criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Thought Of Movesets for 2 New Heroes (Kyle Katarn and Starkiller)

SorenTheSage
576 posts Member
edited July 2016
There's a 99.9% chance these characters will not be added, but I decided to think of movesets for them anyways. ;)
Kyle Katarn
kyle_katarn_by_adlpictures-d2z55bu.jpg

Main Weapon: Lightsaber. Works exactly like Luke's and Vader's.

1st Ability: Force Pull- Kyle pulls all enemies in front of him with the Force, causing them to drop their blasters. Blasters will be automatically picked up after 3 seconds, but cannot be regained until then. When used on heroes, they will be stunned for a short amount of time instead.

2nd Ability: Mind Trick- Kyle uses an old Jedi Mind Trick on all nearby enemies, causing him to become invisible to all affected enemies as well as jamming their radars. Same effect on heroes.

3rd Ability: Force Heal- Kyle goes into a healing position, gradually restoring up to 1/4 of his health. However, if he is damaged while healing, all healed health will be negated and Katarn will go into a state of vulnerability, causing him to temporarily take double damage. Also, if Kyle has more than 3/4 of his health left, he will instead instantly heal all nearby infantry, similar to a bacta bomb.

Trait: Dual Wield- Pressing the X button (Square on Playstation) will cause Katarn to switch to an Imperial Heavy Repeater. The repeater functions as a normal blaster, but shoots metal bolts, allowing it to go through shields. It also can shoot a small purple explosive by pressing Y, but has a cooldown. He can switch back to his lightsaber by pressing X at anytime.

Starkiller coming up next.
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn

Replies

• Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Starkiller coming up next.

YAY! :D
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Piscettios
    5774 posts Member
    I like it overall, accept the healing part. Palpy and Leia simply drop heal with one button press and no repercussions, I think his would have to be easier to access. Would love Starkiller and Kyle btw, nice idea!
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • SorenTheSage
    576 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Starkiller (Imperial Hero)
    Starkiller.png

Weapon: Lightsaber. Works exactly like everyone else's.

Starkiller does not have cooldowns for his abilities. Instead, he has a force gauge that is drained whenever he uses an ability, but refills when he isn't. If he depletes the force gauge, however, he will go into stasis and will have to wait until it refills completely to use his abilities.

1st Ability: Force Push- Starkiller force pushes everyone in front of him. Starkiller's push goes further than Luke's, but is much narrower. He can also charge it up to go further and do more damage, but at the cost of more force energy.

2nd Ability: Force Lightning- Starkiller shoots out Force Lightning that arcs out and hits multiple enemies. It's weaker than the Emperor's, however, and takes longer to kill enemies with. It also does extra damage against droids and turrets.

3rd Ability: Force Grip- Starkiller picks up an enemy, and throws him/her into another nearby enemy, killing them both. If nobody else is around, they will be throw instead into a nearby wall or object, or back on the ground, still killing them. If used on Heroes, they will be damaged, but not picked up.

Trait: Force Fury- As Starkiller kills infantry, damages heroes, and takes damage, a second gauge will fill up. When it's full, Starkiller will become enraged, amping up all his attacks as well as giving him unlimited force energy. For example, he will throw his lightsaber instead of swinging it, and his abilities will do more damage. It should be noted that Force Fury takes a long time to fill up, but it won't decrease over time like other heroes's traits. It's meant to be a powerful trait that only has time to be activated once or twice during a battle.

"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    I like it overall, accept the healing part. Palpy and Leia simply drop heal with one button press and no repercussions, I think his would have to be easier to access. Would love Starkiller and Kyle btw, nice idea!

Good point, but neither of them can drop health pickups in any mode expect HvV and HH. They also don't heal infantry, so I thought it would be a good trade off.
  • Shame we couldn't play him as Imperials
    latest?cb=20101222234330
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Make sure you guys let me know what you think, and if anything needs to be changed.
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Make sure you guys let me know what you think, and if anything needs to be changed.

Starkiller like this and everything will be perfect :D also have duel sabers playable.

galen_marek_in_star_wars-_the_force_unleashed_ii.jpg

This outfit as his main ^
    Xbox One: Firewall17 - I Love Star Wars: Battlefront 2! No regrets buying it and never will! - Also on >The List<
  • Shame we couldn't play him as Imperials
    latest?cb=20101222234330

Sorry, forgot to mention this would be secret apprentice Starkiller, so he would be an Imperial hero. I'll edit that in.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Even though they aren't canon, I like the time and effort you put into this. Good job!
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Firewall17 wrote: »
    Make sure you guys let me know what you think, and if anything needs to be changed.

Starkiller like this and everything will be perfect :D also have duel sabers playable.

It would be pretty cool to have an option to switch to two lightsabers, but that probably would be difficult to program in.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    Even though they aren't canon, I like the time and effort you put into this. Good job!

Thank you!
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

Thank you!
    No prob :wink:
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Firewall17 wrote: »

It would be pretty cool to have an option to switch to two lightsabers, but that probably would be difficult to program in.

True.
  • Firewall17
    1166 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

Agreed.
  • Piscettios
    5774 posts Member
    Piscettios wrote: »

Good point, but neither of them can drop health pickups in any mode expect HvV and HH. They also don't heal infantry, so I thought it would be a good trade off.

Fair enough.. 99% of my hero usage comes from HvV and I always forget it changes on bigger modes.

I like star killers force gauge. Begs the question if it would be better for all force users to have it... would add a nice touch of something a little different than blaster/non force heroes.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13