criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    @samuraiachilles

Well he's right about the one shot kill from across the map. I had Londo one shot me from across the map on Twilight several times in a row and I was a Villian at full health.

He's also right about the cheaters. I had a match of Fighter Squadron were this one X-Wing was invincible. Me and this other Tie Fighter were blasting away at this guy for like 10 minutes and zero damage.

As far as the Deathstar DLC Heroes/Villians at same time glitch goes, I think that glitch he's talking about or something similar is also on Hero Hunt because you'll end up with two Darth Vaders or two of Darth Sidious. I'm not sure if that's what he means. I thought the Deathstar DLC patch fixed that though?

I however do not agree with Bossk being OP. I have dominated as him and have also died very fast too as him. I think it just depends who your playing against.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing_268 on
  • Nezzer805 wrote: »
    [/i][/b]You guys could have at least put some new game modes for the publuc release of this thing I love this game but this new dlc really disappointed me content wise and this comment thing sucks as well when we don't even get one response :/

That's what I'm saying I thought I was using it wrong , I was wondering why we give them feed back and they ignore us I just want to know when we are getting the hero skins from the last dlc s.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    Overheat should stay. It adds a bit more strategy when locking on.

I really don't think it does. It's micromanaging and favors only a select type of Fighter Squadron player. The game mode was well-balanced and "strategic" before the overheat was added. Even if someone "spammed" the softlock, you got ample warning of a lock-on before the shots or missiles even hit you. This change favors only a select type of player with a specific play style and punishes the rest.

New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
    Overheat should stay. It adds a bit more strategy when locking on.

I really don't think it does. It's micromanaging and favors only a select type of Fighter Squadron player. The game mode was well-balanced and "strategic" before the overheat was added. Even if someone "spammed" the softlock, you got ample warning of a lock-on before the shots or missiles even hit you. This change favors only a select type of player with a specific play style and punishes the rest.

Yeah, the type who knows how to adapt to a situation. The type who can keep track of more than one thing at a time. The type who is aware of what they're doing and stays in the moment, instead of mindlessly holding down the soft lock the entire time.

I love the soft lock overheat. Like Gingie said, it adds a bit more strategy.
  • NYCloneTrooper
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, the type who knows how to adapt to a situation. The type who can keep track of more than one thing at a time. The type who is aware of what they're doing and stays in the moment, instead of mindlessly holding down the soft lock the entire time.

Okay, sure, but not everyone is good at that, and it makes the mode very unfriendly to the less skilled or experienced players. I don't hold down the soft lock (though I'd use it for longer than five seconds), but even for players that did, it was balanced. You got a warning when you were being locked on to, and it wasn't difficult to evade the player pursuing you.
    The overheat is restrictive and micromanaging to any player who doesn't use the soft lock in a very specific way, but for the players that already used in in short five second bursts, it's great. Without the overheat, players like you can still use it in the short bursts, and others can use it for longer without getting any unfair advantages. To me, it's as superfluous as setting a five second time limit on aiming down your blaster's sights.
    Plus, it destroys the immersion factor of the game (something that DICE otherwise did a great job with).
    Base One: "Luke, you switched off your targeting computer, what's wrong?"
    Luke: "I don't know. It just kinda powered off after five seconds. Is it supposed to do that?"
    Base One: "Yeah. The designers set a time limit so that you'd use it strategically."
    Luke: "Well, that's stupid."
    (meanwhile)
    Darth Vader: "I have you now!"
    (his targeting computer powers off)
  • We need more skirmish!

Agreed
    We NEED Offline Galactic Assault (Where the objectives are suitable for the AI and where the ENTIRE large scale maps are utilized by both the player and AI), Vehicle AI to fight against in large scale battles offline, and of course SA Offline.
    #soloplayersmatter #singleplayersmatter #offlinegamersmatter
  • Yeah, the type who knows how to adapt to a situation. The type who can keep track of more than one thing at a time. The type who is aware of what they're doing and stays in the moment, instead of mindlessly holding down the soft lock the entire time.

Okay, sure, but not everyone is good at that, and it makes the mode very unfriendly to the less skilled or experienced players. I don't hold down the soft lock (though I'd use it for longer than five seconds), but even for players that did, it was balanced. You got a warning when you were being locked on to, and it wasn't difficult to evade the player pursuing you.
    The overheat is restrictive and micromanaging to any player who doesn't use the soft lock in a very specific way, but for the players that already used in in short five second bursts, it's great. Without the overheat, players like you can still use it in the short bursts, and others can use it for longer without getting any unfair advantages. To me, it's as superfluous as setting a five second time limit on aiming down your blaster's sights.
    Plus, it destroys the immersion factor of the game (something that DICE otherwise did a great job with).
    Luke: "I don't know. It just kinda powered off after five seconds. Is it supposed to do that?"
    Base One: "Yeah. The designers set a time limit so that you'd use it strategically."
    Luke: "Well, that's ****."
    (meanwhile)

Great!!! Huehuehue +10.000
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016

(meanwhile)
    Desiliijic wrote: »

(meanwhile)

Great!!! Huehuehue +10.000

Outstanding comments, you speak my heart. The cool down for soft lock gets me killed a lot. The reason is because it takes so very long to take out the target. Time you can NOT afford to waste. If you take to long dropping a fighter, you are eventually spotted by the enemy and they kill you. I lost track of how many times an A.I. Y-Wing or Tie Defender dropped me because I was to long in a straight line pursuing a human in a fighter and the reverse of that, that being, being in pursuit of an A.I. Fighter...then lose soft lock...go into cool down, have to wait, then get shot in the back by a human fighter pilot.

I feel the changes made to FS is wonderful, it is a lot more ballanced now. Matches are much closer. But the soft lock cooldown has to go.
  • Showmeyomoves
    278 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    (meanwhile)

I actually had to adapt too. I used to mindlessly hold down the button, and I found Fighter Squadron to be amazingly dull because of it. There just wasn't much to the mechanics, besides moving your ship/reticule around and firing lasers until the other guy went boom.

And I get that target-lock overheat doesn't make much sense in the context of the universe (as you illustrated), but just like the liberties they took with the Death Star trench, I feel gameplay should come first in this case. Lock-on overheat isn't really necessary for infantry gameplay, since there's already tons of stuff to do and keep in mind when playing as a soldier: positioning, taking cover, guarding objectives, using your star cards, managing cooldowns, preventing/resetting blaster overheat, jumping, rolling, running, ducking, etc.
    Outstanding comments, you speak my heart. The cool down for soft lock gets me killed a lot. The reason is because it takes so very long to take out the target. Time you can NOT afford to waste. If you take to long dropping a fighter, you are eventually spotted by the enemy and they kill you. I lost track of how many times an A.I. Y-Wing or Tie Defender dropped me because I was to long in a straight line pursuing a human in a fighter and the reverse of that, that being, being in pursuit of an A.I. Fighter...then lose soft lock...go into cool down, have to wait, then get shot in the back by a human fighter pilot.

I feel the changes made to FS is wonderful, it is a lot more ballanced now. Matches are much closer. But the soft lock cooldown has to go.

It took me a bit of time to adapt to the new mechanics too. Try getting the enemy in your crosshairs first and then engage the target lock. Then start firing as soon as you have a lock (or even slightly before). This also prevents your opponent from getting a timely warning: By the time they're able to react, you've already blasted them within an inch of their life (especially if you use the TIE Interceptor's laser barrage).

I just watched a video by OTAKU where he basically breaks it down like this:

> Find a target
    > Track your target until you have it in your sights
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

I probably forgot a step or two, but the above works for me.
  • I actually had to adapt too. I used to mindlessly hold down the button, and I found Fighter Squadron to be amazingly dull because of it. There just wasn't much to the mechanics, besides moving your ship/reticule around and firing lasers until the other guy went boom.

And I get that target-lock overheat doesn't make much sense in the context of the universe (as you illustrated), but just like the liberties they took with the Death Star trench, I feel gameplay should come first in this case. Lock-on overheat isn't really necessary for infantry gameplay, since there's already tons of stuff to do and keep in mind when playing as a soldier: positioning, taking cover, guarding objectives, using your star cards, managing cooldowns, preventing/resetting blaster overheat, jumping, rolling, running, ducking, etc.

It took me a bit of time to adapt to the new mechanics too. Try getting the enemy in your crosshairs first and then engage the target lock. Then start firing as soon as you have a lock (or even slightly before). This also prevents your opponent from getting a timely warning: By the time they're able to react, you've already blasted them within an inch of their life (especially if you use the TIE Interceptor's laser barrage).

> Find a target
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

I get that and I respect that you and other players like to play Fight Squadron that way, but you can still do all of that without the overheat being there. No matter what, there are going to be players who don't want to use their soft lock exactly like that, and they're the ones who lose the ability to play FS the way they want because of this addition. If one were to constantly hold down the soft lock in a match, they get simpler gameplay at the cost of the element of surprise when attacking another player. If they pick their moments more carefully like you and others do, they get the jump on their opponent but have to be more careful about their lock usage to get it. Though I didn't constantly hold down the soft lock (at least in multiplayer), I used it for much longer than five seconds, and it worked well for me. But why should every other FS player be forced to use their soft lock exactly like I do? Without the overheat, everybody gets to play the way they want without there being an imbalance.
  • Captain_Apollo38
    562 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    So been trying Battlestation after the update that lowered the ISD hitpoints in phase 1. Gotta say DICE you nerfed it waaay too much. As Imperials you basically need everything to go perfectly for you to stop the Rebels at this phase. It's not been uncommon for me to see the Rebels win before the timer hits the 5 minutes left mark.

Maybe the original HP was too high but now it feels absurdly low. When I play Imperials I don't really feel there's much point to PTO as they're going to win the phase no matter how hard you try to keep them from attacking the ISD. It currently makes more sense for Imperials to just take the Blast mode approach and wait until the next phase to try to stop the Imperials.

Also again please add extraction and sabotage to the playlist. The base game covers the vanilla modes plenty (so do the previous DLC), we need more maps for these unique DLC modes.
  • I heard what Dennis had to say about the Falcon and Slave I nerf on the live stream. Reducing their health won't balance them, it'll just make people not want to play as them as they'll be a big, lumbering target. If going on killing sprees for the whole match worries you, why not implement a time limit? Bring back the Falcon and Slave I's strength, please!!
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    I heard what Dennis had to say about the Falcon and Slave I nerf on the live stream. Reducing their health won't balance them, it'll just make people not want to play as them as they'll be a big, lumbering target. If going on killing sprees for the whole match worries you, why not implement a time limit? Bring back the Falcon and Slave I's strength, please!!

The Hero ships are a joke right now.
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • I heard what Dennis had to say about the Falcon and Slave I nerf on the live stream. Reducing their health won't balance them, it'll just make people not want to play as them as they'll be a big, lumbering target. If going on killing sprees for the whole match worries you, why not implement a time limit? Bring back the Falcon and Slave I's strength, please!!

I've defended this nerf in the past, but after playing as Slave I a few more times... Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. It's soooo slow and weak. Good luck shaking enemies off your tail when you're flying the equivalent of a 16-wheeler through space.
  • Can we get some movie accurate skins for Luke?
    Tan jump suit for Bespin and white tunic for Deathstar?
  • Skirmish content offline most requested
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016

> Find a target
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

Fighter Squadron Changes

Well adapting the changes made to Fighter Squadron for this Deathstar DLC has been a challenge. I tried your method not using lock on until up close and have it in my sights before locking on with the left trigger. It did get me like 8 human kills and 15 A.I. for a total of 23 fighters but still nowhere near the old days of 60 fighters before the FS changes.

I do however finally understand what the dev meant now when he said it forces more strategy. It also though radically increase deaths. I still die way more under the new system of Soft Lock cooldown.

Deathstar Phase Three
    When we are a X-Wing or A-Wing grabbing the yellow markers heading for the Deathstar exhaust port, there is an issue: Every time we get out in the open (before going back down into the tunnel) and the next section, we are always killed, it never fails. Dice is there any way we can get a B-Wing pick-up in the tunnel, a little ways before we have to come out into the open, oh and please give the B-Wing a really fast spawn in so it can defend us? There is never anyone covering me or my friends back in that section, were we have to momentarily expose ourselves to the surface, never, literally never. I have yet to personally blow up the Deathstar, nether have my friends who have come over. Oh and yes we turned on Shields when exposed on the surface. Three hits from a Tie Interceptor barrage and boom were dead. So much for Shields. It's unfair...I go through so many markers then get shot in the back and some other Rebel pilot guy or gal takes all the glory for all my hard labor and blows it up. I am soooooo depressed right now. For once I want to be able to blow it up, it's not fair. Help Dice, please help.
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Hey Dice/EA, are you reading this? I DONT LIKE YOUR GAME ANYMORE! I have done this account just to let you know about how disappointed im! What have you done with the Traits? Are you mad?

We got used to the traits and now you completely change them? At every update i understood that you tweak something but to completely change it? I came to this forum because i didnt knew whats happening with the game, i thought bugs but no, its the devs!!

Next update will have Han Solo's guns changed to a laser saber and Vader will have a lasso? I DONT LIKE YOUR GAME ANYMORE! To many changes, at every update we need to accommodate with the game again!

Oh and to let you know why i havent bought the seasson pass, it is because we cant play DLC maps together with the main game maps and we cant choose on DLC maps what game mode to play.

• It took me a bit of time to adapt to the new mechanics too. Try getting the enemy in your crosshairs first and then engage the target lock. Then start firing as soon as you have a lock (or even slightly before). This also prevents your opponent from getting a timely warning: By the time they're able to react, you've already blasted them within an inch of their life (especially if you use the TIE Interceptor's laser barrage).

> Find a target
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

Well adapting the changes made to Fighter Squadron for this Deathstar DLC has been a challenge. I tried your method not using lock on until up close and have it in my sights before locking on with the left trigger. It did get me like 8 human kills and 15 A.I. for a total of 23 fighters but still no were near the old days of 60 fighters before the FS changes.

I do however finally understand what the dev meant now when he said it forces more strategy. It also though radically increase deaths. I still die way more under the new system.

There was nothing wrong with the old system. No unfair advantage for players who used the lock-on in their preferred way. Without the overheat, everybody gets to play the way they want, and it's fair to everyone. With the overheat, a section of the player base gets to continue playing FS the way they want, and another section doesn't. The overheat. Needs. To go.
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member

> Find a target
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

Well adapting the changes made to Fighter Squadron for this Deathstar DLC has been a challenge. I tried your method not using lock on until up close and have it in my sights before locking on with the left trigger. It did get me like 8 human kills and 15 A.I. for a total of 23 fighters but still no were near the old days of 60 fighters before the FS changes.

I do however finally understand what the dev meant now when he said it forces more strategy. It also though radically increase deaths. I still die way more under the new system.

There was nothing wrong with the old system. No unfair advantage for players who used the lock-on in their preferred way. Without the overheat, everybody gets to play the way they want, and it's fair to everyone. With the overheat, a section of the player base gets to continue playing FS the way they want, and another section doesn't. The overheat. Needs. To go.

There wasn't an unfair advantage, it's just that the fighter combat got dull because being able to constantly hold down the lock-on.
    There wasn't an unfair advantage, it's just that the fighter combat got dull because being able to constantly hold down the lock-on.

If it was getting dull, you could just use the lock-on in short bursts without the overheat forcing you to. Was it dull that other players were using the lock-on continuously? All that means is that you got a lock-on warning with extra time to evade your pursuer. And why should a whole section of the FS player base have to adopt a new style of gameplay that they don't like because you think it's "dull?" The old targeting system worked fine because players could use the soft lock however they wanted.
  • Palpa
    143 posts Member
    HEY @Sledgehammer70

I assume the new skins for luke, han, and leia are coming in the next update.

But can you consider:

-Bespin Luke outfit with blue lightsaber +Leia's Bespin gown + Chewbacca with C-3PO on his back on all Bespin maps. (C-3PO making smart comments would be great.)

-Luke's farmer outfit with blue lightsaber on maps like Rebel Depot, Juneland Wastes, Jawa Refuge, and Raider Camp

-Lando's Undercover outfit in Jabba's Palace maps.

-Luke's Endor outfit to match Leia's Endor outfit.

-Han wearing just his white shirt from when he gets revived from the carbonite on Dune Sea Exchange and Jabba's Palace maps.

All of these skins are awesome and great callbacks to Original Trilogy and they make sense with the maps they're on. I feel it'd be great to bring these in with community challenges too, it could help with getting more people back on the servers to play longer.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016

> Find a target
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

Well managed to reach 53 fighters [37 humans and 16 A.I.] on Fighter Squadron so I've almost caught my personal best of 60 [from the old FS system]. So I guess I can live with the changes made since the Deathstar DLC. I will admit though I did get A.I. help. That said it is quite a different mode now, you totally need waaaaaaay different strategies.

A.I. Y-Wing Spawn in Sometimes Explodes
    Dear Dice, sometimes when we grab the Y-Wing pick up the A.I. ship explodes because we are to near the ground. Could you please move the A.I. spawn in upwards a little. Not the token, where it is is just fine. Just the spawn in of the actual ship. I know it will respawn but we lose a lot of time before it respawns. Please it's such a simple fix just let the B-Wing materialize a little higher up in the air, thank you for your time. :)
    Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • Well managed to reach 53 fighters [37 humans and 16 A.I.] on Fighter Squadron so I've almost caught my personal best of 60 [from the old FS system]. So I guess I can live with the changes made since the Deathstar DLC. I will admit though I did get A.I. help. That said it is quite a different mode now, you totally need waaaaaaay different strategies.

The original soft lock system worked fine and didn't need to be fixed because it wasn't broken.
  • Okay, sure, but not everyone is good at that, and it makes the mode very unfriendly to the less skilled or experienced players. I don't hold down the soft lock (though I'd use it for longer than five seconds), but even for players that did, it was balanced. You got a warning when you were being locked on to, and it wasn't difficult to evade the player pursuing you.
    (meanwhile)

I actually had to adapt too. I used to mindlessly hold down the button, and I found Fighter Squadron to be amazingly dull because of it. There just wasn't much to the mechanics, besides moving your ship/reticule around and firing lasers until the other guy went boom.

> Find a target
    > Engange lock-on
    > Fire

100%
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • Well managed to reach 53 fighters [37 humans and 16 A.I.] on Fighter Squadron so I've almost caught my personal best of 60 [from the old FS system]. So I guess I can live with the changes made since the Deathstar DLC. I will admit though I did get A.I. help. That said it is quite a different mode now, you totally need waaaaaaay different strategies.

The original soft lock system worked fine and didn't need to be fixed because it wasn't broken.

It was annoying holding down the button all the time. Minor annoyance, but annoying. This appears to be annoying to some people too, so it's kind of a toss up.
  • NYCloneTrooper
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    briandt75 wrote: »
    Well managed to reach 53 fighters [37 humans and 16 A.I.] on Fighter Squadron so I've almost caught my personal best of 60 [from the old FS system]. So I guess I can live with the changes made since the Deathstar DLC. I will admit though I did get A.I. help. That said it is quite a different mode now, you totally need waaaaaaay different strategies.

It was annoying holding down the button all the time. Minor annoyance, but annoying. This appears to be annoying to some people too, so it's kind of a toss up.

Okay, but you didn't need an overheat mechanic to use the soft lock differently. All it does is force players who don't want to use it in short bursts to use it that way. You can use the soft lock in your "strategic" way without the overheat. Players that use their soft lock for longer than five seconds or even the ones who "spam" it do not get any unfair advantages for doing so. It's harmless.
    How would you like it if a new patch made it so that the soft lock was always on? I'm sure you'd eventually get used to it, but you'd probably hate it because it eliminates your ability to choose how to use the soft lock. I bet it'd be even worse for you if every time you asked for the old system to be restored, you had players (who all just so happen to have been using the soft lock this way before the patch) mansplain to you that you're "doing it wrong" or being a "noob" for using the soft lock in short bursts before the patch.
    If the overheat gets taken away, everyone gets to use the soft lock the way they want and the gameplay remains balanced.
  • The soft lock has just ruined it for me. I could kill between 3-4 ships before my blasters would overheat. I cannot do that now with the lock on cool down. I constantly have to keep taking my finger off and on the trigger making it very hard to fly at the same time for me. Then you have the kills not counting thing ,as well as, the AI wingbots straight murdering you. I had one game where 11 of 13 deaths were from y-wings and b-wings. Used to play Fighter squadron every day, now not even when it comes up in a rotation. RUINED is my opinion.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    The soft lock has just ruined it for me. I could kill between 3-4 ships before my blasters would overheat. I cannot do that now with the lock on cool down. I constantly have to keep taking my finger off and on the trigger making it very hard to fly at the same time for me.
    This has nothing to do with the lockon overheat. This is you not letting go of the laser button and or not slowing down.

• Dotty wrote: »
    The soft lock has just ruined it for me. I could kill between 3-4 ships before my blasters would overheat. I cannot do that now with the lock on cool down. I constantly have to keep taking my finger off and on the trigger making it very hard to fly at the same time for me.
    This has nothing to do with the lockon overheat. This is you not letting go of the laser button and or not slowing down.

Still, the overheat needs to go. It prevents people from playing FS the way that they want to.
  • Whadoyawant
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yea the Hero ships are way too weak. I've seen players (and myself) completely avoid the hero tokens in the first phase on Battlestation because we all know how weak the hero ships are. Laser Barrage will melt the Millennium Falcon in a heartbeat.

In addition, please make the pickups spawn again in Phase 1 of Battlestation as I noticed they don't spawn again after it's been all picked up.

For the Death Star Trooper Skin:
    I've been trying very hard for the devs to take notice of this. Although it's not as important as some of the other topics, it's still an issue in my opinion. The Death Star Trooper gloves are wrong as they are suppose to look like the ones the X-Wing pilot should have on. It kinda looks as though it was just a copy and paste of the Imperial Officer and doesn't reflect on the attention to detail. Some other people have also brought this issue up and we wouldn't mind if they just took the X-Wing pilot gloves and place them onto the Death Star Trooper. Nonetheless, I hope the developers can fix this once they have finished with the other important things affecting the gameplay.

I hope they also add in the TIE fighter pilot and Death Star Gunner in the future too :)
    q83cvyy6odix.jpg
    Post edited by Whadoyawant on
  • Dotty wrote: »

Still, the overheat needs to go. It prevents people from playing FS the way that they want to.

lol, you mean the cheap and easy way? The lock on overheat is one of the best things they have introduced to the game. Imagine the ground combat without the overheat system. Now fighter squadron is on the same level as people cant just hold a button to make things much easier.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Dotty wrote: »

lol, you mean the cheap and easy way? The lock on overheat is one of the best things they have introduced to the game. Imagine the ground combat without the overheat system. Now fighter squadron is on the same level as people cant just hold a button to make things much easier.

True, I love it!
  • @TheVestalViking @FireWall @Sledgehammer70 I am a #soloplayersmatter member and we want skirmish support for all online and dlc content with hero ai. Please respond we want to know the future of skirmish support?
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

For the umpteenth time: You do not need the overheat to use the soft lock in your coveted "strategic" way.
    And once again, in case you weren't listening: There is no unfair advantage to players using the lock-on longer than five seconds. Whether they "spam" it or not.
    Before the overheat, you had a choice, and there were befits/disadvantages to how you used the soft lock. The longer you used it, the simpler your gameplay was, at the cost of surprising your enemy when attacking them. The more reserved you were (which made it more complicated), the more you'd get the jump on another player.
    The overheat needs to be taken away. Not everyone wants to use the soft lock the same exact way.
  • Please add more game modes, also where is Leais buns and white dress? I love this game but to keep it "authentic" you need to add the right costumes per map for each hero.
  • Impatix25 wrote: »
    Please add more game modes, also where is Leais buns and white dress? I love this game but to keep it "authentic" you need to add the right costumes per map for each hero.

This.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

For the umpteenth time: You do not need the overheat to use the soft lock in your coveted "strategic" way.
    And once again, in case you weren't listening: There is no unfair advantage to players using the lock-on longer than five seconds. Whether they "spam" it or not.
    Before the overheat, you had a choice, and there were befits/disadvantages to how you used the soft lock. The longer you used it, the simpler your gameplay was, at the cost of surprising your enemy when attacking them. The more reserved you were (which made it more complicated), the more you'd get the jump on another player.
    The overheat needs to be taken away. Not everyone wants to use the soft lock the same exact way.

It works fine. Why can't you just learn to use it? I just got top honors in FS on Death Star because of the changes they made to starfighters. Seems to work pretty good for me.
  • NYCloneTrooper
    84 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    briandt75 wrote: »
    It works fine. Why can't you just learn to use it? I just got top honors in FS on Death Star because of the changes they made to starfighters. Seems to work pretty good for me.

e76.gif
    For the same reason you wouldn't if there was a patch that made the soft lock constantly on. Not everyone likes to use the soft lock exactly the same way as players like you, and just because something works well for you doesn't mean it'll work the same for everyone else. The overheat took away completely fair gameplay options. I don't get why you're so adamant about it either. You wouldn't lose anything (gameplay-wise) if they got rid of the overheat, it just allows other players use the soft lock however they like.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The soft lock has just ruined it for me. I could kill between 3-4 ships before my blasters would overheat. I cannot do that now with the lock on cool down. I constantly have to keep taking my finger off and on the trigger making it very hard to fly at the same time for me. Then you have the kills not counting thing ,as well as, the AI wingbots straight murdering you. I had one game where 11 of 13 deaths were from y-wings and b-wings. Used to play Fighter squadron every day, now not even when it comes up in a rotation. RUINED is my opinion.

I'm a writer, I got carpel tunnel in my wrist from typing to much. I found that the new system of lock on cooldown actually causes me pain. But not so before when I could just hold the left bumper down. I feel sorry for those with physical handicaps, this new cooldown lock on must really be hard to fly, without suffering. Having this injury really has made me feel for them.
  • I would do with this dlc? well I think I would play again, like Battlefront 2, but would retain the graphics and content with time would add new movies, I would do if billionaire responsible for the game

Add clon wars too
  • I just want the devs to actually make an effort with this game. There are loads of glitches and Death lacks content. :(
  • Darthyuval wrote: »
    Death lacks content. :(

That part made me laugh much harder than it should have.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    Darthyuval wrote: »
    Death lacks content. :(

That part made me laugh much harder than it should have.

Now that you say it :joy:
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The soft lock has just ruined it for me. I could kill between 3-4 ships before my blasters would overheat. I cannot do that now with the lock on cool down. I constantly have to keep taking my finger off and on the trigger making it very hard to fly at the same time for me. Then you have the kills not counting thing ,as well as, the AI wingbots straight murdering you. I had one game where 11 of 13 deaths were from y-wings and b-wings. Used to play Fighter squadron every day, now not even when it comes up in a rotation. RUINED is my opinion.

I'm a writer, I got carpel tunnel in my wrist from typing to much. I found that the new system of lock on cooldown actually causes me pain. But not so before when I could just hold the left bumper down. I feel sorry for those with physical handicaps, this new cooldown lock on must really be hard to fly, without suffering. Having this injury really has made me feel for them.
    I have empathy for disabled players however pulling the disabled card in this only shows your lack of empathy/thought about what you're saying.

The Starfighter blasters overheated long before Dice added the overheating lockon. Did those same players let go of that button when their blasters overheated? Did you let go of the fire button when your blaster overheated?
    You did say you have Carpal Tunnel. I'm curious what your infantry hand is.

I understand what you're trying to say but use common sense before you pull this stuff next time.

• Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016

I have empathy for disabled players however pulling the disabled card in this only shows your lack of empathy/thought about what you're saying.

The Starfighter blasters overheated long before Dice added the overheating lockon. Did those same players let go of that button when their blasters overheated? Did you let go of the fire button when your blaster overheated?

I understand what you're trying to say but use common sense before you pull this stuff next time.
    Wow...I'm staying free and clear of this.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member

Wow...I'm staying free and clear of this.
    You brought it up. Don't backpedal now bro.

• Captain_Apollo38
    562 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Removed for violating EA TOS
  • Question for the developers: Are there currently any plans to expand extraction and sabotage to both the original maps and Death Star? On the Death Star it seems like a real missed opportunity to not have a sabotage mode using the Death Star tractor beam (I.E. disable the tractor beam and get to the hangar for an all out battle to escape in a cruiser with the tractor beam down). I'm just wondering if these modes will be expanded soon, those modes are great but it would be nice to play them on other maps (outside of Outer Rim for extraction and outside Bespin for sabotage). If so when can we expect to see that happen?
  • Aldric_18 wrote: »
    Question for the developers: Are there currently any plans to expand extraction and sabotage to both the original maps and Death Star? On the Death Star it seems like a real missed opportunity to not have a sabotage mode using the Death Star tractor beam (I.E. disable the tractor beam and get to the hangar for an all out battle to escape in a cruiser with the tractor beam down). I'm just wondering if these modes will be expanded soon, those modes are great but it would be nice to play them on other maps (outside of Outer Rim for extraction and outside Bespin for sabotage). If so when can we expect to see that happen?

My goodness what an outstanding question. It is so good in fact it should have its very own topic thread.