criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Has anyone noticed...

The large influx of bacta/disruption/berserker/es/dh-17/jumppack users? I seem to be landing in servers teeming with them, and my Scatter/Cycle loadout can only crutch so much. Is it just my bad luck?
tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif

Replies

• Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    I've noticed a lot of Bacta Bomb. I wish there was a patch so there wouldn't be the invincibility cloud anymore.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • No I agree with you. I mainly play OR anymore and I have had to switch to the dh17 during some rounds because my A280C can't keep up close range. I use my main hand and keep disruption in my 2nd hand to combat disruption. Jump pack use to not bother me that much but it seems like it's become an annoyance.
  • Darkaid wrote: »
    I've noticed a lot of Bacta Bomb. I wish there was a patch so there wouldn't be the invincibility cloud anymore.

I feel you there. Just earlier this doofus would get close, throw bacta down, then mow me while I can do nothing. Emotes me. Pathetic.
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • Darkaid
    9643 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Darkaid wrote: »

I feel you there. Just earlier this doofus would get close, throw bacta down, then mow me while I can do nothing. Emotes me. Pathetic.

I hate when that happens. Especially when I use more skill than them and don't use overpowered Star Cards.
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • [Deleted User]
    3906 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Yes, and the bacta bomb gets exploited all the time with it's invincibility. It seems everytime I'm about to get into a gun fight, somebody throws down a bacta bomb and become invincible so they can win. I perfer Jump-Pack with scatter gun/cycler rifle so I'm clean ;)
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Played last night, surprisingly I didn't see anyone abusing BB.
  • For me it happens in waves, and typically on the weekends, so suspect it's parties or clans. If so, I finish the match, restart the game... problem is usually solved.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    Played last night, surprisingly I didn't see anyone abusing BB.

Was it HvV? I never understand why somebody carries Bacta in that mode. 80% of the Hero abilities OHK bacta users.
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • At least people aren't complaining about shield ;)
  • thedrum808 wrote: »
    At least people aren't complaining about shield ;)

Because I can just easily pop it with my Ion Grenade.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Bacta - still the bane of our collective existence. I don't have a prob with a card that heals you, just with a card that heals you that much AND gives temporary invincibility. Super lame.
  • The way I combat this is with a straight grenadier hand. Explosive shot, barrage and impact grenades.
  • Bacta - still the bane of our collective existence. I don't have a prob with a card that heals you, just with a card that heals you that much AND gives temporary invincibility. Super lame.
    The thing that makes me mad is that this card was meant to encourage team play, but the way it is used discourages team play.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Bacta - still the bane of our collective existence. I don't have a prob with a card that heals you, just with a card that heals you that much AND gives temporary invincibility. Super lame.
    The thing that makes me mad is that this card was meant to encourage team play, but the way it is used discourages team play.

I hope that when they play test things in the future, they try their hardest to break the game and abuse things so they can catch stuff like this before it gets out.
    I usually use it to heal people I find it fun to play medic.
    dq8iS1t.gif

Agreed. If it was used as intended it would be great.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    Bacta - still the bane of our collective existence. I don't have a prob with a card that heals you, just with a card that heals you that much AND gives temporary invincibility. Super lame.

I hope that when they play test things in the future, they try their hardest to break the game and abuse things so they can catch stuff like this before it gets out.

Yeah. I couldn't have said it better.
  • Linge1416 wrote: »

I'm sure that was their intent...to bring the BF4 type medic to the SW world. Instead it has enhanced the lone wolf player.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Whodunnit
    5553 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Piscettios wrote: »
    Linge1416 wrote: »

I'm sure that was their intent...to bring the BF4 type medic to the SW world. Instead it has enhanced the lone wolf player.

What if they change it to can't self heal? Or only 50% max?
    Battlefront II has a 45.8% chance of success.
    sfg04pfx1l31.gif
  • Piscettios wrote: »

I disagree.
  • Piscettios wrote: »

There is no team play to this game. They didn't even put built in mic system in the game for team play to be possible. who goes around text chatting everything. by the time you send it the info is useless.
  • Shraknle wrote: »

There is no team play to this game. They didn't even put built in mic system in the game for team play to be possible. who goes around text chatting everything. by the time you send it the info is useless.

I might be the odd one out, but I am glad there isn't a mic system I don't want to mute everyone I find annoying.
    dq8iS1t.gif

• Darkaid wrote: »
    Darkaid wrote: »

I hate when that happens. Especially when I use more skill than them and don't use overpowered Star Cards.

It's absolutely disgusting. I was in a match of cargo, and almost the ENTIRE enemy team had the stupid disruption, berserker, BB combo. Some had CA's, one had the explosive shot with the DH-17. And they all emoted like they were too good. I mean, if you kill me justly, then emote away. But if you either kill me after i dusted 3 of your team mates, one of your buds assist you in a 1v1 you would've lost, or you use some ****-**** cards, then just shut up and get good before you mock someone else, since you rely soooooo much on these to do anything.
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
  • bfloo
    15027 posts Member
    Shraknle wrote: »

I might be the odd one out, but I am glad there isn't a mic system I don't want to mute everyone I find annoying.

As much as a mic system would help, I usually turn it off within 10 minutes on other games. I suspect this would be more of the usual trolls.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Shraknle wrote: »

As much as a mic system would help, I usually turn it off within 10 minutes on other games. I suspect this would be more of the usual trolls.

Exactly.
    dq8iS1t.gif