criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Official Star Wars Battlefront Death Star Update Feedback Thread.

Replies

• Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    What is this strange music I'm listening to on the Deathstar? Where is the classic John Williams score for the Deathstar Trench, when I'm actually 'IN' the Deathstar trench?
  • What is this strange music I'm listening to on the Deathstar? Where is the classic John Williams score for the Deathstar Trench, when I'm actually 'IN' the Deathstar trench?

Maybe, they're afraid that you might "take too long", going down the "Trench"… ;)

But, if I had to guess (and, this is just a guess), EA probably did NOT "get Permission", from John Williams/DISNEY™, to use it…

So, we're STUCK with it! :s
  • Darth_Cerebus
    2165 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    What they need to do is allow for all DLC maps and modes to be in Skirmish, and stay there without server connection. Battlefront is supposed to allow freedom to play however you want, isn't it? Well, the imbalances and lack of content definitely murdered that idea, then more or less demanded money from us to fix it.
  • Oh by the way they released the Cybernetic Female skin.
  • DarthFugue wrote: »
    What is this strange music I'm listening to on the Deathstar? Where is the classic John Williams score for the Deathstar Trench, when I'm actually 'IN' the Deathstar trench?

Maybe, they're afraid that you might "take too long", going down the "Trench"… ;)

But, if I had to guess (and, this is just a guess), EA probably did NOT "get Permission", from John Williams/DISNEY™, to use it…

Hmmmmm this is possible, I considered this. It could be that Rogue One is using it and they don't own the rights to it. You'd think Disney would like the promotion? Whatever...
  • DarthFugue wrote: »

Hmmmmm this is possible, I considered this. It could be that Rogue One is using it and they don't own the rights to it. You'd think Disney would like the promotion? Whatever...

I don't think that's the case. They use so much original score blended with new stuff written by Gordy Haab, I think they decided his fusion suited it better than a straight lift. I actually really like all the music in the game :smile:
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    DarthFugue wrote: »

I don't think that's the case. They use so much original score blended with new stuff written by Gordy Haab, I think they decided his fusion suited it better than *a straight lift. I actually really like all the music in the game :smile:

Hhhhh yeah it's decent and all but the original is always my fav. I used to own the two record set in the 70's [yeah I know that dates me, lol]. Nothing beats John Williams...
    * If in doubt Dice always lift the original.
  • So is Extraction never going to be fixed?
  • Maytheforcebewithyou
    1020 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    @Sledgehammer70 more or all skirmish content offline maps, modes, dlc, mabye a mos Eisley map, more free content offline please.
  • @Sledgehammer70 more or all skirmish content offline maps, modes, dlc, mabye a mos Eisley map, more free content offline please.

Don't bother pal, he doesn't read the forums.
  • Juice2016 wrote: »
    @Sledgehammer70 more or all skirmish content offline maps, modes, dlc, mabye a mos Eisley map, more free content offline please.

Don't bother pal, he doesn't read the forums.

Even if he did, the guy is asking for more content than the game launched with! When are people finally going to understand this game is finished with?
    End of paid content = End of developer support.
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    PopoTateo wrote: »

Actually Dice not to long back said they would check if they can allot someone to do it (I.E.- team band width). Which basically means they will see if they can't afford it financially to task someone to work on Skirmish, etc...
    Here is a post from another topic thread that may enlighten you:
    Dice responding to a question about what's going on with Skirmish.
    "We are looking at many different things based on the teams band width."- (Sledge Hammer 70) Matt Everett
    Just looked up the term: "-team band width,-" regarding the gaming industry. Since the subject was Skirmish, what he is saying is they are trying to deligate who they can afford to assign to the task of Skirmish. They are trying to decide who they can afford to give up to work on the project basically.

Please see this breakdown:
    http://www.rhythmsystems.com/blog/calculate-your-teams-bandwidth-before-quarterly-planning

Back on topic: Thanks Dice for the health token on the Deathstar trench run turn I requested. Your the greatest. :)

• If, at the very least, the soft lock overheat could be optionally switched off for the offline game modes (Missions and Skirmish), that'd be good enough.
    New Yorker, Star Wars fan, 'nuff said.
  • PopoTateo wrote: »

Actually Dice not to long back said they would check if they can allot someone to do it (I.E.- team band width). Which basically means they will see if they can't afford it financially to task someone to work on Skirmish, etc...
    Here is a post from another topic thread that may enlighten you:
    Dice responding to a question about what's going on with Skirmish.
    "We are looking at many different things based on the teams band width."- (Sledge Hammer 70) Matt Everett
    Just looked up the term: "-team band width,-" regarding the gaming industry. Since the subject was Skirmish, what he is saying is they are trying to deligate who they can afford to assign to the task of Skirmish. They are trying to decide who they can afford to give up to work on the project basically.

Please see this breakdown:
    http://www.rhythmsystems.com/blog/calculate-your-teams-bandwidth-before-quarterly-planning

Back on topic: Thanks Dice for the health token on the Deathstar trench run turn I requested. Your the greatest. :)

You are a public relations dream. Of course they will say things like that to keep people interested. Do you expect them to say "This game is dead to us, so don't bother expecting anything"?
  • Ignore him. Hes a 50 year something year old DICE shill and this is probably the only game hes ever played.
  • Juice2016 wrote: »
    Ignore him. Hes a 50 year something year old DICE shill and this is probably the only game hes ever played.

I am NOT 'yet' 50...sheesh. [rolls eyes] Nor am I a shill and I do not care if you believe that. Oh and I've played video games since the very first game pong. Yeah so it dates me big deal. :p I've also played multiple consoles and hundreds of different types of games and I'm very good at it. Oh and I don't need to cheat to do it. B)

Back on topic: Athentic Trench Run music Dice please...
  • Fix.
    The.
    Lock-on.
    warning.
    for.
    the.
    TIE.
    Interceptor.
    That's a major priority.
  • Fix.
    The.
    Lock-on.
    warning.
    for.
    the.
    TIE.
    Interceptor.
    That's a major priority.

No.
    Fix.
    The.
    LAG.
    So.
    The.
    Game.
    Can.
    Be.
    Playable.
    That's a major priority. @MrStarGamer
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Sledge, GIVE US SOME F***ING NEWS
  • So, DICE said depending on the popularity of the DLC content, will determine if we see them in skirmish mode. I would love to see the entire death star battle in the skirmish mode. From attacking the Star Destroyers to getting selected for the trench run...all in single player or split screen co-op.

My son is 4, this is the first game we have been able to play together, and its amazing to do so as a father and Star Wars fan. I would love to do that level with him. So here I am, commenting to show "popularity" for DLC modes. Rather you play single player or not, you should toss this a comment giving it the said "popularity" for DICE to make it happen.

My concerns are that DICE wont take the time to program the AI to use the trench rather on offense or defense and that if we get anything it will just be fighter squadron. We want the trench run! Chant it for me boys, haha.

Lastly, AI needs tweaking on walker assault. Three minor things I notice that would vastly improve the experience and make it up to par.

1. Make AI fire more and from further out, if you do a level like hoth on multiplayer lazers are going off everywhere, if you are in a trench you see them overhead even though you cant see the battle and it gives a sense of large scale warfare. In singleplayer its bare as the AI only engages at close range and with minimal shots.

2. AI for aircraft need tweaking on walker assault. I went in split screen and left the number 2 player alone, never moving from the spawn, and as number 1 player flew a tie fighter and followed an X-wing. The X-wing did absolutely nothing but target player 2 on the ground who never moved and was far away from objectives. The X-wing paid zero attention to the other TIE fighters hot on it's trail and continued to run the same pattern always attempting to shoot player 2. The X-wing never attacked the walker, it never attacked the other AI on the ground, never protected the objectives, and barely paid notice to the enemies in the sky. It also always knew where player 2 was even if I moved him into cover. Fixing this would greatly increase single-player experiences as it's quite amazing to see those aircraft come in and attack something infront of you when flown by real players and you're just a grunt.

3. Allow AI to use certian pick ups, where are the orbital strikes, squad shield domes, and such from the AI? The single player is vastly lacking that hollywood star wars feel that you get in multiplayer. I feel these are simple fixes that would increase the replay value alot.

Thanks guys.
  • ross42899 wrote: »
    I so hope we will get some news on an upcoming patch soon. Hopefully there will be at east one patch to fix some bugs before RO DLC comes out.

Yeah. The dlc is an interesting concept which I like but the whole "let's break the game and not fix it" is unacceptable.
  • It's not perfect but I was thinking recently that I'm probably one of the target audiences for this game (which is why I like it!) First and foremost I'm a Star Wars fan. Secondly I've no real interest in playing other FPS games and bloody hell, was I awful at the game when I started last year!

I'm 39, have my own kids who play this game too and we all love it, is it flawed yes, does it entertain, certainly. I have little to compare it to (SNES game probably aren't comparable?!) but it's fun for what it is. It can be infuriating: you die too quickly and it's taken them an age to fix bugs and balancing issues but I've sunk more 250hrs into the game and find it a nice way to chill out for an hour after kids have gone bed and now it feels like the game it should've been on release.

I never played the PS2 era battlefronts but I would agree there was a woeful lack of content on release, this has been fixed in the main now but I do like the idea of a campaign or conquest mode. Any enlightening thoughts from anyone on what might be in BF2 would be appreciated...

I appreciate it's a casual game but it certainly takes a lot of practice to get good at it. I'm good across the board now but better at CQC and flying than anything else. I love the immersion of the new DLCs, Bespin got me really into it and the deathstar DLC although flawed is my most played mode. I use my good flying skills to help my team and then tear it up in the tight corridors.

I find the instant criticism though of so many folks on the internet a little tiresome. Things cost money, we're not entitled to anything and whilst I would never pay full price for the game, I bought the main game second hand in december for £20 and then bought the season pass full price later on. For £60 I've had an awful lot of fun and it's got me back into gaming. I'm not much into battlefield or call of duty but if a more sic-fi esque FPS was made I might be interested now that I've developed my skills a little.

I've been mightily entertained by the game and although it has it's faults and EA have their hands in our ***** wallets, I'm not gonna tell them to ***** off just yet. I do hope they take on board people's criticisms for BF2 and I'm looking forward to the RO DLC.

I'm grateful to be able to play a realistic looking SW game which entertains, I've waited 30 years for one!

Jeez, didn't mean to write that much...

From a humble SW fan.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    Sledge, GIVE US SOME F***ING NEWS

Maybe we are on the wrong radio channel?

And yeah, just as @MrStarGamer said, fix the lock on warning for TIE Interceptor. Nobody will survive playing until Rogue One, unlesss RO will be worse.
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• There is some pretty horrendous lag on PC at the moment, EU servers - have noticed it far more on the Extraction playlist than on the Death Star one.

I hope it can be looked into.
  • Prime time on a Sunday evening US West coast and I can't find any Death Star Battlestation games on PC.

=Please makes this a skirmish offline mode so I can at least play the dog fighting maps I paid for. :(
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Prime time on a Sunday evening US West coast and I can't find any Death Star Battlestation games on PC.

=Please makes this a skirmish offline mode so I can at least play the dog fighting maps I paid for. :(

All those in school are probably doing a last ditch effort to get there homework done on Sunday night, no shock there.

On a personal note: I finally destroyed the Deathstar twice now (a month ago). I'm very glad, I was soooo excited...thanks Dice for that experience. :)
  • shaundobson
    1899 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Why is there still a feedback thread when all Devs and our 'Community manager' no longer visit the forums ??
  • Uhm.... DICE? You there? Give us some info please...
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Paul131 wrote: »
    Uhm.... DICE? You there? Give us some info please...

Dennis will be gone tell January 2017 of next year.
  • Paul131 wrote: »
    Uhm.... DICE? You there? Give us some info please...

Dennis will be gone tell January 2017 of next year.

By then the forums will have self destructed.
  • Ctown
    859 posts Member
    So Dennis is gone, one more dlc to go which will be the worst, EA you are slowly letting this die
  • Ctown wrote: »
    So Dennis is gone, one more dlc to go which will be the worst, EA you are slowly letting this die

You expected something different from a game at the end of it's life cycle.
  • thestarwarsfan
    1459 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Last Active October 29: Sledghammer.
    I miss the communication from you @Sledgehammer70 . It's always wise to discuss with the customers. Would be cool if you could start beeing available for the community.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • @Sledgehammer70 The next Battlefront should orientate on the original Battlefronts again, if you read ciritc in this forum or extern sides you will find out the major problems which this game is suffering since its and every DLC release.
    4oEtTHz.png
  • You guys truely disgust me
  • This is appalling, DICE.
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Maligma19 wrote: »
    This is appalling, DICE.
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    You guys truely disgust me

They really did pull the plug, @Jrob122
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Anoh wrote: »
    This is appalling, DICE.

Such a shame smh. Let's just pray the RO patch has EVERYTHING fixed up so they can leave us to rot in peace.
  • PopoTateo
    4866 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Anoh wrote: »
    This is appalling, DICE.

Such a shame smh. Let's just pray the RO patch has EVERYTHING fixed up so they can leave us to rot in peace.

Seriously you should expect pretty maps, a new mode which is much worse than anything we have now, at least one completly useless card/weapon and one overpowered card/weapon, one hero to be much much better than the other, and a forced playlist.
    That should follow the trend quite well to finish things off. There will be a nerf/buff or two in the update, along with a few small fixes. But more importantly, im sure the update will break at least a couple of new things. Unless the Rouge One update breaks something to an unplayable state, expect that to be all she wrote. If it does do that, I'm sure there will be one last update in january/february.

Oh yes, i nearly forgot the most obvious thing. Expect the lag to get worse too!
    This is appalling, DICE.

Seriously you should expect pretty maps, a new mode which is much worse than anything we have now, at least one completly useless card/weapon and one overpowered card/weapon, one hero to be much much better than the other, and a forced playlist.
    That should follow the trend quite well to finish things off. There will be a nerf/buff or two in the update, along with a few small fixes. But more importantly, im sure the update will break at least a couple of new things. Unless the Rouge One update breaks something to an unplayable state, expect that to be all she wrote. If it does do that, I'm sure there will be one last update in january/february.

Oh yes, i nearly forgot the most obvious thing. Expect the lag to get worse too!

Can't forget the lag!
  • Starmasui17324
    2793 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    PopoTateo wrote: »
    This is appalling, DICE.

Can't forget the lag!

Yeah the lag issue seems to be crossover people coming from another server to yours that are out of your region. For example someone from Australia joined a game with my USA friends. We are on the west coast USA servers and immediately we had epic rubber band latency. It doesn't matter if it's Deathstar DLC or the others, it's pretty much the same effect everywhere. I wonder why this is? Why can't the servers handle crossover? Are they not powerful enough to unscramble all the data?
  • Last Active October 29: Sledghammer.
    I miss the communication from you @Sledgehammer70 . It's always wise to discuss with the customers. Would be cool if you could start beeing available for the community.

Tomorrow day 13.
    4oEtTHz.png
    hqdefault.jpg
    Unless the Rouge One update breaks something to an unplayable state, expect that to be all she wrote. If it does do that, I'm sure there will be one last update in january/february.

To be honest I wouldn't expect a patch if it's broken and unplayable. They've decided to let the game go unpatched for over a month even though, at least on PC, there are literally game breaking bugs (like the infinite load bug among others). If they're willing to let bugs like that go unfixed for over two months I wouldn't expect them to fix a game breaking bug, even if it's at the level of a 50% chance of crashing before getting to the main menu.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member
    Boy the next patch can save the game if no more game breaking glitches are introduced.
    • Stun locks rearranged between Heroes - FINALLY!
    • Vader multitasking when Force Choking - FINALLY reaching his full potentiel!
    • Hero Blast - All blast maps of the game vanilla + DLC in one playlist, Hero combat only. At last :naughty:
    • Lando's Power Blast fixed - FINALLY!
    • Potentiel Chewbacca buffs!
    • More modes for the Death Star!
    • Maybe traits for all vanilla Heroes
    • Maybe the Stinger Pistol effect to Boba's flamethrower
    • Bossk's Predatory Instincts no longer randomly turning off!
    • WA Multi-hero glitch fixed
    • Extraction Sorosuub Refinery pickup glitch fix
    • Tweaks to the droids (unknown)
    • Maybe Palpatine's new block?
    • And of course, the Rogue One™ DLC.

All I've been waiting for is coming, I'm very glad!

That's all we know for now, keep the teases coming Guillaume!
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I've only one wish to the Rogue One DLC. Large maps. Please more than just one (like in Bespin) and don't mix them with small modes.
    I only love to play large maps and the large map players are waiting since the first DLC and have to switch to Battlefield 1 to get their large battle experience. Please Dice, @Sledgehammer70, @FireWall, @EA_Afista and @TheVestalViking @leftweet @StarWarsHQ_Ryan don't forget the large mode players.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Boy the next patch can save the game if no more game breaking glitches are introduced.

Yes, and if the soft lock overheat is gotten rid of as well. As I said before, it should, if absolutely nothing else, be made so that you can optionally switch it on or off in the Skirmish and Mission modes. If that happened, the mansplainers who like the overheat would really have nothing to complain about, since it wouldn't affect their gameplay at all (as opposed to getting rid of it in multiplayer as well, which would only slightly alter their experience).
  • I've only one wish to the Rogue One DLC. Large maps. Please more than just one (like in Bespin) and don't mix them with small modes.
    I only love to play large maps and the large map players are waiting since the first DLC and have to switch to Battlefield 1 to get their large battle experience. Please Dice, @Sledgehammer70, @FireWall, @EA_Afista and @TheVestalViking @leftweet @StarWarsHQ_Ryan don't forget the large mode players.

Why bother sending this to that team? They got paid and have moved on.
  • Anoh
    8381 posts Member

Yes, and if the soft lock overheat is gotten rid of as well. As I said before, it should, if absolutely nothing else, be made so that you can optionally switch it on or off in the Skirmish and Mission modes. If that happened, the mansplainers who like the overheat would really have nothing to complain about, since it wouldn't affect their gameplay at all (as opposed to getting rid of it in multiplayer as well, which would only slightly alter their experience).

I really like the overheat! It adds a layer of skill to flying!

I really like the overheat! It adds a layer of skill to flying!

Okay, but a very large number of players (aside from myself) hate it. This is why the overheat should be something that a player can optionally toggle on or off. That way, the player gets the element of choice (or rather, gets it back since it didn't take an overheat to use the soft lock more strategically before). But there are some..."interesting" players here on the forums that can't seem to be able to handle other players using the soft lock the way that they like, even though it has no negative effects on their own gamplay. That's why it should be, if nothing else, something you can switch on or off in the offline Missions and Skirmish modes. Unless, of course, these people are so adamant about how other people should be using the soft lock, that they feel the need to micromanage them when they're playing against bots.