criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Gamescom 2019 Triple XP
Community Transmission

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Spoiler Discussion

I thought I would make a new thread for Season 3 so that people could freely discuss details without worrying about spoiling anyone. So here's the only warning you will get. This thread is full of SPOILERS!!

Replies

• ArchAngeL_777
    1789 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Very good season premier. A lot of subtle hints for the future:

1) Kallus' indirect objection to the apparent lack of concern for civilian casualties in Thrawn's methods. We've seen his attitude towards the Rebels change, so I wonder if this is the beginning of him understanding the brutal methods of the Empire. He clearly doesn't seem to realize the extent, since he wasn't willing to believe the Empire wiped out the Geonosians.

2) The fact they mentioned handing off the Y-Wing bombers to General Dodonna implies these might be part of the group that attacks the first Death Star. Clearly Thrawn knows there's a larger rebellion, and he's after the whole thing. That's really cool.

3) Ezra might not be turning to the dark side like we thought. At the end of the episode, he seems to realize the danger in using the holocron, but then seems to still want to find it again. I think the Maul episode continues that thread next week.

4) I'm not buying the Bendu. There's something not right there. Dark and light are two sides of the same coin, and there's nothing in the middle. If you're not operating in fear, anger, selfishness, and hatred of the Dark side as Ezra started to, then you are by default operating in faith, love, and other light side traits. There's no "in between" behaviors. So it leads me to think there's more to this Bendu character that could possibly be somewhat sinister. If he doesn't subscribe to the concept of light or dark, it could be that his moral compass in general is off. For instance, there will be things that most people agree are dark or evil, that he might believe is ok because he's claiming to be above those concepts.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    We already have a Star Wars Rebels Season 3 thread. Just below this one ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• We already have a Star Wars Rebels Season 3 thread. Just below this one ;)

That's not a spoiler thread. If the OP wants to make it such and change the title then fine, but I'm not going to discuss spoilers in a thread where people who haven't seen the episodes might be looking.
  • Every trailer there shows spoilers xD
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• The Bendu reminds me of The Father, he balanced his son and daughter. Thrawn was amazing, even though I never read his storyline, I only heard about him. I'm curious for next weeks episode. Is that Maul they're referring to?
  • Every trailer there shows spoilers xD

Then go post your spoilers in there. I'm not going to unless the OP changes the thread to a spoiler thread instead of just being a hype thread for the season 3 trailer. I'm not even going to bother with the difference between a trailer and a spoiler discussion.
  • The Bendu reminds me of The Father, he balanced his son and daughter. Thrawn was amazing, even though I never read his storyline, I only heard about him. I'm curious for next weeks episode. Is that Maul they're referring to?

Yeah that's true the Father did balance those two. Thrawn was easily the best of the "EU" books. Timothy Zahn turned him into an instant legend. I'm so glad they brought him in and Timothy Zahn is writing a new Thrawn book for the new canon due out next April.

Who do you mean by "they"? Maul definitely seems to be a big part of this season. I think next week's episode in fact.

Yeah that's true the Father did balance those two. Thrawn was easily the best of the "EU" books. Timothy Zahn turned him into an instant legend. I'm so glad they brought him in and Timothy Zahn is writing a new Thrawn book for the new canon due out next April.

Who do you mean by "they"? Maul definitely seems to be a big part of this season. I think next week's episode in fact.

It was the sneak peak for next weeks episode. Kanan and Ezra found the injured rebel who mentioned a red blade is going after them. Ezra thought it was another inquisitor. Is that Darth Maul is this context?

It was the sneak peak for next weeks episode. Kanan and Ezra found the injured rebel who mentioned a red blade is going after them. Ezra thought it was another inquisitor. Is that Darth Maul is this context?

Yeah I think it is Darth Maul. We know there's an episode with him upcoming, and I'm pretty sure this is the one they teased at Celebration.
  • I agree with everything you said. Although Bendu I'm not so sure. He may not be on a side but may also not be beyond helping either side if approached. Perhaps it has something to do with his species or they are introducing some kind of deeper connection/relationship to the force.

Maybe he has something to do with what happened with Anakin and Obi-Wan those few episodes from Clone Wars? The son and daughter represented the dark and light side of the force, but it was their father who was neutral and kept the balance right? I can only remember so much from those episodes. But he died I think I remember and wanted Anakin to take over duties keeping the balance but he didn't. Perhaps Bendu has become the new "caretaker" of balance? Someone refresh my memory if not.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Just watched the last episode, here are my two thoughts on that ending: Ezra said "two suns" - my guess one of the planets he saw was Tatooine? Could we actually see Obi-Wan this season(!)? Maul said "he's alive" - could he be referring to his brother Savage? All things considered, the tables have turned and if Maul survived he could have as well.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png
  • Just watched the last episode, here are my two thoughts on that ending: Ezra said "two suns" - my guess one of the planets he saw was Tatooine? Could we actually see Obi-Wan this season(!)? Maul said "he's alive" - could he be referring to his brother Savage? All things considered, the tables have turned and if Maul survived he could have as well.

I think he is referring to Kenobi. Savage got killed off for good by Sidious.

I think he is referring to Kenobi. Savage got killed off for good by Sidious.

He did, as we thought Maul did as well. However with Savage he was created with whatever powers Mother Talzin used. When Savage was killed, the essence left his body and floated into the air - he maybe could be brought back if someone else has that power. That is, if Mother Talzin really did die as well and isn't stuck in some ethereal form or something.

I'm just guessing, of course.
    Valid Token Confirmed.

fyq20437essy.png