criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• ie-gunner
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Death Star dlc is desperately needed for Skirmish mode, every game in battle station is the same couple of guys dominating in the air,lucky to stay alive long enough to get 1 or 2 kills then its repawn time, and dont get me started on the grenade/barrage spam in Blast maps.
    Also selecting Fighter Squadron in Death Star playlist sent me into Jundland Wastes Map. Lots of frame rate drops too in Battle Station all phases.
  • Add new Hero Ships to Skirmish
    Add more modes for the Death Star
    Fix the Bugs in skirmish that have been there since day 1
    Nerf Disruption

The DLC is great but these things above are needed!
    May the force be with you Psn:CJS145 ;)
  • MecPlayer wrote: »
    "That's no moon" neither a dlc map. The leak of dlc content for the offline players make me feel robbed. Where is the death star in skirmish? I mean there is no need of a ATAT, but I think I'm talking in the name of every SW fan and battlefront palyer when i say "we want dlc maps offline".

Thanks.

100% agree
  • we need for skirmish i have terrible Internet @Sledgehammer70
  • Death Star is total junk. 3 levels. Heroes only playable on one, and then only if the rebels win the first round in the fighter section start round. Haven't seen any heroes this far besides the emperor. People paid money for this. More evidence not to buy any future versions.
  • @ThirdDegreePun I get what you said about Leia, my bad. Yeah that's actually a good idea
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • So it looks like the sandtrooper is now a customization option in addition to default skin on desert maps.

Please unlock the rebel fleet trooper as an option too and not make it bound to the dlc. I think if there's one default Rebel soldier skin everyone want that's the one.
  • Totally love Battle Station and the new maps! Amazing fun, and what a feeling to complete the trench run!! A few minor bugs, but I sense a patch coming soon! Love the Bodyguard-buff, My favourite trait got better! Love the changes in FS as well. It got a lot more interesting!
  • evans03079
    167 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Death Star is the worst DLC to date and it was hyped up to be the best. Shame
  • Well, this is a feedback section, yes? Here is my neatly and politely listed feedback - whether or not it will get read by anyone that matters, I don't know. But, for what its worth... Help me, @FireWall... You are my only hope.
    • Starfighter Bugs/Issues:
      • TIE/IN lockons do not give warnings to rebel ships. Major problem in all flying modes.
      • TIE Defender/Bomber and B-wing/Y-wing are ridiculously overpowered. Not a nerf-call, just a request not to get insta-killed by an AI right from spawn. B/Y-wings are particularly over-powered.
      • Real TIE/IN pilots (doesn't apply to the AIs) barely show up on screen as red dots.
      • The Trench Run FS (haven't played the Blockade map) is even more rebel-biased than Vanilla FS.
      • Redundancy of wingmen... The only benefit they seem to have over normal ships is a slight health increase, but really not anything special, and certainly not enough to act as "guards" for they respective leaders.
      • Battle Station Phase 1 Rebel spawns. As much as I love the view, the 25 second X-wing trip makes it very difficult to play the objective.
      • Battle Station Phase 2 R2 player. I know this is difficult to monitor, but really your teams' whole fate depends on the guy getting R2. In the event a total noob gets him, you wind up losing 3 minutes while your favourite astromech spasmodically sprays out smoke while driving in an amusing circle.
      • Battle Station Phase 3 Rebel spawns, and role in general. Unfortunately there isn't all that much to do except watch you assigned pilots get blown apart by TIEs who spawn closer and more densely, while again you take the scenic route over Palpatines fully operational pet project. Should you actually reach the distressed pilot, there is still not much you can do. You'll simply get taken out by a stray TIE anyway, because they always seem to have 5 TIEs tailing the objective (then again, I was always top of the leaderboard - maybe my team was just not that good?)
      • NOTE: If these imbalances and kinks were ironed out, despite what everyone is saying I would vote Battle Station one of the top 4 game modes, easily. These problems just make it far too difficult to play the otherwise well-structured mode
    • Trait Issues:
      • Scout un-nerf. I am bewildered by the decision-making process that led to Scout being changed as it was, but seriously, it is pointless. On the off chance you DO make it to Level 2, 3 kills later you get rewarded by the enemy's radar blatantly letting your opponents know that there is a scout nearby. Sort of counter-productive, methinks...
      • NOTE: Good job with the other reworks though, all traits (bar Scout) are now practical.
    • Hero Issues/Bugs:
      • Chewie needs a slight speed increase. I know the speed is a counter for his sheer power, but his "power" only means anything if you can avoid, say, a thermal detonator... or even a dioxis grenade...
      • Chemie also has a painfully long delay between using his roar, and being able to fire. I'm talking losing 25-30 health because the bowcaster won't shoot.
      • NOTE: Again, good job with the heroes. These are the only issues I've found, and they both are pretty balanced - as in, excellent in some areas, and not so good in others. That's good. Chewie should never have been a smart choice on Jakku for example, but be a great one on Jundland Wastes there there is cover and corridors.

I'm sure there will be issues with new guns and such (the Heavy Repeater seems particularly potent), but the new Hutt Contracts force me to use things like the Dlt-19, one of my least favourite weapons, and so I haven't unlocked any yet.

So thats my list, what's everyone else got?
    All I am surrounded by is fear... and dead men.
  • As a lover of the Fighter Squadron Mode, I must say, thank you DICE. You have not forgotten about us. For the people that dont play FS, I am sorry, but we have been waiting for space battles for some time and we have received little love til now. If you guys dont like flying, you got 2 awesome new heroes, 2 new guns, a new star card and some GREAT changes to gameplay. Be thankful for what you have received. Also, practice flying, it has a larger learning curve than normal play. I hope you guys will learn to love it because the ability to interact with this moment in Star Wars history is EPIC and absolutely beautiful.
  • Matchmaking Suck :neutral:
    Star Wars Battlefront
  • Darthgriff wrote: »
    Death Star is total junk. 3 levels. Heroes only playable on one, and then only if the rebels win the first round in the fighter section start round. Haven't seen any heroes this far besides the emperor. People paid money for this. More evidence not to buy any future versions.

i will never buy EA crap again...this is a complete ***** scam
  • Why is fighter squadron in the 3 game modes with the Death Star rotation? Its Blast, Fighter Squadron, and Battle Station. Aerial combat is already part of Battle Station, don't need it in that rotation. Then Blast is the only other option for the rotation as well? Seems like sabotage would have been a better choice.
  • Kevdar85 wrote: »
    As a lover of the Fighter Squadron Mode, I must say, thank you DICE. You have not forgotten about us. For the people that dont play FS, I am sorry, but we have been waiting for space battles for some time and we have received little love til now. If you guys dont like flying, you got 2 awesome new heroes, 2 new guns, a new star card and some GREAT changes to gameplay. Be thankful for what you have received. Also, practice flying, it has a larger learning curve than normal play. I hope you guys will learn to love it because the ability to interact with this moment in Star Wars history is EPIC and absolutely beautiful.

I am glad they added space to FS, but it should not be in the Death Star rotation. The space map can be put in the standard FS rotation.
  • Are all of the new weapons, star cards, and Hutt contracts DLC only? Just wondering because they have the DLC game update and the vanilla game update included in the same post without really distinguishing the two.
  • Battle Station, Blast, Sabotage, Extraction, this should be the list of game modes when you play the Death Star DLC
  • I read that Red 5 and Vader's TIE advanced would be available in fighter squadron as well, but I'm having trouble finding them. The hero icon only gives me the two basic hero ships, not the two new ones. Did I read incorrectly or is there a new icon that I should look for?
    As a lover of the Fighter Squadron Mode, I must say, thank you DICE. You have not forgotten about us. For the people that dont play FS, I am sorry, but we have been waiting for space battles for some time and we have received little love til now. If you guys dont like flying, you got 2 awesome new heroes, 2 new guns, a new star card and some GREAT changes to gameplay. Be thankful for what you have received. Also, practice flying, it has a larger learning curve than normal play. I hope you guys will learn to love it because the ability to interact with this moment in Star Wars history is EPIC and absolutely beautiful.

I love flying, but this DLC is not well thought out as most of their dlc are. change this Nerf that ***** and fiddle with everything, if these DLCs rotated with the general maps it would be better, if there were no cheats even better, and bugs...well Dice breed their own....still cant play for it crashing.....utter *****
  • It takes too long to destroy the stardestroyer, its boring...
  • Unfortunately still no fix for the issue that only one Imperial skin is selected in skirmish. If we won't get proper skin selection in skirmish (which I wish we will get at some point) please fix at least this issue, so we can play as something other than regular stormtrooper in skirmish.
  • Gabinius wrote: »
    I read that Red 5 and Vader's TIE advanced would be available in fighter squadron as well, but I'm having trouble finding them. The hero icon only gives me the two basic hero ships, not the two new ones. Did I read incorrectly or is there a new icon that I should look for?

Are you playing online or Skirmish? I know for a fact that they are not in Skirmish, but I don't know about online.
  • Fighter Squadron is not as good as I would've hoped. When you are changing directions or following another fighter, it looks very warped and blurry. I'm not really a fan of the changeover from Fighter to suddenly inside the Death Star trying to extract R2.
    THE GREATEST STAR PILOT IN THE BATTLEFRONT UNIVERSE!!!!
  • I'm am mostly pleased by the new customization options (or lack thereof), but I'm disappointed by the lack of an Imperial gunner skin.
  • Why does Fighter Squadron get tied into Battle Station? Why can't the 2 be separate from one another like the other FS boards?
  • Mattdawg18 wrote: »
    Why does Fighter Squadron get tied into Battle Station? Why can't the 2 be separate from one another like the other FS boards?

This was my exact question with the Bespin DLC. It should not be in there with the Death Star rotation! Battle Station, Blast, Sabotage, and Extraction should be the rotation for Death Star.
  • Spegeli
    6 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This new DLC is a joke.
    Only 3 Modes and only 1 Map per Mode...

But yeah the Game is already "dead"...so why should they spend ressources on them...
    FettForMVP wrote: »
    Escape Artist has been made effectively useless. Berserker 50% damage boost from the hip on level 3? I shoot from the hip almost every time so OP. **** EA

I dont feel like Escape Artist is useless, it was hard to get kills with that 1 hit melee anyway, unless the opposite team was completely oblivious to their combat scanner. I do have to agree with you on the berserker trait though. If you aren't firing from the hip in Battlefront, you are doing something wrong. Aiming does not provide any accuracy bonus and it slows you down considerably. Although the damage bonus reaches 50% at rank 3 rather than the old 75% at rank 2, which could even it out. I can't really speculate too much about it anyway, haven't tried it yet.

Bro trait level 1 is a 5% boost.... if that isn't useless what is. Also the patch notes are a lie. Trait level 2 speed boost didn't used to be 25%.... That was level 1. Level 2 and 3 were 50%. What the heck is the matter with these people. They should have left the speed bonus and gotten rid of the melee bonus. Absolutely ridiculous.
  • HolgerL wrote: »
    Totally love Battle Station and the new maps! Amazing fun, and what a feeling to complete the trench run!! A few minor bugs, but I sense a patch coming soon! Love the Bodyguard-buff, My favourite trait got better! Love the changes in FS as well. It got a lot more interesting!

I think it was more of a nerf than a buff, friend. 10% damage reduction for level 1? I'd rather have the 30% explosive damage reduction.
  • FettForMVP wrote: »
    Kevdar85 wrote: »
    Escape Artist has been made effectively useless. Berserker 50% damage boost from the hip on level 3? I shoot from the hip almost every time so OP. **** EA

I dont feel like Escape Artist is useless, it was hard to get kills with that 1 hit melee anyway, unless the opposite team was completely oblivious to their combat scanner. I do have to agree with you on the berserker trait though. If you aren't firing from the hip in Battlefront, you are doing something wrong. Aiming does not provide any accuracy bonus and it slows you down considerably. Although the damage bonus reaches 50% at rank 3 rather than the old 75% at rank 2, which could even it out. I can't really speculate too much about it anyway, haven't tried it yet.

Bro trait level 1 is a 5% boost.... if that isn't useless what is. Also the patch notes are a lie. Trait level 2 speed boost didn't used to be 25%.... That was level 1. Level 2 and 3 were 50%. What the heck is the matter with these people. They should have left the speed bonus and gotten rid of the melee bonus. Absolutely ridiculous.

I wasn't even talking about EA when explaining percentages, I was talking about Berserker read my post next time

I wasn't even talking about EA when explaining percentages, I was talking about Berserker read my post next time

Read your own post next time. Your first sentence is "I don't feel like Escape Artist is useless..."
  • Darthgriff wrote: »
    Death Star is total junk. 3 levels. Heroes only playable on one, and then only if the rebels win the first round in the fighter section start round. Haven't seen any heroes this far besides the emperor. People paid money for this. More evidence not to buy any future versions.

i will never buy EA **** again...this is a complete **** scam

I totally agree with you..way to cheap out since we already bought the season passes..what's on the last DLC? Just one mode? Really really ***** off about this ..
  • FettForMVP wrote: »

Read your own post next time. Your first sentence is "I don't feel like Escape Artist is useless..."

And then I moved the conversation to the Berserker trait in the next sentence holy space balls, this guy. EA is 5%-15%-30% trait lvl 3 is 5% faster than old lvl 3 trait, which was already crazy fast so I don't see what you are complaining about. My mistake, read past the first sentence next time.
  • Aside from Scout changes, I loved literally everything listed :)

You would you bum licker
  • cant even land on the ship and get out of the vehicle!?
  • @Banzai_Eddie I take it you also "really really dont like" that grammar stuff, either? Maybe wait until you have played the DLC before having a go at it in what I think may be English. And by the way, "have only 3 modes?"... THE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE DLC'S SO FAR IS THE PLAYLISTS!!! So what, do you want less playlists, or more modes? Make up your minds already...

Why u being a ***** bag? It's obvious this guy is German because he wrote ist..I registered on this site just to report your nastiness..
  • @ThirdDegreePun I think you meant "Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser" to say "Leia - Enhanced Trooper Bane"? But agreedo on all the above, either way

An al retentive attention who're
  • First game of FS on Death Star expansion and I was playing well in the TIE Advanced... Then my PS4 crashed to the XMB. Report with video sent but so annoyed. This is the first crash I've ever had with BFEA.
  • Now we need dlc maps in skirmish I paid money to play them when I shouldnt have had to!

The latest info from any dev was Dennis on Twitter, he said "More on that later." At least that means there is, in fact more or something coming :)

Ask "Dennis" if I can get a refund for this GARBAGE GAME
  • 1. Biggest problem with the DLC currently is that it can be very difficult for the rebels to win in phase 1 of Battle Station. That means you end up playing phase 1 twice in a row (in the playlist rotation) and if you switch to imperials with the help of the lopsided matchmaking, you might destroy the rebels this time and still not make it to phase 2. Something has to be done about that. It limits an already very small DLC, content-wise.

2. Because of problem number 1, if fighter squadron is before or just after battle station, you may end up being in three flight-centric maps in a row. This is unbalanced for this game. Yes, I know, FS fans may say the game has already been way overly infantry-centric, but this has been the nature of this game since launch. Flight does not need to be removed from the DLC—it would be ridiculous to have DS without the trench run and space dogfights—but there should at the very least be *better* infantry modes (and more of them) to balance out the DLC as it is currently. Another perspective here if you still disagree: because FS fans are still in the minority of the player population, this DLC will be heavily unpopulated in several weeks' time and it will be very difficult to find full games to play. No playlist solution will fix that without more infantry maps, plain and simple.

3. The only infantry modes we get currently are phase 2 of Battle Station (if you make it this far—see problem 1) and Blast. Blast usually lasts about 5 to 7 minutes. This is way, way, way too short. Refer to problem 2: if you have a playlist of: fighter squadron—battle station—battle station—blast—battle station—battle station and you happen to be unlucky enough to never make it to phase 2 of battle station (as I was in several rotations so far this morning), you will end up with a total of 5 to 7 minutes of infantry gameplay in an hour (or more).

4. Thus I agree with others that it would be great if Extraction and Sabotage were added to the playlist. Cargo I don't think will work on these maps (too many routes would mean too many draws or blowouts). Droid Run simply won't be populated. Obviously Drop Zone can't work on DS. Supremacy is a large game mode while DS is CQB primarily. However, both of the previous DLC game modes would be perfect in death star (in terms of number of players, presence of heroes, and fit with close quarters DS maps). They are much better suited to DS than Blast because they will extend the playlist.

• Looks amazing.

Still not a fan of rotations. I want to play whatever the hell I want to play. Isn't that what we pay for?

Good ideas bad implementation.

It's hard to make me not buy a Star Wars product but I won't buy the next one.
  • It seems like the vehicle health and reduced cooldown pickups don't respawn after they have been initially picked up

I am the same way about FS mode but this is not as clean as the other maps. And I'm still not a fan of the Fighter Squadron/Battle Station mode marriage. If I just want to play FS, then why on earth would I want to go into another mode. I understand there was a need to have something of a story mode, so this kind of fits the bill. But there is still something lacking in this DLC.
  • I've loved everything in this game up until this new DLC. No new Death Star; Supremacy? Heroes VS Villains? Hero Hunt? Droid Run?

There's too much fighter squadron going on, the rebels always lose the first mission (Star Destroyer Attack). It's really boring at the beginning. I think they went into this DLC with the best of intentions, but it's not really met my expectations. Outer Rim and Bespin were fantastic DLC's.

Sorry Dice/EA :(
  • Great Dlc, needs more ground modes to achieve epic status.. Update with these and win.
  • Dantooine
    195 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It seems like the vehicle health and reduced cooldown pickups don't respawn after they have been initially picked up

Yep, I was thinking that to. Once they're gone, they don't come back - I've noticed it's most on the first phase of Battle Station, and I think only one hero on each side has spawned in the last phase, but that might just be because it's hard to find the pick up.

EDIT: on a more general note I really like the Death Star dlc so far, but it's a shame we can't just stick to the mode we want to play! Also, the second phase of Battle Station is basically the Extraction game mode. It would be great to add it in as there aren't enough modes to enjoy those interior maps for long enough.

Oh yeah, please add the dlc to Skirmish!

• I can survive longer in an X-wing than the Falcon.. What have you done to my beloved ship?
  • If Y-Wings are not a playable ship... How did I just get killed twice by a player in a Y-Wing!?!? I believe his name was JacqueCousteau. And it was a one shot kill!!!
  • Also had R2D2 trapped in the debris of a Tie Fighter literally 6 meters from the extraction point... Making that stage impossible for the Rebels to win!
  • grrlpurple wrote: »
    I can survive longer in an X-wing than the Falcon.. What have you done to my beloved ship?

I had the same experience just moments ago!