criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Luke OHKO With Heavy Strike

So earlier I was playing HvV on Jawa Refuge. I picked Luke, and ran over to the one area with the cave on the left and the cliffside on the right. I saw the Emperor, ran toward him, and used Heavy Strike. it looked like the attack got stuck in him, sending sparks everywhere and reducing his health to 0 instantly. Sadly I don't have a video of it, but I found one of someone doing the same thing to Vader. https://youtube.com/watch?v=jIxGx0ZOLMA

Has this happened to anyone else?
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn

Replies

• Krimson
    1454 posts Member
    Heavy strike doesn't deal one big blow to an enemy, it delivers several weaker blows to an enemy (i know it's a weaker attack than the regular swing cause i hit a stormtrooper with one blow with the HVY strike and it didn't kill him)
  • Krimson wrote: »
    Heavy strike doesn't deal one big blow to an enemy, it delivers several weaker blows to an enemy (i know it's a weaker attack than the regular swing cause i hit a stormtrooper with one blow with the HVY strike and it didn't kill him)

Ok, but is it supposed to insta-kill heroes like that?
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member
    Krimson wrote: »

I'm not too sure, but i know Vader can get rid of half of Luke's health with it, out depends on well you can use it, some accuracy is needed to deal a huge blow, I'm pretty sure you used it on someone that was on low health

I'm not too sure, but i know Vader can get rid of half of Luke's health with it, out depends on well you can use it, some accuracy is needed to deal a huge blow, I'm pretty sure you used it on someone that was on low health

No, it was at the beginning of the match. Palps was at full health.
  • Krimson
    1454 posts Member

Not so sure about that then, i don't fight the Emperor as much with Luke or vice versa, maybe you just got really lucky to get a 100% accurate heavy strike attack

Not so sure about that then, i don't fight the Emperor as much with Luke or vice versa, maybe you just got really lucky to get a 100% accurate heavy strike attack

That's probably what happened. Just seems odd it's possible to OHKO heroes with a certain attack.
  • Interesting, it looks like when you are aiming at hero you keep dealing damage. Same goes for Dengar's Hurricane Strike
  • In the ice caves, I had Luke and rushed at Dengar and Greedo who were up at a corner shooting at Han and Leia.

I came up from behind and landed a heavy strike point blank on both and dropped them both about 50%. To do better than that must be a bug.