criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Obi-Wan Kenobi Community Quests

Please Buff the Millenium Falcon

It's been mentioned a few times, but imho it's a big one that needs a thread. The Falcon is now made of balsa wood and crepe paper.

I've used it five times on Battle Station (and I'll avoid it in future), everyone already knows it has low health so you're basically a big old points piñata.

tumblr_n9t6hdNR2J1ru5h8co1_500.gif

Lock on to enemies is poor, so you can achieve very few kills/Destroyer runs while you're being pounded, or your alternative is to fly around with your enormous turning circle and get no kills at all while trying to face whoever's wrecking you (often the seemingly more manoeuvrable Slave I).

Heroes and Hero ships are supposed to be OP and wreck grunts, that's the fun of them. Right now the Falcon is pretty awful.

Replies

• NICK-ALTMAN
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It is major **** e now.
  • Agreed. Thanks for ruining my favorite reason for playing FS, Dice.

"It's like they're almost listening."
  • Agreed. Thanks for ruining my favorite reason for playing FS, Dice.

"It's like they're almost listening."
    LOL

• thiago2103 wrote: »
    Yep , all heroes ships needs a major buff apart from Red-5

Vader is fine, with a refresh pickup he has a constant shield that can't be deactivated as no rebels have ion weapons. He's pretty good where he is imo
    "The force is strong with this one."
  • Agreed. It's hilarious how much damage a TIE Interceptor can do to it.
  • They've turned our hero into a zero!

And that "almost like we're listening" passive aggressive snark is really pretty typical of their PR sensibilities.
  • I'm in for a buff too. There is a reason they are heroes.
  • Agreed...the Falcon is quite bad right now.

Give the Slave 1 a bump in speed while we're at it.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I agree, spawning at the falcon now is basically suicide. I can get more kills in an X-Wing.
  • It needs buffed. You know it's bad when just one or two pilots can take it down without a problem.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad
  • I'm not a great pilot but even I can take that thing down pretty quickly. When I used to see falcon I would speed boost out. Now I head straight for it and lock on.
  • Balmain24
    1532 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    ALL hero ships need buffing. They've gone from being beast to slightly better than an A-Wing...
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • They've turned our hero into a zero!

And that "almost like we're listening" passive aggressive snark is really pretty typical of their PR sensibilities.

I'm making t-shirts.
  • 2 TIE Interceptors + Laser barrage = Dead Solo
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • bfloo
    15020 posts Member
    2 TIE Interceptors + Laser barrage = Dead Solo

Only need 1. With Vader's Tie Advanced I took a full health Falcon down in ~ 6 seconds.
    I think I can last longer 1 on 1 as Dengar vs Luke, though not much.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Yeah, nobody asked for that and now they Hero shops are useless
  • Besides a buff in health for the slave1 and falcon; I think they should add a new ability to where they're able to kill pursuers behind them, like the slave1 can drop satchel charges or something and idk what we can do for the falcon but something needs to be done.
  • EpicTrec wrote: »
    Besides a buff in health for the slave1 and falcon; I think they should add a new ability to where they're able to kill pursuers behind them, like the slave1 can drop satchel charges or something and idk what we can do for the falcon but something needs to be done.

I'd like to see that. The Slave I could drop those sonic imploders from Attack of the Clones, and maybe the Falcon's turret can fire off a few shots to its rear.
  • EpicTrec wrote: »
    Besides a buff in health for the slave1 and falcon; I think they should add a new ability to where they're able to kill pursuers behind them, like the slave1 can drop satchel charges or something and idk what we can do for the falcon but something needs to be done.

I'd like to see that. The Slave I could drop those sonic imploders from Attack of the Clones, and maybe the Falcon's turret can fire off a few shots to its rear.

I like it. Chewie in the gun well :smile:
  • +1000
  • We did ask for SLIGHT nerf to Hero ships so e.g when you overheat you don't take just 5 HP from Falcon or Slave 1. It was a problem, yes, that hero ships were too strong, health wise.

They just nerfed more than it was needed and now we got Dead Solo before even our TIE Fighter can overheat. Well it can but just once.

Do we always have to point our fingers, press them at the specific and precise thing that needs to be done? We asked for a slight nerf, they nerfed it too much, we ask for a buff, they will buff it a little too much, then nerf it a little and again over and over again.
    When I see somebody posting another useless theard
    tumblr_mqtcovhc8q1srwn65o9_250.gif

• Paul131 wrote: »
    We did ask for SLIGHT nerf to Hero ships so e.g when you overheat you don't take just 5 HP from Falcon or Slave 1. It was a problem, yes, that hero ships were too strong, health wise.

They just nerfed more than it was needed and now we got Dead Solo before even our TIE Fighter can overheat. Well it can but just once.

Do we always have to point our fingers, press them at the specific and precise thing that needs to be done? We asked for a slight nerf, they nerfed it too much, we ask for a buff, they will buff it a little too much, then nerf it a little and again over and over again.

I personally think it's fine as it is, health-wise. The reason it seems so weak is because Battle Station is an objective based mode, unlike Fighter Squadron.

In Fighter Squadron there is absolutely zero reason to spend time on a bullet sponge like the Falcon, so everyone just avoids it and hopes it doesn't come after them. It takes a ton of time to kill and it gives you just as many points as an X-wing.

In Battle Station, however, taking down the Falcon deals a huge blow to the Rebels' ability to damage the Star Destroyer. So everyone goes straight for it, because it's dealing huge amounts of damage to the ship they're supposed to protect.

That's why no one complains about the Slave I's health, even though it probably has the same amount of health. Rebels don't go after the Slave I, because it doesn't help their objective.
  • The falcon can do CRAZY damage in the first phase so keeping the OG health might be a little too much... But I do agree buffing it to an extent.
  • Jrob122 wrote: »
    The falcon can do CRAZY damage in the first phase so keeping the OG health might be a little too much... But I do agree buffing it to an extent.

It depends if you're ignored. If you get an enemy team who don't pay attention then you can do some real damage, but it's rare. I picked up the hero token again to try Red 5 (always taken!) so was left with another Falcon run. It's pointless to try and see who's behind you so I went in a straight line for the Destroyer, popping shields. Didn't even reach it before exploding.
    The falcon can do CRAZY damage in the first phase so keeping the OG health might be a little too much... But I do agree buffing it to an extent.

It depends if you're ignored. If you get an enemy team who don't pay attention then you can do some real damage, but it's rare. I picked up the hero token again to try Red 5 (always taken!) so was left with another Falcon run. It's pointless to try and see who's behind you so I went in a straight line for the Destroyer, popping shields. Didn't even reach it before exploding.

You mean in Phase 1? Red Five isn't taken by someone else, you just can't use it in the first phase. Same goes for the Falcon in Phase 3.

You mean in Phase 1? Red Five isn't taken by someone else, you just can't use it in the first phase. Same goes for the Falcon in Phase 3.

Ahhh, cheers for that, I hadn't picked up on it.
  • These issues are arising in vanilla FS too. Falcon and Slave 1 are easy to shred, so everyone chases them now. Both need a health buff.

I agree with the option for a rear-firing attack for the Falcon and Slave. They are large, so it is very hard to shake a tail. Sometimes a hero ship has three enemies tailing and firing away.

For the Slave, I would drop one of its missile attacks, and add a rear-dropped seismic charge that is a OHK with a nice blast radius. But place on a delayed explosion. Bomb drops... flashes red for a second... explodes. Long cooldown to avoid spamming.

For the Falcon, the turrets can replace speed boost. They rear-fire with automated lock-on for 5 seconds at a power level similar to laser barrage. Again, long cooldown to prevent spam.

This would make enemies wary about going straight after the hero ships. Because if you arrive when they have the rear-fire defense ready, you will get shredded.