criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Secondary Fire Suggestion

I have several ideas to fix the secondary fires on the weapons. The first fix is that the T-50 needs longer time to charge up its shot, but that's just a quick change.

I suggest that when you shoot your secondary fire, the overheat takes longer before you can fire again. Remember the effects of disruption upgraded when it first released? It takes 2 seconds before the over heat starts to go down. This makes the shot less spammy, and you have to use it wisely.

Both weapons also need damage nerfs against vehicles.

What do you think?

Replies

• Anything to reduce the spamming would be nice.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif

I'm definitely guilty of taking advantage of the secondary fire on these guns, but I agree. Increasing the cool down would definitely put a stop the spamming. Right now you can basically rapid fire it. Also, reduce the vehicle/Hero damage.
    PSN: ORancisis "I am one with the Force. The Force is with me"
  • alienhead94
    105 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The blast radius needs to be decreased.
  • Increase concussive blast charge time, decrease Bryar's charge time.
  • Gabo83
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I think the best for these secondary fire mode would be, if the star card charge pickup would add ammunition to the secondary fire, and u can use it as much charge pickups you can get. The charge pickups are useless on maps while you can buy it anytimes as many as you can afford in the menus. This would be remove annoying **** from the game, but hey.. more updates, more bulls*its...
  • Also, I think you shouldn't be able to have it charged and hold it there. It should be like the bowcaster when you charge it for too long it fires automatically.
  • Also, I think you shouldn't be able to have it charged and hold it there. It should be like the bowcaster when you charge it for too long it fires automatically.

I disagree with that. You'd frag yourself too many times with allies stepping in front of you. Might be interesting if it started building up heat at the same rate as primary fire. Hold it too long and it goes into critical overheat with no flush (charge does not fire). I think that's better since it carries the penalty of having built up heat even if you cancel the charge before overheating.

From my experience if you don't do a cooling flush the overheat balances the blast radius and damage. If your enemy can't kill you in the 3 seconds you're defenseless they weren't going to. And I have no sympathy for someone who I miss with a secondary shot and then gets killed by me after I let the weapon cool without a flush. When that happens it's not the TL 50 fault as the person would've died to basically any vanilla weapon. Make it so you can't get a cooling flush after firing the secondary and it'll be fine.
  • Nerf against vehicles, increase overheat time for both guns and it's perfect
  • Nightowl802000
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If you're going to nerf them then they lose what makes them any better then vanilla blasters
  • If you're going to nerf them then they lose what makes them any better then vanilla blasters

Preach it brother

I agree, it is just ridiculous and annoying.
    I think they should either reduce the damage, or make it more of a hassle to pull off, or make it so the secondary shot just "stuns" the target instead.
  • Have you tried flanking?
    “Until we reach the last edge, the last opening, the last star, and can go no higher.”
    Rest in peace, Carrie Fisher.
  • I think I would have a heart attach if something new came out and people would just leave it alone, instead of crying nerf.there is things I don't like to but I adapted to play with or against them. The guns aren't broken no need for a fix.