criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Pilots' Lounge Ep II

Prev1
We had one of these a while back, seems like a good time to dust off the furniture and discuss Death Star strategies and changes to FS.

Concentrate all firepower on that Star Destroyer.

2016_AdmiralAckbar_LucasFilm_050416.article_x4.jpg

Replies

• Still have 42 minutes on the download.. D-:
    May the force be with you.
  • Jaywal wrote: »
    Still have 42 minutes on the download.. D-:
    Darn you Dice for going in alphabetical order :(
    PC
    PS4
    Xbox
    I still cant dowload it yet...

You'll never make a pilot with that attitude, there's plenty to discuss! 'Star card' changes, AI wingmen, new hero ships, Falcon nerf... I'm just hype that FS players are about to become a lot more useful.

I have you now...

You'll never make a pilot with that attitude, there's plenty to discuss! 'Star card' changes, AI wingmen, new hero ships, Falcon nerf... I'm just hype that FS players are about to become a lot more useful.

I have you now...

Lol word.

I'm just stoked that I can fly and have an objective! What are your thoughts on a strat for phase 1?
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Jaywal wrote: »

I have you now...

Lol word.

I'm just stoked that I can fly and have an objective! What are your thoughts on a strat for phase 1?
    Kill everything...... Get to know the map first. Powerup and Repair tokens, cover and objective spots then kill everything....

• Jaywal
    2856 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dotty wrote: »

I have you now...

Lol word.

Kill everything......

:o Mind blown.

Okay here's the real question for you guys.

X-Wing or A-Wing?
    TIE Fighter or Interceptor?

• Doesnt matter.. Ill fly till I die...

I think Ill start with a TIE I....
  • Dotty wrote: »
    Doesnt matter.. Ill fly till I die...

Lol so much ryhming. I'm definately interested in the Interceptor's new ability. Getting a feel for how it works etc.
    Dotty wrote: »
    Doesnt matter.. Ill fly till I die...

Lol so much ryhming. I'm definately interested in the Interceptor's new ability. Getting a feel for how it works etc.
    Yep, muh Laser Barrage will put those Rebel Scum in the garage...

• "Stop ryhming I mean it!"

;)
  • Deff the INT. Laser barrage looks pretty sweet. From the stream, it looks like they fixed most of the turning/hit detection issues, for the most part.
  • I'll get back to you on the phase I strategy, but as for ships for the moment I think I'll stick to the X-Wing for shields, but I'm looking forward to trying out the Interceptor's Lazer Barrage (shoop da woop). I think before it felt like you were choosing a skin rather than a ship.
    "Stop ryhming I mean it!"

;)
    Boredom or Insanity.. pick one. I cant help it that Im goling to welp... dang it. I lost muh train o thought :(
    Anyway, Im going to hope I find a TIE defender and see how long I can keep it alive(I know they only last 60 secs but I dont think I saw any last that long). That and try to stack Defenders and Bomber wingmen.

• I think before it felt like you were choosing a skin rather than a ship.

Very much so
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    I think before it felt like you were choosing a skin rather than a ship.

Very much so

Yes exactly
  • What happened to that joke account, the guy who styled himself the greatest pilot in history? Did he go the way of the hue?
  • What happened to that joke account, the guy who styled himself the greatest pilot in history? Did he go the way of the hue?

You referring to "U ain't got no powers"? I haven't seen him in some time.

On another note, I've got 12min left of installation and I'll be flying!

Real talk.. I did not like that guy. At all.

Not a bad pilot though.

• That's the one! I started off disliking him until I figured it was a troll account rather than genuine arrogance. Never got to play the guy, Xbone UK means I don't get to spot too many forum members in game (although I have Sumptiz on my friends list, 'Sumptiz is now playing Star Wars Battlefront' popping up on my phone still hasn't lost its charm).
  • (although I have Sumptiz on my friends list, 'Sumptiz is now playing Star Wars Battlefront' popping up on my phone still hasn't lost its charm).

This
  • 8 min left

And you aint got no powers posted the other I think 8)
  • Glad they removed torpedoes from the TIE fighters. TIE's never had torpedoes in the movies.
  • Glad they removed torpedoes from the TIE fighters. TIE's never had torpedoes in the movies.

I think they're still equipped on regular TIEs.
  • Can't help cracking up at the guys in other threads salty that the DLC based on the movie where they blew up a space station in fighters has lots of space and fighters.

Me;
    fb4821a55878e400ce303c79cd0aff6a97bc6ac5e61181e7598338deff5bc8f5.jpg
  • Yeah, all the people spewing negativity are pretty comical. They are upset over such petty things.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Can't help cracking up at the guys in other threads salty that the DLC based on the movie where they blew up a space station in fighters has lots of space and fighters.

Me;

Lol, what did they expect?
  • Gingie wrote: »
    Can't help cracking up at the guys in other threads salty that the DLC based on the movie where they blew up a space station in fighters has lots of space and fighters.

Me;

Lol, what did they expect?

I just read one comment where someone was absolutely furious over the fact that they had to play in a vehicle. It's dumb stuff like that.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Yes petty because it would have been impossible to add modes that didn't firce people to play content they dont like. Hint stud, that's not remotely petty. It is however bad business.
  • courtsdad wrote: »
    Yes petty because it would have been impossible to add modes that didn't firce people to play content they dont like. Hint stud, that's not remotely petty. It is however bad business.

Gee, a DLC based off a space battle scene from a movie that includes space battles. What an outrage!
  • Let the hate flow through you...

In other news, the Falcon is useless, they've over-cooked the nerf.
  • Let the hate flow through you...

In other news, the Falcon is useless, they've over-cooked the nerf.

I'll try the Falcon when I play later today.

How about the DLT-19X? Anyone tried it with Sharpshooter?
  • Haven't had chance to play Red 5/TIE Advanced yet but the Interceptor is an absolute beast.
  • So how many other veteran pilots are topping the board every round of Battle Station? :smile:
  • bfloo
    14096 posts Member
    So how many other veteran pilots are topping the board every round of Battle Station? :smile:

Depends on how bad I do during phase 2
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I hadn't flown much befoe death star dlc. Did some FS occasionally but only for the vehicle challanges. I always just felt like I was flying around in a circle above a canyon, just trying to survive. Jakku map was pretty good though.

Anyways now that Battle mode has dropped flying feels pretty cool again. Going around death star, asteroids. Taking down a star destroyer or those scum trying to stop it. trench run! It all feels so much more important than before. So much more to pay attention to. Flying is definitely back for me. I realize I'm bad though. Most of the time I break even K/D or am a little above. My best run was 24-8 but I think only 15 were real enemies. I feel like I can at least contribute though. Taking down the priority targets during trench run is all I need. I was a runner once and crashed immediately. Need some practice apparently
  • Once question during phase 1. Can imperials actually shoot down the y wings? I feel like hit detection is way off on them.
  • bfloo
    14096 posts Member
    stevenomes wrote: »
    Once question during phase 1. Can imperials actually shoot down the y wings? I feel like hit detection is way off on them.

I took down 1, but not sure if it was a power up.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Once question during phase 1. Can imperials actually shoot down the y wings? I feel like hit detection is way off on them.

The non-power-up ones fly in a straight line above the Star Destroyer.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • I mean the default ones that are streaming at the Star Destroyer during attack phase. I lock on shoot them looks like it's doing damage but nothing.
  • bfloo
    14096 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

The non-power-up ones fly in a straight line above the Star Destroyer.

I wasn't paying that much attention to where it came from or which way it went.

h846398gb27k.png

• stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Also I agree with falcon comment. Seems kind of weak now. I guess you have to use it more strategically and pop during the attack phase? I feel like i can't survive much more than one run. As soon as I spawn those wretched imperials are all over me.
  • bfloo
    14096 posts Member
    Also I agree with falcon comment. Seems kind of weak now. I guess you have to use it more strategically and pop during the attack phase? I feel like i can't survive much more than one run. As soon as I spawn those wretched imperials are all over me.

I tried it once, got pummeled immediately.

h846398gb27k.png

• stevenomes wrote: »

I took it down to 5 health as an Interceptor.
  • My first 10 games we never made past first phase. Most of the teams I think we're just playing it like fs and didn't know about the objective. Now though seems to be a little better. Can get to phase 2 about half the time.
  • Gingie wrote: »

Yeah it's definitely a problem, the Falcon is basically a points piñata.
  • bfloo
    14096 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »

I took it down twice, not dieing either time, though needed a blaster refresh in between. I'd guess a bad pilot, but it is in a tough spot to get if you can't fly.

h846398gb27k.png

• I trailed a guy in the falcon as a tie and just lay waste to them. That thing is a big target and now basically a meat shield. Maybe they need to use its abilities more? Even so it's mostly just a matter of time before the piranhas find you and it's over.
  • Feels like the underside of star destroyer target is the hardest to get. It's not real visible as to what to hit and kind of have to fly up on an angle to get a good look. It's taking a.while to bring down and if one small group of ties is patrolling I get owned. Been trying to go after it first because seems to take the longest. But most of team is up top or looking for powrups in the asteroids field, so I get blown up quickly.
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Gingie wrote: »

I took it down twice, not dieing either time, though needed a blaster refresh in between. I'd guess a bad pilot, but it is in a tough spot to get if you can't fly.

Yeah much to easy to take out now killed it three times in one round yesterday.
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Anyone else know the parameters of assigning pilots for trench run ? Do you have to be in the trench to get picked? Is there any visual cue besides the tiny text on the right side listing the 3 lucky pilots? I got picked once and didn't realize it right away then flew into trench to my death.