criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Additional feedback:
    • Boba Fett's zoom/aim cancels automatically randomly and goes back to hip fire for no reason.
    • Bossk's Predatory Instincts cancels automatically randomly once activated.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Please allow the Death Star Star Cards to be usable in offline mode. (There's a bug to it now, it just won't appear in the multiplayer loadout when I play Skirmish)
  • Thanks for the continued feedback, I will be working to outline the full list of items our team is looking into in the coming days, but keep the feedback coming.

Thanks for the response :smile:
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Thanks for the continued feedback, I will be working to outline the full list of items our team is looking into in the coming days, but keep the feedback coming.
    GTK. Thanks for popping to let us know that we are being heard based on the feedback we've provided.

The biggest issue I personally have are objective points in Flying modes. Kill points are worth double or triple what you get for objectives.
    If Dice increased the points per shot, it will encourage more players to PTO instead of only killing AI and players.
    At the moment shooting a Transport only gives you 2-5 points per shot.
    Shooting critical systems on the Star Destroyer only gives 2-5 points per shot.
    Killing enemies as an Imperial while defending critical systems gives little to no points as far as Ive been able to see.

Increase points per shot from 5 to 25 points per shot so it balances better with PTO playstyles.
    Increase the range at which we can earn Defense points and increase the points for Defending to half the points for capping an uplink.

Also, the new AI Awings and TIE Inceptors give no points at all in flying modes. This is a must fix please, before points per shot are increased.

These are my personal priorities. Anything else is secondary but still needed.
    Post edited by Dotty on
  • paulc1
    7 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Here are some ideas to improve the hero's Bossk and Chewbacca.

1. Make Bossk jump higher and jump from crouching/all fours when using the dioxis grenade escape ability. For example when you get a hero pick up and choose Bossk, it shows a cinematic of him crouching/on all fours. Also change the icon of the ability to a gas cloud or him crouching.

3. Another idea is to give Bossk an ability where he can throw a net or set trap or something to capture someone, he is a hunter after all.

3.Change Chewbaccas ground slam ability into a wookie rage ability, Chewbacca goes into a rage which increases his speed and he can smash people with his fists.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    First off, I'd like to say great work on Chewie! I used him in HvV and he was a beast! But, there are a few improvements that could be made to him.

1) Make his animation for ground slam faster. It takes way too long to recover.

2) His bowcaster needs to do more damage per bolt.

3) Take away the delay in which he can't fire once activating Mighty Roar.

4) Give Chewie a bit more health.

Overall, he's a great hero, just needs some improvements.
  • Darthyuval wrote: »
    I miss the third level for the traits and the lack of modes is disappointing. ): Anyone use the new blaster pistol ? I don't know how I feel about it.

New Blaster pistol is awesome.... I didn't realise it had a secondary fire. Now I use it all the time outside. Secondary fire = one hit kills.
  • I feel like the rebels need more time to blow up the Star Destroyer in phase 1.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    I feel like the rebels need more time to blow up the Star Destroyer in phase 1.

+1. I'm trying to get past my stubbornness of refusing to fly, but I gave up on this playlist b/c half the time I wouldn't make it to phase 2
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »
    More time total or more time per Ywing phase. I think each Ywing is 2.5-3 secs. If that was doubled to 6 secs per Ywing, it may do just that. Give Rebels more time to blow up the Star Destroyer.

That would be 1 min per Ywing phase instead of 30 secs per Ywing phase. It would give players more time to get back to the Star Destroyer and actually do damage after respawning.

• Phase 3 should be the "oh s**t oh s**t" phase where the rebels need flawless execution. Phases 1 and 2 should be tough, but the failure rate shouldnt' be as high as I've seen it
  • thedrum808 wrote: »
    TL-50 and Bryar should release after 2 seconds at full charge. Otherwise they're held indefinitely. Also, the cooling flush should be removed at the overheat for secondary charge. This way, no power is removed from the guns, but they are made more difficult to use.

I think given that holding the charge comes at a significant movement cost it's fine. Plus you'd frag yourself way too many times with allies running in front of you if it autodischarged. Playing with and against it I've never felt that holding the charge was imbalanced.

I do think you're spot on with removing the cooling flush. Maybe make it overheat like when you're hit with disruption sans cooling flush. That would really emphasize risk vs reward and discourage blind spamming/jumpcasting with it. Plus if you remove the cooling flush there will be less reason to hold the charge since it's more situational for indirect support fire rather than a good opener for a jumpcasting tactic. If you basically make TL-50 and Bryar users defenseless for 3 seconds after firing there's not going to be a good reason to just walk around with the charge held.

I also think it would fit better with the overall support design of heavy blasters that seem geared to a Battlefield style support class playstyle.
  • I have found that since the mew update and dlc the loading times for all modes have become much longer waits. Any way to fix this?
  • Actually_JJAbrams
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This is the first time I've ever bought a season pass for a game because I love Star Wars games and was so looking forward to the Fighter Squadron mode. It's also the first time I've felt the need to give negative feedback. I've put up with a lot from this game, as has anyone who spent over a hundred bucks for what is just now feeling like a full game, but with this new DLC you've just become antagonistic towards your players. Here's why:

WHY EVEN MODEL B-WINGS AND TIE DEFENDERS IF WE CAN'T USE THEM?!?!?!

Whomever made the "let's tease them with cool things they can only look at" decision needs to be fired. From the trailers for the DLC it seemed we were finally going to have more than two ships to choose from in Fighter Squadron. I paid for the season pass because I knew I was going to buy DLC for more ships, which were repeatedly promised as coming, and now I'm left feeling cheated. This is the closest any of us are getting to Rogue Squadron any time soon and you're just jerking us around and making us feel like foolish ***** for for buying your game. Also, why make this a weird hybrid between Death Stars I & II? It would have been way more fun to just use Deathstar II and the battle of Endor. Juking around bits of an unfinished Deathstar would have been awesome. The way you have it makes zero sense with any sort of continuity.

Shame on EA for ripping people off, but shame on DICE for being lazy and not giving us the legitimately new content we paid for and deserve. And here I was feeling cheated when you thought it was smart to put paid content behind an unlock wall with your ridiculous Hutt Contracts. That's like selling someone a car without keys to the trunk or glove compartment.

PS: Get rid of or vastly extend lock on overheat, replace it with a ship health buff if you want to extend dog fights.
  • This is the first game I've ever bought a season pass for because I love Star Wars games and was so looking forward to the Fighter Squadron mode. I've put up with a lot from this game, as has anyone who spent over a hundred bucks for what is just now feeling like a full game, but with this new DLC you've just become antagonistic towards your players. Here's why:

WHY EVEN MODEL B-WINGS AND TIE DEFENDERS IF WE CAN'T USE THEM?!?!?!

Whomever made the "let's tease them with cool things they can only look at" decision needs to be fired. From the trailers for the DLC it seemed we were finally going to have more that two ships to choose from in Fighter Squadron. I paid for the season pass because I knew I was going to buy DLC for more ships, which were repeatedly promised as coming, and now I'm left feeling cheated. This is the closest any of us are getting to Rogue Squadron any time soon and you're just jerking us around and making us feel like foolish **** for for buying your game. Also, why make this a weird hybrid between Death Stars I & II? It would have been way more fun to just use Deathstar II and the battle of Endor. Juking around bits of an unfinished Deathstar would have been awesome. The way you have it makes zero sense with any sort of continuity.

Shame of EA for ripping people off, but shame on DICE for being lazy and not giving us the legitimately new content we paid for.

PS: Get rid of or vastly extend lock on overheat.

B-Wings and Defenders are only made as AI because they didn't have enough time to make them playable.
  • Some nice stuff, hoping we'll get another patch quite soon though with the following, from high to low priority.:
    • Fix for Lando's OP Power Shots (don't stack with trait, done!), test to make sure he can't 1-hit-kill any more.
    • Prevent Dash Attacks from being stopped by stuns (can use whilst stunned, won't be snapped backwards if stunned during) - Saber Rush, Shoulder Charge + Dengar's attacks.
    • Prevent Unmanned Speeder Bikes from causing collision damage.
    • Prevent Speeder Bikes from being able to inflict 'Run-over' damage on heroes.
    • Fix to stop players getting a hero more than once per match. Share the love guys.
    • Fix for Boba's flamethrower to make it firmer. Follow a similar trajectory to Palpatine's lightning and be only slightly less aimable.
    • Buff to Ion Neutraliser to make it more viable.
    • Allow Trooper Bane to be turned off during use.
    • Allow Speed Boost to be turned off during use.
    • Make ADS for long ranged weapons into the 1st person scope view for those in 3rd person without the need to swap views.
    • Fix for PC Players on Keyboard which allows Palpatine to use Chain Lightning whilst airborne (works on controller)
    • Swap 'Power Up' token drop abilty in WA/Supremacy for something new.
      Leia - Enhanced Ion Neutraliser (1-2 second charge, slight burn damage to vehicles and infantry (same as stinger), gives her a teamwork focus and some defence against AT-STs.)
      Palpatine - Sith Focus (give 4 seconds of 'enhanced block' where, when next blocking, Palpatine will convert 10% of incoming damage into health. After ability ends get normal block afterwards)

This! Very constructive. I like the idea of Boba's flamethrower. It seems more of a gimmick than practical.
  • I'm really sad they didn't add more emotes.

Last night on Supremacy on Endor, I was running across a very long section of a narrow bridge when a rebel jet packed up and started coming across from the other direction.. I shot him a few times, but he was able to get his bubble shield on. I started sprinting at him in order to beat him to death, but then he very slowly laid down a trip wire and backed away, all the while doing the "over here, come on!" taunt. Situations like that are my favorite moments in the game.
  • Only main gripe is that Blast doesn't last nearly long enough, it'd be good to aim for 200.
  • bq3mas.gif

Still waiting for it...
  • Jaywal wrote: »
    To those of you who complain about the CM or the devs..
    The CM belive it or not, does not simply work with battlefront. He manages many different EA games. Being a CM does not mean spending time on the forums, lots goes on behind the scenes.

The Devs work their butts off. They work weekends to get things done. This DLC has the largest amount of content in any DLC thus far. And is filled with things requested by the community.

I'm not saying that there are no bugs. Of course there are and they will be dealt with. So before you go bashing the devs behind the game you play and spend time on a forum for, think about someone other than yourself.

I'll leave Sledge out of it, since I realize now that he's a middleman, and just as privy to the chain of command as anyone else.

I can appreciate and respect hard work, even hard work that results in failure, because it means someone did everything they could to make a dream come to fruition even though outside sources may have destroyed all the work that was done.

What bothers me is when there is a ton of feedback on a given topic and noone going all the way up the chain has anything helpful or informative to say. The day Outer Rim dropped, we all experienced a slurry of bugs/glitches including an entire mode being unplayable (Heroes v Villains). We got no information for weeks and finally got word that a patch would be released to fix the issue. I think it took nearly a month for that fix. Correct me if I'm wrong.

When Bespin came, we had the exact same scenario. Another DLC, another round of bugs, one mode broken for awhile with no info, and eventually a fix, again weeks later.

I understand that these things take time. I understand that DICE is understaffed, but neither of those is something that I should have to deal with. Every time there's a major issue, they should be on top of informing the playerbase as to what is being done about it in a timely manner. It's just good business. I can't imagine completing a project at my job and screwing up a good portion of it, and when my boss asks when I can fix it, just ignoring him and walking out of the room.

Even if they can't fix these things right away, letting us know that they have someone looking into it is integral. Maybe you can explain to me why it's taken over a week for them to acknowledge a problem we as players had diagnosed day 1. I really don't understand the lag between them knowing about an issue and simply letting us know that they know about an issue. It screams of negligence on someone's part.

And that's the main cause of our frustration. Accountability. We scream at you guys (mods) for information, because you're the closest source to us that has the ear of the devs. Obviously you have no more information than we do, but someone does, so up the chain we go. Tweeting the devs seems to work eventually, but for a game that's charging a premium to get 2 weeks early access, only to have those 2 weeks be unplayable for various reasons, it really isn't a matter of us being patient, the issue is that somewhere along the line somebody is missing a step.

Anywho, just bored at work and wanted to write a wall of text. Enjoy!
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Dotty wrote: »
    More time total or more time per Ywing phase. I think each Ywing is 2.5-3 secs. If that was doubled to 6 secs per Ywing, it may do just that. Give Rebels more time to blow up the Star Destroyer.

That would be 1 min per Ywing phase instead of 30 secs per Ywing phase. It would give players more time to get back to the Star Destroyer and actually do damage after respawning.
    Phase 1 now lasts less than 5 mins. Thats the same as my FS games before Dice increased the score to 400 points.

Reset the health of the Star Destroyer back to what it was dice. Its not even close to fun anymore for Rebels OR IMPs.

Just increase the Ywing time like I orginally suggested in the Constructive topic by Jaywal.

• Kinda funny how there are more pages in the negative thread than the positive one, eh? Anyway, here's my constructive criticsim:
    • First, and most definitely foremost, is the soft lock overheat. If someone could be so kind as to point to even one instance when someone asked for this, I'd be very grateful, because I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want this. Holding the soft lock on your opponent in a game of Fighter Squadron did not create any kind of unfair imbalance for the player doing it. It was the only way to play the mode, and yet suddenly people are quick to call someone (like me) who did that a "lock-on spammer". Well how else did you play? I only held the lock-on once I got an opponent in my sights. When I was scanning the area for someone to shoot, I didn't hold it down then. So how does locking-on to an enemy fighter when trying to take them out make me a spammer? It's mind boggling. As someone who played Fighter Squadron a lot before this update and who could consistently get into the 30+ kill region (sometimes even 40+), I can tell you that the need to consistently to hold the soft lock on an opponent was a necessity if you had any hope of performing well in this mode. When you've got fighters coming at you from all directions, it was a skill in and of itself to be able to track even one opponent around the map using the lock-on. Many times I found myself on someone's tail, holding down the lock-on to line up my shot, only to have them flip around and disappear from view. Please remove this unnecessary feature ASAP because, honestly, nobody would care if it was gone.

This. Exactly this. I have no idea why a soft lock overheat was added, but whatever the reason may be, it has made one of my favorite game modes too frustrating to play anymore. There was no imbalance in Fighter Squadron before it was added, and all it does is force every player to use their soft lock in a very specific way. Please remove the soft lock overheat.
    New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »
    IcedFreon wrote: »
    Get gud

I know you posted that because you think you're wonderfull, but i already posted something similar an hour after the dlc released. I also did it on my very first go too, but like you i had Red-5. Now post a video of you doing it perfectly with a regular ship.

• Theres probebly someone out there whos said this but ill say it again. Add all maps and gamemodes to skirmish and dlc content for those who bought it
  • paulc1 wrote: »
    They should make a game mode like phase 2 of battle station where you have to rescue prisoners from the cells in the detention block instead of r2-d2.

Some different ideas for the mode:

The prisoners are AI and when you rescue them, they follow the person who rescued them. They will have a health bar and when the health bar runs out they fall on the ground and a team player has to revive them for them to keep moving, if they are not revived in time they die, or if the imperials capture them, the imperials have to take the prisoner back to their cell or when the prisoner is captured they automatically get put back in their cell. For the rebels to get the prisoner back all you they have to do is kill the guy who captured the prisoner. The game mode will sort of be like hostage from counter strike.

Rescue as many AI prisoners as possible from the cells without them dying. The prisoners will have a health bar and when their health bar runs out the prisoner dies. The more prisoners you rescue the more points you get or something. Once all the prisoners die it's game over.

Some of the rebel team start off as the prisoners in the cells and the rest of the rebel team have to rescue them.

Let me know your guys thoughts
    Dotty wrote: »
    Dotty wrote: »

Phase 1 now lasts less than 5 mins. Thats the same as my FS games before Dice increased the score to 400 points.

Reset the health of the Star Destroyer back to what it was dice. Its not even close to fun anymore for Rebels OR IMPs.

Just increase the Ywing time like I orginally suggested in the Constructive topic by Jaywal.

The hero pick up for the imperials in extraction doesn't work any more it sucks you cant even pick it up anymore without getting kicked for idle,I love almost everything else. It is getting harder to find matches in some other games , hopefully they will find a home in skirmish in the future. But over all beautiful game obi and yoda would make it complete though. maybe like jabba s hut contracts give obi or yoda some jedi training options.
  • Hi guys, was told by your EA Twitter account to add my suggestion here. I just think that objective points should be given for operating R2 in Battle Station. It seems unfair to move him so far, yet get nothing for it and miss out on points. Maybe points for activating him, points for every 50m gained? Let me know what you think.

Rich
  • IcedFreon wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Get gud

I know you posted that because you think you're wonderfull, but i already posted something similar an hour after the dlc released. I also did it on my very first go too, but like you i had Red-5. Now post a video of you doing it perfectly with a regular ship.

Yawn. 5 checkpoints were already marked off the list when you started, AND the imperial team didn't seem to worried about playing the objective. The only time you were under threat was at the end and you only survived because the final straight is so short. Nice try, but that was NOT an impressive trench run at all.
  • I find everything is great, the only bug I have seen is that my customised skin doesn't save sometimes.

List and Suggestions:

-Add Supremacy to Death Star DLC
    -Add Death Star DLC to Skirmish

General List of Wanted Content:

-Add the skins for leia, luke and han in next patch.
    -Allow us to play as the 4 new vehicle powerups.
    -Add capital ships to vanilla FS in next patch.
    -Add more Skirmish content.
    -Add hero blast between now and RogueOne.
    -Have a 20v20 Playlist in RogueOne DLC.

@Sledgehammer70 pass this to the team please.
  • Is there anyway R2-D2 could have a jump ability for limited amounts of time using his boosters/thrusters... Would be a bit more helpful in some situations and it would just make R2-D2 seem more... R2-D2 !
  • Firstly, great job on the DLC overall. I LOVE the first phase, it's right out of Rogue Squadron which was one of my favorite Star Wars games ever. The debris field is an awesome touch and chasing or evading fighters in the field feels feels like you're in the movie. I'm getting some framerate issues in this phase though on PS4, especially if I hit speed boost in A-Wing or T-Int. As a huge fan of FS, thank you for delivering on the best FS maps yet!

My suggestions/general feedback

-I love most of the changes to the fighters, love the speed boost on the A-Wing. The lock-on overheat is a great touch and adds strategy.

-Increase the overall speed of the X-Wing. On smaller FS maps it's lack of speed didn't matter because of it's high maneuverability, but I find it nearly useless in the new maps because it moves like a school bus in comparison to the Ties and A-Wing. Maybe you could increase it only on this map?

-I'd like for the lock-on warning to return for all locks, not just missile locks. It kind of sucks to have half your health taken away before you even have time to react. That said, what I like about this change is that it keeps you on your toes more and discourages people from cruising in straight lines or at low speed...so maybe I just countered my own request.

-In Phase 3, I'm not a fan of the maze design. It doesn't really make sense in-universe, why would it matter if the Rebel fighters hit certain checkpoints? Is there a way to make the trench battle more of a running battle? I.e. have the map shift down the surface of the Death Star to the final proton-torpedo hole. That might be impossible to pull off, but just my thoughts. However I love the frantic pace of trying to defend your ships in the trench or scrambling to take them out as the Imps.
  • Why havent you guys fixed your server issue with supremecy its clearly lagging and booting every player out of the game. Pretty much ***** that you guys have done nothing to fix the problem.
  • This game has gotten progressively worse in terms of general feel etc..every single match you have to re adjust control sensitivity etc..flying has become a complete joke as the ships have lost turn and speed capabilities, lock on abilities etc..this has been the case with every single dlc since outer rim. Not sure why? Traits don't stay, blasters don't stay and have the time your appearance also changes. Having had pre ordered this along with the season pass I would have expected any and all tweaks and adjustments made by the developers would have made the game funner, not cause it to be a complete joke and waste of time and money.
    Please re adjust all and take it back prior outer rim or please refund! Other than that the actual maps have been nice and different.
  • Too fast paced. Get blown up in xwing seconds into battle, sometimes not. Same with fps modes. Generally all feels too fast paced. Battlefield pace maybe? Also how about making turrets on the Millennium Falcon fire. Possibly auto firing it even better allow players to take the position of the turrets on the Falcon.
  • Death Star is my favorite pack yet. I know it has been addressed, but I would really like to see some more infantry modes added to the playlist, and that's coming from a Rogue Squadron, X-wing/Tie Fighter player. That Death Star interior is just too awesome.

While flying, I still randomly have the issue of primary fire hitting the enemy ship, with sparks flying, but no damage to the target. They are usually in a turn and it happens while locked on, or blind firing. This is a huge problem for Slave 1 and the cloud car, but it happens with every ship. Would love for you guys to clarify if this is lag or some intended mechanic with flying in circles.

B-wing, Y-wing, Tie Defender, and Tie Bomber should be playable ships online and in Skirmish.

Star Destroyer subsystems are a little too weak now. I agree that the health needed to be lower, but as it stands now, it is too low.

Skirmish needs DLC support. I would love to play Battlestation, Extraction, and Sabotage co-op in skirmish.

The customization and new weapons are great additions, and I'm having a lot of fun with Chewie and Bossk.

Thanks for your hard work DICE.
  • This dlc is ridiculous. Only three game modes?! Really? And why on earth do they switch? When I want to play blast, I wanna play blast, not f***ing fighter squad. Fix this, EA/Dice or whoever is responsible for this.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This dlc is ridiculous. Only three game modes?! Really? And why on earth do they switch? When I want to play blast, I wanna play blast, not f***ing fighter squad. Fix this, EA/Dice or whoever is responsible for this.
    Lol, only 3 game modes? They turned off my favorite mode and brought lag to the other large modes. What should I say? I am glad not to own the season pass and stopped playing... But that doesn't help...
    @Sledgehammer70 Any information about the hot fixes for the large modes?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• The only things I can suggest is to fix the hero pick up for the imperials on extraction it keeps freezing and you get kicked for idleing, extraction and cargo in the playlist for the death star would also be utterly amazing other than that for me personally dice hit a homerun with this game , the texture and lighting detail on the maps and enviroments are fing amazing and capture starwars, I grew up on these movies and now I can play around in them thank you guys for that.Obi and yoda would grant a grand slam even if only as an easter egg.
  • In this game or the next game if you do make a next game make the star fighters be able to change color for credits.
  • RESISTANCEPOED
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Make x wings and a wings customizable in this game or the next game prequel or sequel.
  • 1. Death Star SLI not working.
    2. Bespin SLI not working.
    3. audio glitch with the TL-50. Sometimes when I spawn in the laser sounds more like a gunshot than a laser.
  • When I choose a specific game mode to play, thats what I wanna play, period. Quit cycling through the game mode on Outer Rim/Bespin/DS for god sakes.
  • Fellow Streamer here! (: Huge fan of everything STAR WARS especially the Battlefront series. If you want to watch me destroy then please tune in to my broadcast and lets chat! On most days @5PM PCT, 720p - Standard --->
  • I for one find Battle Station everything I wanted from Battlefront, just like Walker Assault. Be careful about tweaking Phase 1 too much. The Rebels need to have a challenge. Remember when the Walker Assault maps were way over corrected on launch? Also, people are way too reactionary in demanding "balancing." Players still need time to figure out how to play the game mode. Give it a little while before seeing if rebalancing is actually needed.

I also hope the emphasis stays on fighter combat. Maybe make the TIE defender and B-Wings flyable? Also I would love to see more integrated space/infantry modes like this. Maybe even make a mode where half the team is in the air, and the other half on the ground? Keep up the good work DICE!
  • So, something needs to be done for us sniper/back line characters...

It's a gripe I've had since the weapon was released, and that's with the DLT-19X. It has the highest damage in the game, that I'm aware of, and has a single shot with a 2-second cooldown between shots, assuming you are unable to hit the coolant mark (yellow tabs). This weapon, however, is a 3-hit kill weapon now which is absolutely infuriating. It used to be 2-hit kill.

And I've tried everything inclusive with the latest update (September 29th, 2016). Even with the +50% damage boost from the Sharpshooter trait and the added damage from Explosive Shot, the DLT-19X is still a 2-hit kill weapon, barring headshots or if the enemy is already injured beneath 80% health. That in mind, too, by the time you can zoom back in to track your target and try to finish them off (even when hitting the coolant mark) they've either started firing at YOU, have run to cover, or got killed by someone else.

And yet... The newest weapon, the K-16 Briar, is a 1-hit kill on its secondary fire, and it can't even zoom in, and your mobility is drastically reduced while charging it! That's pathetic! I'm a sniper/behind enemy lines player and it's extremely hard to hit people from a distance with the DLT-19X because everyone is jumping around and once you fire that first shot the enemy practically knows exactly where you are, so you really need to make your shots count, which is an extremely slim chance happening considering to MAKE that shot count you need to get a headshot.... on a moving target... whose head is literally the same size, at the distance, as the center dot of the reticule. I need to be able to hit my target, get a kill, and get out of dodge to another location before they respawn in and track me down (because that happens every time I kill someone behind their spawn point; they hunt me down immediately, which is expected; thankfully most give up after a couple of minutes of not finding me).

If you're going to give us a sniper rifle, make it a sniper rifle! It's pathetic that a PISTOL is doing the job of a sniper more efficiently than the ACTUAL sniper rifle weapon.

The DLT-19X needs a buff; it needs to actually do its job and not be rendered useless by a damn pistol, is my point. The pulse rifle is atrocious with its built-in assisted aiming and "target leading" if it's a moving target, plus it gives you away instantly. The Cycler rifle is damn-near impossible to hit with unless you encounter the rare opportunity of someone very close to you being entirely unaware of your existence and remaining still. Using the DLT-19X gives away my position way too much with how many shots I need to use to kill a target.

I'm using the K-16 and I hate and love it. I hate it because I can't zoom in at all, which doesn't set well for me and forces me to get at least mid-range and much closer to the enemy and, thus, more easily killed. I love it because it does the job of the DLT-19X and I FINALLY have positive KDR in matches, wherein I would usually have something like 4:17 'Kill:Death' (people are really freaking accurate with those T-21***** and E-11s).

My suggestion? Make the DLT-19X similar to the K-16. Give its primary fire a charge-up before firing similar to the K-16 and Pulse Cannon, but much faster. I'd even accept a longer cooldown period in exchange. Do SOMETHING to the weapon to make it more viable and useful.
  • They ruined the falcon. It's defense is nothing now.
  • We need all maps, modes, dlc eg as Han Solo says all of it please skirmish offline, customisation, xp, objectives, more free skins, dlc, maps, mos Eisley, yoda, obi wan please. @Sledgehammer70
  • IcedFreon
    888 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Get gud

Yawn. 5 checkpoints were already marked off the list when you started, AND the imperial team didn't seem to worried about playing the objective. The only time you were under threat was at the end and you only survived because the final straight is so short. Nice try, but that was NOT an impressive trench run at all.

Heh I've got em for days mixing it up, let's see yours since mine are so subpar
  • IcedFreon
    888 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Delete
  • So, something needs to be done for us sniper/back line characters...

... That's pathetic! I'm a sniper/behind enemy lines player and it's extremely hard to hit people from a distance with the DLT-19X because everyone is jumping around and once you fire that first shot the enemy practically knows exactly where you are,

If you're going to give us a sniper rifle, make it a sniper rifle! It's pathetic that a PISTOL is doing the job of a sniper more efficiently than the ACTUAL sniper rifle weapon.

The DLT-19X needs a buff;

you are pathetic. this game is not about cowards hiding behind the lines making cheap kills with overpowered weapons. your worthless playstile is not and will never be part of star wars. nobody in the movies has been a ***** one hit wonder behind the guys who do the work. go, and play cod, fat, ugly sniperwannabe.

and the DLT-19X does not need a buff;

• the game gets more and more stupid with every dlc. as if there arent enough type of granades for unskilled players in this game, we now got granadelaunching guns. makes games close quarters games unplayable.

hey, dice, i know you have to keep all the unskilled ***** in the world happy with explosives and other easymodegimmicks, but how about a skillbased gamemode with no granades and no massive splashdamageadvantage, just good old shooting and aiming like they did in the star wars movies. this would bring the real star wars feeling, this game does not have at all.