criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Battlefront 2: Era Select

SAmulticore
3317 posts Member
edited October 2016
Alright so right now there are currently goblins working away in a grotto somewhere preparing EA Battlefront 2 for us, so this is about the time to rev up your hashtags and 'movements' (looking at you Byrney), because it's taking shape right now.

I'm going to concede something. I've argued against a focus on the prequels, because sand and Roger Roger, and whatever. But people want it, and people want the GCW. Some of us even want the sequel stuff. They're going to include sequel stuff. There's a movie coming out.

I don't want the GCW to be abandoned for prequel content I'm not engaged with. Some have said we've 'had our OT game already.' Let's start agreeing and push for equal attention to each, so neither you or I feel the need to headbutt a table. Let's push for a balanced era select.

It might already be happening, let's just make sure it does.

Replies

• i can already forsee era playlists...
    invalid brain token
  • i can already forsee era playlists...

Addendum. No playlists DICE thanks in advance
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    A way they could please everyone:

All OT content in this game (base and DLC) will be made available to anyone who currently owns it in Battlefront II. It will feature content from EP. 7-8, as well as content from the prequels.

I know that prequels might not happen in BFII, but I at least want all of this game's content to be made available in the next one.
  • Gingie wrote: »
    A way they could please everyone is by including all the eras in one game.

Battlefront II: All OT content in this game (base and DLC) will be made available to anyone who currently owns it in Battlefront II. It will feature content from EP. 7-8, as well as content from the prequels.

I know that prequels might not happen in BFII, but I at least want all of this game's content to be made available in the next one.

Yeah I've a horrible feeling we'll 'lose' the maps we have now, although I desperately hope not. But can you imagine the calls of 'lazy devs gave us the same maps again!' :joy:
  • Gingie
    4317 posts Member
    Gingie wrote: »
    A way they could please everyone is by including all the eras in one game.

Battlefront II: All OT content in this game (base and DLC) will be made available to anyone who currently owns it in Battlefront II. It will feature content from EP. 7-8, as well as content from the prequels.

Yeah I've a horrible feeling we'll 'lose' the maps we have now, although I desperately hope not. But can you imagine the calls of 'lazy devs gave us the same maps again!' :joy:

Lol, yeah. They lose either way.

All OT content in this game (base and DLC) will be made available to anyone who currently owns it in Battlefront II. It will feature content from EP. 7-8, as well as content from the prequels.

NO! NO DLC!....DLC is what made this Battlefront EA such crap to begin with! Splitting the playerbase in a game which provides NO server browser and only has forced map rotations is bad enough.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    What's the point of this thread? What is this supposed to change?
  • DarthJ
    6051 posts Member
    I'd like to see all 3 eras, and everything here carried over.

I know for a fact that once BF2 comes out I may only try this for skirmish once in a blue moon, so it'd be cool to have it as an option. But prequels era will be cool.
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Sb2432 wrote: »

I thought it was pretty clear, but hey there guy-I-called-out-in-a-thread-recently.

Maybe there's a focus on an era right now, one that's going to suck for a lot of players. Maybe they aren't working on the prequels. I'm saying I want to add my voice to those who want it. I'm asking them to support more OT content. I'm saying let's actually agree and say a three era Battlefront would be a good thing.
  • Sb2432
    2605 posts Member
    Sb2432 wrote: »

I thought it was pretty clear, but hey there guy-I-called-out-in-a-thread-recently.

Maybe there's a focus on an era right now, one that's going to suck for a lot of players. Maybe they aren't working on the prequels. I'm saying I want to add my voice to those who want it. I'm asking them to support more OT content. I'm saying let's actually agree and say a three era Battlefront would be a good thing.

Yes, a 3 era battlefront would be a good thing but I'm not sure if this thread would change much of what's been done or going to be done? Whatever, good luck to you!
  • Jrob122
    4638 posts Member
    Idk how they can do PT and battle droids when they can't even design ig's body structure...
  • Sb2432 wrote: »
    Sb2432 wrote: »

Yes, a 3 era battlefront would be a good thing but I'm not sure if this thread would change much of what's been done or going to be done? Whatever, good luck to you!

Support for an idea can change the course of the game, and in all fairness to DICE they've listened to a lot of big ideas and put the work in to implement them. Hues and dirt naps pay dividends when there are a lot of them.

If it simply falls off the page it falls off, if it gets a few pages long, well those things get noticed. Just an idea, but a good one I think.
  • I would absolutely love that! all the 3 era's in 1 game? yes please!!! All the star wars fans together, a big player base!
  • Of course I am always for all 3 eras. After this I am for CW game with CW series content in focus as well.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I would love to see all three eras covered. Fully support this thread, as well as your other one about keeping this games content in the next game.

But I have my doubts that Disney wants EA putting time and effort into prequel things. Although I'd be happy to be wrong, there's infinite amounts of content to take from it, especially the CW cartoon.

Unless the scope opens up DRASTICALLY in episode 8, there isn't going to be enough content from two movies to make a battlefront/war game...so they will no doubt have to include 'more star wars' from some where.

I've complained about the DLC quite a bit, but one thing I've really liked is they have drawn from other areas than the movies. (Landos night sniper, Kyle Katarns pistol etc) I'd love to see more of this no matter what direction the next game goes.
    Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • I would like prequel maps, but I cant say I care to play as Clone troopers or Battle Droids. In my BF2 days I always loaded my playlist with prequel maps but always chose Galactic Civil War for the era. I hated the Clone Wars classes and load outs.
    Deathstick addict. PSN: tuffgnar
  • Alright so right now there are currently goblins working away in a grotto somewhere preparing EA Battlefront 2 for us, so this is about the time to rev up your hashtags and 'movements' (looking at you Byrney), because it's taking shape right now.

I'm going to concede something. I've argued against a focus on the prequels, because sand and Roger Roger, and whatever. But people want it, and people want the GCW. Some of us even want the sequel stuff. They're going to include sequel stuff. There's a movie coming out.

I don't want the GCW to be abandoned for prequel content I'm not engaged with. Some have said we've 'had our OT game already.' Let's start agreeing and push for equal attention to each, so neither you or I feel the need to headbutt a table. Let's push for a balanced era select.

It might already be happening, let's just make sure it does.

Yes! #ClassicConquest #ThinkingAhead #StarWarsBattlefrontII
  • Jarrad
    2270 posts Member
    I would also like a Multiple Eras Battlefront game as well.

I'm definitely open to more Galactic Civil War and some Clone Wars and some First Order-Resistance Conflict.

I really thought that that is what EA/DICE was going to do with this Battlefront.

But they didn't for whatever reason.

That makes me wonder if future Battlefront games will also focus on ONE Era only, like this game.

And, if that IS the case, I would want Clone Wars to come, since we already got Galactic Civil War and there is currently very little to no content to properly and adequately support a First Order-Resistance Conflict ONLY Battlefront game.

But yes, first choice would be a Multiple Eras Battlefront game, with all Three Eras being showcased equally.
    Jrob122 wrote: »
    Idk how they can do PT and battle droids when they can't even design ig's body structure...

They'd probably focus more on the Super Battle Droid as the main droid to play as, which is way bulkier.

I don't think it'd be impossible to add droids to Battlefront, since it's been done in other Battlefronts, there are droids in this Battlefront, and since Chewie was brought to this Battlefront and his hair is way harder to design and animate than a droid body.

I think with IG-88, EA/DICE only had so much time and resources to work on DLC Heroes that they decided to go with easier options, rather than take the time to make IG-88.

I'd love all 3 eras!
  • maybe they could end up doing something like they are doing with bf1 and bf4/h ... make a unified main menu UI for the 2 (to 3 in the future) games, whereby switching eras is functionally switching games. The downside would be the GCW era not receiving the improvements that are sure to come in swbf2, unless some update is released to bring it up to the new game's level.

Or, as a second option, release proper expansion packs (not just dlc) containing new eras for swbf2, depending on what eras it contains. Potentially still have the season pass for dlc in the default era, then, for maybe $25-30, an era expansion that adds content worth about 65-80% of this this game... maps, skins, gear, vehicles, heros, with limited carryover between eras
  • dino_zor wrote: »
    maybe they could end up doing something like they are doing with bf1 and bf4/h ... make a unified main menu UI for the 2 (to 3 in the future) games, whereby switching eras is functionally switching games.

I never even knew that was a thing until you mentioned it, just Googled it and that's a really solid option.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7330 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I liked the solution from Battlefront II (2005) with all 3 eras. Campaign covered every era with the 501st. On every map could fight the two factions of the era regardless of canon hammer limitations. I am afraid if they drag content from this to BF 2 (EA) that the bugs will come with it in a brand new game.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• BF2 won't have enough content to warrant era select. Bf3 however...
    41st Forum Fury Battalion Member
  • I'm all for selectable eras, but I also believe that decision has been made a long time ago already. We saw a few months ago that they were already working on it. The scope of a game is one of the first things that's decided on, so this thread is probably about a year too late for this type of request.

Having said that, I honestly believe that EA is not stupid and they're already going with this approach anyway. (Or maybe they are mixing all the eras, I would honestly be fine with either.)
  • I'm all for selectable eras, but I also believe that decision has been made a long time ago already. We saw a few months ago that they were already working on it. The scope of a game is one of the first things that's decided on, so this thread is probably about a year too late for this type of request.

Having said that, I honestly believe that EA is not **** and they're already going with this approach anyway. (Or maybe they are mixing all the eras, I would honestly be fine with either.)

I agree with all of that, but I was struck by the awful possibility (or probability, depending on your faith in the team) that they might well be moving down a path that's going to spawn a million Vader 'Nooo' memes. Mixing eras to take your example. Some committee decision based nonsense about focusing on the sequels, neglecting the GCW etc. Ignoring the Clone Wars (for the many who want it).

I know it seems obvious to us that we should see multiple eras in one game, and that those eras be given equal attention. I just wouldn't take that outcome for granted.
  • I want to play in the Star Wars Christmas- Special Era!
    https://youtube.com/SpieleNerd <-- Best Let's Plays in the Galaxy!