criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Ok, Deathstar is here, now can we start solving the Forced Playlist problem?

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited September 2016
:wink:

Still think Extraction should be included in the base game and playable on all maps, but in the meantime, couldn´t we just get rid of that irritating "forced playlist" - at least in OT?

Prettypleasewithwhippedcreamoverstrawberriesdippedinhoneyandsugarontop :blush:

200w.gif
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• It's definitely time. Fold the Outer Rim maps into regular rotation for all players on all vanilla modes, leaving the OR 'playlist' as a dedicated Extraction lobby.

Come on DICE ol' buddy don't let me down.
  • It's definitely time. Fold the Outer Rim maps into regular rotation for all players on all vanilla modes, leaving the OR 'playlist' as a dedicated Extraction lobby.

This guy gets it.
    "A thing called grammar needs a buff."
    - tankertoad

+1
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • stevenomes
    4640 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    It's just odd that this wasn't done from the beginning. I mean to play outer rim, Bespin or death star I have to go to a completely separate and exclusive playlist. Wouldn't it be easier to at least have all the seasons pass content on one playlist where we could pick whatever maps/modes inside of it? Kind of like the setup for standard content.

+3

Yes please.
  • Meenie77
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Whilst I utterly agree with the sentiment

Is the problem not that the vanilla maps are not set up for extraction.. ie the layout won't work?

They should definatley put the OR maps into the normal rotation for droid run blast etc..

But just keep extraction as it's own play list

This could then be DLC/pass holders only if they are worried that people would complain

I'd be happy if they did it with bespin aswell
    ..just keep estraction as it's own dlc playlist
  • TheStalker88
    6072 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    If they put extraction, sabo, battle station in separate dlc mode menus and regular dlc modes in vanilla mode menus then everything would work out fine.
  • For the love of all fairy tales, please get rid of the damn playlists. They are what killed this game's player base. Love the game, hate being forced to play modes I don't like.
  • Meenie77
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The forced playlist would still be a chore.. but not such a pain in the neck if it didn't take a week to load and unload in/out of a match

I appraciaye that there is a lot of data to load to get a big map to run without mid load but it takes so long navigate between games

It's like they want to make it a chore to play
  • Here's the thing they created the playlist because they don't have the player base to support rolling modes like extraction, sabotage, and battle station in to the vanilla. However that has created another problem because now that the death Star has been released outer rim and Bespin modes are not as populated. So the purpose for having the playlist in the first place has been defeated. Just shows how inapt they are for not recognizing these circumstances.
  • MoistGamer
    894 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    I thought you quit the forums, stray.
    Here's the thing they created the playlist because they don't have the player base to support rolling modes like extraction, sabotage, and battle station in to the vanilla. However that has created another problem because now that the death Star has been released outer rim and Bespin modes are not as populated.

Ah, what a rarity. Another decently intelligent human being that actually gets the problem. We don't like the playlist either, but we're smart enough to understand why they exist.

What a breath of fresh air. Thank you for existing @Ihavetrolls

• Straywalker
    1034 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    MoistGamer wrote: »
    I thought you quit the forums, stray.

Likewise @MoistGamer :smile:

I was going through a phase. The negativity on the forum was way to much for me. The "no logic" or "weird logic" topics/comments from people looking for a fight was unbearable for normal people like me.

Now the forums have been balanced out, more positive topics and even tips/tricks topics pop up from time to time.

Still miss the odd word from the makers, though - I hate browsing Twitter!

• For the record I think rolling the dlc exclusive modes into vanilla is a bad idea that won't happen, but there's no sense in Blast in Jabba's Palace remaining behind a separate door to all the other Blast maps, and constantly skipping away into the night to leave you playing a mode you never wanted.

It actually solves a second problem; the old playlists become DLC mode specific rotations, so you can go play Extraction for a few rounds without being forced into something you want to quit.
  • I'm pretty sure they'll do a 'DLC' playlist, just like they did with BF4 when all the content was released.
    You gotta be patient with this game, you all know that...
    "PSN ID: Miku666_"

• Miku666_ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they'll do a 'DLC' playlist, just like they did with BF4 when all the content was released.

By then... the population will have moved on... sadly.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    Miku666_ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they'll do a 'DLC' playlist, just like they did with BF4 when all the content was released.
    Pilots are the most patient of all even though we have the fastest reflexes. Wierd that I just realized that ;) lol

• Extraction on all maps? It is not necessary.
    It would be horrible on some maps as in the Dune Sea.
    Extraction is designed to Outer Rim maps.
    Better working on new things and correct errors.
    giphy.gif
  • Dotty wrote: »
    Miku666_ wrote: »
    Pilots are the most patient of all even though we have the fastest reflexes. Wierd that I just realized that ;) lol

I know, patience is key to many things.

Greetings to you, fellow pilot!
    "PSN ID: Miku666_"

• stevenomes wrote: »
    It's just odd that this wasn't done from the beginning. I mean to play outer rim, Bespin or death star I have to go to a completely separate and exclusive playlist. Wouldn't it be easier to at least have all the seasons pass content on one playlist where we could pick whatever maps/modes inside of it? Kind of like the setup for standard content.

Hmm... Makes sense!
  • Extraction on all maps? It is not necessary.
    It would be horrible on some maps as in the Dune Sea.
    Extraction is designed to Outer Rim maps.
    Better working on new things and correct errors.

Are you kidding? Even some of the larger maps would be perfect (with only some small adjustment)
    Outpost Beta - (Hoth) - start inside the Ice caves and work your way out through the now closed big hangar door
    Jundland Wastes - (Tatooine) - Start in the village and work your way down the tunnels to the waiting ship
    Forest Moon of Endor - (Endor) - Imperials can try to extract some important thing from the tunnels to the waiting shuttle
    Sorosuub Centroplex - (Sullust)
    Graveyard of Giants - (Jakku) - actually, maybe not this one.. to much outside here
    Twilight on Hoth - (Hoth) - perfect cave system
    Survivors of Endor - (Endor) - Caves, trees, chokepoints... PERFECT!

Smaller Maps that support smaller Droid Run, Heroes vs Villains, Cargo (12 player mode), Drop Zone (16 player mode), Blast (20 player mode), Hero Hunt (7 on 1 mode ) are already all full of chokepoints and nice landing (ending) spots

Jawa Refuge - (Tatooine)
    Swamp Crash Site - (Endor)
    Ice Caves - (Hoth)
    Rebel Depot - (Tatooine)
    Imperial Hangar - (Sullust)
    Imperial Station - (Endor)
    Sulfur Fields - (Sullust)
    Dune Sea Exchange - (Tatooine)
    Rebel Base - (Hoth)
    Goazan Badlands - (Jakku) - nah, not this one either, same reason as the big brother.
    Raider Camp - (Tatooine)

That´s like 18 possible maps for Extraction! Now, would that be cool or what? :smile: