criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

I paid a lot of money for this season pass and I have yet to see the value

I cannot believe how lacking the DLC has been so far. Here I was thinking that this latest dlc would have a great selection of maps and gameplay. I naively thought they would have death star flavored maps for supremacy and some of the smaller modes.

All I see is one friggin big map broken into 3 sections(space/ground/space) and one deathmatch map. I can't believe this.

Surely the talented experienced management at Dice is not responsible for this. This design ineptitude has has to be coming from EA.

Because if it is coming from Dice, I worry for battlefied 1. Why do I get the feeling that the dev budgets are getting reduced for maximum profits. It would go far in explaining the lack of content.

This is so sad. Here we see EA milking the SW license for every last drop and bring down Dice's name with it.

It's bad enough the gameplay is simplistic and watered down for mass appeal but the lack of content after spending for the season pass+game is horrible.

Replies

  • Wasnt the SP only like $50?
  • Lonnisity
    1941 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    "I paid $50 knowing nothing about what my money was going towards so you should meet my baseless expectations."

    Dear God, I'm starting to sound like Blazur.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • neostar wrote: »
    I cannot believe how lacking the DLC has been so far. Here I was thinking that this latest dlc would have a great selection of maps and gameplay. I naively thought they would have death star flavored maps for supremacy and some of the smaller modes.

    All I see is one friggin big map broken into 3 sections(space/ground/space) and one deathmatch map. I can't believe this.

    Surely the talented experienced management at Dice is not responsible for this. This design ineptitude has has to be coming from EA.

    Because if it is coming from Dice, I worry for battlefied 1. Why do I get the feeling that the dev budgets are getting reduced for maximum profits. It would go far in explaining the lack of content.

    This is so sad. Here we see EA milking the SW license for every last drop and bring down Dice's name with it.

    It's bad enough the gameplay is simplistic and watered down for mass appeal but the lack of content after spending for the season pass+game is horrible.

    Dude you've just lured in every virgin star wars fanboy in this forum. Be on your guard
  • Yeah its been awful value. pretty sure there are like 4 people max working on these dlcs
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    "I paid $50 knowing nothing about what my money was going towards so you should meet my baseless expectations."

    Dear God, I'm starting to sound like Blazur.

    Baseless??? I bought the season pass because this product had the Dice reputation behind it. I have been buying their products for almost 15 years and was very satisfied with the battlefield series and it's DLC.

    No sir, not baseless.
  • Joonlar wrote: »
    Yeah its been awful value. pretty sure there are like 4 people max working on these dlcs

    The irony is if this product had followed a steam workshop model, we would have dozens upon dozens of quality maps to choose from not to mention and ridiculous variety of skins and weapons. Alas this product like all EA products is behind the paywall that is EA.

    EA's greed continues to show in their managed products.
  • neostar wrote: »
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    "I paid $50 knowing nothing about what my money was going towards so you should meet my baseless expectations."

    Dear God, I'm starting to sound like Blazur.

    Baseless??? I bought the season pass because this product had the Dice reputation behind it. I have been buying their products for almost 15 years and was very satisfied with the battlefield series and it's DLC.

    No sir, not baseless.

    Alright, you got me there. You have a valid point
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Wasnt the SP only like $50?
    only 50$ are you a spoiled brat. For the price of a whole game thats alot if were paying 50$ we want our moneys worth and the season pass has been actually worth 15$

  • Agree this is a joke
  • When did you buy season pass? Just a question as I don't buy them at launch anymore, too many failed expectations. you could already tell with this one it was described very vague and for $50 probably need to see more before I drop the bones. There is no harm in waiting until we see what he content is before paying that much for season pass.
  • neostar wrote: »
    I cannot believe how lacking the DLC has been so far. Here I was thinking that this latest dlc would have a great selection of maps and gameplay. I naively thought they would have death star flavored maps for supremacy and some of the smaller modes.

    All I see is one friggin big map broken into 3 sections(space/ground/space) and one deathmatch map. I can't believe this.

    Surely the talented experienced management at Dice is not responsible for this. This design ineptitude has has to be coming from EA.

    Because if it is coming from Dice, I worry for battlefied 1. Why do I get the feeling that the dev budgets are getting reduced for maximum profits. It would go far in explaining the lack of content.

    This is so sad. Here we see EA milking the SW license for every last drop and bring down Dice's name with it.

    It's bad enough the gameplay is simplistic and watered down for mass appeal but the lack of content after spending for the season pass+game is horrible.

    Have to say I absolutely agree with you. I bought the Season Pass yesterday in anticipation of this DLC above all else - the chance to finally (finally!) play in an X-wing above the Death Star Trench (luckily I got the Pass for £24.99 as opposed to the usual PSN price of £39.99 (FFS))...

    ...What an absolute let-down it is. Sure - it looks amazing when you finally slog your way to the third section of the DLC (which you absolutely have to since there is no other way to get to the Death Star Trench Run section). This is a disaster. No SP mode, no separate dogfight mode above the Death Star... the list of exclusions just goes on and on...

    I've been away from this game for a long time. I expected to see a lot more added to the game yesterday when I downloaded that Season Pass. It's shocking how little has been granted to players. Disgusting, really.

    Now I guess I have to wait for 6 months to find out if the money-grubbers at EA will sanction Dice to create SP versions of the Death Star DLC... I won't hold my breath.

    I'm done with this nonsense.
  • Altought I still love and play the game everyday, I have to agree with OP. It's basically a $100 dollar game, and not one that's worth it, at that.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Why didn't you wait to buy until the dlc dropped and more details were known? Did you see the live stream?
  • Themainman wrote: »
    Wasnt the SP only like $50?
    only 50$ are you a spoiled brat. For the price of a whole game thats alot if were paying 50$ we want our moneys worth and the season pass has been actually worth 15$

    No. I'm a person with a job. Just don't see how $50 is something to cry about....
  • $50 bucks isn't a lot of money in anyone's definition. That's a week of coffee's from Starbucks. Get real.
  • This season pass content is okay but yes price is probably the highest of any game. Season pass in other games is like $25-40$. This was $50 at launch! Yes it's a lot , so even more reason to be hesitant do a lot of research about what you'll be getting before making the move. It seems odd to buy season pass the day before content is released without having concrete idea of what it will be. If you knew what it would contain before buying would you still have got it? If no then rhe solution is to wait a few days after dlc drops and see what exactly it had.
  • Themainman wrote: »
    Wasnt the SP only like $50?
    only 50$ are you a spoiled brat. For the price of a whole game thats alot if were paying 50$ we want our moneys worth and the season pass has been actually worth 15$

    No. I'm a person with a job. Just don't see how $50 is something to cry about....

    I too am a person with a job and believe me, I don't mind spending $50 on a game like this since it has given me many good moments, but taking into consideration regular game/DLC prices it's a rather expensive one.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Very expensive but again video game is entertainment and this is the cost of entertainment in the market. I spent $40 at the grocery store yesterday. The food will last me a few days but need it to survive. I've spent 200+ hours with this game so far and I'm still playing so I think it's still worth it. It's not for everyone though
  • thedrum808
    1713 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Do you want some fries with your saltiness?

    Season Pass is fun. You have gotten more maps and more heroes than expected. You've gotten a variety of weapons, interesting modes (better than vanilla for sure) and fun items.

    If you're new to the SP, play though Outer Rim and Bespin as well before making a judgement.

    To be fair, each DLC brings in a host of new bugs and some disappointment from over-hyped fans or those that wanted something different (*cough cough* Death Star). But they are solid, quality DLC's because they are fun to play and have a lot of replayability. I haven't yet gotten bored of Bespin or Outer Rim, and it's been a while now.
  • Ah, the value of entertainment outrage.

    A bad movie, will cost you at least $5 an hour in the theater. How about dropping $100 for a 2 hour concert? MMM, a latte at Starbucks run you a good $5, what is that, $20 an hour?

    If you get the cost of any video game below $1 or $2 an hour, you really shouldn't complain about it being expensive. Just move on if you hate it, it's not worth the grief. This wasn't a lifetime investment. The game is closing in on being a year old.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!