criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

[Feedback/Forum] Some problems or bugs.

IIPrest0nII
4303 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
edited October 2015
Hello
I want to report about forum bugs here, because I can't see "feedback section" or something like (Special for Forum) .

At the moment I have few problems:
1) I can't find "Forum" button on main page Star Wars Battlefront http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
2) When I open topic in new window (Right-click and select open link in new window) and the page is showing me that I don't have permission (Access Denied).
f6c2f4943f46f2a45b4d8cf5fdcb8aa9.png
SWBF Forums Senior Moderator/ Check out the forum rules & guidelines

Replies

• I cannot scroll down to read all the comments, nor can I find the Reply box at the bottom because of this. Using Firefox.
  • How do I change my name from tawswbf? As I want to make another account for that, but I do not want it as my personal account. I want that to be Witness
  • Scrolling down thru replies isnt working
  • DCephus wrote: »
    Scrolling down thru replies isnt working

I've noticed simply refreshing the page or clicking "forums" and making my way back to the topic fixes the issue.
  • Ok will try that thanks
  • Hello
    I want to report about forum bugs here, because I can't see "feedback section" or something like (Special for Forum) .

1) I can't find "Forum" button on main page Star Wars Battlefront http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront
    2) When I open topic in new window (Right-click and select open link in new window) and the page is showing me that I don't have permission (Access Denied).

1.) You will only see the forums option on the top of the page for English speaking pages. Currently the forums are only available in North America.

2.) This is a known issue, working to resolve
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • IIPrest0nII
    Hello

1.) You will only see the forums option on the top of the page for English speaking pages. Currently the forums are only available in North America.

2.) This is a known issue, working to resolve

Hello.
    Yes, now I can see "Forums" button. Also, If I will be know about other bugs or problems, I'll let you know here.
    Thank you for attention! :)
  • IIPrest0nII
    tawswbf wrote: »
    How do I change my name from tawswbf? As I want to make another account for that, but I do not want it as my personal account. I want that to be Witness

@tawswbf If you want to change your nickname, you need to go to EA/Origin Account Settings. More info : https://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-change-your-origin-id/
  • I cannot scroll down to read all the comments, nor can I find the Reply box at the bottom because of this. Using Firefox.

This is known - we're looking at it! Thanks for letting us know though.

Community Manager at DICE working with Star Wars Battlefront, Battlefield and Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

Same here, using Chrome though
  • Flunksch
    22 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    I guess as of know this is the only feedback for forum thread there is and instead of creating a new I think of writing in this. If there is a thread for this feel free to move this.

We need lots of more categories(in my opinion). I guess the mods is already aware of this but i'll list some i think we need.

- Help (theres already a lot of threads for this in the general and pc section)(or maybe call it Question area w/e)
    - Not sure here but the entire 'off topic' could be splitted into a lot of other categories instead of just 1 big one, such as SW movies, SW lore and Other games(more?)
    - A cateogry for 'welcomes' as we gonna se ALOT of those I think.
    - And the classic for each gametype etc.

Also an idea from the marvel heroes:There was a 'like' 'agree' disagree''LOL' and such buttons. I found those really funny, while I know they can create some bad situations i felt they mostly did it good.

There can be only one Flunksch.
  • IIPrest0nII
    Flunksch wrote: »
    I guess as of know this is the only feedback for forum thread there is and instead of creating a new I think of writing in this. If there is a thread for this feel free to move this.

We need lots of more categories(in my opinion). I guess the mods is already aware of this but i'll list some i think we need.

- Help (theres already a lot of threads for this in the general and pc section)(or maybe call it Question area w/e)
    - Not sure here but the entire 'off topic' could be splitted into a lot of other categories instead of just 1 big one, such as SW movies, SW lore and Other games(more?)

Also an idea from the marvel heroes:There was a 'like' 'agree' disagree''LOL' and such buttons. I found those really funny, while I know they can create some bad situations i felt they mostly did it good.

- Help: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/categories/technical-help-issues
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Battlefront/ct-p/star-wars-battlefront-en
  • Flunksch wrote: »

- Help: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums/categories/technical-help-issues

Okay thanks! Just weird - i cannot see the Technical help category. The Answer I honestly didnt know about. Thanks :)
    There can be only one Flunksch.
  • IIPrest0nII

Okay thanks! Just weird - i cannot see the Technical help category. The Answer I honestly didnt know about. Thanks :)

No problem B)
  • kellar
    490 posts Member
    I get alot of 403 errors and "you're not allowed to do that" when editing my posts.
    DID I TELL YOU THAT I REALLY LOVE TAYLOR SWIFT ???! #ANewEra
    76561198071153223.png
  • SnipedArm
    426 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    Not really a forum bug but i'm stuck connecting to my EA profile at the top right of this website.
    peGKOIO.png
    #ForumFront
    #ANewEra
  • IIPrest0nII
    SnipedArm wrote: »
    Not really a forum bug but i'm stuck connecting to my EA profile at the top right of this website.
    peGKOIO.png

Yes, it happens for few seconds for me.
  • Mine has been stuck connecting
    #ForumFront
    #ANewEra
  • Sometimes when I click the little globe to view my notifications I'm told that I do not have permission to access it. Reloading the page fixes it for me.
    Failed to connect to EA Online.
  • kellar
    490 posts Member
    Spamming the edit button makes it open more edit windows
    a08d1ef3abb0037d2b4fd15d4da5d3e7.gif
    76561198071153223.png
  • Propofolkills
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2015
    All the same terrible people from Battlelog like me seem to be posting here now. Can you fix this?
    PSN: Propofolkills
    I can help you improve your K/D in ways you've never thought of.
  • All the same terrible people from Battlelog like me seem to be posting here now. Can you fix this?

#ForumFront
    #ANewEra
  • Sadly this one has a post count which make it infinite times better than blog
    76561198071153223.png

Same here, using Chrome though

Same here, using firefox
  • IIPrest0nII
    I think this topic can be relevant. If no, mod team can close it.
  • I was using Firefox and changed over to Internet Explorer and had no issues.