criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Obi-Wan With Uneven Ground is the Most Powerful Star Wars Character

SorenTheSage
576 posts Member
edited August 2016
Going off of his battles, Obi-Wan is unbeatable while on uneven ground, always loses on even ground, and ties when both sides are on uneven ground. Obi-Wan had 7 major battles in the movies, 3 of which he won while on uneven ground, 3 were lost on even ground, and one was a draw due to Jango also being on uneven ground.
Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul - Won
Obi-Wan vs Jango Fett - Draw
Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku - Lost
Obi-Wan vs Count Dooku (Eps 3) - Lost
Obi-Wan vs General Grevious - Win
Obi-Wan vs Anakin Skywalker - Win
Obi-Wan vs Darth Vader - Lost
This makes me believe Obi-Wan is the most powerful character in the movies, since he managed to take out Darth Maul as a padawan, as well as killing the Jedi slayer, Grevious. He also defeated Dark Side Anakin despite both appearing equal.

Thoughts?
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn

Replies

• thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Obi-Wan is an excellent sword fighter, but I think it has not much to do with the ground, more with the character of his opponents. You forgot btw Mace Windu who won against Darth Sidious. Here I am still not sure if Palpatine let Mace Windu win. Palpatine won against Yoda and he is stronger than Obi-Wan. Darth Sidious is in my opinion the strongest from the movies.
    Obi Wan seems to be strong after your theory against opponents with an unstable character.He would then snack Kylo ;)
    4oEtTHz.png
  • JamesP
    547 posts Member
    You forgot his career highlight victory against Ponda Baba on even ground
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Going off of his battles, Obi-Wan is unbeatable while on uneven ground, always loses on even ground, and ties when both sides are on uneven ground. Obi-Wan had 7 major battles in the movies, 3 of which he won while on uneven ground, 3 were lost on even ground, and one was a draw due to Jango also being on uneven ground.
    This makes me believe Obi-Wan is the most powerful character in the movies, since he managed to take out Darth Maul as a padawan, as well as killing the Jedi slayer, Grevious. He also defeated Dark Side Anakin despite both appearing equal.

Thoughts?

That was more when he was in his prime.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • JamesP wrote: »
    You forgot his career highlight victory against Ponda Baba on even ground

Not much of a victory when Ponda got sucker punched by Ben and wasn't dead.
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • Darkaid wrote: »

Thoughts?

Obi-Wan, not Old Ben.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    Darkaid wrote: »

Thoughts?

Obi-Wan, not Old Ben.

You put in his loss against Vader, though
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
  • Darkaid wrote: »

Thoughts?

Obi-Wan, not Old Ben.

Because why not? In or out, it doesn't change anything.
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member

Thoughts?

Obi-Wan, not Old Ben.

Because why not? In or out, it doesn't change anything.

So, then it's Old Ben and when he was young. I just said that it was more when he was in his prime. This conversation makes no sense
  • Well, boba fett fought mace to a draw with a lightsaber at the age of 12....
  • bfloo
    14788 posts Member
    Obi-Wan is an excellent sword fighter, but I think it has not much to do with the ground, more with the character of his opponents. You forgot btw Mace Windu who won against Darth Sidious. Here I am still not sure if Palpatine let Mace Windu win. Palpatine won against Yoda and he is stronger than Obi-Wan. Darth Sidious is in my opinion the strongest from the movies.
    Obi Wan seems to be strong after your theory against opponents with an unstable character.He would then snack Kylo ;)

I don't think Mace won, I think Sidious played possum to turn Anakin.

Darth Sidious took down 3 council members in seconds, I think he would be best duelist.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

I don't think Mace won, I think Sidious played possum to turn Anakin.

Darth Sidious took down 3 council members in seconds, I think he would be best duelist.

Yeah that's what I think as well :) Also I think Mace is dead, Sidious doesn't make half things.
    4oEtTHz.png