criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
July Community Calendar
Darth Maul Community Quests

Why aren't shock grenades nerfed yet

They're extremely unbalanced

Replies

• Really? I can't remember the last time I got stunned by one of those. Actually, I can, and it was self inflicted.
  • It's a shame they have not indicated the changes in the update notes as before.
    I feel they have modified the shock grenades.
    We can release more quickly by pressing Square (on PS4). While before it took much more time ...

Note : This star cards bothers me less than the old bug 2s invincibility on bomb bacta...
  • Sorry. I don't agree with the OP. If I thought shock grenades were so good, I would use them, which I don't.

I rarely see shock grenades used these days. Everybody is too busy bactajumping to bother selecting shock grenades.

If shock grenades were really OP, we wouldn't be able to move without being shocked every too seconds.
  • I agree with what you say also. It is rarely used. To me it becomes powerful when it's used massively.

It's like the TL-50 Secondary Fire or self-guided Shot.
  • bfloo
    14973 posts Member
    I don't see them used enough to think they are op. If anything, they are more fun to troll with.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• AL_GR33N_ wrote: »
    Really? I can't remember the last time I got stunned by one of those. Actually, I can, and it was self inflicted.

LMAO, this.

Their weakpoint is that they often do more harm than good, so it's balanced enough as it is.

Besides, a thermal detonator will kill you right away; a stun grenade only gives your opponent a chance to kill you.
  • Dotty
    2026 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Test... Comment approved?

Odd that I can post here but I cant post my comment in the Fighter Squadron Insights topic.
    I apologize for the offtopic and any possible double or triple posts that may appear in that topic.
  • I use it in my standard loadout.. but you really don't see it as often anymore. Of course, I really enjoy shocking myself (I am looking at you trooper who ran right in front of me to bounce it back!). It is very effective but no over powered or anything.. plus I am giving up something to have it. Jetpack, bacta, etc.
  • Because they don't need nerfed. What is a shock grenade supposed to do, stun you for a second? No, it shocks the crap out of you, like it should.
    As others have said i rarely see it used. The thing is if people throw it in close quarters the guy throwing it usually gets shocked too, which balances it out.
  • I was against a team on Drop Zone last night that it seemed that all of them were running the shocker. I would claim a pod and then get shocked. Sometimes I would escape, but often I would die by one of the two or three rushing in.

It was an effective strategy, but man I hate that card. It made me want to run my troll hand of Shock Grenade, Disruption and Flash Grenade.
  • It was an effective strategy, but man I hate that card. It made me want to run my troll hand of Shock Grenade, Disruption and Flash Grenade.

In my opinion, your troll hand would be improved by the addition of Dioxis in place of Flash grenade.

Chuck the dioxis then the shocker, then as your enemy is spamming square (PS) to get out of stun, hit them with disruption so they mis time their cooling flush. I imagine it to be rather frustrating, especially as all the while, they're taking dioxis damage ;)

• Just when you thought the calls for nerfs couldn't get any more ridiculous, someone calls for a nerf of a weapon that is rarely used and is in no way OP. If the game is too hard for you, just stop playing.
  • I love shock grenades especially against Bacta babies,Blue bubble babies and Disrupter d****
  • Just when you thought the calls for nerfs couldn't get any more ridiculous, someone calls for a nerf of a weapon that is rarely used and is in no way OP. If the game is too hard for you, just stop playing.

Game is not hard. I usually top leaderboards (not that it matters.) no need to insult. I actually had no idea you could get shocked yourself until I used it and shocked myself, was actually really funny. I wonder what the enemy thinks when you shock yourself lol. I know o would lol.
  • I love shock grenades especially against Bacta babies,Blue bubble babies and Disrupter d****

I think you meant. Bacta Bombs, Personal Shield users, and disruption users. Or you are talking about a different game.
    Or you're salty.
    May the force be with you.
  • I wouldn't mind a 1-2 second shock nerf, following a 5-10 second cooldown decrease to compensate
    tumblr_mvemcyarmn1rslphyo1_400.gif