criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why does it take 5 minutes to leave a game?

It's often quicker to ALT-F4 the game and restart than it is to press the leave game button at the end of the match.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• If you exit when the scoreboard is shown at the end of the match and before the 3 awards pop up, the load time is drastically better.
  • Why do they ask for your phone number when you buy batteries at Radio Shack? I dunno.
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • On PS4 it's the same, it takes for ever to leave a game. Haven't seen loading screen that long since the last decade.

You know, there are some stuff about this game who really bring questions concerning how they developed it.

Little things here and there but when put together it makes a weird canvas.
  • No idea why it takes so long, but as Deputy said you should leave the match right when the scoreboard is showing. You'll leave the match right then and there. If you have to wait though you can always practice whistling, memorizing the lyrics for the Partisan (I prefer the Wolfenstein version), or air guitar while listening to The Trooper by Iron Maiden. Find a way to pass the time :P
  • It's because the game is trying to load the next match, and if you leave too late it won't actually leave until the next match is fully loaded.
  • moondynemc wrote: »
    It's because the game is trying to load the next match, and if you leave too late it won't actually leave until the next match is fully loaded.

This^ Dispite voicing your desire to leave the game, Battlefront says:

"Oh, you want to quit to the menu? Okay, just let me load this next map as if you're going to play it AND THEN I'll take you to the menu."
    "Yeah, I'm responsible these days. It's the price you pay for being successful."
  • irishtim7
    705 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Yep. Once the leader board disappears, the tractor beam sucks you into the next game mode/map. Resistance is futile.
    I find your lack of Guinness disturbing
  • I'm thinking that it's essentially a waiting period to see if anyone else leaves. The game might be shuffling the teams based on who stays, and by finding out who leaves.

However I don't see why you couldn't just simply have the people leave right away instead of waiting for everyone else.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Gives me time to get another beer.

This.
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • TheStalker88
    6059 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Its faster to quit to main menu and then relaunch it lol. Why have loading and leaving times gotten this much worse since launch? Bottlenecked or bad servers?
  • If you exit when the scoreboard is shown at the end of the match and before the 3 awards pop up, the load time is drastically better.

That seems like the same as quiting the match the way it exits so fast. Can anyone confirm you don't lose the end of round credits and score when doing this? Because your right, it is lightning fast compared to waiting a bit longer then exiting.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • You will lose score and credits. Only after you see your money added can you quit.
  • You will lose score and credits. Only after you see your money added can you quit.

That's what I thought and didn't want to do it lol.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13

Which might explain the ridiculously exaggerated and irritable delay. Perhaps the game servers are trying to save your extra credits and that just take a while.

I bet the person that programmed this feature is the same person who decided it was necessary to press "Play" in order to quit. Maybe he used to work at Microsoft where it's become common to press "Start" to exit.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    You will lose score and credits. Only after you see your money added can you quit.

That's what I thought and didn't want to do it lol.

Wait. So if round ends and scoreboard pops up with my name on it but I quit game before the awards pop up and the credits actually total on screen, I lose those credits?

And drink it and grab another.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • Blazur wrote: »
    You will lose score and credits. Only after you see your money added can you quit.

Which might explain the ridiculously exaggerated and irritable delay. Perhaps the game servers are trying to save your extra credits and that just take a while.

I bet the person that programmed this feature is the same person who decided it was necessary to press "Play" in order to quit. Maybe he used to work at Microsoft where it's become common to press "Start" to exit.

Its not that. Credits and score are saved the moment money is added. Then you can quit the game to main menu instantly and they will be saved. Problem is servers or code.

Actually, to go to the nearest bar, have a few beers, play some pool, then come back to wait a few minutes for the next map in rotation to be FS and quit :joy:
    PSN: Balmain24. Feel free to add!
  • Balmain24 wrote: »
    Gives me time to get another beer.

Actually, to go to the nearest bar, have a few beers, play some pool, then come back to wait a few minutes for the next map in rotation to be FS and quit :joy:

I read Ian Gillan, the singer for the classic rock band Deep Purple, would go to the closest pub for a drink during Ritchie Blackmores guitar solos. Thought that was pretty BA.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar