criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Skirmish content offline all of it include dlc please
  • DarthCapa
    1424 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Heroes ships needs urgently of buffs. Now are made of paper, especially the Falcon and Slave 1 that are easy targets for their size. @Sledgehammer70
  • DarthCapa wrote: »
    Heroes ships needs urgently of buffs. Now are made of paper, especially the Falcon and Slave 1 that are easy targets for their size. @Sledgehammer70

Never bother with hero ships due to the bulky space whale feeling they give when flying. As a standard tie fighter, you can just sit behind the falcon and take it from 100% to dead all on your own. The falcon should be able to shoot at all angles, but in this game its just a giant bullseye.
  • The introduction of B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Bombers and TIE Defenders would have been great if they were playable. Unfortunately, I had to rage quit fighter squadron earlier today, because I kept getting one-shotted at re-spawn. Make those vehicles playable with the same characteristics as the current A-Wings, X-Wings and TIE Fighters and Intercepters... or get rid of them because the ruin the fighter squadron/battle station experience. Loving the updates to soft lock and weapons, but hating the heavy fighter power ups.
  • CaptinGrim wrote: »
    The introduction of B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Bombers and TIE Defenders would have been great if they were playable. Unfortunately, I had to rage quit fighter squadron earlier today, because I kept getting one-shotted at re-spawn. Make those vehicles playable with the same characteristics as the current A-Wings, X-Wings and TIE Fighters and Intercepters... or get rid of them because the ruin the fighter squadron/battle station experience. Loving the updates to soft lock and weapons, but hating the heavy fighter power ups.

All the lock overheat does is force players to do something they were already capable of doing with their lock-on. Not everyone wants to use it the same way. The soft lock overheat needs to be taken away.
    New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
  • Ok, so why, why is it in any dlc pack if you select blast as a game mode, it doesnt stay in blast. If i choose to blast on the Death Star dlc, or any other for that matter, I wanna play blast. Not fighter squadron or any other. Can we PLEASE have this fixed. Also, why is there no dlc maps in skirmish? Some of us like the single player. Is there a plan for this? Id really like to play blast in single player on bespin, but would LOVE to play single player on the Death Star...can we PLEEEEEEEEASE make this happen?? I used alot of E's and everything...
  • CaptinGrim wrote: »
    The introduction of B-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE Bombers and TIE Defenders would have been great if they were playable. Unfortunately, I had to rage quit fighter squadron earlier today, because I kept getting one-shotted at re-spawn. Make those vehicles playable with the same characteristics as the current A-Wings, X-Wings and TIE Fighters and Intercepters... or get rid of them because the ruin the fighter squadron/battle station experience. Loving the updates to soft lock and weapons, but hating the heavy fighter power ups.

The soft lock overheat needs to be taken away.

Give it a rest, it's here to stay.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

This is an official feedback forum. The whole point is to comment what you like and dislike about the patch's changes.
    I liked what was added in the Death Star patch aside from the soft lock overheat (which, by the way, no significant amount of people was asking for). It's like taking a whole portion of the blasters away in order to make ground combat more "strategic."
    What the people defending the overheat repeatedly fail to grasp is that you never needed it to be "strategic," and there's nothing wrong with not using it strategically.
    The overheat is an unnecessary addition that should be undone.

This is an official feedback forum. The whole point is to comment what you like and dislike about the patch's changes.
    I liked what was added in the Death Star patch aside from the soft lock overheat (which, by the way, no significant amount of people was asking for). It's like taking a whole portion of the blasters away in order to make ground combat more "strategic."
    What the people defending the overheat repeatedly fail to grasp is that you never needed it to be "strategic," and there's nothing wrong with not using it strategically.
    The overheat is an unnecessary addition that should be undone.

Commenting on the same thing a hundred times isn't constructive feedback. You don't like it, fine. But it seems the people who like it or aren't fussed outweigh the people who hate it by quite some number. Get used to it, it's here to stay.
    Commenting on the same thing a hundred times isn't constructive feedback. You don't like it, fine. But it seems the people who like it or aren't fussed outweigh the people who hate it by quite some number. Get used to it, it's here to stay.

I've been trying to say that everybody wins if the overheat goes away. I've used different examples for why at times, but my main point is, the overheat is only good for people who already like using the soft lock in a certain way.
    As far as the number of people who like or dislike it, I've noticed more who don't, but I haven't actually counted them all up. On this forum alone though, it seems like there are more people who dislike it (obviously only counting all my posts as cumulatively just one person). But again, that's not even the point. The point is everyone gets to enjoy the game without it.
    Players who like it just sounds like they're arguing over how I should be playing a video game (even if it's harmless) when they get to play how they want. It's frustrating.
    If you don't like that I comment constantly about the overheat, I can't help you there. This change ruined FS for me, and almost nobody actually asked for a change to the soft lock. If it's really here to stay though, that's extremely disappointing.
  • Captain_Apollo38
    562 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yea the Hero ships are way too weak. I've seen players (and myself) completely avoid the hero tokens in the first phase on Battlestation because we all know how weak the hero ships are. Laser Barrage will melt the Millennium Falcon in a heartbeat.

In addition, please make the pickups spawn again in Phase 1 of Battlestation as I noticed they don't spawn again after it's been all picked up.

For the Death Star Trooper Skin:
    I've been trying very hard for the devs to take notice of this. Although it's not as important as some of the other topics, it's still an issue in my opinion. The Death Star Trooper gloves are wrong as they are suppose to look like the ones the X-Wing pilot should have on. It kinda looks as though it was just a copy and paste of the Imperial Officer and doesn't reflect on the attention to detail. Some other people have also brought this issue up and we wouldn't mind if they just took the X-Wing pilot gloves and place them onto the Death Star Trooper. Nonetheless, I hope the developers can fix this once they have finished with the other important things affecting the gameplay.

I hope they also add in the TIE fighter pilot and Death Star Gunner in the future too :)
    q83cvyy6odix.jpg

latest?cb=20130404030100

If you take a close look at this image the trooper in the foreground is wearing the officer style gloves as you can see just a bit of his right wrist between the glove and tunic. His left glove is clearly seen tucked underneath the sleeve of his tunic.

Some of the troopers next to him appear to be wearing the gloves you're talking about. (curiously it appears those troopers may be wearing TIE Pilot uniforms as the Imperial symbol is absent on the sleeve of the foreground trooper; the uniforms also appear to be made of a different cloth and have a slightly different cut for the collar being more consistent with the cut used for the Rebel Pilot jumpsuit than the foreground trooper's collar).

Regardless it appears that glove choice may have been a matter of personal choice.
  • Whadoyawant
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    The Scarif DLC Concept Art looks sick.
  • Whadoyawant
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Yea the Hero ships are way too weak. I've seen players (and myself) completely avoid the hero tokens in the first phase on Battlestation because we all know how weak the hero ships are. Laser Barrage will melt the Millennium Falcon in a heartbeat.

In addition, please make the pickups spawn again in Phase 1 of Battlestation as I noticed they don't spawn again after it's been all picked up.

I've been trying very hard for the devs to take notice of this. Although it's not as important as some of the other topics, it's still an issue in my opinion. The Death Star Trooper gloves are wrong as they are suppose to look like the ones the X-Wing pilot should have on. It kinda looks as though it was just a copy and paste of the Imperial Officer and doesn't reflect on the attention to detail. Some other people have also brought this issue up and we wouldn't mind if they just took the X-Wing pilot gloves and place them onto the Death Star Trooper. Nonetheless, I hope the developers can fix this once they have finished with the other important things affecting the gameplay.

I hope they also add in the TIE fighter pilot and Death Star Gunner in the future too :)
    q83cvyy6odix.jpg

latest?cb=20130404030100

If you take a close look at this image the trooper in the foreground is wearing the officer style gloves as you can see just a bit of his right wrist between the glove and tunic. His left glove is clearly seen tucked underneath the sleeve of his tunic.

Some of the troopers next to him appear to be wearing the gloves you're talking about. (curiously it appears those troopers may be wearing TIE Pilot uniforms as the Imperial symbol is absent on the sleeve of the foreground trooper; the uniforms also appear to be made of a different cloth and have a slightly different cut for the collar being more consistent with the cut used for the Rebel Pilot jumpsuit than the foreground trooper's collar).

Regardless it appears that glove choice may have been a matter of personal choice.

Yea I noticed that too once I saw some pictures and noticed that too. Most of the Death Star Troopers still have the TIE fighter gloves as portrayed in A New Hope when Luke/Han/Chewie were in the cell block and they were the standard Death Star Trooper without the Imperial Emblem on the arm. It's not super important but I still wish that they would change it. Plus, it looks cooler than the standard glove. :)
    If you look closely at the image below (sorry not the best quality), the standard DST are wearing the TIE fighter gloves. I think the developers copied the Imperial officer style over and didn't change it. Nevertheless, it is a very good skin but small details matter.

Also, Thank you for your reply! :smiley: I was really hoping someone would take a notice in this topic. Cheers!

dscrew07.jpgImperialFleetTrooperM3.jpg

• Are we getting a buff to the rebel team in the mode Battle Station? I was just the rebels and lost on the second round. My team wasn't able at all to claim R2-D2 and fought trying to claim him just once for 10 minutes, but none of us could.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    banjoman8 wrote: »
    Are we getting a buff to the rebel team in the mode Battle Station? I was just the rebels and lost on the second round. My team wasn't able at all to claim R2-D2 and fought trying to claim him just once for 10 minutes, but none of us could.

I've seen R2 claimed reeeeeally easy, I've seen R2 not claimed at all. It intirely depends upon:
    (1.) how good your team is
    (2.) what weapons they use
    (3.) if they work as one cohesive unit
    (4.) and if they are determined
    Battle Station is not easy, it requires teamwork, brains and strategy. If your a bunch of individuals you'll lose 75% of the time.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    (1.) Yes we need the Tie Fighter Pilot and the Deathstar Gunner as a skin:
    q83cvyy6odix.jpg

Good catch about the black gloves.latest?cb=20130404030100
    I did not catch that good eye. Yes Dice needs to fix that or perhaps they could have an option were you can wear or not wear the gloves. That would rock. B)
    (2.) The Shields vs TL-50 secondary fire
    Okay since the Deathstar DLC I have noticed that the new TL-50 secondary fire has really made Extraction nasty on the Outer Rim DLC maps. I do NOT want the TL-50 changed in any way. What I would like is to have the time Personal Shields are up to be slightly extended by like 5 seconds. This would allow us to at the very least be able to reach the objective alive.
    Thank you for your time. Love the TL-50 by the way.

Post edited by Starmasui17324 on
  • (1.) Yes we need the Tie Fighter Pilot and the Deathstar Gunner as a skin:
    q83cvyy6odix.jpg

I did not catch that good eye. Yes Dice needs to fix that or perhaps they could have an option were you can wear or not wear the gloves. That would rock. B)
    Okay since the Deathstar DLC I have noticed that the new TL-50 secondary fire has really made Extraction nasty on the Outer Rim DLC maps. I do NOT want the TL-50 changed in any way. What I would like is to have the time Personal Shields are up to be slightly extended by like 5 seconds. This would allow us to at the very least be able to reach the objective alive.

Thank you! I was once hoping the small issue would get noticed by some people. I know there are a lot more important things for the devs to work on, but they should correct the small things too. It just enhances the game and demonstrates attention to detail. The gloves and no gloves are a pretty cool feature too. :smiley:
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    (1.) Yes we need the Tie Fighter Pilot and the Deathstar Gunner as a skin:
    q83cvyy6odix.jpg

Thank you! I was once hoping the small issue would get noticed by some people. I know there are a lot more important things for the devs to work on, but they should correct the small things too. It just enhances the game and demonstrates attention to detail. The gloves and no gloves are a pretty cool feature too. :smiley:

Yeah that Shield thing (thanks to organized clans) has become a mega issue on Outpost Beta's snow fields. There is just no way to reach the uplinks now. Shields fall way to quick. It needs a buff. The newest weapons have made this an absolute must fix. * 5 more seconds of Shield could make all the difference.

*Whiners about that can always use Cycler rifle (at a distance), Scatter Gun (up close) or Melee (for really up close and personal), to get through the Shields.
  • (2.) The Shields vs TL-50 secondary fire

Yeah that Shield thing (thanks to organized clans) has become a mega issue on Outpost Beta's snow fields. There is just no way to reach the uplinks now. Shields fall way to quick. It needs a buff. The newest weapons have made this an absolute must fix. * 5 more seconds of Shield could make all the difference.

*Whiners about that can always use Cycler rifle (at a distance), Scatter Gun (up close) or Melee (for really up close and personal), to get through the Shields.

For the record time isn't the issue with personal shields, it's their health. 5 More seconds means nothing when you get popped more or less instantly from the TL-50 secondary fire.

And I will contest that I think the TL-50 needs some changes. Not to damage but more to how often you can use the secondary fire, and how long it takes to charge. The problem I have with it is that it's very fast to charge and can be used whilst jump-packing with devastating effect, additionally the ability to perform a cooling flush makes it a bit OP. Remove that ability and force units to use it whilst grounded with 1 more second to charge and it'll be much more balanced!
  • @Sledgehammer70 Maybe more large maps and vehicles? I am missing them since release only 7 large maps which are playable in one rotation.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • @Sledgehammer70 more skirmish content all offline please.
  • It would be awesome if the developers can add in more Imperial Officer Outfits including an all black one and a white one. @Sledgehammer70 dc0172bfbabf5412bc8716d38ed55188.jpg
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    It would be awesome if the developers can add in more Imperial Officer Outfits including an all black one and a white one. @Sledgehammer70 dc0172bfbabf5412bc8716d38ed55188.jpg

12196578-Approved-rubber-stamp-Stock-Vector.jpg
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • What I don't seem to understand why this thread is so big, looking at other post here it seems nobody at Dice gives a damn about the community so why even bother.
  • Best DLC until now. I love to play Death Star Battlestation.
    But one question...
    Yesterday I was imperial, last sequence were rebels must destroy the death star. The clock shows 00:00 round about 30 seconds, but the game didn't ends. So it was possible to destroy the death star for the rebels.
    Why the game didn't stopped after the time was counted down?
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Its_Me_007 wrote: »
    Best DLC until now. I love to play Death Star Battlestation.
    But one question...
    Yesterday I was imperial, last sequence were rebels must destroy the death star. The clock shows 00:00 round about 30 seconds, but the game didn't ends. So it was possible to destroy the death star for the rebels.
    Why the game didn't stopped after the time was counted down?

There were still chosen pilots to do the Trench Run alive after the countdown has reached 00:00.

That's why the game ended after, when the pilots died.
  • Fighter squadron was the only mode i WAS good at but then you nerfed the heck out of it locking cool-down its already hard enough to lock without it with the evasive maneuvers and flying right past you it serves no point the game was never unbalanced because of the cool-down it made sense its not like it was op anyways people knew when they were being locked and could adjust accordingly it fit in with everyones style heavy fighters could hold the button and play how they want while being noticed and stealth players could be smart about it no one every asked for the cooldown
  • ATR2004 wrote: »
    Fighter squadron was the only mode i WAS good at but then you nerfed the heck out of it locking cool-down its already hard enough to lock without it with the evasive maneuvers and flying right past you it serves no point the game was never unbalanced because of the cool-down it made sense its not like it was op anyways people knew when they were being locked and could adjust accordingly it fit in with everyones style heavy fighters could hold the button and play how they want while being noticed and stealth players could be smart about it no one every asked for the cooldown

i meant EVEN not every
  • Whadoyawant
    21 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    ATR2004 wrote: »
    Fighter squadron was the only mode i WAS good at but then you nerfed the heck out of it locking cool-down its already hard enough to lock without it with the evasive maneuvers and flying right past you it serves no point the game was never unbalanced because of the cool-down it made sense its not like it was op anyways people knew when they were being locked and could adjust accordingly it fit in with everyones style heavy fighters could hold the button and play how they want while being noticed and stealth players could be smart about it no one every asked for the cooldown

It's difficult to understand and read what you're trying to say. Have you ever heard of a period?
  • ATR2004 wrote: »

It's difficult to understand and read what you're trying to say. Have you ever heard of a period?

How would his knowledge of a women's monthly cycle, help you understand him better?
    ATR2004 wrote: »

How would his knowledge of a women's monthly cycle, help you understand him better?

LMAO.
  • More skirmish content please
  • Is there a chance we could have re-spawning health pickups on the first part of battle station? Its annoying when you take down an enemy and are left with a tiny amount if health. Your only choice is to fly around with a trail of smoke until someone taps you with their lasers. It would be nice to be able to recover somewhat and fight again.

Also the video of the ship landing in the death star looks horribly compressed and out of place with the quality of the rest of the game.
  • Yea the Hero ships are way too weak. I've seen players (and myself) completely avoid the hero tokens in the first phase on Battlestation because we all know how weak the hero ships are. Laser Barrage will melt the Millennium Falcon in a heartbeat.

q83cvyy6odix.jpg

latest?cb=20130404030100

Yea I noticed that too once I saw some pictures and noticed that too. Most of the Death Star Troopers still have the TIE fighter gloves as portrayed in A New Hope when Luke/Han/Chewie were in the cell block and they were the standard Death Star Trooper without the Imperial Emblem on the arm. It's not super important but I still wish that they would change it. Plus, it looks cooler than the standard glove. :)
    If you look closely at the image below (sorry not the best quality), the standard DST are wearing the TIE fighter gloves. I think the developers copied the Imperial officer style over and didn't change it. Nevertheless, it is a very good skin but small details matter.

Also, Thank you for your reply! :smiley: I was really hoping someone would take a notice in this topic. Cheers!

:) my guess is they may have used the ROTJ uniform variant as their source material in which case the glove choice is accurate according to the photo in my previous post.

That said I agree the ANH look with the pilot gloves is cooler.
  • I do not like the changes to Fighter Squadron. While I understand tweaking the stats of a ship to balance out gameplay, changing the mechanics of the mode altogether was unwarranted. I was regularly getting decent kills in FS, but now I can barely crack 5. Considering this game isn't meant to be a flight sim, I don't understand why complicating the gameplay was necessary.
  • Crossfire on AMD cards is butter smooth on the vanilla maps but utterly broken on all the expansions.
    Will this ever be fixed????
  • Invisible walls need to be added for R2 in certain Death Star maps to prevent him from falling off. I entered a game where this happened, the timer was at zero for the next 10 minutes and onward, because I left and actually rejoined the same game much later, and since he can't technically die, R2 was down an infinite hole and no one could do anything but just kill each other for no reason. This must be dealt with. At least make him respawn and be instantly restrained to punish the guy who drove him off a ledge.
  • Invisible walls need to be added for R2 in certain Death Star maps to prevent him from falling off I entered a game where this happened, the timer was at zero for the next 10 minutes and onward, because I left and actually rejoined the same game much later, and since he can't technically die, R2 was down an infinite hole and no one could do anything but just kill each other for no reason. This must be dealt with. At least make him respawn and be instantly restrained to punish the guy who drove him off a ledge.

That's hilarious, :D I think your respawn idea is the best solution though Darth_Cerebus.
  • Juice2016
    115 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Invisible walls need to be added for R2 in certain Death Star maps to prevent him from falling off. I entered a game where this happened, the timer was at zero for the next 10 minutes and onward, because I left and actually rejoined the same game much later, and since he can't technically die, R2 was down an infinite hole and no one could do anything but just kill each other for no reason. This must be dealt with. At least make him respawn and be instantly restrained to punish the guy who drove him off a ledge.

Lol Dennis Brannvall
  • 3 things I want:

1) return the Falcon and Slave I to their normal HP.
    2) I want Red 5 and Tie Advanced in Skirmish.
    3) More modes in Death Star.
  • @Banzai_Eddie THE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE DLC'S SO FAR IS THE PLAYLISTS!!! So what, do you want less playlists, or more modes? Make up your minds already...

What we WANT is a BALANCED GAME!!!

RIGHT NOW, it FAVORS MULTIPLAYER, OVER SINGLE PLAYER!!!

As a RULE, ALL DLC should be "ACCESSIBLE", for ALL Maps/ModesINCLUDING: SINGLE PLAYER (ESPECIALLY: Battles and Survival!)
  • DarthFugue wrote: »
    @Banzai_Eddie THE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE DLC'S SO FAR IS THE PLAYLISTS!!! So what, do you want less playlists, or more modes? Make up your minds already...

As a RULE, ALL DLC should be "ACCESSIBLE", for ALL Maps/ModesINCLUDING: SINGLE PLAYER (ESPECIALLY: Battles and Survival!)

Especially since we, already, PAID FOR IT (via: the SEASON PASS!)
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    DarthFugue wrote: »
    @Banzai_Eddie THE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IN THE DLC'S SO FAR IS THE PLAYLISTS!!! So what, do you want less playlists, or more modes? Make up your minds already...

I AGREE !
  • DarthFugue
    20 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    FURTHERMORE…

Make the MultiPlayer Selection Screen (Loadouts, Character Appearance, Hutt Contracts, etc.) "ACCESSIBLE", to SINGLE PLAYER!!!

Also: would it hurt, too much, to have some SURVIVAL Maps, where you're a lone Stormtrooper… fighting off 15 Waves, of REBELS???

(I just came up with a NEW FINAL WAVE, for SURVIVAL… You've made it, and you have CLEARED, Wave 15… but, you weren't expecting WAVE 16… You've drawn the EMPIRE's attention… And now, you must defeat… Stormtroopers, TIE Bombers, AT-STs, and… DARTH VADER!!!)

"Get With The Game, Already!"
  • 3 things I want:

1. What was it, before: Higher, or Lower
    2. AND 3. Agreed
  • DarthFugue wrote: »
    3 things I want:

1. What was it, before: Higher, or Lower
    2. AND 3. Agreed

It was higher. MUCH higher. So high that in the past I didn't even bother attacking it because of how long it would take.
  • @MrStarGamer

And…

With the "modifications", to the TIE Interceptor's Weapons, it takes EVEN LESS time, NOW, to destroy the Millennium Falcon, and Slave I!
  • I so hope we will get some news on an upcoming patch soon. Hopefully there will be at east one patch to fix some bugs before RO DLC comes out.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    DarthFugue wrote: »

Yes this (above)...All DLCs especially the Deathstar.. Oh and the multiplayer hand for Missions, Survival and Skirmish showed NOT require an internet modum connection to use.

Proof I am right about offline issue straight from Leftweet:
    An interesting factiod: Since servers were down, I played 'Mission' mode on Tattooine. I noticed something odd. The multiplayer hand that I had opened up for beating it (in Hard difficulty) is gone. Yep...gone [rolls eyes and sigh]...
    leftweet wrote: »
    An interesting factiod: Since servers were down, I played 'Mission' mode on Tattooine. I noticed something odd. The multiplayer hand that I had opened up for beating it (in Hard difficulty) is gone. Yep gone, [rolls eyes, sigh]...

Back on topic: Well it's 12:15 am in the morning still NO connection to the EA servers.

Yeah, the multiplayer hand doesn't show up unless you're connected to the server.
    leftweet wrote: »
    An interesting factiod: Since servers were down, I played 'Mission' mode on Tattooine. I noticed something odd. The multiplayer hand that I had opened up for beating it (in Hard difficulty) is gone. Yep gone, [rolls eyes, sigh]...

Back on topic: Well it's 12:15 am in the morning still NO connection to the EA servers.

Yeah, the multiplayer hand doesn't show up unless you're connected to the server.

What's up with that? They did that with Skirmishes DLC Heroes and the Villains too.

• Give us more skirmish and add capital ships to vanilla fighter squadron