criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Just Want To Point Something Out To The Rebels (Battle Station)

2Next

Replies

  • Would do it again.
  • SorenTheSage
    576 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Lonnisity wrote: »
    starwars-485x327.jpg

    The problem with that is that the Empire had absolutely no reason to burn Luke's house to the ground and incinerate his relatives. They were looking for a droid. If Owen and Beru were known fugitives that would be one thing...

    Don't know if it's canon, but one comic had Darth Vader ordering their execution because he believed they failed to protect his mother. In other words, Darth Vader had them killed for revenge.
    Vaderguide.jpg
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • Jaywal wrote: »
    Lol...

    Let me help from a Nuetral stand point


    The Galactic Empire

    Pros:
    Origanized society
    Wealth (to certain star systems)
    Introduction of new technologies
    Employed millions of people


    Cons:
    Rules by a Dark lord of the Sith who
    -Manipulated the previous diplomatic senate and really the galaxy into war.
    A war that killed millions and ended with the death of countless Jedi who, prior to this war created by Palpatine were quiet guardians of Peace and Justice.
    Dictatorship with no empathy for anyone other than himself.
    Racist government forcing slaves to work in terrible conditions
    Outer Rim planets suffer due to the corrupt Imperial Governers and over mining of its natural resources.
    -Ruthlessly builds a Massively space station of death with the purpose of inflicting fear to the galaxy.
    Destroys a planet of billions of innocent people because the government of the planet rebelled. (Could've arrested and replaced with Imp governors instead) clearly just an oppurtunity to show fear.
    Poor treatment of employees/military officials. How many does Vader kill?

    The Rebel Alliance to restore the Republic

    Pros
    Guided by the light side of the force with the help of 3 remaining Jedi knights

    Built on hope, peace, justice and love.
    Treats it's people kindly and equally.
    Offers humanitarian service to those negatively affected by the imperial regime.
    Restoring the Republic that treated the galaxy we'll and equally, along with respecting those who desired to remain nuetral.

    Cons
    Having to stoop down to the horrors of war in order to restore peace to the galaxy.
    However little or no civilian casualties vs the empires billions.



    Conclusions:

    The Galactic Empire:
    The Empire is 100% (Due to the Evil Dark lords desire for power and his quest for it [i.e. Clone wars]) built on a lie and has no love for the Galaxy only itself)

    The Rebel alliance to restore the Republic
    Guided by the light side of the force and empathetically serves the individuals of the galaxy with love and equality.

    This is not a neutral stand point.

    You must break through the fog of lies the Jedi have created around you. Good is a point of view, Jaywal. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

    The Jedi
    Pros
    None that spring to mind

    Cons
    Contributed to a dysfunctional system of government and poor society. Happy to stand by and do nothing despite witnessing injustice
    Selfish - basically a group of hippies who really only had their own interests at heart, but instead of "peace, man" they are violent and uncompromising
    Power hungry
    Say that they use the Force "for knowledge and defence, never for attack" and then attack and kill innocent people
    Inspire insurgency - through pure deceit in pretending that one of their droids was a god - in a poor bunch of teddy bears, ill equipped for modern warfare, who acted as blaster fodder for rebel terrorists
    High profile but little support - just a ramshackle collection of aging space ships and transient bases that could be destroyed by half a dozen AT-ATs
    Bullies - for example trying to interfere in Trade Federation negotations

    The Sith
    Pros
    Brought discipline and order to the galaxy
    Striving for peace, although admittedly there was some minor collateral damage that occurred along the way, for example the occasional destruction of a planet... but this was all in the interests of bringing peace, order and prosperity
    Excellent performance management - not afraid to fire poorly performing employees, thus setting a good example to hard working staff
    Good training - one-on-one mentoring for those at the top of the organization
    Open to modern working practices, for example job sharing and the creation of job opportunities

    Cons
    A bit of nepotism - spent too much time and money pursing an insignificant terrorist organisation because one of the bosses was related to a couple of the rebel terrorists. Would probably have been better off just letting the outer rim population slug it out until they dragged themselves into some form of civilization... I mean, there's just no helping some people.
  • Lonnisity wrote: »

    The problem with that is that the Empire had absolutely no reason to burn Luke's house to the ground and incinerate his relatives. They were looking for a droid. If Owen and Beru were known fugitives that would be one thing...

    Did the Empire really burn Luke's house though?... http://www.cops.com/cops-star-wars/

    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • deathstar_reflections_by_wil_woods-d1ygyce.jpg

    Am I clear ?


  • In case this thread made anyone want to watch that again.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • Why bump threads? Just why?
  • because I enjoy being a passive kill joy
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • This thread is awesome.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • GoodBytes
    146 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Personal politics influences many decisions we make daily, most of which are subconscious. As an audience watching Star Wars we having a greater knowledge of what's going on which makes it easy for us to say "everyone working on the Death Star knew the risk involved, if they got killed it's their own fault". But did they know the risk? Did they really? I'm inclined to say no they didn't.

    Here's an example....

    At 9:37am on September 11, 2001 American Airlines flight 77 was flown into the headquarters of the United States Department of Defence (the Pentagon) as an act of terror. There were 125 fatalities, 70 of which were civilian. Could you say that the death of those 70 civilians was their own fault, simply because they were located in a Government facility and they should have known the risk?

    No need to reply to that question, just have a think about it because it's the same principal with the Death Star.
    Alone against all these droids....? Hmph... they don't stand a chance.
  • ya I'm not touching that one with a 10 ft gaffi stick
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • because I enjoy being a passive kill joy

    Well then, okay :D
  • Lonnisity
    1946 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    GoodBytes wrote: »
    Personal politics influences many decisions we make daily, most of which are subconscious. As an audience watching Star Wars we having a greater knowledge of what's going on which makes it easy for us to say "everyone working on the Death Star knew the risk involved, if they got killed it's their own fault". But did they know the risk? Did they really? I'm inclined to say no they didn't.

    Here's an example....

    At 9:37am on September 11, 2001 American Airlines flight 77 was flown into the headquarters of the United States Department of Defence (the Pentagon) as an act of terror. There were 125 fatalities, 70 of which were civilian. Could you say that the death of those 70 civilians was their own fault, simply because they were located in a Government facility and they should have known the risk?

    No need to reply to that question, just have a think about it because it's the same principal with the Death Star.

    Well, no it's not.

    It's hard to compare the Pentagon with the Death Star, because the Pentagon wasn't built with the express purpose of instilling fear into and controlling the world.

    All the people on here like, "The rebels were terrorists because the Empire was the established government." Just because a government exists doesn't make it moral, and seeking to remove a destructive, corrupt government doesn't make you immoral.

    Yout can twist it any way you want. The Empire kills people and rules with fear, the Rebels want to stop them. That's all.

    EDIT: Sorry, saw September 11, 2001 and immediately assumed you were talking about the Trade Centers lol. I've adjusted my point.
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    GoodBytes wrote: »
    Personal politics influences many decisions we make daily, most of which are subconscious. As an audience watching Star Wars we having a greater knowledge of what's going on which makes it easy for us to say "everyone working on the Death Star knew the risk involved, if they got killed it's their own fault". But did they know the risk? Did they really? I'm inclined to say no they didn't.

    Here's an example....

    At 9:37am on September 11, 2001 American Airlines flight 77 was flown into the headquarters of the United States Department of Defence (the Pentagon) as an act of terror. There were 125 fatalities, 70 of which were civilian. Could you say that the death of those 70 civilians was their own fault, simply because they were located in a Government facility and they should have known the risk?

    No need to reply to that question, just have a think about it because it's the same principal with the Death Star.

    Well, no it's not.

    It's hard to compare the Trade Centers with the Death Star, because the Trade Centers weren't built with the express purpose of destroying planets (or destruction on any scale)

    It would be more accurate to compare the Trade Centers to Alderaan.

    All the people on here like, "The rebels were terrorists because the Empire was the established government." Just because a government exists doesn't make it moral, and seeking to remove a destructive, corrupt government doesn't make you immoral.

    Yout can twist it any way you want. The Empire kills people and rules with fear, the Rebels want to stop them. That's all.

    The Empire if I remember correctly also despised alien species and enslaved them and sent them to the mines of Kessel. I always felt like Lucas modeled the empire off the Axis powers of WWII. ***** are bad mmmkay.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!