criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• i think battle station should be its own mode like how turning point was at first. its a cool mode but it takes too long with all the phases, then have the normal small map game modes on death star maps like droid run blast and cargo.
  • mino
    17 posts Member
    Phase 2 of Battlestation should be a standalone mode. I dont mind the other modes, just it gets too tiring repeatedly playing those again and again. Need more time inside the death stAR!!!
  • SlugThrower 2 is still broken. (XB1)

Not just broken in that it doesn't register Shock Blaster kills, no, it does actually register them during the match and initially shows them on the post match card, but it them removes them and the percentage actually counts down.

As you can imagine, this is more frustrating than it not registering them at all and makes no sense whatsoever.
  • you guys should add heroes and villians to the dlc. there should be way more modes inside espically since big parts happened there
  • First of all,I like this new DLC. Then,I'd really like to see flyable B-wing,Y-wing,Tie Defender and Tie Bomber...is there any chanche to see them fully implemented?
  • Watch this @Sledgehammer70
    "Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Watch this @Sledgehammer70

I respect HG's opinion, but he is obviously in a minority.
  • I definitely feel like he does.
    "Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi
  • Please open all the dlc up to other game modes like heroes vs villains. Please! Everything seems so limited with the dlc. Opening it up to other game modes would make it feel deeper.

Also, can we get a random game option including all dlc. Everything is so segmented. If I want to play blast I'm limited to a particular map set, I wish it was all included with all dlc and original maps.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Here are some before and after footage of flying in battlestation SD nerf. @FireWall @TheVestalViking @phatseejay please reset the SD health to death star release. It's no longer fun and challenging like it used to be.

This is me as an Imperial after the SD nerf.

This is me as an Imperial before the SD nerf.

This is me as a Rebel before the SD nerf.

I aplogize for these being out of order. They were in order when I cut them before I pasted them here lol
  • So... Bossk DEFINITELY needs to be nerfed. Can you guys hurry up on that.
  • Dotty wrote: »
    Here are some before and after footage of flying in battlestation SD nerf. @FireWall @TheVestalViking @phatseejay please reset the SD health to death star release. It's no longer fun and challenging like it used to be.

This is me as an Imperial after the SD nerf.

This is me as an Imperial before the SD nerf.

This is me as a Rebel before the SD nerf.

I aplogize for these being out of order. They were in order when I cut them before I pasted them here lol

This this this. DICE you have done an incredible job with this DLC and Battlestation in particular, but you are wayyyyy too quick to try to "rebalance." This mode was well balanced as it originally was. Please up the ISD health. Other than that, great work!
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    NovaCore__ wrote: »
    So... Bossk DEFINITELY needs to be nerfed. Can you guys hurry up on that.

I disagree, he can easily get melted if caught unaware.

Please don't nerf him. #BuffsBeforeNerfs
  • Outkast_Rogue
    180 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    As much as I love this game I think we all can agree Star Wars battlefront 2 is and always will be 100 times better then this game. They just need to cross over Star Wars battlefront 2 with next gen graphics because IMO it's one of the best games ever.
  • I feel like there's not enough game modes heroes versus villains and extortion sabotage good I'll be great in this Dlc like the new guns and the new character customization but where are the new power ups on the battlefield
  • [/i][/b]You guys could have at least put some new game modes for the publuc release of this thing I love this game but this new dlc really disappointed me content wise and this comment thing sucks as well when we don't even get one response :/
  • As much as I love this game I think we all can agree Star Wars battlefront 2 is and always will be 100 times better then this game. They just need to cross over Star Wars battlefront 2 with next gen graphics because IMO it's one of the best games ever.

Word. I can't believe this game isn't as good as that masterpiece.... They should give the rights back to that dev team. They're gods.
  • Wesyeed3_8 wrote: »
    As much as I love this game I think we all can agree Star Wars battlefront 2 is and always will be 100 times better then this game. They just need to cross over Star Wars battlefront 2 with next gen graphics because IMO it's one of the best games ever.

Word. I can't believe this game isn't as good as that masterpiece.... They should give the rights back to that dev team. They're gods.

The original SWB2 will always be in my top list of best games ever, I can't even imagine how many hours of gameplay I had on it and it never got boring because there were so many maps and modes to choose from.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    NovaCore__ wrote: »
    So... Bossk DEFINITELY needs to be nerfed. Can you guys hurry up on that.

How about you get buffed?
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I love fighting in the Death Star but I HATE the trench run level. I was so looking forward to "maneuvering straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point". But I'm not, I'm flying left and right to check points down a maze.

Please please please can this be changed. I want to fly as fast as I can in a straight line down a trench just like the film.

I like that you can fly through the internal structure of the death star and the little nods to the Death Start II from Return of the Jedi but I would like this level more if it was a level before the trench run and not the actual trench run itself.

I think a new level should be added which reflects how the trench run is in A New Hope. This level as a race against time. You have to get to the exhaust port before the Death Star fires. The Rebels need to fly down the trench and fire torpedos when they reach the final checkpoint and imperials need to stop them.
  • Please hurry on more game modes
  • I'm one rank from rank 80, and there's a category 4 hurricane heading right for me.
    Bring
    it
    on.
  • Dice/EA: the lag after the DLC drop has made SWBF unplayable for me! It's really bad... I run on the same spot, teleport/glitch move everywhere, star cards get suddenly deactivated, I cant aim at anybody properly... I kept trying to find better games but kept quitting because every game was beyond frustrating...
  • I wish own footprints for Chewie and Bossk
  • RoOkin wrote: »
    I love fighting in the Death Star but I HATE the trench run level. I was so looking forward to "maneuvering straight down this trench and skim the surface to this point". But I'm not, I'm flying left and right to check points down a maze.

Please please please can this be changed. I want to fly as fast as I can in a straight line down a trench just like the film.

I like that you can fly through the internal structure of the death star and the little nods to the Death Start II from Return of the Jedi but I would like this level more if it was a level before the trench run and not the actual trench run itself.

I think a new level should be added which reflects how the trench run is in A New Hope. This level as a race against time. You have to get to the exhaust port before the Death Star fires. The Rebels need to fly down the trench and fire torpedos when they reach the final checkpoint and imperials need to stop them.

I don't think you realize how boring this would be.

What works for a movie doesn't necessarily translate well into a fun game mode. Now I'm all for staying faithful to the source material, but flying in a straight line for 5 minutes (which requires absolutely no input from the player, by the way) while being pelted with laser barrages and concussion missiles from 20 other players isn't exactly my idea of fun.
  • Something small I noticed the other day: Officers (and possibly Death Star troopers) seem to have the 'helmet' effect on their dialogue still. As in it's filtered and slightly muffled despite the fact they aren't in helmets. No biggy but probably an easy fix!
  • DLC offline content ...!!!!

Make it happen
  • I think it's kinda weird that anyone on rebs can hit the exhaust port and blow up the death star while the designated players do the hard part of getting the objectives. Imperials pretty much always lose the final battle and there's just no challenge as I think the timer could be cut down by five minutes at least to make it harder.

The first space battle is way to easy for rebels as well now - kinda boring. The R2 rescue mode is pretty good but I think the hero spawns are too few and too hard for rebs to get. It often devolves into long periods of stormtroopers farming ez kills with frags and secondary fire spam as rebels pour into heavily defended rooms.

Just a request it would be really fun if you guys could make a fighter squadron that takes place in a asteroid belt - my fav part of ESB.

Otherwise I like the DLC have had some really great moments TY!
  • Issue: Fighter Squad
    I like the update for the most part. I like the nice mix of play types when I select the DLC icon, I think the perks(skills?traits?) have had an odd tweak but something I can totally adjust to. The fighter squad map is AMAZING. Being able to fly around the Star Destroyer and debris is the best thing ever for dogfights. And the AI now uses the A-wing and Interceptor? Finally. But I have a really really hard time locking on to fighters now. I could always blast AI fighters without taking too much time from dogfighting human players (which had an nice lock on time which rewarded careful manouvering), which was always even to me. But now it is impossible to lock on to anyone, AI or Human.

I have limited time to play, and I am starting to avoid this game entirely, even though the Dogfighting is a small part of the overall game. It's just not worth the time investment to even join a Fighter Squad game.

Funny story, when I first started (I used either Mouse or Gamepad interchangably) I didn't know about the Lock-On option. So I got all my kills by manually leading the targets (not many kills, to be honest). When I found out about Lock-On I stopped being frustrated.
    I am unable to lock or lead on anything now, even with my feeble unassisted skills. It is getting so bad that I've been avoiding the DeathStar Playlist and all FighterSquad games, which I used to love.

Also, Bossk keeps murdering the whole team.

• What works for a movie doesn't necessarily translate well into a fun game mode. Now I'm all for staying faithful to the source material, but flying in a straight line for 5 minutes (which requires absolutely no input from the player, by the way) while being pelted with laser barrages and concussion missiles from 20 other players isn't exactly my idea of fun.

it can be done. let a random team of three make the trenchrun. everybody else starts near them and respawns near them. the empire has to try to get into the trench to stop them, the rebells have to stop the empire shooting at the torpedoteam. put some obstacles and turbolasers into the trench too, that have to be shot down before they can shoot and some energyconnections that disable the stearing when not shot down.you will than have a bunch of fighters inside the trench and a lot more action than this uninspired weird mazerun that never happened in the movies.

btw. tl50 is a crouch for players with no shootingskill.

• forgot to mention: if one of the three trenchrunners is shot down, there has to be a token that can be picked up by a rebell fighter making him the trenchrunner from this point.
  • and no lock on inside the trench
  • Initially there are 6 fighter squadron maps plus three dlc maps in total. Making a total of 9 maps.
    There has been a large amount of complaints regarding the lack of Fighter Squadron and the opposite, that of being forced to play fighter squadron in the playlists.

What I am proposing is to consolidate the Fighter Squadron maps into the vanilla game and effectively removing them from the dlc playlists. It will give 3 free maps for those who didn't buy any dlc, but in hindsight infantry players have gotten free infantry maps.

For those who do not like Fighter Squadron, this should be favourable. As i'm sure everyone can attest to, the mode that at least 40% of people drop from is fighter squadron.

Regarding the Death Star dlc. The battlestation mode would stay only Fighter Squadron would go. The Dev team would need to add modes to the Dlc in General.
  • Fighter squadron maps get stale very quickly, why? Because there is nothing to the mode, just a straight up team deathmatch in an open area. A hundred different fighter squadron maps might seem like a lot of content, but in the end the scenery makes no different to the match outcome. The fighter squadron maps on the death star dlc change the mode up, as you have things to fly around/through. They don't need to add more maps for fighter squadron, they just need to add a few things to fly around on the vanilla maps. (But they wont of course)
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Fighter squadron maps get stale very quickly, why? Because there is nothing to the mode, just a straight up team deathmatch in an open area. A hundred different fighter squadron maps might seem like a lot of content, but in the end the scenery makes no different to the match outcome. The fighter squadron maps on the death star dlc change the mode up, as you have things to fly around/through. They don't need to add more maps for fighter squadron, they just need to add a few things to fly around on the vanilla maps. (But they wont of course)
    Dennis has already stated that theyre working on adding capital ships to the vanilla FS maps so Im not sure why you think they wont.

Capital ships in vanilla FS would be something to fly around for cover and may help prevent spawntrapping depending on how theyre implemented.

• Captain_Apollo38
    562 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Kerle wrote: »
    There are only two huge things I'd like to seen fixed.
    First off - change the awful Hero Token System already. I totally love the new DLC and I've already played it for hours. I think Im at ~20 complete Rounds of Battle Station (so all three Phases passed) but yet, I only got the chance to play as a hero twice.
    After people already know the possible spawning locations of the tokens the camping started again and everybody just trys to reach them, instead of saving R2-D2.
    Why can't players be choosen randomly for the Hero? Just like in Phase 3 where three players get assigned for the checkpoint race. You don't want to be a Hero? Fine, click deny and pass it on.
    At least its not annoying as int he Bespin DLC where you needed to play as a Hero for the Hutt Contract. I ended up watching spawn locations on YOutube and started camping myself, just to get this done.

Actually, with all the new Star Cards and Setup possebilities I mostly gave up to play as a hero and after 200 hours of actual gameplay its not that special anymore.

However, I think specially for new players its a pretty messed up thing to get one of the tokens and sometimes it fells like these tokens are the only objective for my team.
    I really dont know why EA/Dice is so in love with this hardly discussed system, but you guys should really change it at least for the heroes.

+ I think Chewie really needs a Damage Resistent Buff. He is so big, so slow and can even roll but doesnt seem to be able to take anymore Damage than Solo, Leia or Lando.
    A Buff against Blasterfire from common stormtroopers would be enough.

Second:

I would LOVE to see the Tie Defenders, Y-Wings, B-Wings and Tie Bombers be actually playable and have more challenging flight modes.

How awesome would it be to chase through an moving asteroid field with the millenium falcon?

And I dont care about my odds to pass it alive!

This. As someone else said add extraction and sabotage to the death star. We have plenty of maps with the vanilla modes, give us more maps for these unique dlc modes!
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • Dotty wrote: »
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Fighter squadron maps get stale very quickly, why? Because there is nothing to the mode, just a straight up team deathmatch in an open area. A hundred different fighter squadron maps might seem like a lot of content, but in the end the scenery makes no different to the match outcome. The fighter squadron maps on the death star dlc change the mode up, as you have things to fly around/through. They don't need to add more maps for fighter squadron, they just need to add a few things to fly around on the vanilla maps. (But they wont of course)
    Im not sure why you think they wont.

Probably has something to do with the sea of off topic posts that get put on this forum every day. If they are going to add that then that's pretty cool, but i didn't have any idea about them saying that.
  • can you guys add more outfits from the movies to the heroes and villains by any chance please?
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    can you guys add more outfits from the movies to the heroes and villains by any chance please?

Yes please.
  • Massive fps issues after the Death Star dlc (vanilla maps). Before it I would get 60+ fps and now on the same maps and computer I get 25-30 fps...
  • Hey Dice!!
    I like this game. I have heaps of fun with my family offline. Please continue to support offline modes. I wont buy DLC unless it's equally offline compatible. Otherwise, a discounted offline pack would be cool. I understand not everything may be done offline to take place of online. Thank you for the patches and updates that do affect the offline. I'm glad to have free new guns!! And I really like the free maps you have for offline. I would really like more offline maps and modes. You've done well with the Ai, keep it up. They are good, and can get better! I would like the option to tell troopers to follow you when offline, like in the original SW battlefront games. Your doing a good job! I have liked the game since beta. There are still hit detection issues on skirmish offline splitscreen mode. I would really liked it fixed. Some offline skirmish splitscreen maps on are really quiet. Sometimes they're hectic like Solust when your playing as the empire, but other times you sit there at the uplink and either little happens, or actually nothing happens, which is odd. You guys are doing a good job! Keep fighting those bugs! Oh, a couple of times the screen has gone blank all of a sudden for a couple seconds since the death star update. Its happened twice while doing offline skirmish splitscreen. I also had this time when I was getting into a tie fighter on solust and it showed me as a snow trooper on hoth crouching and doing the thing and then I was back on solust in the tie fighter; weird. Thanks for removing the storm trooper option of no helmet; that was weird in my opinion. Never ever has a storm trooper in the movies run around without a helmet.

- Your doing well!
    - More offline maps and modes
    - Offline enemy heros
    - Offline DLC pack?
    - Offline hand customisation
    - Hit detection issues
    - improved Ai involment
    - Ai buddy up system

Star wars battlefront is a good game!!
    Its going to get better!!
  • Wolffe2100 wrote: »
    Seeying all those negative threads , i think that people were overhyped for this DLC
    I did the same mistake. Seeing a TIE Defender in the trailer made me think that i will actually be able to fly it ( for a fan of the ship this sounded like a dream come true), but then i figured out that it is a simple AI pickup which made me very angry and frustrated
    But then , i realised that i just had unbelieveably high expectations , and the devs are not to blame (they are to be blamed for long loading times and numerous glitches, but not for our unrealistic expectations)
    I know some people would disagree with my "overhype" statement, but it is true
    I hope more ships will get added though
    Crucial word :hope

They didn't have time to make the new ships flyable I don't think, but now that they exist and everything there's a good chance they could be fixed up so we could choose them! I'd love to be able to fly a bomber and use it to destroy a Capital Ship :smiley:

Dont we all!
  • I liked it but I would like some more game modes. Like cargo, droid run and maybe even supremacy
  • Since the DLC I have to Ctrl Alt Del and kill the game in task manager after every round as it sticks on the loading screen.
    It seems to happen to all players in the round.
    I post, asking about it every day.
    I come back every day to find no acknowledgement of the issue...except from the hundreds of other players experiencing it.
    Weeks go by, then a 2Gb update...which doesn't fix it...
    Still no acknowledgement or answers from DICE or the moderators.
    It's just rude.
  • CraneSix wrote: »
    Issue: Fighter Squad
    But I have a really really hard time locking on to fighters now. I could always blast AI fighters without taking too much time from dogfighting human players (which had an nice lock on time which rewarded careful manouvering), which was always even to me. But now it is impossible to lock on to anyone, AI or Human.

I have limited time to play, and I am starting to avoid this game entirely, even though the Dogfighting is a small part of the overall game. It's just not worth the time investment to even join a Fighter Squad game.

Funny story, when I first started (I used either Mouse or Gamepad interchangably) I didn't know about the Lock-On option. So I got all my kills by manually leading the targets (not many kills, to be honest). When I found out about Lock-On I stopped being frustrated.
    I am unable to lock or lead on anything now, even with my feeble unassisted skills. It is getting so bad that I've been avoiding the DeathStar Playlist and all FighterSquad games, which I used to love.

Exactly. Please get rid of the soft lock overheat mechanic. It's as unnecessary as having an overheat mechanic for using your blasters' sights/scopes. Also, please fix the issue in Skirmish Fighter Squadron where tokens no longer respawn, because that and the soft lock addition have rendered it almost completely unplayable.
    New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
  • I love Bossk ability to regain health per kill. Please @Sledgehammer70 can you add this for all the heroes? Its very balanced. Only 2% health back each kill.
    It is the most rapid and balanced way to improve all the heroes and the heroes gameplay in general.
    Considering how much damage a single soldier can cause to a hero, it's not too much. Bossk is the proof that the system work well.
  • samuraiachilles
    1 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Removed for violating EA TOS
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    CraneSix wrote: »
    Issue: Fighter Squad
    But I have a really really hard time locking on to fighters now. I could always blast AI fighters without taking too much time from dogfighting human players (which had an nice lock on time which rewarded careful manouvering), which was always even to me. But now it is impossible to lock on to anyone, AI or Human.

Exactly. Please get rid of the soft lock overheat mechanic. It's as unnecessary as having an overheat mechanic for using your blasters' sights/scopes. Also, please fix the issue in Skirmish Fighter Squadron where tokens no longer respawn, because that and the soft lock addition have rendered it almost completely unplayable.

Overheat should stay. It adds a bit more strategy when locking on.
  • We need more skirmish!