criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

How do you rank the DLC's in order so far?

I appreciate Death Star has only been out a day but how would you rank the DLC's we've received so far?

Me personally:

1. Outer Rim
2. Bespin
3. Death Star

I am giving the Death Star more time as I'm only about 5 hours into it but that's my opinion at the moment.

Replies

• Outer rim
    Bespin
    Deathstar
  • Not give deathstar much time yet, just came home from work. But I suspect I will come to the same conclusion.
  • 1. Outer Rim
    2. Bespin
    3. Death Star

The sad thing is that I thought Outer Rim was just decent and that obviously the future DLCs would be better, but they have only gotten worse.
  • rattler87
    152 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Outer Rim
    Bespin
    DeathStar

Why FS is so prominent in DeathStar is beyond me. Who the heck even plays that mode? If you play Bespin and the rotation gets to FS over half the people back out. They need to concentrate on ground modes NOT flying modes.
    I'm sure EA / DICE can easily see what the most popular modes being played are. There is no way that FS is at the top of that list.
  • - Bespin

- Outer Rim

- Death Star
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Outer Rim
    Bespin
    Death Star
  • Bespin,cloud city, walker assault,soo good !
    Outer rim, exstaction soo good!
    Death star,trench run soo good too.
    But i love the sand and forest on suprem but hay!
    May The Force Be With You.
  • Same order they were released in, which seems to be the general consensus.
  • Anoh
    8380 posts Member
    Outer Rim
    Death Star
    Bespin

Add HvV to Bespin and Death Star and they'll all be my favourite
    Editor/Cinematographer - Anoh is pronounced: AhNo.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Its mainly infantry players that rank DS at the bottom. Every player that posted has admitted they hate flying. These results are based on personal prefence nothing more. They are upset that DS was focused on infantry combat evdn though the 2 previous DLCs were almost exclusively focused on infantry.
    DS
    Bespin
    Outer Rim.

Before DS i personally hated the other DLC because they didnt add any new modes for pilots.

• ThirdDegreePun
    1992 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Anoh wrote: »
    Outer Rim
    Death Star
    Bespin

Add HvV to Bespin and Death Star and they'll all be my favourite

Same :tongue: although not just because of HvV. I found Bespin's maps to be frustrating and centred too much on certain rooms and grenade fests. I enjoy Death Star a lot more, but I can't play it as much in one sitting because I get bored playing the same space maps 1st and 3rd over and over. Enjoy Blast and Phase 2 a lot however, and I've had some good space battles too!

Outer Rim despite so much hate is actually a pretty perfect DLC. It added a great new mode, odd but satisfying heroes, great maps and useful but not OP Star Cards. Bespin fails all of those pretty much, Death Star gets everything right except I want a bigger playlist.
  • I dont mind any of them there all good, but the trick is survival mwahaha,
  • Schweinwinder
    619 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Outer Rim

Bespin

Death Star

i know the Death Star will surpass Bespin and possibly Outer Rim once more modes are added. (hopefully HvV is one of those modes)
  • Are they adding more modes though??
  • Are they adding more modes though??

The only reason it has so few modes is because everyone complained about having too many 'filler' modes in the other DLCs. Dennis said on twitter they're working on it.
  • Cool,but how can people complain about having too many?more is good impo.
    I like it but it would be nice to have a blast in the hangar mwahaha
  • Cool,but how can people complain about having too many?more is good impo.
    I like it but it would be nice to have a blast in the hangar mwahaha

The problems with the past DLC was that people JUST wanted to play the new mode, and to do so on the several maps it was available on. For example when Bespin launched everyone wanted to play Sabotage, but it took forever to get a game of it because there were heaps of big modes (WA, Supremacy, Turning Point, Fighter Squadron) all of which had attack/defend phases so it could be 2 hours between matches. The real problem was that it kept you doing things you don't want to for too long, but everyone complained that it was because there were too many unwanted modes in the Playlist.

And so moving forward the devs did what you should almost never do, which is trust in a vocal group's suggestion for a fix, and for this DLC they focused it entirely around the new mode, with the occasional 'refreshment' which is Blast/FS. Additionally Battle Station doesn't work quite as well being played that often due to it having 2/3rds of its maps the same every time, it can get a bit boring.

Ultimately they're going to remedy the situation with more modes, no doubt people will then complain about being put in modes they don't like, but I've always been fine with the playlist, it's the best and simplest solution that is the problem of having 4 separate DLCs.
  • old_chancer
    141 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    DS DLC delivered improved FS so more people might play it outside of the DLC ( I know I stopped ) - nobody knows numbers other than DICE but to NOT fly in a Star Wars game are you serious? Also blast is often quoted as 'top' mode by DICE .

Too early to rank DLCs for me but the playlist tends to colour peoples' view based on which mode they hate the most being in that DLC playlist?

Vocal Minorities are never representational
  • 1. Death Star
    2. Bespin
    3. Outer Rim
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • 1. Outer Rim

2. Bespin

3. Death Star
    Palpatine may or may not be homosexual.
  • 1. Bespin (Mainly for sabotage and the atmosphere)
    2. Death Star (Seems I'm one of few who enjoys)
    3. Outer Rim (Only cared for Scatter Gun and Adrenaline Stim)
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • Outer Rim

Bespin

Death Star
    PSN: Tallion828
  • 1. Outer Rim
    I absolutely love Extraction, and I've always been a fan of minor, quirky characters like Greedo and Nien Nunb.

2. Death Star
    I really enjoy Battle Station, but I admit the space battles can get a bit repetetive. Should be easy to fix by adding more modes, though. Oh, and Bossk is maybe my favorite Star Wars character next to Boba Fett.

3. Bespin
    Sabotage is... alright. I've grown to appreciate it over time, but it's far from my favorite. The carbon-freezing map feels way too small for the amount of players, so it's like a 24/7 all you can eat grenade buffet in there. As for the heroes, I never really cared for Lando or Dengar, despite their stylish cape and head diaper.
  • outer rim pretty much is the best hands down