever you want, can use atsts whenever ect. Also yes were supposed to have our own mp hands in,its actually a bug that its not showing up. Point is skirmish is complete fun,stress free and you can play however whenever you want. Sure online can be more challenging but thats largly due to how cheap people can be or how laggy the servers are. Skirmish on hard is similar to going against decent players online that dont use cheap cards or exploits lol. Also NO it wont hurt online,its so far added more players to the game actually. Ive noticed many new players on ps4 recently since skirmish came out. Gotta remember skirmish is instant action and no instant action was the main issue this game had and why lots avoided it. Now that offline mp with bots is in theirs a influx of new and returning players also most people that can do good on master difficulty skirmish will do pretty good online against the average player! Skirmish also made this game INFINITE in terms of replay value and content, all games no matter how good they are if their online focused only then they die once the servers are down, now that we have skirmish we can play this beautiful game to its fullest without the constraints of online 10-20 years down the road with no issue (hopefully they add more modes though :) look at pandemics battlefronts lol their bots were even more stupid then this battlefronts bots in instant action, i remember going 200+ kills and few deaths in the originals easily. Yet its still one of the most popular and most played star wars games despite server death a decade later cause of offline mp. So skirmish actually saved this games lifespan by making it infinite. While online will die eventually the actual fun and replay value cause of skirmish over all wont. To end this massive essay its honestly just preference for yourself, many people perfer online but theirs tons of people (most of battlefronts player base most likely) that perfer offline mp for reasons listed above. Also side note you can play split with a friend on walker assult on same teams and BOTH be heroes wrecking bots lol thats awesome can do a han and chewie combo once chewie is out ;)
  • OP It seemed like you being provocative it's been a long time coming so will be mentioned a lot in forums
  • Jendoon
    698 posts Member
    For me, it's just fun training as the heroes. If I'm in a real game of WA and I find a hero token I'll try and take a hero that will be the most useful to my team, depending on the map and situation. In Skirmish I can do whatever I want.
  • I took one for the team and broke your post into paragraphs after reading it. Just say no to walls of text. :-P
    Well for one hard difficulty is similar to online. I average 50-60 kills 10-15 deaths online without heroes on WA for example yet on hard difficulty i can sure get in the hundreds but not without dying a bit. It depends on how you played. On hard all heroes cept palpatine and leia (they can heal) can net you about 30ish kills before death if your playing the objective (not camping) without heroes were you using atsts? Xwings with straffing, atat pickups? Were you in back camping with t21 b? All these affect how good your score is in skirmish as the ai wont learn your sniping them constantly and try going around you. Play on master difficulty and if you go 100 kills and no deaths most will call **** cause master difficulty bots are far more challenging then most players online.

    For the love of it? Well skirmish IS more immersive and more relaxing, people love skirmish because its absolute freedom and ironically its battlefront how it should be. Theirs no lag, no cheap players, no exploiters, no bacta bomb spamming nor disruption. No hero token camping ect. Its all bout YOU. You can be a hero whenever you want, can use atsts whenever ect. Also yes were supposed to have our own mp hands in,its actually a bug that its not showing up. Point is skirmish is complete fun,stress free and you can play however whenever you want. Sure online can be more challenging but thats largly due to how cheap people can be or how laggy the servers are. Skirmish on hard is similar to going against decent players online that dont use cheap cards or exploits lol. Also NO it wont hurt online,its so far added more players to the game actually. Ive noticed many new players on ps4 recently since skirmish came out. Gotta remember skirmish is instant action and no instant action was the main issue this game had and why lots avoided it. Now that offline mp with bots is in theirs a influx of new and returning players also most people that can do good on master difficulty skirmish will do pretty good online against the average player!

    Skirmish also made this game INFINITE in terms of replay value and content, all games no matter how good they are if their online focused only then they die once the servers are down, now that we have skirmish we can play this beautiful game to its fullest without the constraints of online 10-20 years down the road with no issue (hopefully they add more modes though :) look at pandemics battlefronts lol their bots were even more **** then this battlefronts bots in instant action, i remember going 200+ kills and few deaths in the originals easily. Yet its still one of the most popular and most played star wars games despite server death a decade later cause of offline mp. So skirmish actually saved this games lifespan by making it infinite. While online will die eventually the actual fun and replay value cause of skirmish over all wont.

    To end this massive essay its honestly just preference for yourself, many people perfer online but theirs tons of people (most of battlefronts player base most likely) that perfer offline mp for reasons listed above. Also side note you can play split with a friend on walker assult on same teams and BOTH be heroes wrecking bots lol thats awesome can do a han and chewie combo once chewie is out ;)

  • Themainman
    1980 posts Member
    Its pretty trash tbh
  • 134 to 0 on hard...

  • bots dont cheat. they dont camp the hero and vehicle tokens so i actually get to play the modes with them. no hackers one headshot killing with a pistol from the other end of the map on endor when they cant see me. no hackers with no cooldowns. when i have no internet i can still play. sometimes im too tired to deal with the online player hackusations (they never accuse me but im sick of hearing it because its almost never aimed at the ACTUAL damned hackers, just good players who understand how to be a team player and play objectives not K/D alone).

    i wouldnt say im in love with it, but i do enjoy it. i still preferred it if we got instant action as someone else put it in the thread though, and i definitely want blast on all maps big or small, and with no time or kill limits. i will even explain why - skirmish (or blast offline if it comes) allows me to play and have no pressure, and sometimes when i am working on something at work playing a game that doesnt demand 100% of my concentration lets part of my brain carry on working on the work problem. sometimes in the middle of no pressure mindless fun i get solutions to real life issues i can use. cant do that with online.
    invalid brain token
  • I don't see much use for it personally other than trying out new tactics or figuring out how to use semi-worthless weapons like the Stinger pistol. Or avoiding the playlist. I enjoy the thrill and frustration of the multi-player experience.

    But a lot of people have wanted this mode for a long time, and I think it's cool that EA/DICE built something that their fans were clamoring for. At its worst, it will be a feature that I won't use very often....but maybe this is all some people want to play. How is that bad, if everyone is happy....even if it's only for 10 minutes?
  • Wallofman
    1123 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

    Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

    And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

    In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

    This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

    Well for one hard difficulty is similar to online. I average 50-60 kills 10-15 deaths online without heroes on WA for example yet on hard difficulty i can sure get in the hundreds but not without dying a bit. It depends on how you played. On hard all heroes cept palpatine and leia (they can heal) can net you about 30ish kills before death if your playing the objective (not camping) without heroes were you using atsts? Xwings with straffing, atat pickups? Were you in back camping with t21 b? All these affect how good your score is in skirmish as the ai wont learn your sniping them constantly and try going around you. Play on master difficulty and if you go 100 kills and no deaths most will call **** cause master difficulty bots are far more challenging then most players online. For the love of it? Well skirmish IS more immersive and more relaxing, people love skirmish because its absolute freedom and ironically its battlefront how it should be. Theirs no lag, no cheap players, no exploiters, no bacta bomb spamming nor disruption. No hero token camping ect. Its all bout YOU. You can be a hero whenever you want, can use atsts whenever ect. Also yes were supposed to have our own mp hands in,its actually a bug that its not showing up. Point is skirmish is complete fun,stress free and you can play however whenever you want. Sure online can be more challenging but thats largly due to how cheap people can be or how laggy the servers are. Skirmish on hard is similar to going against decent players online that dont use cheap cards or exploits lol. Also NO it wont hurt online,its so far added more players to the game actually. Ive noticed many new players on ps4 recently since skirmish came out. Gotta remember skirmish is instant action and no instant action was the main issue this game had and why lots avoided it. Now that offline mp with bots is in theirs a influx of new and returning players also most people that can do good on master difficulty skirmish will do pretty good online against the average player! Skirmish also made this game INFINITE in terms of replay value and content, all games no matter how good they are if their online focused only then they die once the servers are down, now that we have skirmish we can play this beautiful game to its fullest without the constraints of online 10-20 years down the road with no issue (hopefully they add more modes though :) look at pandemics battlefronts lol their bots were even more **** then this battlefronts bots in instant action, i remember going 200+ kills and few deaths in the originals easily. Yet its still one of the most popular and most played star wars games despite server death a decade later cause of offline mp. So skirmish actually saved this games lifespan by making it infinite. While online will die eventually the actual fun and replay value cause of skirmish over all wont. To end this massive essay its honestly just preference for yourself, many people perfer online but theirs tons of people (most of battlefronts player base most likely) that perfer offline mp for reasons listed above. Also side note you can play split with a friend on walker assult on same teams and BOTH be heroes wrecking bots lol thats awesome can do a han and chewie combo once chewie is out ;)

    To answer your questions within the comment. I did not use any star fighters (for kills), and for some reason it would not allow me to pick up a hero card. Every time I got close it disappeared. So no vehicles, no hero. I uased my A280C and played in between the uplinks (Hoth). that way I can easily run back and forth to defend it if a bot got too close. I used the loadout with a jet pack and ion torpedo. The only time I jumped in a speeder was to trip the walker. I got no kills with the speeder.
  • I'll repeat a statement I made earlier in another thread in answer to the OP here.

    "Playing WA against an entire team of white Stormtroopers with their helmets on, priceless."

    And play it on Master difficulty. Helps make up for the lack of sophistication with the AI.
  • Wallofman
    1123 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.

    It is not a cheap kill when they use something that you have access to also. I use the jump pack, you have to in order to get around faster, especially after you are killed. I only use the bacta bomb in blast when the objective is to stay alive. But when it comes down to it, you also have the ability to spam any card you want. If you choose not to does not make it a cheap kill when it happens to you.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

    Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

    And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

    In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

    This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

    Well for one hard difficulty is similar to online. I average 50-60 kills 10-15 deaths online without heroes on WA for example yet on hard difficulty i can sure get in the hundreds but not without dying a bit. It depends on how you played. On hard all heroes cept palpatine and leia (they can heal) can net you about 30ish kills before death if your playing the objective (not camping) without heroes were you using atsts? Xwings with straffing, atat pickups? Were you in back camping with t21 b? All these affect how good your score is in skirmish as the ai wont learn your sniping them constantly and try going around you. Play on master difficulty and if you go 100 kills and no deaths most will call **** cause master difficulty bots are far more challenging then most players online. For the love of it? Well skirmish IS more immersive and more relaxing, people love skirmish because its absolute freedom and ironically its battlefront how it should be. Theirs no lag, no cheap players, no exploiters, no bacta bomb spamming nor disruption. No hero token camping ect. Its all bout YOU. You can be a hero whenever you want, can use atsts whenever ect. Also yes were supposed to have our own mp hands in,its actually a bug that its not showing up. Point is skirmish is complete fun,stress free and you can play however whenever you want. Sure online can be more challenging but thats largly due to how cheap people can be or how laggy the servers are. Skirmish on hard is similar to going against decent players online that dont use cheap cards or exploits lol. Also NO it wont hurt online,its so far added more players to the game actually. Ive noticed many new players on ps4 recently since skirmish came out. Gotta remember skirmish is instant action and no instant action was the main issue this game had and why lots avoided it. Now that offline mp with bots is in theirs a influx of new and returning players also most people that can do good on master difficulty skirmish will do pretty good online against the average player! Skirmish also made this game INFINITE in terms of replay value and content, all games no matter how good they are if their online focused only then they die once the servers are down, now that we have skirmish we can play this beautiful game to its fullest without the constraints of online 10-20 years down the road with no issue (hopefully they add more modes though :) look at pandemics battlefronts lol their bots were even more **** then this battlefronts bots in instant action, i remember going 200+ kills and few deaths in the originals easily. Yet its still one of the most popular and most played star wars games despite server death a decade later cause of offline mp. So skirmish actually saved this games lifespan by making it infinite. While online will die eventually the actual fun and replay value cause of skirmish over all wont. To end this massive essay its honestly just preference for yourself, many people perfer online but theirs tons of people (most of battlefronts player base most likely) that perfer offline mp for reasons listed above. Also side note you can play split with a friend on walker assult on same teams and BOTH be heroes wrecking bots lol thats awesome can do a han and chewie combo once chewie is out ;)

    To answer your questions within the comment. I did not use any star fighters (for kills), and for some reason it would not allow me to pick up a hero card. Every time I got close it disappeared. So no vehicles, no hero. I uased my A280C and played in between the uplinks (Hoth). that way I can easily run back and forth to defend it if a bot got too close. I used the loadout with a jet pack and ion torpedo. The only time I jumped in a speeder was to trip the walker. I got no kills with the speeder.

    Ah gotcha also the hero tokens disapearing are commonly called phantom tokens, what they are is the enemy teams heroes lol, its a ui glitch allowing us to see both our hero tokens (which are their) and enemy hero tokens (which says is their until we get close and its not their) confirmed this via splitscreen with a friend who was on enemy team!
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Because it's fun sometimes to just sit back and shoot at enemies that don't give a crap about you. I love the multiplayer, I love it more than I love Skirmish, but it's fun to relaxe by yourself and shoot bots. It's even better on splitscreen.
  • I took one for the team and broke your post into paragraphs after reading it. Just say no to walls of text. :-P
    Well for one hard difficulty is similar to online. I average 50-60 kills 10-15 deaths online without heroes on WA for example yet on hard difficulty i can sure get in the hundreds but not without dying a bit. It depends on how you played. On hard all heroes cept palpatine and leia (they can heal) can net you about 30ish kills before death if your playing the objective (not camping) without heroes were you using atsts? Xwings with straffing, atat pickups? Were you in back camping with t21 b? All these affect how good your score is in skirmish as the ai wont learn your sniping them constantly and try going around you. Play on master difficulty and if you go 100 kills and no deaths most will call **** cause master difficulty bots are far more challenging then most players online.

    For the love of it? Well skirmish IS more immersive and more relaxing, people love skirmish because its absolute freedom and ironically its battlefront how it should be. Theirs no lag, no cheap players, no exploiters, no bacta bomb spamming nor disruption. No hero token camping ect. Its all bout YOU. You can be a hero whenever you want, can use atsts whenever ect. Also yes were supposed to have our own mp hands in,its actually a bug that its not showing up. Point is skirmish is complete fun,stress free and you can play however whenever you want. Sure online can be more challenging but thats largly due to how cheap people can be or how laggy the servers are. Skirmish on hard is similar to going against decent players online that dont use cheap cards or exploits lol. Also NO it wont hurt online,its so far added more players to the game actually. Ive noticed many new players on ps4 recently since skirmish came out. Gotta remember skirmish is instant action and no instant action was the main issue this game had and why lots avoided it. Now that offline mp with bots is in theirs a influx of new and returning players also most people that can do good on master difficulty skirmish will do pretty good online against the average player!

    Skirmish also made this game INFINITE in terms of replay value and content, all games no matter how good they are if their online focused only then they die once the servers are down, now that we have skirmish we can play this beautiful game to its fullest without the constraints of online 10-20 years down the road with no issue (hopefully they add more modes though :) look at pandemics battlefronts lol their bots were even more **** then this battlefronts bots in instant action, i remember going 200+ kills and few deaths in the originals easily. Yet its still one of the most popular and most played star wars games despite server death a decade later cause of offline mp. So skirmish actually saved this games lifespan by making it infinite. While online will die eventually the actual fun and replay value cause of skirmish over all wont.

    To end this massive essay its honestly just preference for yourself, many people perfer online but theirs tons of people (most of battlefronts player base most likely) that perfer offline mp for reasons listed above. Also side note you can play split with a friend on walker assult on same teams and BOTH be heroes wrecking bots lol thats awesome can do a han and chewie combo once chewie is out ;)

    Thanks lol its just hard with this darn phone to make individual paragraphs i have trouble on the mobil forum site, pleases forgives us master (in gollum voice)
  • I took one for the team and broke your post into paragraphs after reading it. Just say no to walls of text. :-P
    Well for one hard difficulty is similar to online. I average 50-60 kills 10-15 deaths online without heroes on WA for example yet on hard difficulty i can sure get in the hundreds but not without dying a bit. It depends on how you played. On hard all heroes cept palpatine and leia (they can heal) can net you about 30ish kills before death if your playing the objective (not camping) without heroes were you using atsts? Xwings with straffing, atat pickups? Were you in back camping with t21 b? All these affect how good your score is in skirmish as the ai wont learn your sniping them constantly and try going around you. Play on master difficulty and if you go 100 kills and no deaths most will call **** cause master difficulty bots are far more challenging then most players online.

    For the love of it? Well skirmish IS more immersive and more relaxing, people love skirmish because its absolute freedom and ironically its battlefront how it should be. Theirs no lag, no cheap players, no exploiters, no bacta bomb spamming nor disruption. No hero token camping ect. Its all bout YOU. You can be a hero whenever you want, can use atsts whenever ect. Also yes were supposed to have our own mp hands in,its actually a bug that its not showing up. Point is skirmish is complete fun,stress free and you can play however whenever you want. Sure online can be more challenging but thats largly due to how cheap people can be or how laggy the servers are. Skirmish on hard is similar to going against decent players online that dont use cheap cards or exploits lol. Also NO it wont hurt online,its so far added more players to the game actually. Ive noticed many new players on ps4 recently since skirmish came out. Gotta remember skirmish is instant action and no instant action was the main issue this game had and why lots avoided it. Now that offline mp with bots is in theirs a influx of new and returning players also most people that can do good on master difficulty skirmish will do pretty good online against the average player!

    Skirmish also made this game INFINITE in terms of replay value and content, all games no matter how good they are if their online focused only then they die once the servers are down, now that we have skirmish we can play this beautiful game to its fullest without the constraints of online 10-20 years down the road with no issue (hopefully they add more modes though :) look at pandemics battlefronts lol their bots were even more **** then this battlefronts bots in instant action, i remember going 200+ kills and few deaths in the originals easily. Yet its still one of the most popular and most played star wars games despite server death a decade later cause of offline mp. So skirmish actually saved this games lifespan by making it infinite. While online will die eventually the actual fun and replay value cause of skirmish over all wont.

    To end this massive essay its honestly just preference for yourself, many people perfer online but theirs tons of people (most of battlefronts player base most likely) that perfer offline mp for reasons listed above. Also side note you can play split with a friend on walker assult on same teams and BOTH be heroes wrecking bots lol thats awesome can do a han and chewie combo once chewie is out ;)

    Thanks lol its just hard with this darn phone to make individual paragraphs i have trouble on the mobil forum site, pleases forgives us master (in gollum voice)

    All is forgiven and you're welcome. :-) And I have to say, with your phone? I don't think I could find the patience. I type wicked fast on a real keyboard. Probably why I'm also a piano player. Takes me forever to type anything of substance with my smartphone though. I have seen people that can type a mile a minute on them though. Blows me away. :-P
  • Mystical
    217 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Because I don't care about showing off or being competitive. I bought Star Wars Battlefront to well play Star Wars. With Skirmish I can do whatever I want with the sandbox and not have to worry about anyone else ruining the fun. I've always enjoyed offline bot modes in multiplayer games and super glad Battlefront is getting it.
  • I'm a big fan of multiplayer and the skirmish mode is a welcome addition. Playing it on hard is a comfortable casual game of fun allowing you to use all the pick-ups and explore the maps properly. The best bit about it is that you can pause it whilst playing at work. (So I've heard, not me) alt tab out when the boss walks in.
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.

    It is not a cheap kill when they use something that you have access to also. I use the jump pack, you have to in order to get around faster, especially after you are killed. I only use the bacta bomb in blast when the objective is to stay alive. But when it comes down to it, you also have the ability to spam any card you want. If you choose not to does not make it a cheap kill when it happens to you.

    It is indeed a cheap kill. It takes ZERO skill to execute and there is no proper counter, and no "kill them first" isn't a counter. The problem with bacta bomb is the temporary invincibility that it grants the user and all players friendly to the user in the mist. There are ZERO ways to counter that. Also I haven't used the Jump Pack since Bespin launched and I'm doing just fine without it.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Strogg1980
    2559 posts Member
    Let me ask this question then- whats the appeal of online? Camping, spawn killing, everyone always usig the best weapons, bacta bombs and berserker up the wazoo, jet packing and jumping around all the time.

    Id rather feel like playing in a battlefield in the star wars universe than playing an MP game with a star wars skin.

    Sorry if i want to play as a space soldier in MP, i have Halo for that
  • Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.

    It is not a cheap kill when they use something that you have access to also. I use the jump pack, you have to in order to get around faster, especially after you are killed. I only use the bacta bomb in blast when the objective is to stay alive. But when it comes down to it, you also have the ability to spam any card you want. If you choose not to does not make it a cheap kill when it happens to you.

    It is indeed a cheap kill. It takes ZERO skill to execute and there is no proper counter, and no "kill them first" isn't a counter. The problem with bacta bomb is the temporary invincibility that it grants the user and all players friendly to the user in the mist. There are ZERO ways to counter that. Also I haven't used the Jump Pack since Bespin launched and I'm doing just fine without it.

    I think Dioxis rips bacta's heal pretty fast
  • Simply put, split screen co-op with my buddy on the couch. I know that seems novel to some people, but there are still a lot of old school gamers like myself who like playing games with other people in the same room(and no, the missions didn't cut it). Co-op play was always the saving grace for the Battlefront games from the very first Battlefront IMO. I played all of them online too, but ultimately, I like playing with people I actually know. Additional bonus to couch co-op, if you or your friend are being a ****, a shoulder punch is just a cushion away ;).
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • hansgrell wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.

    It is not a cheap kill when they use something that you have access to also. I use the jump pack, you have to in order to get around faster, especially after you are killed. I only use the bacta bomb in blast when the objective is to stay alive. But when it comes down to it, you also have the ability to spam any card you want. If you choose not to does not make it a cheap kill when it happens to you.

    It is indeed a cheap kill. It takes ZERO skill to execute and there is no proper counter, and no "kill them first" isn't a counter. The problem with bacta bomb is the temporary invincibility that it grants the user and all players friendly to the user in the mist. There are ZERO ways to counter that. Also I haven't used the Jump Pack since Bespin launched and I'm doing just fine without it.

    I think Dioxis rips bacta's heal pretty fast

    I meant to counter the invincibility. The health boost isn't hard to defeat.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • Wallofman
    1123 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.

    It is not a cheap kill when they use something that you have access to also. I use the jump pack, you have to in order to get around faster, especially after you are killed. I only use the bacta bomb in blast when the objective is to stay alive. But when it comes down to it, you also have the ability to spam any card you want. If you choose not to does not make it a cheap kill when it happens to you.

    It is indeed a cheap kill. It takes ZERO skill to execute and there is no proper counter, and no "kill them first" isn't a counter. The problem with bacta bomb is the temporary invincibility that it grants the user and all players friendly to the user in the mist. There are ZERO ways to counter that. Also I haven't used the Jump Pack since Bespin launched and I'm doing just fine without it.

    Honestly, it sounds like you need to get better. This is not meant to be an insult, just an observation. I run the A280C (no explosive shot) and I have had very little trouble killing someone who just threw down a bacta bomb. If I am shooting them and they throw it, I switch to the cycler rifle or scatter gun, that does a lot of damage. Then I go into a combat roll and continue with my primary weapon. Sure it takes extra shots to kill them once they use the bacta, but it is easily countered. Truth is, there is not one hand combination that makes someone immune to being killed. That is a fact.
  • I don't really get it either. I tried it for the first time yesterday, went 203-1 (the death was because I got an AT-ST early and couldn't exit), and put it down for what is likely to be the remainder of my BF lifetime.
  • CloneAssassin501
    1828 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    Some people like the mindless slaughterfest Skirmish provides. Others have poor connection and this allows them to play the game offline. I enjoy it because the bots don't use cheap tactics and they all wear their helmets.

    When you say bots don't use cheap tactics you mean it is easier for you to get cheap kills.

    No, I mean they don't go around Jump-Casting, which should never have been in the game to begin with, or spamming Bacta Bomb in the middle of a firefight.

    It is not a cheap kill when they use something that you have access to also. I use the jump pack, you have to in order to get around faster, especially after you are killed. I only use the bacta bomb in blast when the objective is to stay alive. But when it comes down to it, you also have the ability to spam any card you want. If you choose not to does not make it a cheap kill when it happens to you.

    It is indeed a cheap kill. It takes ZERO skill to execute and there is no proper counter, and no "kill them first" isn't a counter. The problem with bacta bomb is the temporary invincibility that it grants the user and all players friendly to the user in the mist. There are ZERO ways to counter that. Also I haven't used the Jump Pack since Bespin launched and I'm doing just fine without it.

    Honestly, it sounds like you need to get better. This is not meant to be an insult, just an observation. I run the A280C (no explosive shot) and I have had very little trouble killing someone who just threw down a bacta bomb. If I am shooting them and they throw it, I switch to the cycler rifle or scatter gun, that does a lot of damage. Then I go into a combat roll and continue with my primary weapon. Sure it takes extra shots to kill them once they use the bacta, but it is easily countered. Truth is, there is not one hand combination that makes someone immune to being killed. That is a fact.

    I have no doubt of your skill, however there are well documented cases of people being invincible inside of Bacta Mist. I've encountered many times. I'll be winning the fight, the enemy pops Bacta, and is invincible as they gun me down. THAT is a fact.

    PS - I probably should get better but my point stands. It is possible to have temporary invincibility with the Bacta Bomb.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • mastery0ta
    5760 posts Member
    Mystical wrote: »
    Because I don't care about showing off or being competitive. I bought Star Wars Battlefront to well play Star Wars. With Skirmish I can do whatever I want with the sandbox and not have to worry about anyone else ruining the fun. I've always enjoyed offline bot modes in multiplayer games and super glad Battlefront is getting it.

    Well said
  • Because fun is subjective.

    Mic Drop
  • Righful
    136 posts Member
    If it's too easy, try cranking it up to "master".
  • peck71
    160 posts Member
    It needs to be tweaked, and actually have a team work on it.....
    But many players don't want to play with great players, newb players, cheaters, lag, no voice communication, no server browser, or the map and mode they want is a long wait.....


    Many different reasons why skirmish is welcomed..... But this mode needs some developer love, and actually flesh it out, and make it better......

    It will be our only way to enjoy this game, when the player base dies off...... Which for me on p.c. is the near future.... :(

    I like to play online, but have had many of bad experiences with this game, bad teams, no voice comms, server browser, cheaters, but have had many good games as well, when teams are even it is very fun....

    I personally believe all games should have both SP and MP, so they can get more sales, and please all gamer's, thus keeping their game relevant much longer......

    This game sold an estimated 12 to 13 million copies, but the player base is weak for this many copies sold.....
    Showing many of the purchasers were not into multi only, with missions for them, which were a joke, and just a quick fix to say single player experience....

    And the community spoke out, and obviously got skirmish, to quell the anger for this game...
    And EA and Disney knew these customers were not going to buy Battlefront II, if they didn't do something to smooth things out.....

    I just don't understand the split between SP and MP fans, i love both, sometimes you just want to play where you can pause the game, and not have to be on your game..... Other times i want a challenge, and the chaos of online, with campers, spammers, trash talkers, humans who think and make adjustments.....

    Either way you cut it, we all have different tastes and skills, and all should get to enjoy this game.....
  • Um, to be honest it does seem boring.

    But it is nice to get in some practice with certain heroes and machines. And after 100 kills you sort of fall into this zone of high speed murder; your brain shuts off and you just rampage with no anger, it's sort of the Light side of the force. In a Jedi trance as Luke you can murder an entire battalion, and you don't feel good or bad afterwards - no anger, no rage.

    The big advantage is that my kids have something interesting to play on a big map. I can let them get crushed and not have any anxiety about the game, cause it doesn't count for anything.
  • JayZack
    122 posts Member
    This is why I like skirmish: I can choose what map I want and it starts from the begining everytime. I can choose the side I want to play as. I can choose whether to play as a hero or use a vehicle anytime I want. There is no lag. I can play splitscreen. I can choose difficulty level. There are no cheaters, noobs, or helmtless troopers. Have I said enough?
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    I get to play how I want. Shred bots? Normal. More tactical play? Hard. Challenge myself against unfair AI? Master. Fly whenever I feel like it? Check. Run AT-STs or AT-ATs at will? Check. Play as a hero? Whenever and however I feel like. Competitive with no HUD? Yep. Chill on a speeder? Of course. Worry about being spawnlocked? Maybe on Master but generally not. Watching Stormtroopers rush to protect their AT-AT?

    Skirmish is the authentic Star Wars experience this game needed.
  • It's relaxing fun. Matchmaking is competitive fun. Most games had both in the past. It made for well-rounded games. I'm pretty decent with shooters (played Battlefront tonight and was top on my team 40-50% of the time), so I can find some enjoyment from online. But it does get old, so when I just wanna indulge in some Star Wars immersion, it helps to be able to do it without strangers all the time. For a lot of people though, the game is just too hard online. People shouldn't have to devote a ton of time developing skills to compete just to enjoy a little Star Wars. Especially kids. All these "if it's too hard playing against real people play something else" types just sound like middle-aged losers who would refuse to go easy on little kids playing a game of tag so it would be fun for them. There are all kinds of Star Wars fans and they all deserve to be able to have fun.
  • JackTHorn
    3549 posts Member
    It isn't that Skirmish is amazing right now, though it is enjoyable in new ways that the game hasn't seen before. The tokens are buggy, the AI auto-targets to instant headshots from across the map, and Walker Assault was really just a terrible mode choice for SP, etc, etc.

    The thing is that it has potential to be an amazing new element of the game. It could allow people who are new to the game or to for in general to get their feet wet. It could allow people to try out heroes, to explore the maps. To try out new cards and new blasters. And with other modes like Supremacy and Turning Point and Blast, as well as a bit of tweaking to the AI, it could be really fun.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I feel the same way. I understand people have been wanting offline content forever and yes it is fun to go 200-0, but dosent that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly annihilate bots?
  • Schweinwinder
    619 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    im not a huge fan of skirmish as well. i much prefer the challenge of playing against other people. i love single player games too and when i said i wanted battlefront to have single player, i meant as in a campaign. it feels incredibly bland to shoot headless chickens in skirmish.
  • Zephkiel
    1790 posts Member
    DaBeast wrote: »
    I feel the same way. I understand people have been wanting offline content forever and yes it is fun to go 200-0, but dosent that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly annihilate bots?

    I understand people have been enjoying the multiplayer since release, and yes it is fun to PvP, but doesn't that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly compete against other players?
  • My love affair for skirmish comes from that fact that I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but I am a casual gamer, well I consider myself a hardcore casual because I play quite a bit but I don't take it all that seriously, I just play for the fun of it, but I don't think that makes me any less of a gamer, just a different type of gamer.

    I can mindlessly shoot bots and go 200-0 without getting bored because it's Star wars and I'm the most **** soldier in the galaxy :wink: ... yes in my own mind. I have no false beliefs that I'd be anything but terrible in a multiplayer setting going up against real people who take it very seriously and are very good, and to be honest, I have no desire to be in that type of setting. I don't play games to compete or challenge myself in that way. I will play an actual physical sport to get that out of my system. I am competitive so I understand why people love multiplayer, but for me, video games are just for fun and relaxation.

    I also only play multiplayer games with and against friends that I actually know personally.

    That's what makes humans so great, we are all different and what one person loves, the other person may loathe, but that doesn't mean either person is wrong.
  • ChadDSolo
    1457 posts Member
    I dunno...entire thread seems like a "git gud" semi-trollish argument. Don't like it, don't play it. Who cares if you 'get it' or not?

    There's as many reasons to offer offline mp gaming as there is online. FPS gaming isn't exclusive to online only; never has been. It's over; let the argument against offline go already.
  • JoshDamage
    1429 posts Member
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

    Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

    And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

    In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

    This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

    Because they crush bots and keep their egos intact is the main reason. I know some wanted to be able to play with friends and family but I thought you could do that in MP with parties etc.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    Zephkiel wrote: »
    DaBeast wrote: »
    I feel the same way. I understand people have been wanting offline content forever and yes it is fun to go 200-0, but dosent that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly annihilate bots?

    I understand people have been enjoying the multiplayer since release, and yes it is fun to PvP, but doesn't that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly compete against other players?

    So "clever." Playing against bots is more "mindless" and you know that lol.
    JoshDamage wrote: »
    Wallofman wrote: »
    I was on vacation when skirmish dropped. I saw many posts (and still see them) about how great it is, how people love it, etc. So I got home last night and played it. I am confused.

    Can I get a rational reason why people love this? It was boring! I am just an average player, and when I can end a match 134-0 (on hard) and destroy both Walkers, there is a problem. How can anyone like such a simplistic mode? No challenge. The thing that makes multiplayer so great is the unpredictability of the person you are playing against.

    And don't tell me so you can practice with different hands, I could not even choose my cards. I am really confused by all the love this mode is getting.

    In reality this might hurt the game long term. If a bad player goes in and plays skirmish, gets a ton of kills, goes back to multiplayer and gets owned, what will happen? That player will stay away from online, which will weaken the numbers.

    This is just my opinion, just curious how so many people are in love with this.

    Because they crush bots and keep their egos intact is the main reason. I know some wanted to be able to play with friends and family but I thought you could do that in MP with parties etc.

    Truth.
  • Zephkiel wrote: »
    DaBeast wrote: »
    I feel the same way. I understand people have been wanting offline content forever and yes it is fun to go 200-0, but dosent that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly annihilate bots?

    I understand people have been enjoying the multiplayer since release, and yes it is fun to PvP, but doesn't that get old? How many times can you just mindlessly compete against other players?
    Thats a pretty dumb thing to say. Playing against actual people takes more of your mind than mindlessly killing bots. I'm happy people like it but it doesn't compare to online.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!