criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Bacta Nerf Thoughts?

SupremeBruin
125 posts Member
edited September 2016
Thoughts on the Bacta Nerf?

nRUfvat.jpg

We feeling like this?
5fFWu7s.gif

or like this?

LIuCFAO.gif

Replies

• Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Deserved! "Git gud!"
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • It was necessary.
    440.gif
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    It will still insta heal players. Only the immortality is gone.
    Insta heal was a problem in SWBF2 and will still be a problem in Battlefront until fixed.

Why does Bacta heal instantly anyway? When Luke got his hand chopped of by vader he had to heal slowly over time while in that Bacta tank.
  • They really dropped the axe on bacta. It got triple-nerfed... that was way more than was needed. It's gonna be like the homing shot - everyone used it, then it got nerfed to oblivion, now no one will use it. They went way too far.. should have just removed the temporary invincibility and left it otherwise the same.
    Check out the Battlefront PC Discord: https://discord.gg/ddB5F5P
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Rulerof52 wrote: »
    They really dropped the axe on bacta. It got triple-nerfed... that was way more than was needed. It's gonna be like the homing shot - everyone used it, then it got nerfed to oblivion, now no one will use it. They went way too far.. should have just removed the temporary invincibility and left it otherwise the same.
    Dotty wrote: »
    Insta heal was a problem in SWBF2 and will still be a problem in Battlefront until fixed.

Why does Bacta heal instantly anyway? When Luke got his hand chopped of by vader he had to heal slowly over time while in that Bacta tank.

• Although it wasn't abused that much, it was needed.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    Although it wasn't abused that much, it was needed.

Wasnt abused that much?! It was abused in 95% of the games i played and is the reason I stopped playing, this nerf was not just needed, this nerf is righteous.
  • zoodc
    1958 posts Member
    dwight_yes.gif
    Hooray!
  • Dotty wrote: »

He clearly wrote that the healing will not be instant, plus taking any damage whatsoever will stop the healing effect... Good changes IMO, I'm liking this already :smiley: >>

giphy.gif
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Balmain24 wrote: »

He clearly wrote that the healing will not be instant, plus taking any damage whatsoever will stop the healing effect... Good changes IMO, I'm liking this already :smiley: >>

giphy.gif
    No he didnt clearly say say yhat insta healing was gone. He said the 30 extra points eould be a heal over time. I was confused about the wording so I Twerted and asked about the insta heal.

INSTA HEAL is still in the game.

Bacta will still insta heal you to baseline health. If you want the 30 extra points you will have to stand in the dloud and wait.

• Dotty wrote: »

giphy.gif
    No he didnt clearly say say yhat insta healing was gone. He said the 30 extra points eould be a heal over time. I was confused about the wording so I Twerted and asked about the insta heal.

Maybe we both have different definitions of "over time" and "instant". Anyway, as long as people don't get the option to spam bacta to be in a god mode cloud, that's fine by me.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016

giphy.gif

Maybe we both have different definitions of "over time" and "instant". Anyway, as long as people don't get the option to spam bacta to be in a god mode cloud, that's fine by me.
    Its in the tweet by the op.... The 30 point bonus health will now be given to you overtime

Thoughts on the Bacta Nerf?

nRUfvat.jpg

We feeling like this?
    5fFWu7s.gif

or like this?

LIuCFAO.gif

• Why so many .gif?
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Why so many .gif?
    IKR lol I coudnt figure out what was what while posting so I left hem in. They all said imgur... lol

• stevenomes wrote: »
    Why so many .gif?

Way too many long quotes :joy:

• Liking it...alot.

no more turdbags doing the bacta-drop-n-roll tactic. It's maybe more annoying than drop shooters in other games.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Bacta as a whole should heal overtime, that's the only thing keeping adrenaline rush from being broken; because it takes time and is delayed by damage.

People can still throw it down on sight to give them their health back, or throw it down when getting sniped to negate the whole situation. Once again, how many open multiplayer games let you just revert back to full health no matter what at the drop of an item. They removed 2/3 of the broken aspects of an ability they shouldn't have released. There's still one left.
    IKR lol I coudnt figure out what was what while posting so I left hem in. They all said imgur... lol

It's amusing how consistently you struggle with words.
  • Being someone who has used Bacta since day one of its release I have to say that I completely agree with these nerfs, it's overpowered, not afraid to admit it. Does anyone know if it will still insta heal you to 100 health (then the 30 is ticked on)? Anyway, I think it's a great idea and I'll still use it if it insta heals you to 100
  • I think this Nerf is perfect. As someone who hates bacta, this will be totally fine with me :-)
    May the force be with you.
  • Instant self heal.....just poor pißss poor
  • Well done nerf and necessary. I can't tell you how many times I got into a 1v1 and lose because they used BB invincibility. Also glad that the additional 30 health is not only not instant but stops once you take a hit.
  • Perfect in my opinion. Anyway we can get the spawn in invincibility stuff to go away too? If you want to partner spawn in the middle of a gunfight, you should take damage just like everyone else.
  • Perfect in my opinion. Anyway we can get the spawn in invincibility stuff to go away too? If you want to partner spawn in the middle of a gunfight, you should take damage just like everyone else.

I second that.

• Balmain24 wrote: »
    Perfect in my opinion. Anyway we can get the spawn in invincibility stuff to go away too? If you want to partner spawn in the middle of a gunfight, you should take damage just like everyone else.

I second that.

Agreed.
  • Perfect
    Official member of The Second Hand Club™

Proceed with the countdown!

giphy.gif
  • No reason for invincibility but aside from that i have never once thought soneone was OP because of bacta. Lets hooe you all are on board with a similar ES and disruption nerf/removal.
  • Well now they have nerfed the dl18. It was the only good gun against 130hp bacta player as the ttk would not change for 100hp on bodyshots. Well, now they have to buff it. HAVE TO.

But anyway this was well deserved, and will now make people want to use it out of combat, rather than a I win ability used mid-firefight.
  • This is what it should have been in the first place, at the least.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Jokeronu wrote: »
    Well now they have nerfed the dl18. It was the only good gun against 130hp bacta player as the ttk would not change for 100hp on bodyshots. Well, now they have to buff it. HAVE TO.

But anyway this was well deserved, and will now make people want to use it out of combat, rather than a I win ability used mid-firefight.

Dl_18 is a great gun.
  • Jaywal wrote: »
    I think this Nerf is perfect. As someone who hates bacta, this will be totally fine with me :-)

It looks like Battlefront Updates will be upset ;)
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • This is already applied or it will be applied on future updates?
  • Dogzilla
    389 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Finally, only took them 3 months.
    Good riddance invincibility exploiters, welcome to death.
    Darknast wrote: »
    This is already applied or it will be applied on future updates?

In the next patch/update