criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Hutt Contracts - How do I complete "Defense Events"?

Hi all,

With a few of the Hutt Contracts, you need to complete some 10 "Uplink Defense Events", or "Generator Defense Events". How do you complete them? Defend until the Y-wings come, or until the Generator is saved?

Is there a place that describes the details of what each Hutt Contract requires? I find some of the task names to be empty in clarification of what needs to be done.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• You need to stand near the generator and kill an enemy from there. Same with the uplinks.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    You have to get kills while standing near the objective.
  • Firety2812
    268 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    For the rebels when the Uplink is active or the generator is primed, kill imperials.
    I'm not too sure for the Imperials.
    I hope I've helped.
    But... y tho?
  • Ryanoceros wrote: »
    You need to stand near the generator and kill an enemy from there. Same with the uplinks.

This. Relatively easy overall, and you'll be done before you know it.
  • With rebels the objective needs to be active. On sabotage the bomb has to be active. On walker assault the uplink needs to be on. With imperials the objective needs to be deactivated. If those things are true and you are standing near it, kills will activate the defense event.

If the objective finishes you won't get it. On sabotage that's when the bomb blows up. On walker assault that's when the Y wing indicator shows up. If this happens move on to the next objective. On sabotage if all 3 are done it's too late and you have to wait until the next match. That means if sabotage is at the point where the rebels have to defend their extraction point, it's too late.

You'll know it when you get it as it will show in white text when you get a kill. If you don't see that, you aren't standing close enough. Assists don't count.
  • Uplink defense is simple on Sullust. Just use one of the gun turrets next to the second uplink inside the hallway.
  • Uplink defense is simple on Sullust. Just use one of the gun turrets next to the second uplink inside the hallway.

Good Show. Guess it would work with any of the Walker Assault Maps.
  • How close? I've done it only a few steps away and I get no credit for it.
  • How close? I've done it only a few steps away and I get no credit for it.

Yeah, me too. I was standing next to the uplink, yup, next to it, and I killed two imperials trying to deactivate the links using the scattergun and the contract got no update or whatsoever. But in the last uplink I was standing pretty far away from the uplink and I still got the uplink defended event.
  • MWB33
    1402 posts Member
    @DarkDuneMRK

As others have said, you have to be near the item in question. As for how close, if you were able to put a squad shield right on top of the generator/uplink/shipment, then stay within the circumference of the shield. You can get defense events for either faction. Rebels - get the kill while the uplink/generator bomb is active. Imperials - get kills while not active. Now for what will help you the most...

Turrets, droids, & proxy bombs are you best friends!! If you're within the designated radius of the device for a defense, then it does NOT matter how you get the kill. Run around and collect power ups, then deploy them. Put a turret/droid/proxy/trip mine in a high traffic area, and then retreat to stand next to the device. Said item gets kill + you next to device = defense event kill.

Meanwhile, make sure you've got a bubble popping card with you (slug thrower, cycler, ion grenade, Bo-Rifle, etc...) to take out anyone approaching you while camped next to the generator/uplink.

Employ both of these tactics and you'll be able to pull off those Hutt Contracts and in-game Achievements more often.
  • How can I ever unlock the ee4 if there are no games available? Nobody is playing sabotage. Also, the season pass game modes should be available to all now so people will play all of the different maps. You have to go in to bespin and specifically select sabotage.

Its going to be real frustrating to not be able to unlock the ee4 because no one is playing sabotage anymore. Is there a fix or workaround for SPECIFICALLY the generator defense requirement?
  • MWB33
    1402 posts Member
    @Pardonkulous - platform?

If on console, then you should be able to find matches rather easily, especially in evenings and weekends. PC, then all I can say is to do what you already did, start a thread trying to gather some help for it. Bonus points going on right now, so hopefully you can get enough matches and events to unlock it.
  • How can I ever unlock the ee4 if there are no games available? Nobody is playing sabotage. Also, the season pass game modes should be available to all now so people will play all of the different maps. You have to go in to bespin and specifically select sabotage.

Its going to be real frustrating to not be able to unlock the ee4 because no one is playing sabotage anymore. Is there a fix or workaround for SPECIFICALLY the generator defense requirement?

I agree I was trying to get that achievement and couldn't find anyone online to play with. Lmk if you find any way around it.

I agree I was trying to get that achievement and couldn't find anyone online to play with. Lmk if you find any way around it.

Me too! What the solution???
  • Necro
  • I forgot how cool Hutt Contracts were. If only this game could have had them too :(
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • Necro

Big time lol. Still, I'd like Hutt contracts to come back
  • IIPrest0nII
    5172 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Moved to SWBF I section. Also, closed due to necro.
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Forums Moderator
This discussion has been closed.