criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. We have made a few adjustments to help eliminate spam and fake accounts. Starting today to participate in discussions, you must own Star Wars Battlefront and have a linked EA account. If you're having issues posting but do own the game, log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

My dream game

So hey guys, I thought of an idea I would think might be an awesome idea, so hear me out. So if Disney and Lucas approve of this and if DICE ever wanted to do this for maybe Battlefront 3 or 4, they could a version of the old republic. Maybe Bioware can help make this. Yea the clone wars would awesome, but we seen that already kinda. Sure the old republic has had games already but not part of the battlefront genre, people really know more about the story before the clone wars and the prequels. So what they can do is that the normal soldiers that we would normally play as is now Jedi or sith. The R2 button would be the basic Luke attacks just copied and pasted a bit. The Star cards could be different force attacks or even light saber moves. The maps could include Coruscant, Korriban (my favorite), Tython, Hutta, and etc. Still trying to figure out how to implement smugglers and bounty hunters. Maybe a power up for Jedi and sith. See in this game customization should be the game's jewel. So you pick the race and clothing you want and such. You also could have a way to customize the bounty hunters when you pick up said power up. Heroes and villains is tricky because of the legends and canon universe, but if one day they choose to make most of the old republic canon (hopefully), they could do malgus, revan, satele shan,Kao Cen Darach . This does not need to tie in to the old republic games, like how the current battlefront has the characters and such but are not like sequels to the movies, like Greedo on Sullust vs Luke, (that i know of though) :) . For vehicles, they can look in the old republic mmo data base and see them and pick out which stands out. See the game can do so much. Back to star cards, they can use the ones we have already, and add the ones i mentioned earlier. They can do a form of speeders, i always noticed a shortage of them in battlefront. There is so much they can do with customization and everything. This game can boost up sales for the MMO version. They can get players and star wars fans intrigued in to the old republic. Well single player, hmm. See the thing is, I think Missions should appear in this version, but an actual story based campaign, i don't think it would be a good idea since there already is a old republic game which is an mmo. They can do Battles and skirmish, but no survival unless they figure a way to do it, i suggest to stay away. They can bring back a lot of modes such as supremacy, turning point, blast. Alot of modes can be used, except Walker Assault, unless they find something to replace the walker. I know i should talk about weapons, but all they could do is look in the database for the mmo game and just tweak it a bit. So point of view could be third person, but if your playing as Jedi with a saber in first person it wouldn't really be exciting, so it should focus more to third person. They can add first person when you play as a bounty hunter. Well this my game. So hope this got you thinking.

Replies

• Darkaid
    8963 posts Member
    Rakata Prime is canon now, so Disney is doing something with the Old Republic.
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher. Hera Syndulla - Spectre 2 - Pilot of the Ghost

"[Cross-era] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • that is pretty cool
  • My dream game would have the Clone Wars, GCW, and maybe the Old Republic era. Disney really needs to bring some more Old Republic stuff into canon though if they're gonna include TOR in anything.
    PSN: Bucman55 "The ability to speak does not make you intellegent."
    vmLYTJW.png
    "[Cross-Era play] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • I'm sorry, but tl;dr for me.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • TheStalker88
    4708 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My dream game would be fully explorable Bespin and Corussant and other large cities in gta type game where you could play as Boba Fett or other bounty hunters or Jedi/Sith out to tip the balance of the force.
  • Darkaid
    8963 posts Member
    My dream game would be fully explorable Bespin and Corussant and other large cities in gta type game where you could play as Boba Fett or other bounty hunters or Jedi/Sith out to tip the balance of the force.

Coruscant* Sorry. I had to.
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher. Hera Syndulla - Spectre 2 - Pilot of the Ghost

"[Cross-era] would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bfloo
    5379 posts Member

+1
  • TheStalker88
    4708 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    *Coruscant
  • Trooper8059
    8867 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    My dream game is a space combat oriented game, where you can fight in battles between tons of ships, and destroy them form the inside and outside, or perhaps even hijack it and turn it against their allies.

I just want some epic Capital Ship battles from up close. For me it would be super cool to hop in the middle of match, spawn on a capital ship, and then suddenly here the alarms go on, the lights go dim, and the admiral yelling to prepare for landing parties.

PSN: Trooper8059
    For my ally is The Force, and a powerful ally it is.
    59321e0c4db7a968718825.gif
  • These are some really good ideas people.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    My dream game is a smugger-themed game where you can spend hours upon hours making deals, running smuggling missions, and building your own galactic crime syndicate.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    My dream game is a smugger-themed game where you can spend hours upon hours making deals, running smuggling missions, and building your own galactic crime syndicate.

Not a bad idea. A game that I would like, but would feel off is one where you could pirate ships both Rebel and Empire and you could explore planets and there is missions on each one and they are random so there is always something to do. Also you could choose to train and use a lightsaber or could continue to use a blaster or go in between. Basically an ultimate sandbox sw game during the GCW.
    dq8iS1t.gif
  • So hey guys and i just checked back on this thread, and now they recently revealed the sequel to Battlefront, how do you guys feel?
  • TheStalker88
    4708 posts Member
    edited June 7
    1313 would be an awesome game to play. Young Boba on his path to becoming a great bounty hunter in a harsh and unforgivable underworld. Would Dsiney give this M rated game a pass?
  • I don't really have a "dream game," but I would love to see Star Wars: Empire at War 2 happen one day. I love the first one and its expansion, Forces of Corruption. Although after all of these years I've come to love the mods (Stargate, Halo, etc.) more.
  • WodiQuix
    3269 posts Member
    edited June 18
    My dream game would be a new Republic Commando game, where the story focuses on a new squad of clone commandos (not like Delta Squad), beginning at their training on Kamino and deployment​ to Geonosis (not the same as Delta Squad's), and then progressing through the war and showing them developing as a squad. The campaign would explore the intensive training of the clones, their loyalty and brotherhood towards one another, their thoughts about the Jedi, their place in the galaxy, and the war (many of their beliefs may alter), and their strategies for coping with the more gritty side of the Clone Wars, hopefully bringing many aspects of the Republic Commando novels into canon. One mission would even have them working with Delta Squad. Some of these themes were explored in the Clone Wars TV series, but not in great detail.
    Every soldier has a story.
  • WodiQuix
    3269 posts Member
    edited June 18
    Adding to my post. At the beginning of the game, the clone commando squad would be the generic silver gray, but as the war progressed, the squad would customize their armor with paint jobs. The game would have cinematic cutscenes and choose-your-moments that would impact the story. It would be much, much longer than the current Republic Commando game.
    Every soldier has a story.
  • Vespervin wrote: »
    I don't really have a "dream game," but I would love to see Star Wars: Empire at War 2 happen one day. I love the first one and its expansion, Forces of Corruption. Although after all of these years I've come to love the mods (Stargate, Halo, etc.) more.

Actually, I do have a dream game. It's called Star Wars Galaxies. Seeing this being brought back but with modern graphics yet with the same kind of gameplay and everything else as before would be perfect. Even more so if different servers had different versions of the game (pre-CU, CU, NGE). Then we could truly see what people preferred.
  • kylenpain
    459 posts Member
    edited June 22
    wow did my post get deleted?
  • @ThePoolshark yo do u know what happened to my comment? it said something about approving it after i edited it?
  • bfloo
    5379 posts Member
    kylenpain wrote: »

I think it is a forum glitch
  • bfloo wrote: »

I think it is a forum glitch
    lol wow bogus typed 2 paragraphs for nothing
  • ThePoolshark
    2412 posts 1st Order Mod
    edited June 22
    @ThePoolshark yo do u know what happened to my comment? it said something about approving it after i edited it?

from the way it looks, if you edit a comment too many times, it gets caught in a spam queue and i have to go look for it to approve it

will look for it when i get home
    The greatest moderator that EA has ever had.
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    @ThePoolshark yo do u know what happened to my comment? it said something about approving it after i edited it?

from the way it looks, if you edit a comment too many times, it gets caught in a spam queue and i have to go look for it to approve it

will look for it when i get home

thanks bruv u da man