criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Really, 16 death from Bwing/Ywing? No player got me!

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited September 2016
Ok, so I had a couple of nice rounds on the same server..... suddenly the Y and B wings started to one shot me! On this last round I only got killed by those f
ers! Isn't that some kind of stupid?

Ended this one on 31 kills and 16 deaths. Way below the normal 50/2-5

Why are they even there? Cannot find a single post about someone wants an OP killing machines as powerup in fs - not in here nor at reddit and the likes
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• They'd better add them as playable ships
    Those pickups are not just pointless, they are also OP AF
    Use those vehicle models to create flyable ships DICE!
    Experience outranks everything
  • The only reason I like them right now is because they're free good points towards getting level 75 for the flightsuit. After I get that I can see myself really hating these lol. Fly able vehicles would be amazing, I'd love to fly a Y-Wing
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • They can do one hit from across the map too! They need toning down a bit.....
  • Yep, had the same experience this morning. Reducing their effectiveness and making them playable would be great
  • Perhaps they will become playable. In the comanion app they are added as vehicles to kill with ...
    But my kills with them as power ups arent listed.
  • Lonnisity wrote: »
    The only reason I like them right now is because they're free good points towards getting level 75 for the flightsuit. After I get that I can see myself really hating these lol. Fly able vehicles would be amazing, I'd love to fly a Y-Wing

Yups, you're absolutely right! I got the rebel flightsuit last tuesday... and since then I'm really hating them :wink:
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • TheStalker88
    6072 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    They can be very annoying and ohk without any warning or delay. You could be flying and doing really good when suddenly get destroyed in one hit. Really frustrating, especially when trying many times to get a hero pickup and they just shoot you out of the sky every time.
  • The fighter pickups are indeed really overpowered. But, they honestly don't generate a lot of free kills for the person that picked them up. I have got them a number of times and I got 1 or 2 at the most for each pickup.

What I will say needs to be adjusted is their effectiveness on hero ships. I saw a video on YouTube where a guy who was a hero got taken out in 2 shots by a pickup fighter. Later the same day it happened to me. I was at 100 health and a Y-Wing took me out in 3 shots. I'd say leave them be for against regular fighters, nerf against heroes.

More than anything else, I want more ships to fly! Y-Wing and Tie Defender are at the top of the list.