criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Who is excited for "No Man's Sky"?

2Next

Replies

• The word moose is blocked...
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • DarthGalidus
    701 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    [SNIP]

[Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by EA_Afista on
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • DaBeast wrote: »
    Proniq7777 wrote: »
    DaBeast wrote: »
    I've heard that some people are calling it a mix of Dark Souls, GTA, and Minecraft... With is an odd mix of games lol
    Dark souls lol w-t-h that's a weird one.
    What is dark souls? lol
    Some weird like hack and slash game. People really love them and they're really known for being some of the hardest and most unforgiving games ever. I've never played them though lol

• Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I must be honest... The flight mechanics in No Man's Sky have ruined the fighter mechanics In battlefront.. Haha
    May the force be with you.
  • Just noticed the game and the thread
    Is this game good?
    Experience outranks everything
  • Wolffe2100 wrote: »
    Just noticed the game and the thread
    Is this game good?

The game is alright, but nothing like what was shown.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Wolffe2100 wrote: »
    Is this game good?

From what I heard, data miners discovered that the planet Sean Murray was on when he was being interviewed is a scripted planet, not randomly generated.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Is this game good?

I really hope the Steam modding community can make this game what it was promised to be.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    The game has a lot of potential. it could use some updates though.. Thats why Im just focusing on getting to the center for now.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Jaywal wrote: »
    The game has a lot of potential. it could use some updates though.. Thats why Im just focusing on getting to the center for now.

Umm, you might not want to do that.

This is the reward that awaits you in the center of the universe.
    The reward for reaching the center is nothing. It just gives you an achievement and leads you to another universe to do the same thing.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »

The reward for reaching the center is nothing. It just gives you an achievement and leads you to another universe to do the same thing.

I refuse to click that spoiler. ;-) I've kept myself in the dark long enough I don't want to ruin it now.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Gingie wrote: »

I refuse to click that spoiler. ;-) I've kept myself in the dark long enough I don't want to ruin it now.

Alright, suit yourself.

Back to the main topic. I like it, but they really need to fix the massive frame rate issues on PC.
    Post edited by Gingie on
  • I've heard the center is the most dangerous.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Gingie wrote: »

I am glad that I made the decision not to buy it at the last minute. I remember when I was on here hyping No Man's Sky but it ended up disappointing me even worse than Battlefront. They made too many promises that were not fulfilled and seem to be outright lies. This spoiler would have literally drove me to pure rage if I experienced it myself.
  • DaBeast
    1189 posts Member
    Just watched Angry Joe's review... funny stuff.
  • DaBeast wrote: »

Yep It's one of the few Angry Joe reviews that I agree with.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    DaBeast wrote: »

Lol, I only watch him for the entertainment. The way he flails his arms has me dying! :joy:
  • Army1116
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    I understand why everyone is upset about them not letting us know what features they cut, but it's still a really good game, and the reason I think so many features were cut is that they probably found out that they were buggy too late to do anything about it before release, so they cut it.

I get the feeling that Sony pushed them into releasing the game and so did the fact that most people were so upset with the first delay. I think that a lot of the features they promised will be implemented in coming updates.

It simply doesn't make sense for Sean or anyone else in the company to lie, that would destroy them professionally. I don't mean to say they did nothing wrong, they definitely should've been more open about the features that were cut.

I appreciate that you guys aren't as hateful towards them as some of the other people out there.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Army1116 wrote: »
    I understand why everyone is upset about them not letting us know what features they cut, but it's still a really good game, and the reason I think so many features were cut is that they probably found out that they were buggy too late to do anything about it before release, so they cut it.

I get the feeling that Sony pushed them into releasing the game and so did the fact that most people were so upset with the first delay. I think that a lot of the features they promised will be implemented in coming updates.

It simply doesn't make sense for Sean or anyone else in the company to lie, that would destroy them professionally. I don't mean to say they did nothing wrong, they definitely should've been more open about the features that were cut.

I appreciate that you guys aren't as hateful towards them as some of the other people out there.

I actually got NMS without buying into any hype. Once I saw all the features that were cut, I understood all the hate. People are exaggerating it though IMO. It's more of an indie game.

I actually got NMS without buying into any hype. Once I saw all the features that were cut, I understood all the hate. People are exaggerating it though IMO. It's more of an indie game.

I 100% disagree. I feel like it's completely justified. I don't condone flaming and death threats (I heard Sean Murray has gotten both) but there is so much features that were actually promised to be in the game. It's borderline false advertising and I feel they deserve all the negative press they get. If it wasn't going to be in the game at launch then there is no need to say that it would be in the game at launch.

Also Indie games generally don't cost 60 dollars. Minecraft pretty much costs like 20 bucks and it's way more expansive than No Man's Sky with the possibilities and mods.

I 100% disagree. I feel like it's completely justified. I don't condone flaming and death threats (I heard Sean Murray has gotten both) but there is so much features that were actually promised to be in the game. It's borderline false advertising and I feel they deserve all the negative press they get. If it wasn't going to be in the game at launch then there is no need to say that it would be in the game at launch.

Also Indie games generally don't cost 60 dollars. Minecraft pretty much costs like 20 bucks and it's way more expansive than No Man's Sky with the possibilities and mods.

I didn't buy into the hype but the game held my interest, but they sold this game as something it wasn't.

But this is the exact definition go false advertising. They lied about the ways you could play the game. I don't have an exact source, but Sean did say you could play this entire game from your starship, which is a lie. The whole faction allegiance system does not exist and i'm sure there's more that I've just forgotten.

I'm not hating on the game, but it's just shocking that so much more was supposed to be there.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I'm looking forward to the base building and stuff, but I just wish getting a half decent ship was possible without selling loads of bypass chips or grinding for hours
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    I'm looking forward to the base building and stuff, but I just wish getting a half decent ship was possible without selling loads of bypass chips or grinding for hours

Same here. Honestly I've upgraded the trash out of my mid level ship right now (18 slots) I can't see ever getting rid of her. She is Bae now. Lol. Tier 3 hyperdrive and really high powered photon cannon XD. I also found a planet where I Made 11,000,000 in under an hour. It was amazingly **** XD

I definitely understand all the hatred etc. I was not involved in the hype at all. Literally what I knew was
    "Massive Space exploration game."

So I bought it and I'm thoroughly enjoying the chill-ness of it :-)
  • I played it for hours the first few days but to me all the planets seemed pretty much exactly the same but different colors. If you land on a planet and spin in a circle you've pretty much seen the whole planet in my opinion. Can someone say if it gets more diverse as you go? Cause it really made me lose interest. How much more to the game is there than discovering the same types of buildings and monoliths on similar planets? I wanna play it but when ever I go to turn it on I just can't get myself interested.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar

• Sounds like a giant back stab
  • Just read some reviews and watched some gameplay...
    To those who played it, is it really a major letdown?
    Experience outranks everything
  • Wolffe2100 wrote: »
    Just read some reviews and watched some gameplay...

According to my brother there was a lot of things that were promised, but didn't happen. He has 87 hours logged in though so if you follow the $1/hr theory it is probably worth it.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Just read some reviews and watched some gameplay...

If you followed the hype, yes. If you were smart enough not to buy into the hype or pre-order the game, no.

There's a lot things that the devs promised but never delivered.
  • Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    Still enjoying :-)
  • Trooper8059
    10197 posts Member
    Things are finally looking to be shaping up for No Man's Sky. Kudos to the developers for sticking it out.
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • EA_Cian
    1225 posts EA Staff (retired)
    While the upcoming updates to NMS look fantastic, let's please not revive a 2-year-old thread. Thanks. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!