criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Orbital Strike

Just wondered what you all think about the Orbital Strike and the fact the opposition can see where it's going to land? To me it's the ultimate pick-up but it seems unfair the opposition should see where it's targeting. Sometimes when the Heroes/Villians are engaged in combat they can't move out of the way quickly enough and you can target your strike doing some decent damage but it's rare.

I don't believe the opposition should know it's incoming. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• I think it's a bit one-sided in HvV when the enemy team gets 3-4 and we get infinite Blaster Cannons
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif
  • First, nice name ;)

Second, I think it's fine the way it is.
  • Nothing needs to be done with the orbital strike. I don't think the main purpose is to kill, but to force players standing on an objective to reposition, or pin them down for a few seconds.
    "PSN ID: Miku666_"

• bfloo
    14100 posts Member
    My only issue is trying to aim it.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• dowdyGUMP wrote: »
    I think it's fine the way it is.

• SorenTheSage
    576 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Use it to your advantage. Launch the OS on the objective, which will force the enemy to abandon it.
    "I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." - Kyle Katarn
  • I have more than double the kills with the homing shot than the orbital strike, which is extremely sad.
    Homing Shot: Slow moving projectile that can be easily avoided. (equip when you simply want to laugh at anyone you kill)
    Orbital Strike: Fire from heaven, raining a massive explodiness. (Too bad you can barely ever get it to go where you want to.)
    Play the kriffing objective, or get the kriff out.